My Mistake: Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version
My Mistake: Chapter 20
Samantha Jenkins

In which we almost make it to our first class as Morgan...



Chapter 20
 
 
Mr. Thompson, Katie and I all walked up to room 212, which was Katie and mine's english classroom. We stopped out side the door. The tardy bell had rung some half an hour ago. Mr. Thompson opened the door and Mrs. Snider turned to see who happened to be interrupting her class. Mr. Thompson motioned her over toward the door. She walked over and looked at me.

“What can I do for you, Mr. Thompson?” She asked.

I toyed with the hem of my skirt unconsciously. I took a look around the room, some of the girls were whispering to each other and some of the boys looked like they were trying to figure out who I was... Katie noticed that I was playing with the hem of my skirt and smiled.

“Mrs. Snider, can you step into the hall with us for a second?” Mrs Snider turned and looked at the class.

“I want every one reading while I’m out in the hall. I will assign detention for any talking.” Mrs. Snider said. Mrs. Snider was one of the stricter teachers in the school. If she said you were going to get a detention for doing something, then by golly you got a detention for doing what ever it was that you were told that you shouldn’t do... She closed the door almost all of the way, but left it open slightly so that she could see if any one was doing anything other than reading.

“Mrs. Snider, this is Morgan. You already know Katie.” Mrs. Snider held out her hand so I could shake it.

“Morgan, you look like someone that I have in my class.” Mrs. Snider said when I shook her hand.

“Who would that be, Mrs. Snyder?” I asked, figuring I already knew the answer.

“You look like a young man in my class named Joshua Smith.” Katie and I looked at each other and smiled. Mrs. Snyder raised an eyebrow.

“Would you mind if I picked up where he left off?” I asked, with a smile. Mrs. Snyder’s eyes widened as she realized that I was Joshua Smith.

“That would be perfectly fine.” She said with a smile Mrs. Snyder could be a fuzzy bunny if she needed to be. “Since class is almost over, reading for tonight is up to the end of Chapter seven of along with a little spiel about what it was that you read, alright?”

Katie and I nodded.

I glanced at the clock that hung off the wall a few feet down the hall from Mrs. Snyder’s class room. Second period was almost over, which meant that we needed to head toward our third period class, which would be Algebra.

up
123 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

No comments?

Is it because of the holidays? I hope so, because it would be rather disappointing if one had given up on this story just as it is beginning to become interesting. I just read the former chapters -again- and I think the story is .., well, nice.

Sorry I can't be more enthusiastic about it, but it lost a little of the early zest from the beginning. Of course the legal battle of past chapters was important and is not something you can easily bring in a playful light-hearted fashion, but I hope that this is been dealt with now. And that now the scene is open to more fun and happiness for Morgan and Katie to enjoy.

I can imagine that the way they both inspire each other in behaviour and clothing may bring a number of little -and not so little- events and scenes where they have to cope, interact, and sometimes overcome, the views and reactions of other kids in school and all around.

Thanks thus far, Kayla. I really enjoyed it.

Jo-Anne

My Mistake: Chapter 20

Nice to see Morgan's story continue. Been wondering about this story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine