Grottoes-8

Printer-friendly version

Grottoes-8
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html
Sandy went to her computer and checked for any messages. She found three; one from Fran, one from Aly, and one from her British sister Em. Noting that they had come the day before, Sandy decided to send them all a message. Opening up Fran's she was surprised at the content, and decided that she'd respond that night.

======================

Sandy, I am writing to you about the recent visit to your city by a student here. As you know, Em had a conflict with Dan Martin while he was over here. And that he is the cause of her being assaulted by three students from Grottoes. I am glad to report that her nightmares have nearly stopped. She is currently living with her dad in Wales. He does not know about her secret, and she hopes to transition when she graduates.

But the bad news is that the Walters' girls are now ineligible for any future sponsored trips. They have caused Gaby trouble during her trip here, and now that the trip is over, will be disciplined for what they did, Tricking Gaby to take the long way when on the return leg of the ski trip could have caused Gaby, and Maddy to freeze. And Brit continued to plague Gaby with pranks during her stay here.

Because you are friends with Em, I thought that you should know the truth about Gaby, since you will be voting on the punishment on the Walter's girls. Gaby is actually a boy named Drew. He has the unfortunate ability to look like a girl, and the fact that he's the spitting image of his cousin Maddy, doesn't help much. Drew has the tendency to have accidents while riding that necessitates his wearing a skirt.

When they were here, Drew got banged up, and had to wear a skirt. To make things worse, Brit kept on finding ways to turn him into Gaby. Drew is a very kind and gentle soul. Even after he learned about their deception, he forgave them. They kept on saying that he was really a girl, pretending to be a boy. And they never told their parents the truth. Now that Drew is back in Warsop, We are finding that there are those over there that want to make sure that those girls pay for their prank.

I know that your friendship with Em, and your secret will give you insight into the situation. Don't worry, your secret is safe. The only reason that I know is that Jessica Bell told me when you became Em's sponsor. Please, talk with Jessica about this, and do what you believe to be right. All of the students here, think that you are very nice, and enjoyed the slumber party..

Fran.

*****************************************

After reading the letter, Sandy wept as she pondered the new information. She knew how Drew felt, in many ways. Growing up, she had only been able to be herself on Halloween, or at costume parties. When she wasn't dressed as a girl, she was a superhero, so that she could wear tights, or Peter Pan, or Robin Hood. It was only with the advent of her oncoming puberty that she finally told hr parents. Ever since her voice began to break, did she feel the need to be a girl. Thanks to blockers, and hormones, she'd developed as a girl. Only her groin betrayed her birth defect, and that was due to be sorted when she turned eighteen.

When she first came out to her family, her Dad had gone atomic on her. She was afraid that he would hit her, but he didn't. Instead, he beat on a pillow until he calmed down. Then he told her that no matter what, that he'd never betray her, and never hit her. If she wanted to be a girl, then she could, but she'd have to earn the money herself. Her mother decided to help her by giving her the old dresses left from when she was younger. Sandy might be wearing out of date clothing, but she'd be a girl, all the same. But it was when they saw the doctor that her parents finally accepted her.

They went to the Free Clinic where she was evaluated and certified as a transsexual. Her dad fought it at first, but when he heard that to deny her the choice to transition there was the possibility she'd commit suicide, he reluctantly accepted the facts. What she was not thinking about was what her family would suffer when she became a girl. For her Senior year in Central Junior High School, she still dressed as a boy while she took hormones and blockers so that she would go through a girl's puberty. She was lucky, in that the shots and pills convinced her body to produce her very own hormones. And that year, she had her gonads removed to prevent cancer.

After graduation, her father was able to transfer to Grottoes, and her mother got a job as a counselor at Augusta High School, thus easing Sandy's placement within the system. Her mother was able to transfer Sandy's records and change her gender on the records so that Sandy's secret remained hidden. Only Jessica Bell, and the Principal knew the truth, and kept the secret because of the psychiatric evaluation.

