Scared

Printer-friendly version

==

She cuts herself.
Her eyes lost in blood red tears.

Sorrow and grief flowing.
Like a lonesome child, plucking petals from a flower.

"Love"
"Loves me not"
"Loves me"
"Loves me not"

Every drop a tear.
A silent accusation.

"He doesn't love me." she thinks.
"All my fault."

And so she cuts
And cuts again.

Why is life cruel?
Why do we think ourselves not worthy?

He watch.
Powerless to stop her.

Do love heal?

Love

Life, a cruel joke.
Shelter in love

Healing.

==

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So sad

Andrea Lena's picture

I have worked with "cutters" and this is all too real; doubt and guilt driving a punishing cry for acceptance. Truly painful and sad. But I am glad that healing is in sight through the shelter of love, as you say.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

There were many times that I felt like cutting

my wrists not to just get rid of the pain, but to end it all. That is explained in Chrissie - Book II - Girl Interrupted which will be out the end of this year, or by Febrauary anyway. I have friends that are cutters both here and in Australia and when we sat down and talked about it, I saw the scars and the holes in their souls. They were hurting for different reasons, but the common factor was that nobody would listen to them when they needed someone to talk to. There are a lot more serious problems than just that, but that is the mild concensus.

There are deep emotions in these lines, and love can hurt as well as heal, but mostly hurts. Anyway I felt the pain in these lines as I felt it that first day of Hell. This is a very powerful poem with very powerful words. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thanks

Thanks to you both for your thoughtful remarks.
Yes, I hope that love can heal.
==