XX/XY Part 1

Printer-friendly version
XX/XY
Part 1

by Dorothy Colleen

Copyright © 2010 Dorothy Colleen
All Rights Reserved.

 
Part I: Preparation
 
 
When the girl woke, she could hear the Boy crying again. Because of who she was, and what the Boy had done for her, she cried too. She had been where he was now, after all. But she could not give in to the sorrow. She had made a promise in the Boy’s name, and meant to keep it.

She got up carefully, and went to get ready. It was a big day for her, and so she wanted and needed to look her best. Her long imprisonment had not helped her looks, but she allowed herself a moment of pride when she looked in the mirror and saw that the scars were hardly visible anymore.

The strange connection she shared with the Boy was strong today, so focusing her mind, she tried to send him some love. Her thoughts went back to when they were kids and they discovered this odd bond they shared. When she was being held captive, it was that link that gave her the strength to endure.

She had become angry when she realized that the Boy had forgotten her, but then she realized that he had buried all memory of those years to save himself form having to remember the torture they had both been put through. When he become a man, he rediscovered the link, and bravely faced his own demons to strengthen it. He had dreams of them both being free, but his plans failed and while she was released, it was now his turn to be held captive

She thought about the complex and even contradictory emotions they felt together. On the one hand, she was now free, and it was such a sweet nectar she could drown in it. To do things which she had only dreamed of, to feel, to move as she pleased, to choose her own path, to touch, to love . . .

On the other hand, the cost had be almost more than she could bear. To have the Boy captured in her place, and worse, to be blamed for his loss by those who had loved him most was heartbreaking to her. Thanks to the link, she knew him better than anyone, did they really think she would cause him or those he loved pain on purpose?

But she steeled herself, and turned from her regrets. Today, she would fulfill her vow, and she would share her joy with him through their link. Then, she would draw as near to him as she dared and use their bond to take from him as much of his sorrow as she could bear.

But, to do that, she knew she would need all her strength, and what she did today would be critical in achieving that goal. First things first, she told herself. It was almost time to go.
 
 
End of Part 1
 
 
To Be Continued...

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Duality ? Definitely !

ALISON

A lovely piece and I think that there is a lot of our girl Dorothy in there.
Thank you.

ALISON

I feel somehow...

Andrea Lena's picture

...in your own story, you also reached into my soul as well...I am amazed and sad and scared and in wonder and awe, filled with promise and hope. Thank you once again for weeping with me and saying what I never could but need desperately to hear aloud.
She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

THE GIRL / THE BOY: Part 1

In so few words, tells a tale with all of the emotions of any best seller. It leaves us to fill in the blanks in the story, so artfully crafted that very few could fill in the blanks.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Lovely...

Ole Ulfson's picture

and very well presented.

Thank you for writing this. You speak for most of us.

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

thank you, Ole

Its always nice to see a comment on an old story. Glad you liked it, and thanks for taking the time to comment.

DogSig.png