When they moved, it was because of her, she had developed too much to keep her breasts hidden. And John was afraid of what the family would do if they found out. Luckily, the family ostracized them for leaving. John had agreed to work in the area, and help family members. By accepting the transfer, he had broken the verbal agreement. But John was not worried, the family and he did not agree on many topics, so the move was for him, as much as it was for her.

Even though, she got a job at the diner, and was a teacher's helper, her dad treated her like trash. In treating her this way, he was showing his fear for her. It took both the influence of Em, and the group that he had been forced to attend in order to keep his job that broke through his defenses. He had become what he hated to protect her, and as such, developed a hatred of any girls like his daughter. When a customer proved to be like his daughter, it was too much for him. He lashed out at the customer, verbally, and she reported his abuse to his bosses.

In order for him to keep his job, he had to attend a group where he unlearned his hatred, and found the old John Jones. He was appalled at what his fear had made him do to his family. Now, he would not only be the father that Sandy needed, but also a firm supporter of all girls like Sandy. When he found out that Em was like Sandy, he actually laughed about it. He saw the humor in the fact that it took a girl just starting her transition to help him see Sandy as his daughter, and Princess. She had already worked her magic on Mary, and Kevin; Sandy's mother and brother, respectively.

Tonight, her daddy had finally accepted her. He'd taken the family out to dinner, and had even teased her about her pantyhose when she'd trounced the punks that had accosted them. They'd also met a pair of Police Officers who had seen and accepted Sandy as a girl. Meeting with that trans girl helped Sandy to appreciate her own family more. Kevin's innocent acceptance of her had bolstered her Spirit. Her mother's finally see her as her daughter, not her son in a dress had started a healing of her troubled Heart that was completed when her father did too.

But Drew was different from both her, and Em. Whereas, they wanted to be girls, Drew was a boy whose body's feminine shape made his being mistaken as a girl, a dream for them. The fact that Drew simply wanted to be Drew was not lost on Sandy. She wanted to be herself. If that poor boy had of confided in her, she would have helped him, and been an older sister for him, too. Well, Sandy knew what she'd have to do. Since she was the Teacher's Aide Representative on Augusta High School's Student Review Committee, she, along with her mother, Mary, had the responsibility to punish any student that crossed the line.

***********************************************

After her introspection, Sandy knew what she must do, both for herself, and for Drew. There was an unofficial Sisterhood of Transwomen, and as a Sister, it was up to her to set things right. Her British/Welsh Sister, Em had given Sandy her Family back, simply by being a girl. Now, Sandy had the chance to return the favor by making sure that Brittney, and Debbie, both paid for what they did to Drew.

Fran,

I am disgusted at what Brittney and Debbie did to Drew. They are much worse than bigots! Bigots, at least let you know they are bigots, but the girls inflicted humiliation after humiliation on him, all in the name of fun. While it may have been 'fun' for them, it was torture for Drew! I know from personal experience about their pranks. They are extremely lucky that Mother did not suspend them for their activities, but now, they will pay the price

What they did as a 'joke' could have hurt Drew at any time. If he had been outed during any of their pranks, Drew could have been hurt, physically, and mentally. Add the fact that his being a sports star in cycling, and his mother the World Woman's Cycling Champion makes their cruelty even more vile. They never considered what their pranks could have cost Drew, his family, and friends.

All that it would have taken was for Dan Martin who knows Drew to see through the facade. With his animosity against Em/Rhod, he could easily have outed both Drew, and Em. And if the press had learned about Drew, his family, friends, and his school, all would have suffered from the sensationalism caused by the tabloids. It is a nightmare that all girls like me have to fear, until we at least look like a traditional female. Even then, there is the worry over being outed by those that know the truth.

I will most assuredly be there, along with Mother.

