The Dukes -3-

Printer-friendly version

Jobo thought about the fine honey Dee Dee Ortiz that he had just left. She was Mexican, with long black hair, beautiful full lips, and a fine behind too. She was some body that he would feel real good having on his arm as he strolled though the neighborhood. But that backpack she was carrying was just like the one that Joey Perez had on when he whipped Jobo earlier today. They had to be contacted some how. She must know Joey or something. All the kids in that neighborhood shopped at Gimbles so it could be nothing but maybe it was more then that. Maybe that chick was carrying Joey’s backpack so Joey could get away. Maybe she was Joey’s lady? Maybe she was a way to get to Joey. Jobo was certain that he wanted to see that girl again real soon. Jobo considered the options about getting even with Joey. He was shaken by what happened today. Joey got him earlier, bad enough. Joey messed him up too. Joey is the leader of the Dukes and his main rival in the neighborhood. Joey really pissed him off. He was getting angrier with every passing minute. That chick Dee Dee Ortiz was the key to getting to Joey Perez he reasoned.

Dee Dee arrived home about a half an hour late. Bella was surprised to see her dressed and coming home that way during the day. Joey was always more careful then that. Ever since Bella first learned about her brothers feminine side she had always admired that how he handled the whole thing. At first look he was all boy in every way. He was good in sports, the girls all loved him, and he had a lot of friends. He was the leader of all the neighborhood boys. He had earned that role the hard way. He was respected. With her he was in charge there too. He protected her and took care of Bella. He had for many years. He treated her like she was special, at least to him she was. They could not be any closer. Their situation at home with their Mother working all the time to make ends meet, had thrust them into a strong brother and sister bond. That closeness is what freed Joey to express his femininity so openly in front of Bella. It began when she was about six or seven years old. At least that is when she can point to Dee Dee openly immerging to her. He had always, kind of been showing signs but for Bella she just thought that what Joey did, is what all people did in their homes male and female. Bella for the most part, just had her Mother and Joey. So for example every one always got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around their heads and yet another towel around their chests. Joey had long hair too so it was perfectly natural for him to use the same shampoo and conditioner that she and her mom used. The two of them were together all day so she was use to seeing him in a nightgown when they awoke every morning. As they got dressed for the day’s chores around the house Joey would teacher Bella about dressing and how to make her self look pretty. Joey would dry his hair with the drier and she would do the same. Joey would use the moisturizer on his face and she would too. Joey would shape his eyebrows and Bella learned to also. They would both put on makeup before getting dressed. And Joey would teacher her everything about being agirl from her underwear to her outer ware. Growing up Bella thought that she and Joey were the same she had no idea that boys did anything differently then girls. When she turned twelve Joey sat her down and explained how he was different then most boys. He explained to Bella that most boys didn’t ware skirts, blouses, and makeup. He explained that for them to remain sisters she had to keep what they did between just them. She remembered that day when they showed their mother that Dee Deelived in their home too. Mom was coming home that night and was taking a much need three day long weekend. She had worked the night shift that Friday and would not have to go to any of her three jobs until Monday morning. Bella and Dee Dee had gotten up early that day and made sure that the house was spotless and that breakfast was ready for their Mothers return home. They had gotten dressed and Dee Dee explained that today Mom would be meeting Dee Dee for the first time. Joey had set everything up and planed this day for a long time. Bella stood looking in the mirror dressed in a yellow top, and a denim skirt. She had a yellow head band in her hair. Standing behind her was Dee Dee also in a denim skirt and wearing a blue tank top and a head ban too. Both were lightly made up and Bella was proud of herself and her sister. Mother opened the front door and announced “I’m home breakfast smells great.” Bella ran to greet her mother with a big hug and a kiss, carefully wiping the lipglossed kiss from her mother’s cheek. Bella took her mother bags from her and hung her sweater in the closet. “Where is Joey mija” mother asked. “He is not here but Dee Dee is” Bella replied. Mother started to ask “who is Dee Dee when Dee Dee walked out of the kitchen. Mother smiled at her daughter Dee Dee.

