Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 864.

Printer-friendly version
Wuthering Dormice
(aka Bike)
Part 864
by Angharad
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

“Wait here,” I instructed Julie when we got into the drive. I ran into the house and found Stella who’d just come out of the shower. I quickly explained the situation to her, watching her eyes get bigger and bigger. I then asked if she’d examine the hapless teenager. She reluctantly agreed.

The kids were still in their respective bedrooms and I told them to stay there. Once the way was clear, I brought in the underdressed teen and escorted her up to Stella’s bathroom. Stella took one look at her and shook her head. “Strip, get in the shower and call me when you’re ready.” Julie nodded and began to strip.

Feeling embarrassed I made my excuses, but Julie asked me to stay. “Julie I’ve got five kids to organise breakfast for.”

“Just five minutes, please, your sister scares me.”

“She frequently terrifies me, okay five minutes.” I watched as she turned her back to me and pulled off the boots, the patterned tights, then a skirt and panties–a thong, there’s a surprise–and finally a bra with breast forms in. The hair was real. She stepped into the shower and ran the water then washed herself. A few minutes later I handed her a towel for her hair and bath sheet for her body.

Stella was summoned and checked out the various bruises. I’d mentioned the facial bruising, there were blue and black patches all over, ribs arms and legs, back and genitals. At least Stella was an expert there. Her opinion was it was mostly superficial although sex or peeing would be painful for a few days and if any significant blood was passed to seek urgent medical advice.

I thanked her and so did Julie, who was at least able to move about now. “What size are you?” I asked.

“A ten.”

“I’m a twelve, okay I’ll see what I’ve got–it might have to be a skirt, ‘cos my bum’s bigger than yours.”

“I’m grateful for whatever you do to help me.”

I shook my head and left her in the bathroom, Simon was still in bed reading.
“Could you get the girls started on breakfast, Si?”

“And the boys, I suppose–where have you been?”

“The university and a long story, can you lay an extra place?”

“Are we having a visitor?”

“She’s here.”

“Oh, anyone I know?”

“No, she’s called Julie and she’s had a hard time–so not too many questions, okay?”

“As if I would?”

“Yes you would.” I grabbed some clothing, panties–my bras would be too big–an old denim skirt with a belt, some tights, an old blue jumper and some knee boots. I dashed off to Stella’s bathroom and gave her the clothes.

I watched as she reused her bra and placed the silicone inserts into the cups–how that took me back–then she pulled on the panties and tucked herself back–more memories. The top fitted quite well, it was getting too small for me, and the skirt wasn’t much too big either. The tights were a bit long–my arse usually takes up quite a bit of them, but they were thick ones and should help keep her warm. It seemed she was the same shoe size as me. So she zipped up the boots and after combing her blonde tresses pronounced herself ready.

I shoved the boots and her other clothing in an old shopping bag, and hid it in the back of my wardrobe until she went. I’d need to look out a few more things if she was going to Brighton, but I could sacrifice some and put her on a train–end of problem. At least she looked like an ordinary teen, not a hooker.

“What’s your surname?” I asked as I led her down to the kitchen, from where came sounds of children’s voices and Simon trying to keep order.

“Kemp.”

“Okay, I’ll introduce you as Julie Kemp, and say you’ve been mugged, okay?” She nodded.

“Thanks for all your help, I don’t what I’d have done without it.”

“I’ll give you a reasonable breakfast and sort you out a couple more things to wear, and send you off to your friend in Brighton.”

“Thanks, that’ll be great.” The look in her eye or tone of her voice told me something wasn’t quite right, but I’d probe a bit more after breakfast.

“Gosh, how big is this place?”

“It has six functional bedrooms plus two more attic rooms, three reception, a huge kitchen and is full of lunatics.” I got a smile for that remark.

“I should feel at home then.”

“Perhaps, let’s go in.” I pushed her through the door and the noise stopped–in fact you could have heard a spoon drop–Danny was the one who dropped it. “Right, everyone, this is Julie. From the right going anticlockwise, that’s Livvie, Billy, Trish, Mima, Danny, the big one is Simon–he’s my husband, the wrinkled one behind him is Tom or Gramps, Stella you’ve already met.