Sandy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sandy opened up the letter from Aly next. When she read it, she laughed over what Aly wrote. The laughter was her way of releasing the tension from the anger she got from the last letter. Sandy was not an angry person by nature, like her mother. But like her daddy, she had a mean streak when angered. In Brittney's and Debbie's case, it would be assuaged when they paid the price for what they did to Drew, but NOT what they did to her. When she reminded her mother of THAT prank, she was sure that she'd let Sandy even the score.

Sandy,

Greeting from the Gang in Warsop. We got home safely, even though poor Bernice did get shot while we were heading home. We'd stopped at a shopping mall on the way to the airport, and split up. There was a store where a former employee was taken into custody, but not before he got off a shot. The bullet did very little damage to Bern's upper arm, missing bone, and arteries. She was lucky, it could have been worse. As it is, she and Maddy are a bit shy about going to the mall. Maddy was with her.

When we got back, Drew met a new girl, Helen Joyce. She is from Holland. She and her mum, Maggie moved here when Helen's dad died. Now, they're looking for a place to stay. Well, anyway, Drew saw her on her clunker bike and invited her to his birthday party. Well, Maddy was quite jealous about it, and even though she joined the Gang, they constantly argued for a bit. Maddy had a right to be jealous of Helen, she invited Drew to a Girl Guides party, and he was the only guy there.

That all changed when the Bonds moved to Germany. Jenny Bond, Drew's Mum renewed her contract with the Apollanaris Cycling Team after her family agreed to move, all but Julie, that is. She finally settled down about it, after saying her bit, and finding a boyfriend in Germany. As for Drew, he is competing with the junior team. And when the Bonds moved, they rented their place to Helen and her mum.

Now, however, Maddy and Helen have 'bonded'. After Drew left, Maddy went a bit bonkers until she got with Helen. Now, they are like Siamese twins. Helen has become a cheerleader, and cycles with Maddy. It's as if she replaced Drew, or should I say Gaby with Helen. No, they don't snog, it's as if they're cousins, or mates. Best of all, not only has Maddy settled down, but Helen has blossomed into quite a young lady, too.

She was pretty shy before, but Drew and Maddy brought her out of her shell. Oh, she's still a timid mouse around strangers, but with us, she is quite lively. And when she cheers, or bikes, she has that same drive that Drew has. She even went to a cosplay convention with Maddy. Helen and her mum joined the Peters in wearing Classic Trek costumes. Both Maddy and Helen looked cute in their costumes, too.

They also did a local race where Maddy took first place. She and Helen teamed up with Josh and Kristen, a couple of local cyclist that Drew has raced with. Josh respects Drew for his cycling accomplishments and the fact that he has yet to beat Drew in a race. Josh is a real sportsman, taking after his father. Kristen is an up and coming girl's champ. She hopes to emulate Jenny Bond and when she met Drew, there was a bit of hero worship, and she likes him too.

Off in Germany, Drew was in a race where he met up with some 'local' wildlife. While he was riding, a herd of wild boars attacked the cyclists. Only one was hurt by the encounter, but several bikes were wrecked. I guess that you could say that he had a very 'boaring' race, that time.

Aly

--------------------------------------

Aly,

A 'boaring' race? Is that a bit of British humor that I'm reading? It sounds as if Drew is a very special guy to his friends. I know that Erin and Diana both think the world of him, and are grateful for his help in the race in Atlanta. Yes, I know about Drew being Gaby. I recently learned about his secret because of what Brittney and Debbie did to him. The Augusta High School Faculty and Board of Education are going to discipline them for their mistreatment of Drew. I have no doubt that you will get a detailed report on their punishment from Jessica.

I am glad that Maddy has befriended Helen. She needs her to help keep a balance in her life. For years, Drew was her balance, but with him in Germany, she became lost without her balance. I am sure that now that Helen is there for her, that Maddy will be her old self.

Sandy

--------------------------------------------------

When she read the letter from her sister, Em, she cried as she remembered all that they'd done. Because of Em, Sandy was finally blossoming into a young lady. Before she came, Sandy was afraid to really do anything but go to school and work. Now, she was ready to live her life to its fullest. Thanks to Em's encounter with Ellen, she now had a gaffe that was next to impossible to tell from the real thing. Before the gaffe, Sandy wore tight panties to keep her wilted willie in check. Now with the gaffe, it was kept safely tucked away, and she could even have sex with a guy. Not that she really wanted that option, but it was nice to have.

Sandy had often wondered what being a cheerleader would be like, but until now, she hadn't the courage to even try. She liked the idea of guys drooling over her, but if they ever discovered her secret, she and her family would be hurt, and she did not want to risk her family over some silly dream. But, now with her new gaffe, she could do what Em did and not worry about being discovered. Em had been sexually assaulted by three boys who thought she was a real girl, the fact that her gaffe was simulating a menstrual cycle helped, too.

Now that she was back home, Em was continuing her transition. Sandy wanted to be there when she had the operation, just as she wanted Em there for her's. It would be a special bonding between them that nobody else could fathom. How could they? Being a trans-girl was a unique thing that very few had the courage to attempt. Sandy was fortunate in finding a little Sister in Em. While not overtly religious, Sandy couldn't help but thank that God had arranged for them to meet.

Sandy,

I am back home with my Mummy, and will soon be living with my dad and his wife Cherie. If it wasn't for Daddy, I'd never have found out that I want to be Em. When Daddy found out that Mummy was pregnant with me, he left her, and went back to his family in Wales. Mummy was able with help from her friends to open up a hair salon in Warsop. She worked for a retired lady, and when she died, deeded the shop and property over to Mummy.

We now live in the loft above the salon, and thanks to frugal spending, Mummy was able to keep us going. We had to make do with a lot of Royal Army surplus, but Mummy's friends helped us out by having a rummage sale of the older equipment stored in the loft and basement which gave us money to purchase my school uniforms and other essentials. Luckily, Mummy loves dressing in 'hippie' style clothing which were stored down in the basement, and in her size.

If you ever watch movies or shows from the 'hippie' era, you will know what I mean. Most of her jeans are bell bottoms and her tops are very colorful with all sorts of emblems on them. She does wear skirts and dresses, too. Her dresses are either floor length sun dresses, and skirts, or mini dresses or skirts you see on Brady Bunch, or Partridge Family. She usually wears her jeans to work in as those long dresses tend to get stepped on as she works, and she doesn't want to show off her knickers when she works either. For a 'Mod' woman, Mummy is quite modest.

As I grew up, my friends started using her to do their hair. As you know from the trip, most, if not all of my friends are girls. Mummy is up on the latest styles and trends when it comes to hair and nails, as well as make up. In fact, she can give you a makeover and make you look totally new. She did that for Gaby last year, and made her prettier than she was. In fact, she now has a boy friend she doesn't want.

Gaby is a shy girl who, like her cousin Drew, comes alive on the bike. She spent a week here as a model for a new school brochure. It was then that Clive fell for her, and believe me, it is a very one-sided love. She never has encouraged him in his love for her, yet he continues to swoon over her. In fact, she even told him off at a dance. He came on strong and she slapped him a good one. So, you can see why she acted as she did at the school dance over there.

Gaby, as you know, is a cyclist. She shares Drew's love of the sport that his mother Jenny Bond began. Whenever she visits Church Warsop, it's like we have triplets here. As you know, Gaby and Maddy look like twins, with Drew, it's like triplets, they look like each other, except that Drew is a boy and loves Maddy something fierce. The only reason that Drew did not go is that he had commitments in several races he had to fulfill, and wanted to stay home with his mum.

Jenny Bond contracted cancer and was due for treatment at the same time as the trip, but since Drew had his commitments, they asked for Gaby to go. She is really his twin sister, but lives with cousins who lost their daughter. That is why she is called cousin as well as sister. That is why Drew and I are Best Mates, he puts his mum ahead of a trip. Drew knows about me wanting to be a girl, too. He may not have liked the idea, but he has accepted me as Em.

