Aisling : 1

Printer-friendly version

Prudence stared at me in wonder.

"Judy," her lips finally formed an eternity and a moment later, "what the hell are you talking about?"

Aisling
Part 1

by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Profile

Fordist, Aisling

Miss Fordist seems, until one realizes her point of view, highly misandristic to a high degree. When circumstances are discovered, there has not been one male agent that could stomach being around her, realizing what they would be putting her through. Every female agent tends toward wondering why she is not more misandristic. The only successful agents to date have been possessed of intersex conditions of their own.

*** The remainder of this report is classified Ultraviolet Clearance ***

Dammit.

Why the hell can't I find out anything about this chick? Well, I dunno if I count as, "possessed of intersex condition," or not, but... what the hell?

"Prudence!"

Of course there's no answer... which I discover when I stand up and peek over the cubicle wall is because she's not there. Is the world out to frustrate me today?

I put aside the thoughts -- and the folder -- and continue my work for about two hours before I hear my own name hissed in a pseudo-whisper.

"Judy!"

For just a moment, I consider ignoring her, as she did me earlier.

Yes, I know she wasn't there. Never let reality interfere with a good grudge. Shut up.

"What?"

I hear the creaking of her chair as she leans back and pushes it backward to roll along the carpeted office floor as she maneuvers to peek around the wall separating us.

"I think I did it today... 2:11.8 on Barlow!"

I giggled and answered, "Nope. Has to be below two-ten flat. And... I got a new file today. Says agents have to be intersex. Would you count me among intersexed women, or just intersexed individuals, were you to count me or to be counting intersexed women or intersexed individuals in the first place if such an occasion were to arise that you were in need of counting such things as intersexed women or intersexed individuals in the first place -- which is not to imply that there is anything odd or normal either one about the business, pasttime, or even whim that would find one in such a position as mentioned, that being the counting of intersexed women or intersexed individuals which may or may not include myself as such a candidate agent to be listed amongst such a hypothetically necessary or unnecessary list?"

Prudence stared at me in wonder.

"Judy," her lips finally formed an eternity and a moment later, "what the hell are you talking about?"

I think I fried her brain. Hey, if the stereotype is that Chinese restauranteurs serve, 'Fly Lice,' instead of, 'Fry Rice,' -- would fried brain come out as, 'flied blain,' y'think? Why am I having so many anti-PC thoughts today?

Oh. She's waiting for an answer.

"Er... I was handed a new casefile from the high muck-de-mucks today. Take a look," I handed her the file, "so would I count as one of those?"

She scanned the short file and then looked at me, somewhere between amused and annoyed.

"Close enough for government work -- which this is."

Trust Prudence to make the really obvious pun. Well. Or me.

"Is that okay? I mean. Um. Is it a bad thing to be ... that?" I put the question out there like it had a communicable disease.

"What? Why would it be a bad thing?"

"So is that a, 'No,' then?"

"Um. Yes."

"Yes it's a bad thing?"

"No! Yes it's a, 'No,' to your question asking if it's a bad thing."

"Oh! So is it a good thing?"

"It's a thing. It's not really good or bad, just like being able to understand what you're talking about isn't technically good or bad."

"Thanks! Hey... wait..."

She waved me off and got back to work, so I did the same... I guess I'm going to meet with Miss Aisling Fordist. Aisling...

That's Irish, or Welsh... or Scottish or something... right?

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Aisling

Irish for 'vision poem' (yeah, I'm blatantly ripping off Wikipedia), where Ireland is portraied as a woman.

The only disclosed information given hints at males feeling they are making her uncomfortable, and females being not completely understanding.

Judy's bureaucratistic tirade was funny though understandably hard to understand. So far, the setting is very unclear, let's see what's going to happen next.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Irish

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

I went to babynames.com

AISLING

The meaning of the name Aisling is Vision, Dream

The origin of the name Aisling is Irish

Notes: Pronounced ASH-ling.

Hugs
Patricia
([email protected])
http://members.tripod.com/~Patricia_Marie/index.html

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper ubi femininus sub ubi

PS, I also tried Onelook dictionary, and they directed me to Wiki for misandristic as well.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

I had to go wiki also

Misandry (redirect from Misandristic)
Misandry (mɪˈsændri) is hatred (or contempt) of men or boys . Misandry comes from Greek misos (μῖσος, "hatred") and anēr, andros (ἀνήρ, ...