He Throws Like A Girl

Printer-friendly version
meredith_edited-2.jpg
He Throws Like A Girl
By: Willy Mays Hayes

“The time has come” a slender slightly graying woman stated “Every walk of life is in baseball, there are the Blacks, the Jews, even the Hispanics are in baseball, and yet women are still not allowed in the game, this has to change!”

 
Authors Note: This is the truth as I, Nuke LaLoosh was told by Willy Mays Hayes himself. It came in a dream, it was a dark and rainy night when I heard it. “Nuke… Nuke… NUKE!” the voice called. It was the sound of Willy Mays Hayes calling me. And he spoke, saying “Take down these words which I speak before you today, take them to the Israelite people, show them the way to the promised land.”… (Opps, wrong book, sorry!) I looked out my bedroom window and saw a house burning down, it was a sign from above. (Or maybe from the delinquent teens who live down the block.) Anyhow he spoke: “Let you write down my words for forty days and forty nights and when all is done, show only half of what I have told you on BigCloset and let the other half waste away on your hard drive, never to be posted, angering thousands of readers, ha ha ha!”* And for the next thirty nine days I lounged around and did nothing except eat and watch the “Jerry Springer Show” On the fortieth day I wrote this and Hayes saw that it was good and he spoke from on high (Or maybe he was just high, I don’t remember.) saying “Let this see light.” he gave a long pause “but only after the editors have torn it to bloody pieces!” With out further adieu I give you the first part of “He Throws Like A Girl”.
 
 
*His next sentence was: “Who am I kidding I might have pissed off all three of my readers but piss on them, who needs readers, don’t quote me on that damn it!”

Nuke “Meat” LaLoosh, Author and Prophet of TG Fiction

 
 
“The time has come” a slender slightly graying woman stated “Every walk of life is in baseball, there are the Blacks, the Jews, even the Hispanics are in baseball, and yet women are still not allowed in the game, this has to change!”

The woman continued to speak in front of the group of gathered women her grey form fitting business suit accentuating her slightly flabby figure.

“We have the necessary items and a sound plan, now all that remains is for us to vote on this proposition and then implement it, we cannot fail and neither will we!

The voting was a pro forma matter, the results having already been determined before hand. All of the twenty or so women gathered around the had extensive experience in the areas of minor league baseball, some had been executives, others assistant GM’s to lesser qualified men and one owned her own team. All hands raised simultaneously when the votes for the plan were called, sealing the fate of one minor league player forever.
 
 
The first day of a new season is always the best. Everyone is ready to play, no one is hurt, the fields are all freshly prepared and everyone is excited to play. For some it might be the end of a lifetime of minor league servitude, for others possibly the beginning of a special career. But for whom ever it might be, everyone all ways starts their career in the low minors, and such is the way it was for a young right handed pitcher named Daniel Schmidt. Danny had been drafted that year in the 15th round out of junior college, low enough in the draft to not get a significantly large signing bonus, but high enough that the organization cared about him and his development.

The season got under way with the Low A ball team, the Brooklyn Pigs dropping the first twenty out of their first thirty two games. But worst of all was Danny, he had been hit hard in his first few starts and then was injured throwing a pitch when he felt a twinge in his right elbow. The doctor had diagnosed it as a tear in his ulnar nerve and recommended a few weeks rest and then some rehab work before examining the elbow again to determine if surgery was necessary.

“Three more Danny!” a smallish woman in her late thirties shouted, she was approximately five foot three inches tall and weighed a very cut one hundred and fifteen pounds. She had been working for the Iron Pigs for just over twelve years as the trainer having been passed over for several other higher paying jobs in favor of other men. “Come on, you can do it!” she encouraged.

Danny was continuing to feel elbow pain even weeks after the initial injury and was headed to Tommy John surgery if its condition didn’t rapidly improve. Danny knew that his career was in danger of being over before it even started. At five foot five and only one hundred and twenty five pounds, he was far from the prototypical pitcher’s build. His small stature limited his draft status even though he threw by far the hardest of any one selected in that year’s draft.

“Can you help me Kelly?” he asked the trainer.

“With what, for what?” she responded, already knowing what he meant, she had been around a while.

“I need a little boost, that’s all, can you get some?” he asked, practically begging.

In minor league baseball, getting steroids is sometimes as easy as getting in the car and driving to a certain pharmacy, in fact it was a widely know secret that players in the Arizona Fall League routinely drove across the Mexico-US boarder to purchase cheap, legal steroids. While it wasn’t as easy as that in the Carolina League, they were still widely available if you knew the people to ask. And if you were going to ask, who better than the trainer who has all the connections?

At the end of their next rehab session, Kelly asked Danny to follow her into the team’s shower area. Because it was only about twelve thirty in the afternoon, the clubhouse was deserted except for the two. Kelly asked Daniel to pull down his workout shorts to his knees as she began to fill several syringes with different chemicals.

“All right Danny, this first one is some HGH to assist with the healing of your elbow, hold on, this might sting a little.”

She inserted the wide gauged needle into his glute and depressed the plunger. “This next one is Winstrol, it helps to develop fast twitch muscles used to throw a baseball hard.” she stated matter a factly as she plunged the needle into a fold of fat near his navel.

“This last one is a masking agent used to prevent you from testing positive for the others you just received.”

She injected the entire bottle even though she knew that the instructions only stated for a very small amount to be used. She neglected to mention that she had just injected him with a massive dose of female hormones, hundreds of times more concentrated than those flowing through the veins of pregnant women.

“Well at least he will have he the excuse of having a “hormone imbalance”” she thought to herself as she watched Danny pull his shorts back up and made for the exit to the parking lot.

Kelly immediately wrapped up the vials and placed them back into her office’s mini fridge. She carefully placed the dirty needles into an empty coke can and slightly crushed it before walking it to the dumpster and making damn sure it was at the bottom of the pile. Her next stop was for a quick bite to eat in her office before placing a call to her mysterious boss.

“Hello?”

“This is K, the subject accepted everything I gave him, no questions asked.”

“Good, continue as planned!” with a sharp click, the phone went dead.

While there was no reason to suspect that anyone was listening in on their conversation, there was no need to take any chances. The call lasted all of five seconds and nothing of any illegal actions were discussed.

On Kelly’s end she relaxed and thought nothing of it. While the request was illegal and bizarre, Kelly didn’t care so long as the extra money on her checks continued to flow in.
 
 
On the other end, Carol King had other things to do. She immediately tossed the cell phone she had been using out of the window. The phone itself was a cloned phone, one of many purchased on the black market and was easily replaceable for a person with the financial power Carol controlled. On the outside she played the unassuming owner of the minor league franchise, the Brooklyn Pigs, but on the inside she seethed.

It was that drive that lead her to found the Council For The Advancement of Women in Baseball. And it was the other members of that group to whom she placed her next call on her personal cell phone.

“Ladies, its started!” she said, her voice being heard on speakerphone to the other gathered women in the same crowded conference room where the idea was hatched.

“The subject’s name is uh, let me see here…” Carol checked her notes, “Daniel Schmidt, he was drafted earlier this year, he is currently rehabbing an injury, umm, oh yeah, and he throws in the mid nineties!”

“Very nice!” responded one member, “But do you really expect the owners in the Major Leagues to accept a woman on to one of their rosters, much less a man who changed into a woman?”

“First, when we are finished “helping” his fastball if you know what I mean,” no one needed to be told what that meant, “Then they won’t have a choice because who would turn down the next Nolan Ryan? And besides if it comes to that we could always sue them!”

“Should we continue?” one lady asked, “Can we win?”

“Of course we continue, we have no choice now, what can we say, we castrated a teenager and then did nothing? We have a once in a life time chance and we need to act now!” Carol paused to gather her thoughts before continuing.

“If there are no objections, then I think this meeting is concluded!”

Carol killed the power to her phone, the short but intense meeting having tired her. She rested in the back of her massive SUV as her driver and she made their way to the park for another night of Iron Pigs baseball!
 
 
And so it went for the next three weeks. Danny would go to the park early for rehab, Kelly would give him his little “helper” and then he would relax. Daniel’s elbow had completely stopped hurting and was almost ready to make his return to the team. The doctor who had examined him earlier for his elbow was amazed by the complete , miraculous recovery of the elbow. He had been positive that he Daniel would need Tommy John surgery.

That night Daniel was scheduled to make his first start since the injury. Daniel sat in his locker, beginning to dress for the game. The team they were playing that night, the Gwinnett Guppies, had been the team he had hurt his arm against.

“I hope I’m ready for this.”

He began to pull on his socks and pants, pausing only to notice that his pants seemed a little tighter in the seat. This was some what curious considering he had been working out harder than he ever had before but he easily dismissed the thought for other more important things, like winning.
 
 
The game began in a pedestrian way, with both sides held scoreless into the sixth inning. However, Danny had yet to allow more than two hits and only one ball out of the infield. He needed only one more out to get out of the inning and head to the showers.

“Well Mort, whadda ya think o’ Mista’ Shmid’ tonight?” stated Willy Spleen, the long time radio announcer for the Pigs.

“Who’s that?”

“I couldn’t have said it any better myself, that broadcasting school last winter sure helped Mort; here’s the first pitch from Schmidt.”

“Cut on and missed, strike two, and that pitch was jusssst a bit outside! Danny really has them guessing tonight!”

“Right!” Mort responded.

“Thanks for that brilliant observation Mort, you sure do tell it well!”

“Here’s the oh and two pitch, and he popped him up boy, he really hit the shit outta that didn’t he Mort, you know what they say, nothing sucks like a Hoover!”

“I don‘t get it but I do know he didn‘t hit it very far.”

“Absolute brilliance folks, Mort has a future in radio I’m telling you which is good for him cause he sure as hell don’t have the face for TV!”
 
 
There were congratulations all around in the locker room after the game. Danny had pitched a dominating six complete innings allowing only two hits while fanning eleven and walking none.

“Great job Danny, you looked great!” the manager yelled as he walked by on the way to the shower.

“Thanks skip, it felt great!”

“Good job kid, you looked good out their tonight!”

Danny turned around to see the general manager of the New York Dodgers standing next to his locker.

“We were afraid we were gonna’ lose you after that elbow thing but you recovered nicely. If you keep throwing like you did tonight it won’t be long before you reach The Show!”

“Well thanks Mr. Davison, I’m just trying to help the team, I’m just happy to be here and the good lord willing I’ll succeed!”


 
To Be Continued…
 
 
Author's Note: If there is interest in this story I will continue to write it, however I cannot vouch for how long it will take me to write it only that I will complete it this time.

Nuke LaLoosh

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Comments

If you would be interested in a continuation please leave a comment. If I get double didget comments supporting a continuation then I will write one. It's all good if your not interested, but please tell me why if you would.
Thanks,

Nuke

alt="Katiebigcloset.jpg" />Katie Ariel
K7.jpg

Where have all the flowers gone?

Pete Seeger

He Throws Like A Girl

I just can not tell you, yet. You need to post more of the story. So far so good

Throws?

littlerocksilver's picture

As a one-time big fan of MLB, I wouuld love to see where you will take this.

Portia

Portia

Nuke, I Say

Continue, Except for the beginning, the story makes sense, but then if it was a dream, that's OK, dreams seldom make sense.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well, it is still baseball

Well, it is still baseball season, so I for one would to see how Danny progresses in the manner the women want him to. Janice Lynn

I found the first paragraph amusing

but the rest left me completely puzzled.

Never having been interested in any sport, I know very little. I am aware that afficionados of baseball can get very worked up about it; I suppose the same applies to those who support any sport - like football over here in UK.

Please don't take offence, but I don't understand this at all and am therefore not a right person to help you decide whether or not to continue it.

Thank you, though, for taking the time and effort to post it; I'm sure that there are those who will appreciate your efforts.

Susie

More Please

Please continue Nuke. Your Author's note had me worried, but the beginning of the story is well written and has an clever hook to it.

pat

He throws like a girl

PLEASE continue! I like a good sports story with a twist. Am looking forward to see just what twist you have in mind.

Safe at second

RAMI

I gave it a vote, but in baseball terms I guess its a double. You almost struck out with the introduction, but since you broke your bat, the umpire allowed you to get another one and first pitch, a nice grounder up the middle. Made it to second. You will need some more chapters to make it home. So count me in for more.

RAMI

P.S. With my comment it is 8 for and one that must be from a Brit, who was confused. Calling football soccer can do that to you :-).

RAMI

HTLAG

I understood it all.

Please continue.

World Football should be called football. American, Canadian, Australian rules, whatever should be called something else.

Hugs,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Please continue

Yes! Please continue. I like baseball and this sounds like a neat twist. It would really be nice if a TG female would make it in a major sport.
Hilltopper

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpgHilltopper

I liked it, though it was short

nevertheless it was a nice effort.

If you'd care to graciously grant us another chapter or two, I guess I'd surely read them as for I'm a little intrigued. However it was short, a little dubious, and with a hint of female abuse.

If you need comments, double figures even, to decide for you to write more or not, I think maybe you shouldn't write at all. There, I've said it. Maybe the lot of readers here are cross with me now, but I do not particularly like it when I'm being blackmailed into commenting or showing support for such as this.

You write well, have a peculiar sense of humour as shown at the start, and shouldn't need this forced encouragement. Write for the fun of it, enjoy yourself, and don't care about us. Me particularly :)

Jo-Anne

More please, may I have some more?

I enjoyed what you have started, and please do continue it. You are doing it quite well.
Avid Reader

By all means please

continue this. This is a good story of forced feminization but in a cute way. I am interested in how Danny is going to accept his changes once he realizes what they really are. So far so good.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Continuation

Considering i received a lot more feedback than i expected, i will happily continue the story. Owing to the fact that i have several papers and tests coming up in the near future, i ask for your patience. I should have it writen in about a month hopefully. I am hopeful that the prediction is very conservative but for now studies come before entertainment.
Much Thanks,
Nuke

P.S. Thank you to everyone who left a comment. Not only is it a polite thing to do but it helps the author improve not only the story but also their craft. Thanks!

alt="Katiebigcloset.jpg" />Katie Ariel
K7.jpg

Where have all the flowers gone?

Pete Seeger

Change

Andrea Lena's picture

You don't suppose this is what what actually going on with Manny Ramirez earlier this year?
Just imagine, twelve or so years from now, when she's standing at home plate, her hat in hand, revealing her long blonde hair, saying, "I consider myself the luckiest girl on the face of the earth," as her words echo through the stadium to the cheers of thousands. Can't wait...no, don't have much of a choice, will wait for more with anticipation. Good luck with the papers and tests, by the way. Thanks for a novel story. Oh, just a thought; if she doesn't take care, will she end up getting Thomasina Joanne surgery?

Andrea_blog_photo.jpg
"She was born for all the wrong reasons but she grew up for all the right ones." Bacci e tanto affeto, Dio ti Benedicta! 'drea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

that's...kinda not how hormones work...

licorice's picture

giving a person that level of dosage of hormones at once would have disastrous results. THe kindeys could shut down, the body would be heavily strained...this whole plan would rapidly backfire and may even kill the boy. :/