Mfwany

****************

Em,

I know all about Drew and Gaby, now. I learned about them from Mother. As you know, she is a counselor at Augusta High School, and she knew all about Drew-Gaby from Janet Bell. Drew's forced role playing by Brittney and Debbie and their constant pranking has earned them a reprimand from the school. The idea of tricking a boy into dressing as a girl just because their parents did not know has gotten many over here ready to do something about it.

Yes, there is a very large segment of the student body that is biased against the transgendered, and both you and Drew could have been hurt because of it. Dan's forcing himself upon Gaby-Drew and your being accosted are both incidents that could have gone badly for either one of you. Dan could have discovered that Drew was wearing breast forms or even a gaffe if he had pressed his luck. And if not for your new equipment, you would have been discovered.

But luckily, none of that happened, and I have great news, my British sister, Daddy has accepted me, now? Last night, he began to treat me as his daughter, and even joked with me about the pantyhose that I had ruined. We had gone to dinner and were heading back to the car when a bunch of thieves attacked us. I was able to use my martial arts training that my boss had us take and trounce them. He got me new hose, and we met some policemen that look like Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.

They took us to a cafe run by Danny's transgendered daughter who married Mel. They did it to help me. When I confessed to Daddy about you, both he and Momma accepted the real you. I was scared that he would revert back to who he was, but I found out that Daddy was returning to the man that he was before. His family are all anti-LGBT. Only Daddy is free of that poison, because of his friendship with a cousin who died because of the hatred.

Maxie was a boy who was punished using the Petticoat Discipline instead of jail. But when the punishment was over, she kept on wearing dresses. She told Daddy who supported her. She went to Church wearing a dress for Graduation and the pastor attacked her, ripping off her dress, Daddy stood up for his cousin who wanted to be a girl. He took her home and let her sleep, but she cut her wrists and died that day.

Now, Daddy fears for me, he fears that I will be outed at work or school and be hurt. So far, his family has not followed us to Grottoes. But now, with my new appliances, I can pass as a real girl. My breasts are my own, and as for my willie, it is only good for peeing. Even before the gaffe, I was sitting down to pee. With my breasts and shrunken equipment, I simply can not aim worth a damn!

Frank, my boss, made sure that I and the other employees learned how to defend ourselves, and paid for the lessons out of his pocket. I had been working for a week when he came in and told us about his decision. When he did, he was looking at me. He evidently knows, and accepts me. I know that his son fancies me. Maybe that's why Frank accepted me. I hope that he sees a girl, not a boy, though.

Sandy

///////////////

Sandy turned off her computer and got ready for bed, she wore a negligee with the hose that her daddy had gotten for her because she did not want to end that special night. Truth to tell, she did like to wear hose. She liked the way that hose made her legs look and feel. Back when she was still a boy, she would wear her mom's hose under her thermals for warmth. She got away with it because the construction workers and athletes did it too. She often saw football players wearing tights in uniform colors over thermals, and construction workers wore them under their winter coveralls.

As a student in Augusta High School, she took to wearing shorts, skorts, and capri's with hose. She had been taking hormones long enough that a padded panty brief sufficed to hide her secret, and she became popular with the boys as her endowments began to increase. That was when her mother gave her the infamous' birds and the bees' talk, being surprised when Sandy already knew the stuff.

It was in West Dale Middle School where she first learned about sex and gender. That was why she began to question her mother about girls. That was when she started to want a vagina to be a real girl. It was only after seeing the counselor that she found out that as a girl, she could never become a mother, only as a boy, could she have a family. That was when she prayed to God for help.

"God, I am Sandy, a boy who wants to be a girl. I recently found out that if I become a girl, I can not be a mother. Daddy wants grandchildren, so does Momma. Do I have to stay a boy to give them grandchildren? Can I not adopt? Will Momma have another baby? I hope so, Lord. AMEN."

It was a week later that Mary Jones shared the good news that she was pregnant. When that happened, Sandy knew that it was alright for her to become a girl, now. Even if it was a girl, she could give their parents grandchildren. Her parents wanted grandchildren and Sandy, being a good and dutiful child, was willing to stay a boy for them, even though, it would break her heart to do so.

When she had told them about herself, Momma was shocked, and Daddy through a tantrum. It was only after seeing a counselor in a nearby town for several sessions that he relented. But he still made her suffer as much as he could. In doing so, he had inadvertently given her the needed strength to live as a girl. Then, when he saw her perseverance, he sought an opportunity to move away from his family.

He was already seeking because of what had happened to his cousin, but Family Obligations had kept him home. It took Sandy's coming out to them to spark off the much needed exodus. John Jones was ready to make a stand about all of the hatred being spewed forth and about what the 'church' was calling abominations. His eyes had been opened when it caused Maxie's suicide.

Truth to tell, he would have soon followed suit if not for his best friend and girlfriend, Mary Scott. She too, had mourned when Maxie died, and in John, she saw a tender Heart that had been sorely hurt by Maxie's death. John had always been tender hearted and found most of the doctrine taught by the church to be too narrow. He believed in a Loving God, not a vindictive one like that taught in his church. How long before that hatred spread to others?

His father, David had told him about how all Orientals and Germans had been herded together into prisons. Only after the war were they released, but their property was turned over to the state. They left town, never to return, and the property was sold to local businessmen. Now, that left only the WASP community, as a White Anglo Saxon Person, his dad was not impressed with the way that the church had profited from the incident.

The church had invested in the purchasing of these businesses along with the local businessmen, using the church's tax exempt status to help get away with expenses. But his father was an accountant working with the city government and saw the discrepancy in the books and launched an investigation. The only reason that he was excluded was that he was an honest employee, never taking bribes. It was his supervisor that kept the books, but when he died of a heart attack, John's father was given the books, much to everybody's protest.

It caused quite a scandal as the evidence was presented to the Authorities and the church lost many members who were sent to prison for their crimes, allowing for the younger generation too take over at an earlier date, including a new pastor who was even more hate filled than the Elder Pastor. The new pastor instituted a strict dress code upon the congregation and students in the church's private school where they taught creationism and debunked evolution.

The dress code was a white dress shirt, with tie and trousers in the school colors of red or blue. The belt and loafers were either black or brown with white socks. The girls' uniform was the same, except that they wore knee length skirts. They could wear colored hose in school colors, but skin tone hose had to be worn with socks. Extra curricular activities such as cheerleading and band gave the girls the opportunity to show off more of their body, but with such strict parents, very few ever ventured into premarital sex because of all of the feedback.

Sandy's revelation had made her father's choice a bit easier. The Church taught about how a father was King of the Castle at home, and he was to protect his family first over any other obligations. By following that advice, John Jones was doing his duty according to Church Dogma, but he couldn't admit that to the Church. When he asked for and accepted a transfer to Grottoes and got a raise, the Church had disowned the family for moving away, never knowing the truth about Sandy.

{}{}{}

Waking up, Sandy went to the lavatory to get ready for the day. She donned a shorts set and slippers and went downstairs to prepare breakfast. No one else was up, so she made flap jacks, with sausage patties. The maple and sorghum syrup and butter was placed in their own crocks to keep warm. As Sandy got out the plates, she was hugged from behind by her Daddy.

"You didn't have to do this, Sandy. Thank you." he sighed.

She blushed, "You're very welcome, Daddy. I just wanted to do something to thank you for becoming my Daddy."

He patted her on the fanny, “I have always been your Daddy, it's now that you became my Princess."

"Your Pancake Princess?" she smirked.

"If they taste as good as they smell, I'll draft you into making them every Sunday," quipped Mary as she passed by.

"Is Sandy making japflacks?"

"That's flapjacks, Kevin," Sandy giggled.

"Like I said, JAPflacks!" Kevin chortled.

"Son, if you get her mad, Sandy might not make you any," John winked at Sandy.

"AWW! I was only joking, Sandy!" he cried.

She picks him up and hugs him, "I know, Little Brother, so does Daddy," she grinned.

"Yeah, Sport! I was joking, too."

"Does that mean that I get my flapjacks?"

"Yes, Kevin, now sit down so we can eat,"

They had a wonderful breakfast, after which Sandy went to her apartment with Kevin to watch cartoons while Mary and John went shopping. They needed to stock up on the staples that had been depleted and Grottoe's Warehouse Foods stocked everything at reduced prices. The cans were often dented, as were the bottles, making them unsalable in retail stores, But at the warehouse, such was not the case. Many of the local charities and restaurants bought their supplies from the warehouse, saving money. Normally, families did not shop here, mainly because of pride, but John, ever the pragmatic, saw it as a way to stay on a budget and provide extras for the family, too.

"Mary."

"Yes, John."

"I want to do something special for Sandy. I've not been a good father to her, have I?"

"John, you have been protecting her as best you can. You finally saw her as your daughter. What do you want to do?"

"I was thinking about getting her a new wardrobe, or redecorating her apartment."

"Well, the appliances are a bit old. Will you add an up to date entertainment center?"

"Yes, and I was thinking about building a new garage, too."

She slaps his knee, "John, you naughty boy! You're doing this for some reason, tell me!" she giggled.

"When Sandy finds herself a boyfriend, I want her to stay with us, and if she does go, maybe Kevin will stay," he sighed.

She saw the longing for family in his eyes, and the terrible price that he paid for his daughter, "John, you know that my family is more moderate. They will accept Sandy as a girl. And just maybe, the old hatred is dead, now."

"Why would it be?"

"Maxie's parents succeeded in their lawsuit against the church and the city. Now, both are under investigation for conspiracy in her death, and in the attacks on others who also left."

"When did you hear this, and who from?"

"Maxie's parents, just before I left work. Henry has been keeping an eye on us for the church. He was our liaison back into the fold."

"I'm surprised that Pastor Sevrin let him do it."

"He hid his true motives very well, so that the Laodicia Baptist Church had no qualms about it when my 'Great Uncle Fred appointed him to the task."

"Do you think that he will ever see the Biblical connection with the church?"

"I doubt it, although with all of the turmoil, it goes very well with what the Bible says that would happen to the church," he laughed.

Thinking back upon her own Bible reading, she smiled, "And Pastor Fred never did any sermons on the Churches of Revelations, and very few on the Book, itself."

"When you think about it, he was afraid that the Congregation would see themselves as like the one in the Book, and endeavor to change."

"Yes, I was lucky in that I did my own study of the Book by reading commentaries by other authors."

He looked at her with wonder, "Is that why you stayed with me, even after I became such a monster?"

She kisses his cheek, "No, my Love, I knew that one day, you would finally become the wonderful man that I married again," she sighed.

He blushes, "I am glad to be back, and don't want to leave."

"Well, here we are, we can get a few items for Sandy while we're here, and stock up on those canned goods. There's plenty of room in the basement."

"Well, since you are a girl, like Sandy, you tend to her needs while I get the other stuff."

"LIKE Sandy?" she quipped.

"Yes, LIKE Sandy, my Princess."

They pulled into the parking lot of the warehouse and John found a slot near the docks, perfect for loading up the trailer that they were using. They loaded the trailer down with institutional sized cans and bags of dried beans, rice, potatoes, and pasta. The canned meats were placed in the trunk under the bread that would be used in making bread pudding and dressings. John had ordered two walk in freezers to be put in the basement and a storage shed for any surplus.

