Air Force Sweetheart -- TacPzlSolGp Chap. 26/34

Printer-friendly version

Air Force Sweetheart
TacPzlSolGp
Chapter 26/34

 

by T. D. Aldoennetti

Previously:

Mom immediately gets up and crosses the room to pick up the phone on her night stand. In a moment, she’s telling our communications sergeant, “I need to speak with my husband immediately. It’s very important.”

Perhaps a minute goes by before the phone rings back.

“Phillip? … Oh good, how soon? … Yes, I’m nearly ready, but that’s not why I called. Did you know that the Agent who tried to kill Lucy was in your cafeteria today?”

“I didn’t think so. Lieutenant Colonel Scott chased him off after he threatened Lucy again. … Phillip, remember your blood pressure. Take a pill. … Yes, as soon as you arrive. … Good. See you then.”

“He’d like to talk with you when he arrives, in about ten minutes. He’s going to arrange to have more security here at the house as well.”

“Okay, Mom. Thank you.”


Admin Note: Originally published on BigCloset TopShelf by T D Aldoennetti on Fri, 2008/11/21 - 5:21pm, Air Force Sweetheart -- TacPzlSolGp Chapter 26 is revised and reposted on Mon, 2009/12/28 - 04:27 PM. ~Sephrena


 

A date?! A real date?! Lucy, are you crazy?!:

 

Chapter 26

 

I walk into my room and change to civies, then wash off my makeup. Opening the closet, I look over my gowns and furs. The dark blue is almost a perfect match for the colour of Randolf’s car. I could wear it, and either the mink jacket or perhaps coat, since the weather is getting cooler. With my hair down my back and wearing the sapphires, I’d look good. I haven’t worn that gown since…. I’ve even lost a few pounds so it should easily fit. Maybe I should…. I could always warn Randolf in advance that I might need to leave early.

Of course, he might not want to take me if I’m not staying very long. Then again, there’s no harm in asking. Then again, I really don’t know much about him. Of course Daddy would know who I was with, so Randolf would probably be on his best behavior. But we might see that creep at the function. What could I do then? If the creep doesn’t have his gun, then Randolf and I could easily handle him.

Geez, I could easily handle him. I don’t have broken ribs and damaged organs to slow me down like before, and I’d be on guard. Even then, I put him in the hospital. I’m starting to feel more confident, now that I’m thinking in terms of being in the States, with people all around me, most of whom I can probably trust. Look how all those men had stood up for me today, literally.

I’ve gone through so much trying to get here and now I’m just going to sit by the wayside and become an old maid? Randolf seems nice. Of course, so did Mr. Creep at first. Except I had a little bit of a bad feeling about him, even then, and I should have paid better attention to it. The feeling I have about Randolf is entirely a good one. You’re an analyst, analyze! What could it hurt? I could offer to pay for his gas. Maybe he has duty that night. “Oh, come on, Lucy. Make up your mind. People need to have enough warning to plan ahead,” I said aloud.

“What do I need to be warned about?”

I spin around, startled. “Oh! Hi, Daddy. I’m sorry, I was just thinking out loud.”

“It sounded pretty serious to me.”

“No…. Well, yes…. I don’t know.”

“Uh oh, sounds like man trouble. You’re looking at your gowns. Planning on coming to the Israeli function? I have a place for you, and for an escort if you’d like.”

“Yes…. No…. Maybe.”

“Which is it, yes, no, or maybe?”

“I don’t know,” I almost wail, “I would like to go but….”

“Lucy. The Israeli’s don’t let any weapons in and all we need to do is give them that bas…, creep’s photo and they won’t let him in either, or if they do they’ll be watching his every move. They take such things very seriously, as you well know. If there’s any time you could go out in public and be entirely safe, this is it.”

“Do you really think so?”

“I know so. Tell you what. You invite your Lieutenant Colonel to take you and I’ll set up a meeting in my office with their embassy’s head of security. He and I are old friends. We go back a long way. You two can meet him and provide the details of the problem. I’ll say that you work with me and are under threat by this person due to an old animosity when he nearly killed you. Since we have photos, we can show them what he looks like.”

I’m still doubtful, and say, “But….”

