XX/XY part 2

Printer-friendly version
XX/XY
Part 2

by Dorothy Colleen

Copyright © 2010 Dorothy Colleen
All Rights Reserved.

 
Part II: The Link
 

The Girl arrived at her destination, and soon was ushered into the room where the magician-healers would be able to remove the last of the scars left over from her long imprisonment. She began counting backwards, and suddenly, she was in the Link and the Link was . . .

A field. Green grass, soft hills, a quiet stream . . .

She heard a noise behind her, and turned. She saw the Prison that had been her home too long, and now held the Boy. As she watched, it began to fall apart, collapsing into itself. Soon, it was a pile of dust and smoke, and then it was gone.

But where was the Boy? Her heart began to pound. Then, just when she thought she would burst, he appeared. She had never seen him look so confident, so strong, and there was a glow around him.

“Hello sis.” He said. “I finally figured out how this place works”

“Are you free then?” She asked. “Can we be together like you planned?”

“Yes, and no.” He replied. “I am afraid we are going to have to have a talk.”

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Intriguing...

It'll be interesting to see where things move from here.

Eric

4 panels per episode?

laika's picture

I like it so far, but ooooh these are some short chapters! With as visual as the style seems...

A field. Green Grass, soft hills, a quiet stream...

...it's like a prose webcomic! There's a few I follow, they teach me patience, getting the story in dribbles & drabs.
But hopefully this one will be posted fairly frequently. Interesting premise, lotsa tantilizing unknowns for me to wonder at...
~~~hugs, Laika

The girl/the boy part 2

Oh when a sacrifice for love can cause such joy! Yet, there is more!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I think I see...

Ole Ulfson's picture

or rather perceive from within myself where this is going and it's a little sad, but it's like life is.

Thank you for this,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

a little sad, yes

But sometimes, life is about choices, and that can be sad sometimes.

Thanks for commenting, Ole.

DogSig.png