He was also ready to open up the old bomb shelter located under the house. It had been installed during the 'Cold War' scare just after World War 2. Because of the soil under the Manor House, by adding steel support beams under the house and carefully excavating the soil, the house never did suffer any cracks from settling due to uneven distribution of weight. The bunker s accessed by a trap door just off of the basement entrance which was a solid looking timber door over a reinforced steel hatchway the slid aside once opened, and by a similar hatch in the garage apartment.

The bunker had been equipped with a generator and other necessities to help survive a nuclear holocaust, but after so many years, the food had spoiled, and the water stagnated because of time, and faulty installment. When John found out about the bunker, he donated the spoiled canned goods to the museum, as well as the furniture and outmoded appliances. In return, he received the equipment to modernize the bunker. Now, it was used for storage of goods, and a hiding place for any gifts to be given. Sandy kept hers behind the airlock between her apartment and the entrance tunnel under her front entrance hall.

"Well, what have you gotten for Sandy, John?"

"They have appliances and furniture that have marks or dents on them. So I got her a canopy bed set and a matching one for her guest room and a matching living room-dining room set, too."

She hugs him, "You are going to spoil her, you know. She's wanted a canopy bed, for years. Now we will have the fun of making the matching drapes, and canopies. Are there drawers under the beds?"

"Yep, full of bed sheets and canopies," he smirked.

"Well, looks as if you have a lot of explaining to do to Sandy."

"Don't worry, I arranged for the delivery on her next day off, this Saturday with Jack."

After snogging for a moment, they got into the car and drove away, ready to surprise their daughter who was to get an unexpected surprise at work.

[][][]

Sandy and Kevin went down to help with the groceries, having fun putting them down in the bunker and in the basement pantry. Then after kissing her family goodbye, she left for work. Arriving at the diner, she went into the employees lounge and donned her uniform. After assuring herself that her makeup was done, she clocked in and saw Jack getting the grill ready while Daisy Mae Moore, waited on the tables.

"Sandy, you have the register and booths, this shift, I have a party coming in later that requested Daisy."

"Sure thing Jack. No doubt her Alumni from Grottoes High School, she giggled.

"Do you blame me? Our two schools have been rivals ever since they were formed."

"Yeah, Augusta was formed after Grottoes proved to be too small to handle the students. Now it's a classic case of rivalry equal to that of Yale and. Harvard, or Alabama and Auburn."

"That reminds me, you two, is there enough interest in the Iron Bowl to have a party?"

"I'll ask at school, Jack."

"And I'll ask at the party, today."

"Good, because I know that when we throw these parties, everybody wants another one as soon as possible. Daisy, do you think that you can sing at the party?"

"Sorry, but my manager wants for me to curtail my singing until after the release of my album, why not karaoke? I can be the D.J."

J.J. strolled in then, "Dad, I have the supplies, think we can unload the truck while the ladies handle the customers?"

Jack, since there aren't aren't customers, I can help while Daisy handles everything. If any orders come in, she can let us know."

"Is that OK with you, Daisy?"

She hugs Sandy, "Yes, Jack, and thank you Sandy. By letting me handle everything while you help with the supplies, you help me to look good to the Alumni."

"Just be ready to return the favor, Daisy," giggled Sandy.

After they had stacked the supplies and completed the inventory, Jack went to the kitchen to prepare the orders while Sandy and J.J. sat in the Employees Lounge, resting from the back breaking work, and having a light snack for lunch.

"Sandy, how have you been?"

"Pretty good. I now have a British sister," she giggled.

"Oh? From the Cultural Exchange?"

"Yes, and if not for Dan's reaction to her, I'd never have met her."

"Knowing Dan Martin, she is either a lesbian, or a guy wanting to be a girl."

"Yes, I take it that you are not like Dan."

"Far from it."

"Why?"

"Because I love you, Sandy, and I know your secret."



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html


To Be Continued...

up
25 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos