Grottoes-11

Printer-friendly version

Grottoes-11
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

Jessica Bell was in the Teacher's Lounge when Bunny came in wearing her Team Grottoes sweats, "Afternoon, Jess. You ready for the Walter's Trial?" she smirked.

Jes was startled from her sipping her cup of Earl Grey Tea, a recent habit acquired after 'Gaby' went home to Warsop, "How do you know about the trial, and why are you in that get up?"

Bunny smiled, " The only people that DON'T know about the trial are the Walters themselves. As for this, I wanted to show my support for Drew. I think that I might get the cheerleaders some for winter, sure beats those skirts," she grinned as she struck a seductive pose.

Jessica smiled at her friend, "Do that in school, and the boys will drool over you."

"Like they do the cheerleaders and dance team?"

Jess sighed, "Yes. Unfortunately, we will be minus one cheerleader very soon. Worst of all, it could have been avoided."

Bunny hugged Jessica, "You know full well that Britney and Debbie brought this on themselves what with their deceiving their parents about Drew's gender. They know that arrangements would have been made if they'd told their parents. So please don't feel sorry for them. They deserve the punishment."

Jessica sighed, "I know that Bunny, but I still hate that I have to do it. If only they'd told their parents."

"Fran, they didn't. They kept up this charade, not really caring what they put Drew through. Do you think that they thought about how Drew would be hurt if he was outed?"

"No, definitely not! Nor did they think about how it would affect everybody else if he got outed. Let alone, Em."

"Yes, one boy who looks like a girl, and his best friend who wants to be a girl. Come, Fran. We need to do this for BOTH of them.

* * *

Erin woke up and saw that she had an incoming message:

Erin,

I want to thank you for befriending Drew/Gaby during their stay there in Grottoes. I know that it was all because of Brittney and Debbie that Drew had to be Gaby while over there, and that it all started from when they visited Warsop, last year.

They are the ones who got Gaby to be a cheerleader and they orchestrated Gaby's stay over here as a big prank. And I know that Brit also arranged for Gaby to meet you, even though you knew that it was really Drew.

Well, today, those girls will pay the price when the faculty meets at Jack's Diner to discuss what they did. You are invited as well, Diane is coming too.

Jessica Bell

* * *

She got up and poured herself a steaming mug of coffee and smiled as she looked at a picture of Gaby.
'Ever since I met that young man, I have had a soft spot in my heart for him. I was all too ready to spill the beans about that masquerade foisted on Drew by Brit's scheming. Oh, I know that Debbie went along with her sister's scheme, but she could have defended Drew against Brit's unbridled attacks upon his masculinity. The worst of it is that Drew would have paid the price if he had been discovered. Now to see them pay the price.'

She sat down and responded.

Jessica,

I will be there, you can count on that! I loaned Drew my bike to practice on, and Diana built a special bike for the Atlanta Winter Classic. Drew has many friends here, even though most think of Drew as Gaby, our English Rose. Unless I am mistaken, the entire team will be there.

Erin.

* * *

Principal Shaun Roberts was getting impatient, Jessica had abused her authority as Parent Teacher Organization administrator when she organized the upcoming meeting to punish the Walters' girls by ignoring him, and he would have it out with her, TODAY!

He was well aware of the fact that Drew was over here as Gaby, and why. He to kept mum about it from Jocelyn, but Jessica's actions left him feeling like a fool! Time to set things right!

He toggled the intercom, "Betty! get in here!"

"Yes, Sir, Mister Roberts," replied the frightened Mrs. Johnson.

She entered his office, "Anything wrong, Shaun?" she asked timidly.

He blushed, "Sorry about that, Betty. I'm not mad at you, at all. I'm furious with Jessica," he sighed.

She sat down, "Why?"

"Jessica organized this meeting at Jack's to punish the Walter's girls without asking me, THAT'S why."

"And what would you have done if you'd known?"

"I'd have told Jocelyn as per the rules."

"But, she is their mother, and we are not supposed to inform the parents of any actions before they are enacted. And if Jocelyn knows before hand, she will make them apologize and pull them out of all activities, limiting us in the school's verdict."

He sighed, You're BOTH right! I just hate that she had to do it."

"Shaun, Jessica has always put the welfare of the students ahead of any rules or regulations."

"I know, Betty. And I can not fault her for that, nor for her circumventing the established procedures. It's just that now, she has by her actions established a NEW procedure. And knowing the board, they'll deliberate over it and NOT enact it until another situation comes up," he sighed.

"Then, why not get with Jess and push the new procedure through?"

"I'll do just that, if you draw up the proposal."

"Sure thing. I'll wait until this fiasco is over and done with, THEN I'll do it," she smiled.

Shaun looked outside and saw Jocelyn getting out of her car, looking angry as her daughters meekly got out, "DAMN! Looks as if she knows, already.

* * *

Jocelyn Walters was furious with her daughters! by happenstance, she had found an article in Sports Weekly about Jenny Bond and her family, which made absolutely no mention of her daughter Gaby Bond.

Looking at the accompanying picture of Drew, she saw Gaby and instantly knew that she had been lied to. Keeping her peace, she sent an E-Mail to Jenny Bond in order to ferret out the truth.

* * *

Jenny Bond,

I am Jocelyn Walters, mother of Brit and Debbie. I apologize for not contacting you earlier, but I have been busy with my job, and foolishly believed my daughters when they told me that Drew was Gaby. I did not know it at the time, but they hacked into my personal computer at home and changed Drew's gender to female.

They listed her as Gabrielle Drew Bond, twin of your son, David Andrew Bond. According to the transcript, Drew stayed over there in Warsop to compete in several races in order to defend his title.

I have read about both teens competing in races, yet, never in the SAME race. THAT made me wonder whether or not Gaby was a twin, or cousin. I NEVER thought that those two had concocted the scheme to turn Drew into Gaby, nor their gambit to coerce him to BE Gaby during the trip.

I recently found out when I caught sight of an e-mail from Brit to Maddy Peters about pictures of Gaby for her school's yearbook. When I saw that it was really Drew, not Gaby, I knew that I had been played a fool by my daughters.

Well, now they are in trouble for falsifying records, blackmailing a student, and bullying said student, as well as endangerment. If they had come to us about Drew, things could have been worked out. We could have actually let Drew be himself while here, and Gaby in public.

We are not prudes, and accept the idea of Drew sleeping in the same room as his sister, Julie, but not our daughters. That is why he sleepover is such strong evidence against them. Having a boy at the sleepover breaks the cardinal rule of sleepovers. How easy would it be for a boy to get a girl in trouble at a sleepover?

My daughters are due to pay the price for their crime, I have already grounded both of them for the year, possibly until graduation. Unless I am mistaken, the school will take away their scholarships, forcing them to get jobs to fund their college years, because we will not help them with college, except for providing room and board.

Jocelyn Walters.

* * *

After Jenny Bond read the E-mail, she began to think about everything that Drew had gone through because of the Cultural Exchange Program and how his good nature had been used against him.

She thought about how the Walter's girls had said that Drew was a girl and how they had conspired to get him in skirts as often as possible. The fact that he had gotten hurt while racing, necessitating his wearing a skirt did not help.

Worst of all was that Maddy and Jules had went along with it, leading to Drew becoming Gaby for Warsop College's cheerleader team: Sherwood Foresters. If not for that, she was convinced that Drew would not have been targeted by Brit and Debbie to be Gaby while in America al the time, and Jocelyn Walters E-mail had just proven it!

It was one thing for Maddy Peters to get Drew to go to those cons as Gaby, and for Drew to have to borrow clothes from his family when he had his misadventures, but to have to be Gaby because of two immature girls was something else!

* * *

Jocelyn Walters,

I find your daughter's actions toward my son Drew to be reprehensible. It was one thing to pretend that he was a tomboy, but to cause him to be drafted into being a cheerleader as Gaby was too much! I know that they had help from Maddy Peters and my daughter, Jules, but they at least are smart enough to help keep my son safe from being outed.

I am not sure if Maddy had anything to do with Drew having only his Gaby clothes packed or not, but your daughters blackmailed Drew into being Gaby, using his good nature against him. As far as I am concerned, I hope that your daughters NEVER return!

Brit made sure that Drew was Gaby when they visited me in Germany while your daughters were here during the trip. Brit is worse than Maddy about getting Drew in skirts, Maddy only does it at the cons that she invites Drew to. The only other times that Drew is Gaby is when he must borrow clothing after an accident.

Jenny Bond.

* * *

Back at Jack's Diner, Jack, J.J. and Sandy were getting the diner ready for the meeting while Daisy Mae was home, babysitting her baby brother, Ronald.

Sandy now felt at ease around them after the revelation of Jack's wife Joan and how J.J. loved her. She was contemplating whether or not to tell J.J. about her gaffe that gave her a realistic vagina. She wondered what sex would feel like, but worried that sex would ruin their relationship. That was when she KNEW that she was a woman, not a girl.

She had found acceptance of who she was thanks to her British sister Em. She had by her presence and sweet nature had overcome Sandy's dad's attitude.

Sandy would do anything for her in gratitude, what she NEVER expected was her just now realized relationship with J.J. After listening to J.J. and Jack, she knew that she'd found what her heart desired, a boyfriend.

She knew that they'd have to carefully balance the work schedule to avoid playing favorites, which Jack did his best to be impartial, but he also had to remember his employees home life and how it impacted on their ability to work.

Jack had Daisy Mae, Sandy, and the Olsen twins, Jill and Jane as waitresses and cooks and J.J. as relief cook, but the twins were attending college, and Daisy Mae's employment might soon need to end.

Her parents couldn't afford to hire a babysitter while her dad worked and her mother cared for him during the day. Ronald was born premature because of a drunk driver who'd hit the car while the family was at Grottoes Multiplex to watch the latest Disney movie.

Daisy Mae had graduated from college with a degree in Child Care, but she knew that her mother needed a break from caring for Ronald. They'd applied for assistance, but they made too much money, leaving them to rely heavily upon their health insurance.

Unfortunately, their policy did not cover Ronald's child care and the company that Daisy Mae's dad worked for would not let him bring Ronald to the company's child care facilities, leaving the family in a bind.

Daisy Mae loved working at Jack's Diner, but what with Ronald's increasing needs, she had to give up her job in order to help her parent care for Ronald. But what none of them knew was that events would conspire to help the family get the help that they needed.

* * *

Sandy came out of the employee's lounge, wearing her uniform, "Jack, who will I have helping me tonight?"

"The twins will both be here after they get out of college for the day. Daisy Mae, unfortunately has to stay home and care for her brother again. Are YOU ready?"

Sandy smiled, "Yes, Jack. After going home last night and telling my parents about how J.J. feels about me, they want to meet my beau," she sighed.

J.J. blushed, Dad, isn't meeting Sandy's family tantamount to us being engaged?"

Sandy wanted to slap her beau until Jack responded, "Son, do you not LOVE Sandy that much?"

"I DO Dad, but I am worried that they might push for an early wedding. As much as I love Sandy, but I don't want to rush things."

She smiled, "Don't worry about my parents, they're still getting use to me being their daughter, and Daddy just recently started calling me Princess, J.J."

Jack looked at Sandy, "Well, technically, you are a prince, NOT a princess," he smirked.

Sandy stared at him, gobsmacked as she imitated a fish.

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" yelled J.J.

Jack hugged Sandy, "Please forgive me, Sandy. But I NEVER meant to hurt you," he pleaded.

"Then, [sniff] why did you say it?' she wept.

"I meant it as a joke, Sweetheart. Until you have your surgery,, you are still, technically a male," he explained.

"Dad, Sandy knows more about it than you do. I know that you went through it with Mom, but things could have changed since then. Did you not see her I.D. when she applied for work?"

Jack slapped his forehead, "WHAT A FOOL I HAVE BEEN!" he exclaimed.

Sandy kissed him, "Jack, thanks to Momma, my school records show me as a girl. That's why my driver's license, birth certificate and student I.D. lists me as female."

J.J. chuckled, "Dad, I think that you owe my girl a very big apology."

"You're right, son. I most definitely do."

Sandy blushed, "That's alright, Jack..."

"SANDY, DO NOT LET ME, OR ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN. YOU HAVE WON THAT RIGHT. YOUR DADDY SEES YOU AS A PRINCESS, J.J. IS YOUR BEAU, AND I AM YOUR SON TO BE FATHER-IN-LAW." Jack said, firmly.

Sandy kissed him, "Now where is my apology? Eh?"

Jack knelt before her, "Sandy, I most humbly apologize for hurting you. Am I forgiven?"

She touched him on the shoulder, "You are forgiven knave," she giggled.

"Dad, I AM supposed to kneel before her, not you."

"Don't worry, Beloved. you will have plenty of time to do that," she replied as she kissed J.J.

Jack sighed, "Glad that that is cleared up, but I still worry about Daisy Mae, she loves working here, but must help take care of her brother, Ronald."

"Medicare and Medicaid refuse to help?"

"Yes, her dad and mother make too much."

Then, the twins came in, giving Sandy an idea, " Tina, Rita, can you two handle everything for awhile?"

They looked at each other, then Tina replied," I guess that we can, why Sandy?"

"Does this have anything to do with Daisy Mae?"

Sandy looked at Jack with pleading eyes, "Yes, if you can handle things with J.J. and Jack, I can call my dad and see if he can help Daisy Mae out. Ever since he's been in group therapy, he's developed contacts that should help her."

Jack smiled, "Go ahead, Sandy. Daisy Mae's needs override your waitress duties."

Sandy smiled and went into Jack's office.

* * *

John Jones picked up his office phone, "Hello, Jones residence. Who's calling, please?'

"Daddy, it's Sandy."

"What's wrong, Princess?"

"Why do you think that?"

"Because you only call me on my personal line if there's trouble," he chuckled.

"OK, you're right Daddy, but I'm not calling for me."

"Then why are you calling?"

"Daddy, you have contacts with Medicare and Medicaid, right?"

"Yes, through the therapy group, why?"

"Because, there is a waitress, Daisy Mae who is having to quit because of
Medicare and Medicaid."

"Explain."

"Medicare and Medicaid refuse to put her brother Ronald on their program because her parents make too much money."

"I see, and Daisy Mae is having to care for her brother?"

"Yes, Daddy."

"Well, I go to therapy later tonight while your mother attends the meeting."

"What about Kevin?"

"He'll be with me, Princess."

"OK."

"I'll ask the contacts, and see if Daisy Mae's brother can be placed in the program. But there's a price that YOU have to pay."

"What's that?"

"A kiss and hug from my Princess," he chuckled.

"Daddy, you're silly! Of course I'll do it! Think of something else," she giggled.

"OK, dinner for us at Jack's, you included."

"OK, Daddy."

"Love you, Princess."

"Love you too, Daddy."

"Bye."

"Later."

* * *

"Who was that, John?" asked Mary as she came into his office wearing a dark gray woolen with matching tights and boots.

"That was Princess, she has a job for me to do at the session, tonight."

"Oh? what is it," she smiled, glad that he called Sandy 'Princess'.

"There's a waitress, Daisy Mae, whose parents have been denied Medicare and Medicaid because they make too much. But they need it to help care for her brother, Ronald."

"And what can you do?"

"I can ask the others in the group if they can help."

"You think that they can?"

"Yes, it's held in the County Courthouse, and one is a clerk in Medicare."

Mary hugged John, "I'm so proud of you," she sighed as she smiled.

"Oh?"

"Yes, you called Sandy 'Princess' instead of ignoring her, or charging her a price."

"Well, I am over my fear, but I DID charger her," he admitted.

"Why?"

"She insisted."

"She would,being so generous. What is the price?"

"Dinner for our family, including her at Jack's."

"John, you know that Jack just might give it to us."

"I know, but I want one dinner there with her as family, not a waitress," he sighed.

"John, you know that we have left there after a meal, letting Sandy pay for it."

"I know, I wish that there was a record of that," he sighed.

"There is."

"Where?"

"I've kept the receipts in a box under the bed, hoping that one day that you'd reimburse Sandy."

"How much?"

"$250, plus tip."

"Then I will give her $750, please don't tell." he declared.

"I promise."

After snuggling for a few minutes, they left, Mary to Jack's and John and Kevin to the courthouse.

* * *

Back at Erin's Cyclery, Erin was meeting Diana Biggs and Sally Brooks to discuss their mutual business arrangement, cycling. When Erin had sponsored the Grottoes' cycling team, Team Grottoes,she'd never thought about Diana using Biggs' Fabrication to build custom bikes, but Diane had wanted to lose weight and chose cycling as her means to do so.

She'd bought her first bike from Erin who'd tailored the bike to Diana's build, little knowing that it would lead to Diana having Biggs' Fabrication develop a program to build custom bikes.

Erin had no qualms about that as Biggs' Fabrication built the frame while she supplied the rest of the equipment. For most of the local cyclists, one of Erin's bikes was good enough, but for those truly to cycling, only the customized bikes from Biggs' Fabrication would do.

Earlier this year, they'd met the lovely English Rose, Gaby Bond from Warsop, England. She'd joined Team Grottoes for the Atlanta Winter Classic and helped them to win. The fact that Gaby was in reality Drew did not matter.

Britney had brought Gaby to Erin's Cyclery so that she could ask Erin if she could borrow a bike. What she was not ready for was Erin's knowing WHO Gaby really was. It was only because of Gaby's request that Erin hadn't told Brit's parents, but now Brit and Deb were soon to pay for their prank, and Erin hoped that Jocelyn would forgive her for not telling her before now.

Jocelyn loved her daughter and tended to spoil them by NOT grounding them as hard as she should. She remembered her own childhood and how she too had tested her parents resolve when she was a teen with Erin as her partner in teen mayhem.

Growing up together, they'd adopted each other as sisters to thwart the cliques and boy gangs attempts to bully them. Jocelyn and Erin were both on the tiny side, and the cliques and boys tended to bully them. If not for Ellen and her clique, Jocelyn and Erin would have been alone.

Erin and Jocelyn had grown up together in Grottoes, and were Augusta Middle School Cheerleaders and on the Augusta High School Dance Team; the August Lioness. Jocelyn had gone on and married, but Erin had yet to find a husband.

Oh, Erin had had her boyfriends, but in the end, none had wanted anything after they had become lovers. She had become bitter to men after her first, but Ellen had helped her to see that she was better off without him.

She was right, too. Jason Robson had been found guilty of child abandonment. He'd gotten twin sisters Monica and Madelyn Black pregnant, and instead of staying to help provide for his children, had skipped town. Sheriff Roscoe Reynolds had tracked him down and brought him back to face justice, which was swift.

His estate was supporting both mothers while they continued their schooling and graduated. Even though both were married, the children were still supported by his estate until they finished their schooling.

* * *

"Erin, you ready?"

"Almost, just looking at our display."

Diane approached the display of the two bikes that Gaby rode while in Grottoes and a copy of her racing skins from the Atlanta Winter Classic displayed upon a mannequin duplicate of Gaby.

On the walls were scenes from her practice races and her with Lance Armstrong, her winning the race and scenes of her on the podium as well as her with her family and their Team Apollaniris friends.

"You miss our English Rose,[sniff] too. sniff] Dont'cha, Erin?" asked a tearful Diana.

"Yes, [sigh] I do. She graced us with her beauty and grace, in spite of the fact that she wanted to be Drew."

"I know how you feel. I came up with the idea to use her celebrity status to promote our businesses, but I NEVER wanted, nor hinted that she should not become Drew while racing."

Erin turned towards her younger friend, "No, THAT was due to Britney and Debbie. Their pranking sealed his fate. Drew could NEVER appear without raising questions that if answered, would cause trouble for both schools," she sighed.

"Come, we can reminisce about Gaby over a cup of coffee before the meeting. I know that I need too."

"OK."

Diane led Erin into the office where there was pot of coffee warming with a plate of sweet pastries on it. She prepared them both a steaming mug of the brew and brought them and the sweets to the desk on a silver tray.

"MMMM, this creamer makes the coffee extra special, Di. Where did you find it?"

"Derek found it at the new 'Coffee Emporium' next to the shop," she replied as she sat down and placed a tin of the creamer on the desk.

"Must be expensive," she observed as she nibbled on a cheese danish.

"Only if you over do it, it comes in pellets. One will cream a cup, even when the coffee is strong. These mugs took two each."

"Thanks, Di. Too bad Gaby never wanted any. She prefers her hot tea."

"Same with all of those from England. But what was best about the trip was learning from Gaby."

"Yes, that's why I am worried about Jocelyn."

"Why, Erin?"

"Because she'll think that I betrayed our friendship bt NOT telling her about Gaby."

"Well, you two, Jack, and Daddy grew up together, surely she'll listen to you when you explain why you didn't."

"Di, she'll also want to know why you didn't tell her."

Diane looked at the wall clock, "Time to leave for the meeting."

"OK, get in the truck and I'll give you a ride."

"OK."

* * *

Carol Peters waited while Maddy got tea ready. She knew that Maddy needed to talk about the trip so that she could give voice to her part in Drew's being Gaby for the trip to America. She knew that Maddy loved getting Drew to become Gaby, but she also made sure that Drew was safe from being outed by being in the company of friends and family who'd keep him safe. But not so with Britney and Debbie. Carol needed to know just how involved Maddy was in their plan.

Maddy brought the tea tray, laden with the tea service and the steamy turkey and cheese sarnies, "Tea is served, Madam," Maddy snickered.

Carol poured tea into her cup and added the condiments, "Thanks, Maddy. ut I need to know just how involved you were in Brit and Deb's plan," she explained.

"I wasn't Mum. They wanted me to make sure that Drew only packed his Gaby clothes, but I refused to help," she sighed.

"Yet you always got Drew to be Gaby at all of the cons, dear."

"Mum, Drew was NEVER in any danger at the cons. A lot of guys go as girls. I'd NEVER endanger my Drewbie."

Carol smiled, "I know, Maddy. But you needed to voice your attitude about Drew/Gaby. I know that he tends to have misadventures where he must borrow clothes from you, Jules, or Jenny, but that's altogether different."

"Mum, do you think that Drew does it so that he becomes Gaby?"

"I don't know. I don't think that he even knows."

"OK. What about Brit and Deb?"

"There's a meting over in Grottoes where their discussing a proper punishment for them."

"GOOD! they caused Drew nothing but grief while over there!" fumed Maddy.

* * *


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

up
36 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos