Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 745.

Printer-friendly version
Wuthering Dormice
(aka Bike)
Part 745
by Angharad
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

Stella closed my bedroom door, laughing as she went. I lay there frustrated and angry. Didn’t I have some say in when I got married and to whom? Okay, so the second part of the question was answered, it would be Simon – but the when – wasn’t that something we’d agree upon and do, not just rush into it? I mean, it’s not like I’m pregnant! I snorted at that – wishful thinking aside – what did we have to rush for? Absolutely nothing.

I picked up the crossword again, and although my eyes were scanning the clues, I wasn’t really reading them. My mind was elsewhere–I began to wish my body was, too.

It was nearly midnight when I called Simon. “Have I woken you?”

“No, Babes, I was reading.”

“A nice book I hope?”

“Fat chance – got a meeting tomorrow, reading the reports for it. What about you?”

“I was trying to do the The Observer crossword, but I can’t concentrate.”

“Missing me that much, eh?” he chortled down the phone.

“In some ways. I took the girls to the zoo today.”

“Manage to get a good price for them?”

“The going rate, why?”

“What’s that these days?”

“Two Mars bar wrappers and a bottle of coke.”

“I’d have held out for three wrappers.”

“I couldn’t, they wanted them for feeding the lions.”

“Oh! Oh well, I suppose you did relatively well.”

“I don’t have many relatives these days, Si.”

“Not surprised if you feed ‘em to lions.”

“That’s a new departure, started today.”

“Oh, that’s different.”

“Glad you agree.”

“I always agree with you, Cathy.”

If you know what’s good for you, “I’m glad to hear that, Si.”

“Did I need to spell it out, Babes?”

“Sometimes.”

“Oh, okay, I have – satisfied?”

“Of course.”

“Did you speak to Margaret?”

“No, she was busy.”

“Busy, she only works one day a week.”

“I think it’s more than that, darling.”

“Darling eh? What are you after?”

“Nothing – oh, and by the way, I’m not rushing into organising a wedding.”

“Fine – what do you mean, not rushing?”

“Exactly that. I’m not prepared to rush into a marriage ceremony just to go and meet Obama.”

“You don’t have to.”

“So, no amount of pressure will make me.”

“You don’t have to.”

“I’m going to do it when I’m good and ready.”

“Fine.”

“And not until, so any pressure to do it before Christmas…”

“Fine.”

“…will result in me taking longer to make up my mind.”

“Yeah, okay. I might have to go to China, anyway.”

“I’m not listening, Simon, so you can’t persuade me.”

“I’m not trying to persuade you.”

“I’m not listening.”

“Cathy, will you stop bleating and listen for one second.”

“What?”

“Shut up, woman.”

“Why? You’re not going to persuade me.”

“I’m not trying to.”

“That’s just a ploy to trick me.”

“Cathy, listen, will you?”

“I’m not going to let you persuade me.”

“CATHY, SHUT UP!”

“There’s no need to shout at me.”

“It’s the only way to get through to you some days.”

“What?”

“Shut up and listen, will you?”

“But you…”

“I’m trying to tell you there isn’t likely to be a Washington trip.”

“Oh, how come?”

“It looks like I’ll have to go to China and Vietnam.”

“What happened to Washington?”

“Dad's going instead, I’ve got to go and see some Chinese and Asian clients.”

“That’s not fair, is it?”

“Yes, it could bring in a few million in investments.”

“Can’t you do it over the internet?”

“No, I have to meet them. I’ll probably see some clients in the Middle East on the way back, then I’ll be able to get a few days off and perhaps we can get away for a weekend.”

“Oh that sounds nice, can I tell the girls?”

“I meant for honeymoon.”

“You what?” I felt myself shake.

“Only joking,” he laughed.

“You pig.”

“Oink oink,” he laughed down the phone.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Just as well, if Simon had

Just as well, if Simon had followed Stella's example they would have had Cathy running for the hills! Nice chapter Angharad!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Talk About Being Pig Headed :)

I NEVER thought that Cathy would get so dense! THIS time, it took Simon to deflate her! ut he sure did wind her up, didn't he?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

As cute as this one was, now I'm really worried.

The Far East and The Middle East. Other than the possible monetary investments, which I'm sure the bank desperately needs, I can see real problems coming from this trip.

Thanjks Simon

There was a moment last time that I thought Si was going to "lay down the law" and tell Cathy when and where.

At this point I don't think, I mean how wrong could I be, that Si is going to pressure Cathy at all. I think he might finally have realized that the more he pushes the more she digs in her heels. Gently, Gently Simon!
- - - - -
Bear

TGNear-Avatar_0.png

Bear

Nice to see

Simon and Cathy enjoying each others company....Even if it was over the phone...I was only thinking that it seems to have been an absolute age since they were last together Thankfully Simon has'nt Changed( why would he?)and it was good to see the spark back in the warring twosomes conversations, Hopefully Simon can also find time in his busy schedule to have a quick meeting with Cathy and his daughters....Leave it much longer and the girls will wonder who this strange man is, And Cathy will start to think her bed is a lonely place to be....By herself!!!

Kirri

I Wonder What Will Happen?

jengrl's picture

I wonder what will happen if some "Pencil Pusher" high up in the government decides that foster parents have to be married to keep the kids? Will she finally decide to tie the knot if it means keeping her family together? I am not saying it will happen, but what would she do? Some self righteous idiots on this side of the Pond have passed laws to prevent single parents from adopting or fostering kids. We know that the real intent behind the law is to keep Gay and Lesbian people from adopting children.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Mutually convenient

Although it's probably a slight pain remaining separated from Simon for all this time, the bank do seem to be keeping him very busy at the moment rushing around, chasing deals (presumably at least partially to offset whatever subprime lending High Street Bank did), and he probably wouldn't want to get married one day then rush around chasing another deal the next.

It's probably in his best interests to wait for things to settle down a little at the bank, so he can afford to have a decent honeymoon and soon quality time off with Cathy and the children before returning (as well as before the marriage - it wouldn't seem right if they've hardly seen each other for months if he suddenly breezes in, ties the knot, then breezes off again!). I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for superheroine antics, healing antics and hopefully (if Mima can be enrolled in a pre-school for a few mornings / afternoons per week) some superbiologist antics (not forgetting superwildlifepresenter antics!) beforehand. Needless to say, it'll also give Cathy a chance to get into a consistent routine (I won't say settle down, as that seems impossible in her life, as there's always another adventure around the corner!)

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

A tad difficult to...

Get a word in edgewise, was it...

I've seen that happen, when folks just HAD to get something off their chests. Funny how so many times, it turns out to be something not so important (not always, mind you).

Enjoyed the silliness with selling the kids. Around here, sometimes, there's another silliness - when you see a cute tyke at the market... "What isle are they selling them?" "Oh, over in isle 12, but they may be running short."

Thanks,
Annette

Actually, it's only dangerous

Actually, it's only dangerous to those who either live or work there (Abraham Lincoln, Jack Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, Josh Lyman, etc.)!

Jenny

Jenny

You forgot

Angharad's picture

Monica.

Angharad >^^<

Angharad

Ouch!

Geez Angharad!

how could you!

I nearly peed into my bed when I read that.

Saphira...
--
>> There is not one truth only out there. <<

--
>> There is not one single truth out there. <<

But

It wasn't really sex, just ask them.

I get very POed at American politics sometimes.

Major trade partner, China

How do you spot the head intern in the White House ? She's the one with the dirty knees. Ouch !

Cefin

Cefin