Making History

Printer-friendly version

(( A bit of explanation, this was a submission for a contest in which the winning story would be recorded in an MP3 format. So it has to be written in narrative format. I offer it with no further commentary. -- Maid Joy ))

Making History

"Here, sit down in this chair. I promise you it won't hurt too much.

"Yes, there is going to be some pain, but you have to suffer for beauty, as they say.

"First things first, your hair. Lean back and settle your head in the sink. What do you think of this scent? Like it? You obviously take care of your hair, and that's rare for most people these days.

“I’m glad to see that you took that rose petal bath I advised. I always found those oil baths to be absolutely divine and SOOO sensual. You don’t have to moisturize when you get out with all that lovely rose oil floating on the surface of the tub.

“Well, we knew that I was going to be doing your hair and it is going to be just what we discussed simple sweet and classically elegant, the reason a bride wore her hair down traditionally was to prove she wasn’t hiding a weapon, can you believe it dear? There washed rinsed repeated and conditioned… all done.

"I hope you enjoyed the shampooing, such a lovely luxury I always thinks. Now, before it’s dried a trim to get rid of the dead ends and to give you some shape. Feathered you say? How 80's of you my dear. May I suggest that you consider the elegance of a chignon. Formal gowns really do demand a chignon and you have such a lovely neck, it would be a crime not to show it off.

"There, I think that looks much better. Just enough softness to lighten the lines, wouldn't want to scare your man off on the first day of the rest of his life with you, would we? Once we finish with the rollers and it's dried I guarantee you will be stunning.

"Time for some of the pain I mentioned. We need to wax you. Yes, the whole body. Lay down here. I'll move the towels around to preserve your modesty. Sharp sting -- sorry, that did get you a bit. Never been waxed before? I promise you that it will make you smoother for a lot longer time than shaving does.

"Unfortunately there is more of this to come. I'll get out the soothing cream to make things nicer after we are done.

"There, takes the sting out doesn't it? Okay, now to shave your underarms. No, no waxing there, it would be too painful. There, all done.

"I want to suggest a bikini wax, if you don't mind. I know that is an incredibly sensitive area, but it will make things look so much nicer for tomorrow night. He'll love it. Okay, now to flip over and we do the other side. Yes, more of the same, but I didn't lie about the cream, did I?

"There we go. We’re all done with that part. Lay there for a bit and relax. Some hot stones will make you feel better. I'll get the manicurist in to do your nails while you lay there.

“I think Kelly is such an artist when it comes to nails. Not too much and not too little. Yes, the pearlescent is going to be perfect, just a slight sheen on them. Oh, my goodness, you are wearing gloves, aren’t you? Are you sure? We can trim the ends to show your nails if you want. Oh, I think that’s going to look heavenly. I’ll be right back. Snip, snip.

“What was that? No, while normally we would do your toenails at the same time, I think that it will be fine given the boots you are wearing under your gown. I’m so glad to see ankle boots like back in the Victorian times. Too many girls are showing off their uncared for feet with super strappy sandals. I say, you made some wise choices in your wardrobe for today my dear.

"Oh, those do look MUCH better. Not quite dragon claws, but there’s not much doubt that your hands are feminine. Silver is such a good color on you, your dark skin sets it off so well. Those elbow gloves with the tips of your fingers showing are perfect. It almost looks as though your nails are part of the gloves. Simply stunning.

"Now, for your makeup. Come sit in the styling chair and I’ll start to work my magic. We have to match your skin tone, and I wanted to ask you about the color of your dress. Yes, I realize it's monochromatic, but is it ecru? Ivory? Pure white? Silver or what? Old ivory? Hmmm, some yellowish white, yes, I think that this smoky scheme for your facial coloring would be beautiful. Oh, yes, that looks divine. Your tan matches perfectly. You will look absolutely stunning.

"We can't do much in the way of jewelry, but your blue can be the sapphire studs for your ears. Yes, those look nice and do blend in well with your natural skin tone. A nice sapphire for your nose and that looks perfect.

"Okay, we must have the garter now. My dear, did you choose those stockings? How divine, just that hint of silver in them and the shimmer is breathtaking. Yes, I think the bachelors will be awe struck when that time comes.

"Let's take your hair down from the rollers. Nice brushing and some sculpting. I’m going to pull some forward to frame your face with nice little ringlets, those look too romantic, don’t you think? Close your eyes so you don't get the hairspray in them. Good. Just a couple touch ups... there.

"Oh, that was your Grandmother's? Yes, we must put it on you. Something old after all, let me close the choker behind you dear. There. Oh, that cameo does really go well with the dress. My goodness you are just a vision!

"Are you nervous honey? There, there, I bet he is more nervous than you are. Just some flowers and the comb in your hair, oh, the lace edging on this veil is exquisite. You look so radiant.

"It’s time for you to go! Here's your bouquet. I know you will always remember this moment. Don't cry, you'll spoil all my work. Here’s a lace hanky to hold with your bouquet to dab your eyes with. No, it's just the hairspray getting in my eyes.

"All anyone will ever see is a beautiful woman on her wedding day. This is historic, the first same sex couple to be legally married in the state of Georgia, and I want you to hold your head up beautiful lady."

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Title Fits

Georgia is very conservative.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Exactly. I used to live

Exactly. I used to live there, not just in Georgia, but Cobb County.

For those of you who don't know, Cobb County Georgia is a county just north west of Atlanta. They have one thing of note, Newt Gingrich. He was the Representative from there when the whole flack about having Gays in the Military came out (with Don't Ask, Don't tell) and the Wiccans in the Army at the same time. He was elected Speaker of the House while serving his term and I was embarrassed to be from his district. When he opposed Gays in the Military, very publicly, his daughter came out as a Lesbian.

I thought it was poetic justice.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy
http://joyphillip.davensjournal.com/

And speaking of Georgia

I live in GA, work in downtown Atlanta and commute from a rural area of northwest GA. Yes, it's very conservative as a general rule. That being said, I've been treated with kindness and respect by the vast majority. The few others just don't want to have anything to do with me, or rather us, since I transitioned several years ago. It's "us" because I was most fortunate to marry a wonderful woman many years ago. We were married in GA. In spite of the trials and tribulations associated with my gender issues and subsequent transition, we decided that we were better off together than apart. There is just too much love and caring for us to abandon each other.

So, even though we live in conservative GA, we have a legal same-sex marriage. A very few people are 'bugged' by that but because the marriage was valid and never terminated, aka divorce or annulled, the marriage is legally intact.

I can count on my 2 hands the number of people who no longer associate with us because of my transition and 3 of those are my siblings.

Brenda

Didn't Know Where This Was Going

joannebarbarella's picture

Well done Joy. You kept me guessing until that final sentence,
Joanne

Not necessarily a TG story ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

There was no mention of the sex of the individual, and she could have been one of two females ... but where would be the fun in that? :-) Though if it was two men, and openly "historic", as in making a statement, I wouldn't think they'd want one partner dressed as a bride

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!