Daddy interrupts me, still thinking about security, musing almost to himself, “Of course that doesn’t mean a lot if he’s in the habit of disguising himself but if he does, and they find out, then it makes him look all the worse. We could even pull his present appearance off the cafeteria surveillance tapes. They’re set up to get good face shots of everyone sitting there and they record to super VHS, so the definition on playback is good.” He focuses on me again. “What do you say? You could invite Lieutenant Colonel Scott tomorrow. That should give him plenty of time and he can coördinate with my office.”

“What do you think of him, Daddy?”

“Well…. I don’t know how he is with women. He was married once. I know a lot of the women in the building are trying to get him to take them out but he isn’t going for it, so he’s by no means a womanizer.”

I still felt hesitant, and I suppose he saw my hesitation, because he continued saying good things about him.

“As far as his attention to detail and devotion to duty, he seems quite dedicated. His work ethic is good and I’ve heard through the rumor mill that he’ll be a candidate for the promotions list in three or four months. I could put my finger in that pie and learn more, possibly even add my two cents worth, if that matters to you.” He had a peculiar tone in his voice, a timbre I hadn’t heard since my father died, so many years ago.

Tears started trickling down my face, and I sniffed, which he probably misunderstood, because he kept going on about Randolph.

”In my opinion he deserves the promotion. I think he would also be honorable if you let him take you out. He doesn’t strike me as someone who would intentionally hurt a woman. In fact, after having heard Julie relate your story, I’d say he’d probably go to great lengths to protect you, my daughter or not.”

I smiled at him, without explanation, of course, but had to ask, “He was married once? What happened? Why isn’t he still married?”

“She was killed in the line of duty. I don’t know much more about it than that.”

Oh! How sad for him. I was beginning to understand what made him the man he seemed to be. “Oh. I was worried that maybe she divorced him,” I say. “Thanks, Daddy. I’ll think about it.”

“You’d better think fast. The new schedules come out in two days and if he’s going to have that night and the following weekend free, then he’ll need to put in for that time, right now. Waiting might be too late.”

“But…. I’m still a little frightened, Daddy. I…. I’ll try. Is there anyway we can reach him tonight? He was going home after he dropped me off.”

“Let me see if he’s in the building directory. I’ll let you know in a few minutes.”

Daddy leaves me standing there, looking at my gowns and thinking. He did come to my rescue in the cafeteria even before his friends came over to help. And he seemed to mean the things he said.

Even the other men, Randolph’s friends, were instantly on my side, and hostile toward the creep, so not all men are anything like that, and Randolph hung around with good men. That had to count for something. Randolf might even be frightened of a relationship too. That might be why he hasn’t dated anyone. Maybe he feels safe with me because I don’t want a relationship. Wha…? Oh, the phone. Maybe Daddy found his number.

“Hello?”

“Lucy, I have Lieutenant Colonel Scott on the line. He’s back at his office. I’m going to hang up and you two can talk.”

“Thank you, Daddy.” There’s a faint click. “Hello?”

It’s Randolph’s voice. “Hi, Princess. You wanted to talk with me?”

“Yes. I….” Courage, Lucy, “I’m going to the Israeli function at their embassy on the twelfth. I was wondering if you would mind escorting me? I may not stay long. I’ve been having a lot of difficulty in crowds. I get frightened and need to leave quite early so if you don’t want to go, I’ll understand.”

“Sure, Princess.”

“Oh! I…. Okay. Daddy said I should call you now so you would have time to tell them before the new schedules come out so you could get the night and weekend off. It’s the twelfth. It starts at 1800 and goes to whenever. I know it’s kind of short notice. Daddy said that if you say okay, then he’ll set up a meeting for us in his office with the head of security for the embassy, so we can tell them about the creep. Daddy is going to have his photo pulled from the cafeteria tapes. Anyway, that’s it. That’s why I wanted to talk to you.”

“Sure, Princess. I’d very much like to escort you. I promise I’ll be good and won’t do anything to make you frightened. At least not intentionally. If I do something, just kick me to get my attention and I’ll straighten right up.”

“I wouldn’t kick you. And thanks. Oh! Daddy says it’s black tie, is that okay?”

“Sure. No problem. I’ll pull it out and have them shovel the dirt off it.”

He’s funny too. “Okay. If you need a good cleaner, I know of one near the offices.”

“I may take you up on that, Princess. Is lunch still on in the cafeteria tomorrow?”

I raised one eyebrow, which of course he couldn’t see, so put a bit of teasing scepticism into my voice. “I said ‘yes.’ ”

“I know but two times in a twenty-four hour period might be more than you can stand of me.”

I like him.

“Well, I guess I’ll just have to grin and bear it. Thanks…. By the way, will you be driving the car you drove tonight?”

“Yep. It’s the only one I’ve got. A little old but it gets me around. Some day maybe I can afford a new one.”

“Great. I have just the gown to wear then. You won’t be able to miss me. I’ll wear my white mink so you will be able to know it’s me.”

“I hope you wear more than the mink.”

It’s a good thing he can’t see me, because I’m blushing like a schoolgirl. “Of course, silly. A lot more. I think you’ll like what you see. I’m going to leave work at noon that day so I have time to get ready. If you could pick me up about 1730, then we should be able to arrive about 1800 at the embassy. Daddy has the invitations for us, to show we were invited, and I’m on the list at the door already, with a generic escort. He’ll add your name to their list tomorrow. I’ll pick up our invitation from him tomorrow, so you’ll have them when we go in.”

Then I think, “Oh! We’ll need our civilian and military ID’s; they’re pretty security conscious. Randolf, thank you. I feel like I’m taking a big chance, but I think maybe you are too.”

“You’re welcome, Princess. You won’t be sorry. I promise.”

“Thanks, Randolf. Bye….” I hang up the phone.

What have you just done, you silly girl? You made a date with a man, that’s what you’ve done. My heart is pounding like a bass drum. I need to find Mom.

“Mom? Mom?” They’ve already gone. I didn’t think I was on the phone that long.

Why did I do that? I should have just stayed home. I need to call him back. I can’t do this. It’s only been two minutes and I’m already a nervous wreck. Daddy used the communications operator to make the call, so maybe he has Randolf’s number.

“Hello? Yes, this is Major Jackson and I was talking with Lieutenant Colonel Scott just a few minutes ago. Could you reconnect me? His number? I don’t have his number.”

“Do you have a number, Ma’am?”

“Daddy, I mean General Pendleton called him and then put me on so we could talk.”

“I’m sorry, Ma’am, but we don’t record that sort of personal detail on outgoing calls. I’m sorry, but I can’t help you, Ma’am. Is there any other way you could get the information?”

“No. Daddy’s gone out with Mom to one of the seasonal functions. Okay, thank you. I’ll just talk to him tomorrow when I see him at work. Thank you anyway. Bye.”

I’m in such a panic I won’t get a wink of sleep tonight. Geez. How stupid can you be, Lucy? Come on, no tears. I said no tear…. Oh never mind….

After I have a good cry I go wash my face and get ready for bed. Pulling the novel I’ve been reading from its place on the shelf, I continue where I left off after clicking on my reading lamp over the bed. Reading always relaxes me and I’m able to go right to sleep. The phone starts its soft ring and I look at the line selector. It’s a house call, so the comm center will take it. I get about two sentences further and the phone buzzes, I answer, “Yes?”

“There’s a Lieutenant Colonel Scott on one for you, Ma’am.”

“Thank you.”

I punch the line button, “Randolf?”

“Hi, Princess. Just calling to beg off lunch tomorrow. Something’s come up and I need to leave until the tenth. I’d really appreciate it if you could let my secretary know about that dry cleaner so my suit can be cleaned while I’m away. It’s a bit dirtier than I’d remembered.”

“Oh. Actually I was thinking of begging off the Embassy function so you could save the money.”

“I’m not good enough for you? I promised I wouldn’t do anything to upset you.”

“It isn’t that. I…, I’ve just had a lot of second thoughts. I’m sorry. I just can’t do… go….” I trail off.

“Oh. Well how about another time?”

“No. I don’t think so. I… I’m actually considering leaving the service and going home. I… I just… I’d better go. Thanks for saying okay. I warned you I might not be able to do it. Thanks, too, for helping me in the cafeteria today. I… I’d better go now.” There’s only silence on the line. “Okay? Randolf?”

“Yeah. I’m still here. Was it something I did or said?”

“Oh, no. It’s me. I just can’t…. I mean the…. Randolf, you’ve been a gentleman every moment but I’m such a mess. I simply can’t handle it.”

“Okay…. Do you remember basic training?”

“Basic training? What does that have to do with anything?”

“Everything. Remember trying to follow the PT courses and thinking you could never do it. I remember thinking that.”

“Yes, I remember. So?”

“Remember how everything started off small? Just a few of this and just a few of that until we suddenly realized we were doing a hundred of everything just a few weeks later?”

“Yes, I remember. I still don’t see…. Oh….”

“Princess, I’m willing to take you even if we only stay ten minutes. Then I’ll take you home, no questions, no delays. Just take you home. The next time there’s another occasion, I’m willing to do it again until finally, instead of ten minutes, it’s a hundred. Then we could continue until it’s two hundred and just slowly build up until you are able to stay for the whole thing.”

I sigh and know he’s right. If he’ll bring me home, then I won’t be stuck there and if I have a panic attack I will have a secure way to get home. Maybe it would work. It’s worth a try. If I haven’t made it past ten minutes after ten functions then I’ll call it quits and resign my commission.

“Princess, are you still there?”

“Yes. I’m just thinking…. Okay, I’ll try it, but if after ten functions I haven’t made it to half an hour, then I’m going to resign and go home. Nothing’s worse than an intelligence officer who can’t gather intelligence.”

“But that’s not your job. Your job is to analyze the information people like me bring to you…. Oh, crap.”

“What? What’s the matter?”

“I’m glad this is a secure line. I just blew my cover.”

“What? That you gather intelligence? I’ve known that almost ever since I met you.”

“You’re kidding. How?”

“That’s easy. The way you listen and move around so you can hear what each person is saying. If they start to talk directly to you about something unrelated, then you find an excuse to go on to someone else. You likely do the same thing when you are in the field. You go on sudden short trips, usually to other countries. Within a few days of your return, I suddenly have a lot of new data to examine and compare with previous data. I just put two and two together.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“You can’t keep many secrets in the intelligence community. For instance, if you’re really going to the Middle East, then you might tell people you are going to… South America, let’s say. If you’re going into Asia, then you say it’s Europe. If you are going to Europe, then it’s Canada. There are other clues I’ve noticed as well. When it’s dangerous, when you return, you’ve lost one or two pounds for each day you’ve been gone. If it’s something easy, then you gain about a pound a day. I just observe and catagorize information, that’s what an analyst does. To the best of my knowledge, I’ve seen thirty-seven others I’m certain do the same sort of thing. It’s simple. Try me. Tell me where you are going to tell everyone you are going and I’ll tell you where you’re really going, give or take a couple of nearby countries.”

“Okay but let’s make it interesting. If you can’t name the correct country in three tries then you go to the Embassy function with me. Deal?”

“And what happens if I’m right?”

“I’ll buy you two dozen roses and lunch for a week at the cafeteria.”

“Okay, It’s a deal.”

“Good. I’m going to Germany.”

“That isn’t fair.”

“You made a deal,” he says.

“Yes, but you really are going to Germany.”

“….”

“Randolf?”

“….”

“Randolf?!”

He finally says something. “How the heck did you do that?”

“I listened to your voice. You told the truth. You’re going to Germany.”

“Okay. For another week’s lunches, what city.”

“Tell me the name of one.”

“Hamburg.”

“Düsseldorf…. Am I right?”

“Lucy, you can’t tell anybody. When I get back, you, your father, my superior, and I need to have a long talk.”

“I was right, wasn’t I?”

“All right. Flowers and two weeks of lunches, but…. You have to explain how you do that when we all get together. And you missed two.”

“No, I didn’t. I just didn’t have enough information to be certain of them yet. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. That makes forty of you. I like red roses by the way.”

“Okay, Princess, red roses it is.”

“Randolf?”

“Yeah?”

“Let’s go to the embassy. I’ll try to stay as long as I can but if I start screaming, rush me out of there.”

“Deal, Princess. Your office okay?”

“My office?”

“For the roses.”

“Yes. Thank you.”

“Somehow I have the feeling I’ve been snookered.”

“Any time you want to do it again….” I’m smiling.

“Never mind.”

“If it’s any consolation. I can do it for almost half of the thirty-nine other men.”

“You, my dear, are a security risk.”

“Why? Just because I’m smart? You men think a woman is good for nothing but making babies and cleaning up? I’ll bet my IQ is higher than yours!” Oh, Lucy, that was a sucker bet.

“You’ve got a bet, for the two weeks of lunches. If mine is higher, then I don’t need to buy them. If yours is higher, then I’ll double it to four weeks.”

“Deal. A hundred and eighty-eight.”

“Prove it.”

“That’s easy. It’s in my 201 file. My high school test scores in ROTC placed me at the 99.97 percentile. After going active duty, I learned fourteen languages, fairly fluently, both reading and speaking, in less than four years. While on my assignment in Vietnam, I detected a pattern in enemy arms shipments, based on my analysis of the flow of arms through the country, that allowed us to locate four big munitions dumps before they changed their sites. I was responsible, at the rank of Captain, to report directly to Command in Saigon with my analysis of field reports. The only Captain, at that time, who had their ear. All of my reports were spot on. What’s your IQ?”

Almost whispering, Randolf answers, “One eighty-five.”

“Thank you. Two dozen red roses and four weeks of lunches I believe you said?

Do you want to play some more?” my voice is triumphant but not derisive.

“No, thanks. I know a winning hand when I see it.”

“Randolf, you don’t have to buy me all those lunches. One week would be really nice. I would like to have the roses though. Is that okay?”

“Sure thing, Princess. And I always pay my bets.”

“Well, then might I hold three week’s worth to use for one visit at some civilian restaurant, after I get to know you a little better?”

“Sure. You name the place and I’ll find a day we can do it.”

“I’m not a cheap date, Randolf.”

“That’s fine. But I’m going to pass the word not to bet against you.”

I start laughing, then he does too.

“I’ve got to go, Princess.”

“Promise you’ll be careful?”

“I’m always careful.”

“Promise?”

“Okay, I promise I’ll be careful.”

“Thank you. Randolf, this conversation…. I enjoyed it. Thanks.”

“You got it, Princess. I’ve got to go.”

“Okay. Promise you’ll call me when you get back?”

“I promise, Princess. Bye….”

“Bye….”

I like him. Maybe this will work out okay. At least I have a way of getting home, and an escort to get me here, even if I fall apart.

I hear Father and Mother come home sometime during the night. As usual, Mom comes down to check on me. I pretend I’m sleeping and she just pulls up my covers a little so I stir and roll over then settle down again. She leaves my room and I listen to her go back to their’s. There are a few minutes of muffled conversation and then it begins to quiet down.

-o~O~o-

I wake up about a minute before my alarm clock is due to go off. Clicking it off, I begin my morning routine. Now that I’ve had the night to sleep on the impulsive actions I followed last night I find that I’m not all that frightened. I don’t quite know why, since every other time I’ve contemplated going, I’ve woken up terrified. In fact, I’m almost looking forward to it. I’m a bit concerned for Randolf, though. I hope he’ll be okay.

Besides, I don’t know where I could find another escort as understanding as he seems to be. I may just imagine the rumor mill going round and round when he gives me flowers. Red roses at that. I can just imagine Father’s reaction. Not pretty! I’d better mention to him that I won a bet and Randolf has to give me red roses as payment.

-o~O~o-

The roses show up in the afternoon. They were quite a surprise, since I didn’t expect them until sometime after he’s scheduled to return. Father looks at them and at me with suspicion in his eyes. I hand him the card, ‘Here’s to a better ‘poker’ player, Red as specified – Randolf.’ He still doesn’t believe it.

A few hours later, Daddy calls me to his office again. As I walk into the reception area, Kathy, his secretary, looks at me and gives me the high sign. I stop long enough to see what’s going on.

“There’s an Air Force General and your Dad’s boss in there. You’ll have to wait.”

“Daddy called me and told me to report to him.”

Her eyes light up with, ‘Are you in some kind of trouble?.’

She leans to the intercom, saying, “General, your daughter is here,” but is looking at me expectantly.

I send back, ‘I don’t think so. I’ve no idea what’s going on.’

“Send her in.”

I go face the firing squad, giving Daddy my best salute. “Major Jackson reporting as ordered, Sir.” I’m testing the waters.

He waves his hand at me and points to the chair at the end. “Sit down, Lucy.”

I flow into the chair with my most ladylike deportment. Well, it never hurts…. If you’re enough of a young lady, then the men feel protective rather than wanting blood.

“I suppose you know what this is all about?”

“I’m not sure. Does it have something to do with the conversation Randolf and I had last night? I just may return the flowers.”

The Air Force General and Daddy’s boss look confused.

“Flowers?”

Daddy is trying hard not to start laughing, since he remembers my use of this tactic. He’s been on the receiving end of it a number of times and it still catches him.

“Yes, Sir. The roses I won when I won our bet.”

“Your bet? Young lady, do you mind if I’m a little confused here?”

“Confused, Sir?”

“Yes. We’re here because of a breach of Security reported to us by Lieutenant Colonel Scott. I don’t see what this has to do with flowers.”

“Randolf is Lieutenant Colonel Scott and I won the bet. He promised me flowers and four weeks of lunches at the cafeteria if I could correctly name his destination on an upcoming trip. It wasn’t quite as simple as it sounds, Sir. I figured out that he goes to collect Intel every so often and it slipped out, so we began verbally sparring over the secure line and I bet him I could guess the country he was going to. He didn’t believe me and set up the bet, which he lost. Then he tried to recoup part of his losses, but I won that part too by accurately guessing — although it was more logic than a guess — the city he’s visiting.”

“What about the others.”

“The oth…? Oh, I knew who they were already, just as I knew about Randolf. I’m an Intelligence analyst, Sir. I read or watch things and perform logical deductions. I pegged most of them accurately and suspected the rest. I’d already decided that the thirty-nine of them did the same thing that Randolf does. About half of them I’ve heard in the cafeteria in passing, so I know their tonal inflections, although not as well as I know Randolf’s, because I don’t work with them. But with the one’s I’m more certain of, I could probably deduce a lot about their missions if I needed to, Sir.”

Daddy’s boss looks like he’s about to have a stroke. The Air Force General just looks sick.

“I warned you, Bill. My daughter is extremely good at analytical deduction. Why don’t you give her a little test? Let her show you, from the wings of course, say about ten of the men she’s fairly certain of, and let’s see if she can deduce their actual assignment destinations after each them have told her their cover story, without any of the others knowing about it, of course. She’ll write down as much as she suspects concerning each one she meets. Without telling her anything compromising, you’ll be able to judge the accuracy of her conclusions for yourselves. See how well she does. It might be a challenge that could cause us to change the way we create our cover stories. If she can do it, then so could someone else. What do you say?”

“I like it. If she can actually do this, then we’re in deep trouble and need to make some changes. How do you feel about this, young lady?”

“Do I get to keep my roses?”

They all start laughing and after five or ten seconds, “Tell you what. If you get eight out of ten right then I’ll see to it you have roses on your desk every week for a year. How’s that sound?”

“When do I get to win my roses?”

Daddy starts laughing again.

“She’s certainly sure of herself, isn’t she, Phillip.”

“My daughter was always outspoken. She just suckered you.”

“You mean you think she’ll be able to do this?”

“I’m not going to say a thing. Just wait and see. Why do you think she does my Intel analysis? I have only the best personnel.”

“All right, young lady. Since you’re so sure of yourself, we’re going to give you a harder challenge. We’ll prepare better cover stories for the men you select and you have to get seventeen out of twenty right. Ten will get you your Roses, seventeen will get you Lieutenant Colonel, acting, not pay grade. But if you are as good as Phillip says, then you’ll have the pay as well, after a year in rank. Deal?” He holds his hand out to me. I think about it for a second then take and shake it as I say, ” The same terms as when Randolf and I bet?”

“Which were?”

“I get to provide three answers for the country and up to three per country for the city of destination.”

“Agreed.” I’m still hanging on to his hand.

“And if I get all twenty correct?”

“You’re a little imp, aren’t you?” he says with a smile on his face, “Okay, make it ten and seventeen out of twenty-five, not twenty, and if you get all twenty-five, then you get not only the rank but the grade. Deal?”

He can tell that I’m thinking about it. Twenty-five? That’s going to be hard. Even seventeen will be pushing it. Oh, well. Nothing comes from nothing….

I give him a sigh, “I think I just saw my Lieutenant Colonel insignia fly out the window, Sir…, but, yes, it’s a deal.”

It’s nearly a week before I see all twenty-five men and hear their cover stories. This is a lot harder than deducing assignments given to Randolf. I’m going to be lucky if I get my roses. They take my deductions and don’t tell me if I’m right or wrong.

They just go off with my answers each time.

I’ve continued to pester Daddy to find out what happened to the TacPzlSolGp but he tells me he’s come up against a stone wall. I still carry that ID and crest in my purse, but I haven’t heard anything about them for some time now.

That makes me a little sad. I worked so hard to get them up to the capacity they were showing there at the last and I think they were enjoying it too. I know they continued to exist for a while, since they wouldn’t have been given the increases in rank otherwise. Somehow they just vanished.


1996_pcc.jpg To Be Continued...
 
 
 
© 2008, 2009 by T D Aldoennetti & Rénae Dúmas. This work may not be replicated or presented in whole or in part by any means electronic or otherwise without the express consent of the Author (copyright holder) or her assigned representative. ALL Rights Reserved, including but not limited to ownership of Characters, final content decision, and more. This is a work of Fiction. All the characters and events portrayed in this book are fictional and any resemblance to real people or incidents past, present or future is purely coincidental. An Aldoennetti Original.

 
 

up
220 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Original comments to this story

Puddintane's picture

Lucy And Randolf:)

Look like a sweet couple. Now there are two questions to answer besides the one about the cad.
May Your Light Forever Shine

Wow, Roses every day for a

Wow, Roses every day for a year! Plus moving back up in grade! Go Lucy!
I can see a bet being won and I do believe she will come in contact once more with her Intel unit and the people she trained. I think the "boss" and the AF general will both be shocked at her information that she gives them after her meetings with the various 25 personnel.

wow, I just discovered a web site...

which has absolutely nothing to do with my story but I was stunned, delerious, overjoyed to discover it. You all probably knew about it all along but I think it's great and shows a bit about where we may go as women.

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/TSsuccesses.html

I hope you all think it is as "cool" as do I.

1955-12y5m.jpg
On the day I was born,Said my mather, said she.
I've an elegant legacy Waitin' for ye,
'Tis a rhyme for your lips And a song for your heart
To sing it whenevr' your world falls apart.

Lynne Conway Is An Example To All Of Us!

Lynne Conway has been an example to me for as long as I have known I was TS. She is always willing to help other girls along the road and she has set a wonderful example for all of us to follow!

Hugs,

Jen

Not that smart

She still didn't get the guy's phone number.

The Mossaud Would Take Care Of The Creep

If Israeli Security gets involved, the creep will regret the day he was born. They certainly took care of the terrorists from the '72 Olympics in Munich. I am going to get a good laugh when it turns out that she is right on all twenty-five covers too. Never underestimate a woman will be a valuable lesson for the General.

Hugs,

Jen

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

Just this...

Andrea Lena's picture

...he calls her Princess...Ah...romance!


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Beautiful

terrynaut's picture

I love the artwork. Is it watercolor? It looks like watercolor. I'm not usually fond of watercolor paintings but there are notable exceptions, like those roses!

Beautiful, just like your inner woman, 'drea.

- Terry

Air Force Sweetheart-26

What better way to recover than Air Force Sweetheart meeting her Prince?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Trouble

You Know if Teddi is able to this for real, Now I know why she is no longer with us! Richard

Richard

I remember talking to Teddi

I remember talking to Teddi (e-mail), when she had originally posted this delightful story and we were ruminating about Tan Son Nhut Air Base and the Siagon area. I had mentioned to her then that altho she declared this story fictional, there were too many things in it that had me convinced she was writing a lot about herself. She wrote me back one time and asked me if I had ever heard about the Col, Maj, and the Captains coming into TSN and told her "yes", at one classified briefing I was in. She replied and in doing so, you could tell she was laughing, as she said "WE didn't exist". I do miss this amazing woman, especially as I re-read this story and think about her. Jan

Fascinating

terrynaut's picture

I don't think I'd be any good at military intelligence analysis but this part of the story really fascinates me. I guess it's the analytical nerd in me.

I had to read the next couple chapters in succession without stopping last night, and of course I kept an eye out for romance as well as the analytical stuff. Dreamy.

Thanks to y'all who've been puttin' this here stuff out.

- Terry