A Fine Summer Day

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Contests: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 


A Fine Summer Day



by Andrea Lena DiMaggio



She woke up early, excited about the day. She turned over in bed and was greeted by a warm, welcoming kiss from her love, which made her think twice, but only briefly before rising for the day. She got up, went to her dresser, found everything in order and put on her favorite lingerie. After putting on her hose, she walked to her closet to find her favorite outfit, the charcoal silk full skirted dress, which went oh so well with the charcoal grey pumps. After putting it on she walked to her vanity and sat down and applied her makeup, making her feel so lovely and attractive. Her love came to her with a nice cup of tea and placed it on the vanity, freeing them both for another warm embrace and kiss.

She spent most of the morning shopping for new clothes with her love, guaranteeing an even nicer afternoon of modeling every dress, skirt, and blouse for each other when they returned home. They shared the same size, and both of them looked marvelous in every outfit. The afternoon finished with her sitting at the computer, writing inspiring stories to her sisters around the globe, filling them with encouragement and hope. The evening came after a delightful dinner of salad and wine, with the smallest portion of cheesecake, which they both enjoyed with their coffee. After an evening of music and dance in the living room, they retired for the night, where they wore their favorite nightgowns. They embraced and she kissed her beloved goodnight after hours of exquisite love.

sad_andrea_3.jpg
_________________________________________

She turned over in bed and kissed her beloved, who still adored her, even though her love never really accepted this part of her. She turned over once again and cried herself to sleep; wishing things were different; praying for herself and her countless sisters who were also weeping over their unfulfilled dreams. While she didn’t hate herself, she really never loved herself either. She tried oh so hard to count her blessings and number her benefits and fortunes, realizing that if she focused on her unfulfilled dreams and lost hope she would never fall asleep. She wept softly, trying so hard not to let her love hear her sad lament over what could have been if she had only really been born a girl.

The End

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well written short story

This is a very well written story. Even though it has a sad ending, there's still a sweetness to it, and a sense of hopefulness. I am a bit confused by the title. I don't really see anything about summer or vacation in the story. I guess I may be missing something and someone who is more awake may see what I'm missing, but I thought I'd just mention it anyway. :)

I guess not everybody is happy

as a woman, even if she is M2F. I would have enjoyed a summer like this if I had been in her shoes. Oh! Wait a sec! I was in her shoes, and I enjoyed many summers being me. This is a very sad story that such a beautiful soul is so sad that she wasn't born anatomically female. Sometimes in life we have to make do with what we have and be happy with that, because if we are always sad, then there is no reason to even start the journey that leads us to womanhood. A wonderful story though.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

O Dio Mio, scuse, per piacere!

Andrea Lena's picture

Sorry about the tone - sort of actually fits the bill for a back to school essay; just long enough and not quite satisfying the requirements from the teacher, yes? More like a back to school version of Ground Hog day, except she wakes up every morning to the same lovely dream only to discover it isn't real...every day....every night...boo hoo! Glad I got that out of my system.

sad_andrea_4.jpg
"She was born for all the wrong reasons but she grew up for all the right ones." Bacci e tanto affeto, Dio ti Benedicta! 'drea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Hey sis.........

...I love this one to pieces. The gentliness of your words make the heart ache just a wee bit less painful.

May Our Hearts Be Eased This Season...

Lil' Bratty Kelly

short and semi sweet

kristina l s's picture

Could be that the Summer break is the only time 'she' gets to indulge, with her wifes polite sufferance. A nice and gently sad tale of caring within the conventions. Love is exactly what 'her' wife is showing here I think. Captures the almost lost wistful what ifs rather well to my mind.

Kristina

Maybe it was a summer vacation

when they went shopping.

Anyway, it was an Andrea story so I just had to read it.

Susie

Drea, Bittersweet

Maybe you can take this story and ad it to your Providence collection. I hate to se a girl left wanting.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I Can Relate

joannebarbarella's picture

To the feeling and wistfulness of that last line. I guess most of us can.
A beautiful short treatment of the assignment. You get an "A" from me,
Joanne

Been away...

...just got back. first story . Loved it! Ginger xx

A Fine Summer Day

A bitter sweet story that speaks volumes

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

counting your blessings

I feel her pain, but perhaps she could count her blessings that she does have some tolerance from her love, she not only passes but looks good doing it, and she may still be able to do more in the future. beautifully written, as always.

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

I understand and weep with you...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Random Solo. I'd have gotten there eventually but this was perfectly in sync with my mood today. So sad!

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!