The Chosen Boy

Printer-friendly version
The Chosen Boy
By princess
Copyright © 2009 Princess

Authors Warning: this story has heavy religious theme to it.

In the vast reaches of the universe exists a plain that humans cannot ever reach. there is an area that exists only for the immortals and only they can exist in. In that realm, the mighty god Hashem Eloheam had decided that the final test of humanity will take place. This test would decide whether humanity deserved to survive or parish and it would be their choice. He decided to send unto humanity a young child that desperately needed love and kindness. The child would be helpless in his first 13 years. The child could forefill the greatest prophesies and bring about a new age of wisdom and love onto human kind, or he could be our worst nightmare and fulfill the end times prophecies so many books speak about. The child would be innocent and pure, but be different from other children. The choice would ours and our treatment of the child would determine our fate.

But perhaps, it was an unfair test given the long history of how we tend to treat those that are different.

Chapter One
Monica Ghram Had just received the worst news that A parent could receive. Tears were leaving wet trails down her face as she looked down on the still body of her eleven year old daughter Cathy. The doctor told her that she was in a coma and it was very likely that she would never come out of it. The subject of pulling the plug came up but she and her husband held out hope that their daughter would come back out of the coma.

They went home that night and her husband Anthony watched as his wife was rapidly slipping into a depressing. She didn’t want to eat and she barely left the house. He knew what she wanted but they didn’t want to have another child for fear something else would happen. She wouldn’t go thought that again.

In their long talks, they decided to adopt. Four weeks after their terrible news about Cathy, they visited a few adoption agencies and spoke to a number of consolers. She decided they wanted a boy this time. She didn’t want to feel like she was replacing Cathy. They signed some forms to get the ball moving and then they had to choose a child. Upon looking at a number of children, she came across a strange and very bright eleven-year-old boy named David. He seemed lonely and very sad. His near luminous features suggested that he was very special but he was desperate for someone to actually love him back. She watched him sitting in the corner of the room for ten minutes until she choose him. She went back and they signed the formal adoption papers.

It was Monica that went to David first and told him.

His hopeful desperate eyes looked at her almost pleading for love. His small voice spoke to her, “For real, Will you be my mommy?”

She nodded to him, “Yes David. Do you want to go home with me?”

He leaped up and wrapped his small arms around her, “Yes, Yes Monica. More than ever. I have dreamed of the day when I will have a Family. Please take me home with you.”

The blonde boys body was so small and he looked so fragile, but so full of love to give. His eyes nearly sparkled as she looked down at him. “Yes David lets go home. ‘

She took his small hand and led her to her car. Anthony walked with them and got in the car with David.

David was hopeful that the first time in his life that he would be loved. He looked at Monica with hope in his eyes. He was so afraid that this woman would leave him as he was left before by another lady. He just remembered her face. He remembered that she was so sad and she didn’t want a child. He was only three when she left him at that place. He hoped and prayed that Monica would become the mom he always wanted.

~****~
Two men are sitting on a park bench wearing business suits. One of them is rather old in his late sixities with lightly graying hair and the other is much younger. The older guy said, “The boy has been adopted finally. But I don’t know that woman is emotionally stable enough. She is desperate and troubled and overall this boy needs love. I should get him back Kingston.’

“No. Leave him where he is We will let her raise him now. The plan has been set in motion now,” Kingston tells the older man.’

“He is not ready. He doesn’t know how his emotions can affect others. He isn’t ready for that. He doesn’t understand everything,” The older man pleads.

“He’s a bright boy. He will learn,” He says easlly.

“But he isn’t ready.”

“Its out of your hands now, Brandon. “ Kingston says finally. “David is HIS child in the line of king david. The boy is under His protection now. And our plan has been set in motion. David will get ready. “

The older man shook his head and said, “The boy will never be what you want him to be. His mother is human and that means he has a choice. He takes after his mother. David has a good heart.”

“And that is exactly why you need to let the boy go. Lets see how long that ‘good heart’ lasts. The boy is strange and his emotions will have a big influence to people around him. Watch how the town will treat him, especially the other children when strange things start happening. The boys powers will start to manifest themselves. Let the world have its way with the boy and when it does,” Kingston paused to emphasize. “I guarantee he will bring it to its knees. “

Authors Note
I am sorry for the shortness of this first part but I chose that to get it started. The following chapters and yes there will be, will be longer.

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice start Princess

maybe the first chapter was a little short but there is more than enough here to suggest this will be a story well worth following, Looking forward to reading more soon.

Kirri

I agree!

Your blurb is excellent! It tells everything and nothing. I must admit that it is why I chose to read this one.

That last line says it all. "But perhaps, it was an unfair test given the long history of how we tend to treat those that are different." Many of us know the truth of that all too well.

hugs!

Grover

Cathy

Poor Cathy,maybe in future chapters she will wake up by some Miracle?

The Chosen Boy

You have sat the stage. I just hope that the next chapters are longer by a large margine.
We shall see if your story holds my interest. So far so good.

Ooooh

Sounds fun meow, cant wait for more ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Chosen Boy

Shows promise. But needs editing to mke it flow better.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Excellent start, dear one...

Andrea Lena's picture

...very good exposition, considering the brevity. Sets the story up for the next chapter, and judging by the comments, setting your readers up in anticipation for what may prove to be a very clever story. Thank you for writing this interesting tale.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Very nice

gothic.jpg I like it a lot princess, short indeed but appears to have what is needed to be a great story. Looking forward to read more. Oh and btw i believe Cathy will soon be recovering from the coma. Kiss I.

gothic.jpg