Accidental Magic - Chapter 23: Time to Talk

Printer-friendly version

Synopsis: Lexi wants to know how, Terri wants to know Why, but neither of them really wants to listen to what the other has to say. But in the end, something good will come of all this.
 

Accidental Magic
Chapter Twenty-Three: Time to Talk
 
By Allystra Krane


Terri could see the crude magic circles and drawings inscribed onto the floor in front of her where Lexi had chosen to cast the spell.

Though she could hear the wind whistling through the broken window panes, she couldn't feel it. It was at that point that Terri noticed she couldn't feel her own limbs either. Any attempt to move, even to just turn her head, was somehow rendered futile.

Sitting in the center of the circle was Lexi.

"We need to talk."

"What the hell did you do to me?" Terri sharply snapped. Her own voice startled her as it had taken on a distinct metallic tone accompanied by a distant ringing.

"I didn't want to take your whole body, I just borrowed your mind," was Lexi's reply. "It is harmless, if a little painful at first."

"Let me go!" Terri screamed. "You can't make me do anything!"

"By now they should be circling you and trying to figure out why you passed out," Lexi said. "When I release you, you'll get controlled which should restore the plan."

"DAMN YOU!" Terri screamed again. "I don't want to get raped!"

"I don't plan on letting you get raped," Lexi said. "Nethizar won't likely let it happen either."

"No, not now," Terri cried out in anguish. "When I go back in time and lose my hand."

Lexi looked up and Terri swore she was looking her directly in the eye. "That's what I summoned you here to find out. How do you know about your future? I know you had a nightmare about losing your hand."

Terri waited a few moments before answering, "You and I both know that it wasn't just a nightmare but since you're such a smart ass, why don't you just figure this out yourself."

"But how did you..." Lexi began to ask but was interrupted by Terri.

"I don't know how exactly it happened, but I stopped being a puppet in my last dream and got lots of useful information out of your mother."

"I wondered if that was the case," Lexi said. "No wonder you're scared of me. If you listened to my mother, you're just as much in the dark as to what's actually happening as she is."

"Bullshit!" Terri snapped back. "Do you have ANY idea what you're saying? I'm not stupid or completely brain-dead to know that you're lying to me!"

"I'm not lying to you, I'm lying to my mother."

"Same difference,"

"No, you're wrong. You AREN'T my mother and if you'll listen to me, you won't have to be. I'm trying to help you change your fate."

"YOU BIG FAT FUCKING LIAR!" Terri screamed out, her tinny voice ringing back in her ears.

"Terri please listen," Lexi said, anguish now present in her own voice.

"LET ME GO!" Terri screamed again.

"PLEASE MOMMY, I LOVE YOU!" Lexi cried out, tears forming in her eyes.

Terri was struck by what the little girl had done, the hatred draining out of her. Terri now wanted to cry herself, but her current prison prevented the act.

"Please listen Terri," Lexi choked out. "I didn't want to have to do that, but you wouldn't listen to me. Your mother knew that something inside you knew who I was since Saturday when we bonded in the park. She told me that if I couldn't make you listen, I needed to appeal to that side of you."

"Please let me go," Terri pleaded, this time in whimpering tones.

"You think I'm lying," Lexi said slowly, "but your old friend Jennifer and your mother both think I'm crazy. I really am trying to engineer myself out of existence, all under her nose."

"Why?" was all Terri could ask.

"Because I love You. I can't stand the fact that she started this out almost like you but, the decisions she made were all mistakes, one after another. I hate that she is dead but insists on hanging around so she can constantly remind me of how important I must be."

"Why would Grandma do that to you? I don't understand at all."

"Not, Agatha, My mother."

"Your mother isn't dead."

"On a technical level, she is. She died last year as a matter of fact."

"How is she still going?" Terri asked, temporarily forgetting about her current predicament.

"Mother now uses her plentiful mana to keep her body in a state of suspended decay. She waits for you to complete the cycle and then she'll let go and leave me in the care of your mother."

"And she expects me to go back in time and wait to get raped?"

"She has no idea you know about her past. You can't avoid what you don't know about, right? That's why I'm not supposed to be talking to you as her daughter, and why you shouldn't know about her at all."

"Knowing the future..." Began Terri.

"Changes the future," Lexi finished. "You know more about how it actually happened than I do. As long as you never forget, you'll know where not to be."

"Won't that kill you?" Terri asked.

"I will cease to ever have had existed actually and, though quite painless, now is not the time to be discussing past and present nevertenses."

"What do I need to do?"

"I have thought about that for as long as I've been aware of what you and I are," Lexi said. "And to that end I have meddled with events more than even Agatha, But you don't need to worry about details, you have only to await your rescue."


"It seems to me," Nethizar said as Terri blinked her eyes and realized she was back in her own body, in the chair she had been sitting in, "that now was a most inopportune time for your daughter to grab your mind, wouldn't you say?"

"Especially since I told you a few minutes ago that she hates me."

"There is that too," Nethizar added as he paced about in front of her. "Curiously makes me wonder if you were, in fact, telling me the truth."

"Actually it was a complete lie," Terri replied while trying not to show any fear, "though I wasn't aware of it at the time. I thought it was the truth."

She was trying to act composed while mentally trying to tell her symbiote suit to find a way to take whatever mana it needed by any means it could in order to protect her body even when she could not do it herself.

It tried to warn her, but she was still surprised when it wormed a part of itself up past her labia and into her vagina.

The shock of being penetrated gently as opposed to being stabbed by the suit caused her to momentarily flinch. What exactly did she think the suit would do to her?

Her musings were broken as she realized everyone was staring at her.

"Something wrong?" Nethizar asked calmly. "You had this incredibly strange look for a second. Did you just shit your pants?

"Not exactly," Terri answered with a blush. "Though I do have the urge to yell profanities directly at my own crotch."

"What a terrible time for feminine cramps," Nethizar replied. "I was going to allow you to retain your free will, but with all the new revelations I think I'll return to my original plan and control you directly."

Terri felt the fluid warmth of her suit shifting over her and she smiled.

"I guess the next time we'll speak is in Hell then," she said as she stared him down.

"Take her my boy!" Nethizar exclaimed in disgust as another man stepped out of the shadows and began weaving his spell.

The last thing Terri saw before her consciousness faded was her symbiote stretching over her face.


To be Continued....

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Glad to see another chapter

Glad to see another chapter - seems like things are really coming to a head soon.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Hooray! You're back!

Please, PLEASE don't take so long with the next chapter!

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

Accidental Magic

WOW!Allystra, you have out done yourself, here! You have us wondering what you have in store next for Terri. Now I wonder if Terri has tho power to actually break the cycle and stop the bad magic. And is her Grandma really a nice lady, or setting Terri up.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Finally!

Please please don't make us wait so long for the next one please!!

And I still hope Terri will somehow maneuver herself and the other people into getting a much needed sample of genetic material necessary to procreate Lexi, without any trauma connected with it. You know, to have her cake and eat it at the same time!

And why, why do you have to be such a devout follower of Angharad's Cliffhangerianity if you make us train our hand endurance so extensively?!

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I am sorry....

I am sorry for the long wait. I must have redone this chapter eighteen times and Even outside help couldn't get me through this.

I hope to get the next chapter out here much quicker, since it's mostly written and I actually like where I was headed from moment one.

Ally Kat


"If there are any Psychics in the room, Please raise My hand." - Emo Philips, Comedian

Missed it somewhere

I seem to have missed/skipped over or forgotten any rape and mutiliation that occurs to Terri. I went back and reread the last chapter and am still none the wiser. Since the thought of rape and the loss of her free will are equally repugnant to me, I may have skimmed over that part. When or what chapter did this occurr in?

You know, if I were Terri I'm not sure I'd regret the loss of Lexi. She seems to be pretty nasty and manipulative in her attempts to "change the future". It would also seem that if it is Terri's mother who raises Lexi, she has/is/ will do a pretty crappy job. I dunno, if delivering Terri to this insane warlock (?) is everybody's idea of a good plan, then suicide is looking like a workable option for Terri. It's gotta be better for all concerned than either the default future or the "plan" of a demented four-year-old genius. Can Terri convince the suit to kill her quickly?


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Don't feel bad

I still haven't figured out whats going on so far, much less what you mentioned.

Shedding a little light.

Try jumping back to chapter 19

It's Terri's nightmare, about two-thirds through the chapter.


"If there are any Psychics in the room, Please raise My hand." - Emo Philips, Comedian

Nearing the end

Looks like the big finale is coming up sometime soon. I hope when it's all over I start to be able to make sense of what happened.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Accidental Magic ... Continues!

terrynaut's picture

I was wondering when the next chapter of this interesting story would be out. It's almost been too long. I'm afraid I've forgotten a lot of what's happened before and I don't have time to go back and read it again. Dang.

I think I remember enough. I remember the most important parts so I'll have to go with that.

Lexi is a great character. With her self-sacrifice and mentioning something about a coming rescue, I have hope that things will turn out okay.

It's been a wild ride. I hope you can bring it all together and end it well. I'm rooting for you and I'm rooting for Terri.

Thanks very much for the story. Please keep up the good work.

- Terry

Oh wow...

Oh my the story is drawing to a close, I'm so hooked I cant sleep mew :D I cant wait till i read the next one :D

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Yep...

Lexi is the daughter-by-rape of an alternative Terri who is only slightly "in the future" of the "cycle", but much older due to having gone back in time, and also present in the current real-time. I saw this stuff coming a long way away... Was an awful fun ride though.

Now let's see how things change this time.

Abigail Drew.

Out of Existence?

Daphne Xu's picture

She's trying to wipe herself out of existence? Oh? If she doesn't exist, then she can't have done anything to wipe herself out of existence.

This does remind me of something I'd come to realize. One can demand, plead, beg all one can, and get nowhere. At some point, one must act, no matter how grievous the consequences. They shouldn't have been so obstinate with them.

-- Daphne Xu