Why Aren’t You Wearing Your Favorite Skirt?

Printer-friendly version

Mother: Peter, why aren’t you wearing your favorite skirt?
Peter: The other boys will laugh at me!

Mother: That’s not true. They’ve told me how cute you look in it. You are not leaving the house in those awful old jeans.
Peter: But Mom...
Mother: No buts young man. Go upstairs and change at once!
Peter: But Mom, I can’t wear my favorite skirt when we play baseball!
Mother: Oh...

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh...

Andrea Lena's picture
...if we could only turn back time?

 
She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Ah

but in the film they weren't to happy to play in skirts either.

Bru

Well he was kind of right though.

in 1943 the All American Girls Professional Baseball League was formed. It was disbanded in 1954 which was really disappointing, because the women of this country need their own professional baseball league today. The AAGPBL was the subject of a movie called A League Of Their Own. But today though, the women would be wearing standard baseball uniforms.

So Peter was right, he can't wear his "favorite" skirt when he is sliding into home.

Thank you for sharing Bru. Your liitle dittys are really cute.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Very neat short, short

Very neat short, short story. I noticed all the comments regarding The All American Girls Professional Baseball League and wanted to inform everyone who might be interested that there IS a new league being formed. Right now it has 6 cities involved, mainly in the Southern US, and this league is being "fronted" by the Majors. I got to meet several of these players; as well as getting to meet some of the Ladies of the old League and get their autographs, when my family and I traveled to St. Louis, MO this past year for the All-Star Game. We went there to see one of our grandson's playing in a special "Little League" series. His team and others in his system are sponsored by the Major League team they represent, his being the Seattle Mariners, as that is where we are all from originally. The Majors take care of ALL the funding for their "little" teams during this series, including getting them there and back home, AND pay for the parents to be with their Child(ren) who are players. However, the players are put up in a separate hotel from the parents during their stay, but do have Chaperones during their entire time. Our grandson's team did much better than the big league team, as they won their all their games but one.

Nicely cute

Jamie Lee's picture

This is a real cute short story.

With a nice little twist at the end.

Others have feelings too.

Popped Up

Daphne Xu's picture

This popped up as a random solo. He could have worn some other skirt for baseball. It might have provided a distraction for the opposing team...

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Well, he could have but

, even though I like skirts, I have to admit that sometimes they aren't practical such as when sliding into home. I like the distraction angle though and used it in another story "No Ball". However, the setting is Cricket and not baseball.

Thank you for commenting one of my old stories. It cheered me up when I needed it :)

Bru

You're welcome.

Daphne Xu's picture

You're welcome.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

I wondered what's wrong with

I wondered what's wrong with baseball in skirt and then remembered that in game's choreography is that posing with one knee raised almost to the chin. Don't know why players do this but skirt's definitely not suited for it.

Also sliding home

which I suppose is the reason baseball players don't use shorts either. As to the pose you refer to I know far too little about baseball to have an opinion. I've only watched two games.

Enjoying Baseball

Daphne Xu's picture

Oh, I'm sure baseball would get even more of an audience if they played with skirts. Imagine all the random panty shots that would occur as fielders went for the balls.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.