Why?

Printer-friendly version
Why

Why does it always seem
I can’t…
She’s tired…
He’s sad and tired
And I’m no help at all

Why do I wrestle with ghosts
I mustn’t
She needs me
He needs me
And I’m no help at all

Why do I wrestle with me
I shouldn’t
She’s not well
He’s overwhelmed
And we're no help at all

Why do I struggle
I needn’t
She loves me
He respects me
But I’ve no faith at all

So why do I bother
Because
She’s tired… She needs me… She’s not well
But she loves me even if she doesn’t know it’s me she loves
He’s sad and tired… He needs me… He’s overwhelmed
But he respects me even if he doesn’t know it’s me he respects
And I’m there for them, even if they don’t know that it’s me
And I hope

up
60 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hope ..

ALISON

That other person is always there with all of us.Thank you for sharing ,dear one.

ALISON

Morning Gram...Morning Mom...

Another beautiful ALD piece. I love the wat you voice the conflicting side we all experience from time to time. I kind of see it as an expression of caring or we wouldn't be conflicted.

Love ya both to pieces...

Lil' Brat

Why?

This could very well be the inner battle in any woman, here. Me, I can see this as the inner battle being won.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Another marvelous little piece my dear...

This could very well be the inner battle in any person. Me, I can see it as a never ending conflict we call life!

Mea the Magnificent

BTW...they really let anyone post a comment here...don't they. Brahahahahahaha

Beautiful sentiment.

Sometimes I think God gave us our inner woman not to conflict us, but to be there to help when our other side is so overwhelmed. Whether others see "her" doesn't really matter at these times, she is there anyway. But you say it so eloquently.

Bless you my sister, you will get through this.

Hugs
Carla

The inner self is always there,

looking over our shoulders to make sure we are safe. Okay, many parents beat their "sons" in the hopes that they will act like "men". But what the parents are really doing is, is dealing with their own insecurities and they don't know what else to do.

He might not have been a good son, but she could have been a wonderful daughter...if only the parents stopped to think first before reacting. But because parents react first, the inner us is always there, screaming to be let out, screaming to be loved and respected. And that is a crying shame.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Everybody knows this from the Bible and yet, the so-called Christian element does exactly opposite of how they want to be treated. "Judge not thy neighbor falsely". But the so-called Christian element goes right ahead and ignores this little ditty in the name of preservation of the species...and yet...and yet...and yet...along comes she anyway. It is time we reminded the so-called Christian element of the sins they are committing in judging us because of their fears and insecurities and doing to us what they don't want done to them.

This little ditty hits home for most of us, even those of us lucky enough to have acceptance and support at an early age. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."