The Dukes -5-

Printer-friendly version

"Edited by djkauf".

The Dukes: -5-

Jobo had prepared his revenge with the skill of a general. Not bad for the leader of the street gang called “The Suprees.” Joey Perez and “The Dukes” would soon feel what it was like to get stepped on. Jobo had a plan that would take care of the “The Dukes” and leave Joey standing alone or lying in the street!

Dee Dee was cleaning up the kitchen when Bella peeked in and asked Dee Dee “can I run to the library... I want to return a book.” “Just wait until I finish Bella and I’ll do it for you” Dee Dee replied. “I am not a little baby I’m 12 years old almost 13, I can go to the
library by myself without getting lost, Dee Dee” Bella said angrily.
“I know how old you are and I know that you can handle going there by yourself, but Momma would get upset if I just let you go without saying something,” Dee Dee replied. “These are not very safe times I just want to protect you” Dee Dee said. “I’ll call up my girlfriend Sandy and she will walk with me okay, Bella asked. “I don’t know Bella, call and see if Sandy can go with you; if she can I guess it will be okay” Dee Dee answered.

Nicky Rivera and Tomas Silva had made plans to meet “The Weed Man” behind Gimbles Store, it was heading into the weekend and the boys needed something for the head! Joey had always told the Dukes to stay away from drugs but in unison Nicky and Tomas said, “What Joey don’t know won’t hurt him!” “That sucker’s never around anymore, so I don’t care if he likes it or not,” Nicky asserted. The Weed Man said to be there at 6:30 and they would hook up. Nicky should have listened to Joey’s words.

After Bella left for the library Dee Dee called Shasha, Jobo’s cousin,
to get some intelligence on “The Suprees.” Dee Dee removed her ear ring so that she could her Shasha better. “You really need to come see me Joey, something is going on,” she said coyly. “Jobo has everyone meeting tonight, actually about an hour ago now baby” she added. “Sumpin bouts to go down” she said. A jolt of fear shot through Dee Dee/Joey’s body not from what Jobo had going on, but for Bella!

Jobo had 10 of his boys placed alone on the way in and the way out of the flats. He had four sisters looking for victims as a diversion. His plan was simple yet well thought out; the girls would start something to draw attention while “the Suprees” would be going after the real target, Nicky Rivera! No one knew that the “Weed Man” worked for Jobo so this was going to be easy. Jobo thought that if he took out Nicky “The Dukes” would be crippled and weakened. Joey Perez was the leader but Nicky Rivera was the right arm of “The Dukes”.

Bella and Sandy were coming out of the Library and never saw “The Supree” girls lying in wait. The two young girls were pushed to the ground and punched and kicked before they knew who or what was upon them. Bella remembered Dee Dee’s words “these are not very safe times” just before she was kicked unconscious! The whistles of “the Dukes rang out from everywhere as “The Supree girls” booked for home leaving the two badly beaten girls lying in blood on the sidewalk in front of the Library.

Nicky and Tomas saw “The Suprees” come down the alley and turned to see Jobo and the rest of them coming from the other direction too, they were trapped. Nicky yelled “check the back door homes” as Tomas pulled frantically on the locked back door of Gimbles Store. “Stand back to back Tomas and don’t go down” Nicky advised but there were too many of them.

Dee Dee had begun to change when she first heard the whistles floating through the neighborhood and knew this was not good. She frantically wiped her make up off as she tore at her clothes and kicked her heels on the floor. “Please, Madre Dios, please let Bella be alright!” Joey had changed in record time and was flying down the stairs toward the library. He was not sure that he had gotten all of his makeup off but at this point Bella was the only thing on his mind!

Nicky was the last to fall as “The Suprees” pummeled Tomas and him to the ground but the beating didn’t stop “The Suprees” gave them the boots too, without tiring and without mercy. Jobo pulled a knife from his back pocket and finished the job on Nicky Rivera!

Running at full speed Joey rounded the corner and stopped dead in his tracks as he saw the ambulance in front of the Library. Stevie Solis saw him first and ran toward Joey, “it’s your sister mano!” Joey heard those words and he went black with rage. Though his mind was racing with thought, Joey was very good at control, very good at hiding what he was thinking and feeling, oh what he was feeling and heaven forgive what he was thinking!

Jobo and “The Suprees” ran from the flats. Their planned attack and retreat was successful. The girls were waiting for them as they all joined together. “We didn’t see anyone but a couple of little girls so we beat the dog out of them” Nikita reported to Jobo. “Good, cause I think I kill that punk Rivera” Jobo boasted. “They will be coming so let’s get ready to finish them off tonight, plus I got an ounce of weed, let’s party” Jobo said as they all laughed.

At the hospital Joey stood motionless leaning against the wall praying to himself as the Doctor talked to him and his Mother. “Mrs. Perez, your daughter is badly beaten but it looks like there is no serious damage, we are going to keep her overnight at least to monitor and make sure, the doctor said” Joey’s mom turned to Joey and looked him in the eye. Joey’s eyes began to tear up as he prepared to be ripped for not taking care of Bella like he always had. Alma Perez said quietly, so no one would hear, “I know that you blame yourself Joey, but I do not blame you, but I do expect you to find who did this to my baby and do the same to them” she said coldly.

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Keeps Your Attention

Not a fun episode, this one, but it does keep your attention.

Well done Lana!

Much better composed with the paragraphs, a lot easier to read!

Still a great story, at this rate you will be a famous author by next week!

Good luck.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Okay, can't resist here either

They shouldn't have done that. Nothing of that. Sure, gutting his right-hand guy is a very idiotic action, but to actually beat HIS LITTLE SISTER up?!! The link has the correct reaction Joey will perform. They are SO screwed.

Jobo, your funeral is already pre-ordered.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!