“Right folks, Julie met with a bit of an accident early this morning, but she’s feeling better now. So please give her some space, not too many questions you nosy lot. Billy if you shove any more cornflakes in that dish there won’t be any room for milk, will there? C’mon use your loaf.”

Just then the toaster pinged and Simon pulled out the charred bread and popped in two more slices. I decided we needed a bigger toaster.

Danny suddenly became very chivalrous and helped her to a seat next to his, he got her a dish and a spoon and passed her some cereal. He even went and got her the milk and later some toast. She ate like she hadn’t for a couple of days.

I made some tea and poured out half a dozen mugs of the hot fluid. Julie had one with sugar. I re-boiled the kettle and set another pot to brew, eating a slice of toast while I did so.

I watched the interaction between the teen and the other children, it was quite interesting–they were all bursting to ask her questions but respected my request to give her some space.

“That’s a nasty bruise on your face,” said Trish, unable to keep her peace any longer.

“I fell on the ice,” said Julie, in a very female voice.

“Yes, it can be very slippery, can’t it?” added Danny–he fancied her. I nearly choked on my toast.

After breakfast finished and we cleared up the kitchen, I took Julie into Tom’s study–with his permission. The kids all went out to ride their bikes with Simon going out on his–my God! I nearly fainted, until I realised he’d only be going up and down the road, probably racing the boys.

“Right, Julie Kemp, sit and please answer my questions.”

“I thought you were going to send me to Brighton?”

“There’s time for that. Now date of birth?” I waited while she told me, December 9th 1993. She was barely sixteen. It came out too quickly for it to be a made up job.

“Do your parents know where you are?”

“I doubt it.”

“Why?”

“They more or less kicked me out.”

“They can’t at sixteen.”

“No but I can leave–so I did.”

“For where?”

“I changed at a friend’s house.”

“From boy clothes?”

“Sort of, they were girl’s jeans and fleece with a tee shirt.”

“Who’s this friend?”

“No one you’d know.”

“I thought about getting your clothes back.”

“Oh, might be able to.”

“What were you planning on doing?”

“I wanted to experience life as a girl, went to a club–it was great fun.”

“Is that where the bloke who assaulted you picked you up?”

“Yeah, he was good fun, bought me drinks.”

“Did he know how old you were?”

“I told him I was eighteen.”

“Still, supplying alcohol to a minor is an offence.”

“When did he try it on?”

“In his car–at first it was like, just kissin’ an’ things. Then he shoved his hand up me skirt and...” she looked down at the floor and tears began to flow.

“He discovered your little secret?”

She nodded her answer and grabbed a tissue from the box I pushed over to her.

“Then he called you names, hit you a few times and kicked you out into the cold.”

She nodded again.

I shook my head, “Julie, please promise me something...”

“What?” she sniffed.

“Don’t go trying to pick up boys or men until you’ve got a bit more to offer them. It’s not a game to play unless you know the rules–and that takes experience. Promise me?”

“Yeah, promise.”

“So you can’t go home?”

“No, my dad’ll kill me.”

“Why?”

“He thinks I’m a poof.”

“Even if I took you?”

“He’d wait until you were gone, if he let me in at all.”

“How long have you been dressing as a girl?”

“Not as long as I’d like, but I’ve been buying the odd thing for a year now. I started growing my hair about two years ago.”

“It looks very nice.”

“I got a salon to bleach it for me yesterday.”

“So your father wouldn’t recognise you?”

“Not at first, then he’d beat me up.” I knew that experience.

“What about your mum?”

“She does what he tells her.”

“Officially, I should hand you over to the police or social services.”

“You wouldn’t would you?” she had real panic in her voice.

“Relax–I said I should, I didn’t say I would.”

She sat down again, “What are you going to do with me?”

“I don’t know. What about this friend in Brighton, tell me about them.”

“He’s about twenty, likes girly-boys and we chat over the internet.”

“I don’t think he sounds particularly suitable. What about school?”

“I wanted to do an apprenticeship.”

“In what?”

“Hairdressing.”

“Okay, that sounds reasonable, but you’ll need to register with a college or something.”

“I’d have to do that as a boy–I’d rather die.”

“Julie–the way you’re going, that’s a distinct possibility. You have nowhere to go, your parents don’t know where you are and neither do the powers that be. Right, we need to try and find somewhere for you to stay but first, you must speak to your mother and tell her you’re safe.” I handed her the phone–“Here, don’t worry it’s an unlisted number.”

She took the phone and dialled. “Hello Mum, it’s me–yeah I’m okay, I’m staying with friends. Dunno, maybe never. Bye.” She rang off before I could grab the phone.

I took it and hit redial, she looked astonished. “Hello, this is Cathy. Look I picked up your child in a back street in Portsmouth in the early hours, he’d nearly frozen to death.

“Was John dressed as a boy or a girl?”

“A girl, and he’d been assaulted.”

“Oh my God, I kept telling him to stop it, his dad’ll kill ‘im when ‘e finds out.”

“So don’t tell him.”

“I’ll ‘ave to.”

“Why, I’m sure this won’t be the first secret you’ve kept from him, will it?”

“No, I s’pose not.”

“Right, has John been to see a specialist in gender matters?”

“No, why should ‘e?”

“Because he thinks he’s a girl, and at this moment, I’m inclined to agree with him.”

“What sort of woman are you–leadin’ my boy on like that?”

“I’m going to ask him to see a friend of mine, who happens to be a very well qualified psychiatrist with experience of transgender children.”

“How dare you–you bring ‘im ‘ome, you ‘ear me?”

“What so you can beat him up, or let your husband do such a thing? I’ve a good mind to report you to the NSPCC, if I do–they’ll be very interested in you both. So will social services.”

“You bring ‘im ‘ome, you pervert, I’ll report you to the police for kidnapping.”

“Not before I report you for child abuse, and I think they’ll pay me more attention than you.”

“Just because you sound posh, don’t mean you’re right.”

“John didn’t want to call you, I can see why now. I shall be speaking with social services later,” I glanced at Julie and she went quite pale. “So don’t worry, your child will be quite safe in my house, and is free to go if she pleases.”

“She–he’s a bloody boy, you pervert.”

“Goodbye, Mrs Kemp.” I cut off the call, “I see what you mean.”

“You’re not gonna tell social services are you?”

“I have to, Julie. If they’re happy, you can stay here until we find you somewhere more appropriate.”

“What? I can stay here? As a girl?”

“Yes–is that a problem?”

She just burst into tears, and threw herself at me, “I don’t know what to say,” she hugged me, “Thank you so much.”

I put my arm around her, “It’s okay, Julie, it’s okay

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting...

Still a lot more to find out, but a very interesting start.

So many "problems" to come, but, many possibilities as well. Thanks for sharing Julie with us.

Annette

Yep, another "lost sheep" to

Yep, another "lost sheep" to the fold. Cathy is really getting quite a brood going and I do hope that Danny doesn't find out Julie's little secret. If Cathy winds up dealing with the woman from Social Services that she dealt with on previous occassions, I do hope her "Title" will set the S.S. workers back on the heels. Jan

Whatever next

How is Cathy going to sort this one out, and there may be a problem with Danny if he fancies her too.
Can not wait for the next episode. Keep up the good work
poppykin

And one more makes six!

Imagine the banter in Portsmouth's Children's Team's office when they receive three separate fostering requests (Danny, Billy, Julie) and a CP enquiry / ICS referral (Julie) from Cathy within the next few days... especially bearing in mind they'll already have records for Mima, Trish and Livvie (with Cathy currently undergoing an adoption assessment for those three).

And no doubt in the next few episodes Julie will find out exactly how special her new home is - and I bet it will only take a week or two for Trish, Livvie and Mima to start referring to her as "Big Sis" - especially once Trish and Julie find out how similar they are...

 
 
--Ben
CP - Child Protection
ICS - Integrated Childrens System, a standardised assessment process for children's social care, as part of the ECM (Every Child Matters) agenda.


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Worth the wait

Angharad, your teaser yesterday had the effect of heightening my anticipation for today's installment, and I was not disappointed.

This episode raises as many questions as it answers, and the events of the next few days and weeks will be interesting to anticipate and watch.

Obviously, Cathy has to instigate more housecleaning at the local constabulary. She's already dealt with two incompetents, and the recent visitor wasn't much better (even though Simon put him right). Action needs to be taken to ensure that Julie's tormentor gets his just desserts. At least Cathy has credibility with the appropriately named Superintendent Strange, and I eagerly await the fireworks from that direction.

Police Scrutiny

I hope

Cathy doesn't forget PC Bond, who seems competent AND sympathetic.

Julie may become the help Cathy needs around the house to be able to take on the other 5.

But Angharad, Cheaper by the dozen has already been done, dear.

Holly

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

You can't fix the world

But you can try.

I wonder how this will go?

Khadijah

Well i guess

that answered the question in my comment yesterday about house size, I can see now Tom lives in a seriously BIG house, Probably just as well given Cathys love of picking up waifs and strays!!!

Julie does not realise yet just how lucky she has been, Okay getting beat-up was bad, But luck was on her side when she was found by Cathy.... As yet Julie is not aware how much Cathy know's about the problems of TG children....She soon will!! If anyone can sort out Julie's life and put her on the right track its our feisty little fighter, Heaven help the authorities who get in the way of Cathy when she is on a mission to right a wrong It could be nasty, It could be bloody,....But be sure of one thing.....Cathy will not give up until she wins!!!

Kirri

Clairvoyant?

To Cathy's many other powers, we now need to add clairvoyance. How else could she have known Julie's boy name? She never asked, and Julie never said. No mention of peeking at a wallet or id. Unless she heard his name spoken by his Mum over the telephone? It's a bit untidy without letting on how she got his name.

From

Angharad's picture

Julie's mother, should have made that clearer. Sorrrrreeeeeeee!

Angharad

Angharad

John/Julie

It just needs a one-word change:

Was John dressed as a boy or a girl?”

Pronoun Substitution

When Cathy redialed Julie's parents' number,

The mother clearly identified the child as John, then went on to be a right b*tch about her child being TG, including calling Cathy a pervert.

Magic!

Angharad,

what a surprise. You are Magic!

hugs,

Briar

Briar

Need Cathy's address

I figure if I fall off a bike in a dress in her neighborhood I will be set for life :)

LOL

and LOL again.

Alternatively...

Grab directions to Penmarris Cove - rumour has it there are at least three transgendered and one intersexed in the village...
And if you happen to have an artistic nature, so much the better - it's an ideal location to make changes to your lifestyle :)

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Christine doesn't have

Angharad's picture

an autistic nature - how dare you!

Angharad ;)

Angharad

I can't paint either!

Thank you for defending my virtuals too!
Now where did I leave that bike?

Saving the world

Sure, Cathy can't save the world, but she is certainly doing her best to improve the part of it she calls "home". This was entirely what I expected to happen. I also knew what was going to happen when I started reading "Tom Sawyer", but the way it is told is what makes it so delightful. And like ol' Sam our Angharad has a wonderful way with words.

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Wow! A comparison with Mark Twain

Angharad's picture

I've arrived kids!

Angharad
(Sis, I'll send the money in used notes as we agreed).

Angharad

Bike pt 864

Now Cathy can truly pay forward on her debt to Stella and the Camerons by helping Julie. It's evident that she's purty enuff for the boy.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Battle lines are drawn..

It's a good thing Julie's mom doesn't know where S/he is. The family seems so much like Cathy's. If Cathy was not going to bring Julie into the fold before that conversation, it is certain she will be added now. Won't Cathy need a license or something if she becomes the guardian of more than a certain number of children? Aren't they running out of rooms at Tom's house? Maybe they can construct an annex.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

*Snort* Wait until

the kids ( however many ) bring home their own strays.

'But mommy, you took in all us strays!"

Now how is she going to take in Julie. It's going to cause a swirl of problems, I can see that coming!

Kim

I can just hear Trish

"But Mommy, she followed me home! Can I keep her? Please?" They can call this "Cathy's Home For Misunderstood Children and Wildlife Sanctuary".

k

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Waifs & strays

Seems like Prof. Agnew's house is becoming quite a collection of waifs and strays. . .

Cathy can't heal the whole world, or can she?

3 girls, who used to be boys.

I suspect the cat is coming out of the bag sooner than later.

Cathy is known at the police station, so I don't expect problems there. I wonder what happened to the two former cops?

Talk about falling into a bucket of s**t, and coming up roses

Along with not dying of hyperthermia, having Cathy find you was like hitting the lottery.
Julie wants to study hairdressing uh. Stella, we have a student for you.
I bet down the road her wish may come true.

Cefin