Nicky Rivera had moved up the ranks of the Dukes quickly. All the boys were friends first before they were gang members. They had come together for protection when they were very young. In the City therewere lots of dangerous people and some of them lived on the flats. Nicky was a “tall for a Mexican” good looking boy who had developed early in life. He was a boy that had facial hair when he was eleven years old.He and Joey had been friends since he they were in preschool together. Nicky was the leader early even before they were the Dukes. But Joey began to emerge and grow too. Nicky was always in the streets and with some of the guys. Joey had to care for his sister so he was not around as much. Nicky had given the Dukes their name and Joey was his second in command. One day when the “River Rats” came into the neighborhood that all changed. The Rats were older boys sixteen to eighteen. They had been together for a lot longer then The Dukes. The Rats camelooking for the Dukes and saw them as easy pickings. Nicky and Bobby Mudgget stood nose to nose even though Bobby was at lest three years older. Behind Bobby was Lyle Mudgget Bobby’s older brother. Lyle had a big reputation for being a brawler and a very tough kid. Behind Nicky stood Joey and Jude, both a foot shorter then the Mudggets. The fight was epic, the much bigger River Rats had the upper hand and Bobby and Lyle had both taken on Nicky. Nicky went down and was getting “the shoes”, kicked by the Mudggets. Joey got behind the brothers and remembered what his father had taught him about fighting. “Be first and make it count” he thought. Joey lined up Lyle without being scene as the Mudggets were so focused on kicking Nicky while he was down. Joey used a three punch combination to drop Lyle and pretty much end the whole fight. All of the Rats and all the Dukes saw Lyle go down and bang his head on the street. Bobby turned and looked at the Joey in time to see a second combination of a left and a right heading his way as well. Bobby didn’t get knocked out but he did go down to a knee low enough to see the eyes in his brother Lyle roll back into his head. Bobby yelled “we quite” The rats picked up their boys and headed back toward the river.The Dukes rushed to Joey as he helped his friend Nicky get to his feet. It was at that time that the torch had been passed from Nicky Rivera to Joey Perez the new leader of the Dukes.

Dee Dee finished fixing her makeup and she soaking her hand in coldwater. Her hand hurt a little bit from the punches she had thrown in the fight with Jobo. Her shoulder hurt two and was bruised from the one shot that Jobo landed. She had just finished brushing her hair when thephone rang “Hello” she said in a slightly deeper voice then she usually used. “Where were you today” Nicky asked "the Suprees were all over the place today and no one could find you!” “It was no problem brother they were looking for me” Joey answered. “We were worried about you when no one could find you what happened” Nicky asked. “I got into in with Jobo today and I busted his face, he was a little mad about it” Joey added. “I saw him with a bloody towel on his face, it kind of looked like your work, you coming out tonight” Nicky asked? “You guys at the pool hall” Joey asked? “Yeah the guys want to hear about your deal today with Jobo, I’ll see to later then,” Nicky confirmed before hanging up. Joey/Dee Dee put down the phone and adjusted her bra and walked to the kitchen to finish dinner and to help Bella seated at the kitchen table doing her nails. Dee Dee didn’t want to go out that night, she wanted some of the drama to settle down. But if Joey didn’t show at the pool hall Nicky would have plenty to say about it.

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great story, but in need of a bit of formatting and proofreading

I really like the story so far. You have me wondering what is coming next, whether some of the Dukes or Jobo are going to figure/find out about Joey's crossdressing etc. I'm waiting for the continuation with excitement.

This episode does seem to be in need of a little copyediting and formatting work though. Lots of dialogue in a single paragraph is better split up and given separate paragraphs when speaker changes. And there's some spelling errors that mars the reading experience for me.

I agree

A good story with an original plot, but desperately in need of formatting, proofing and editing.

All you have to do is ask.

Susie

Formatting and proofing

Can you help? I could use some.

Enough already!

Stop belaboring the author about formatting and proofreading please!

I really like the story so far and can't wait to see where you're going to go with it!

Keep writing!

Sean_face_0_0.jpg

Abby

Battery.jpg

Constructive Comments are what it's all about!

New authors look forward to comments which can assist them to become better writers.

Don't take my word, ask them!

How do you think they can improve otherwise? Is it about one story to satisfy you? Or about many stories which, if they have a talent, can allow many to enjoy and especially if the stories are better written?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita