Bridges 1

Printer-friendly version
Bridges

Chapter 1

Bailey Summers

This is my first attempt at a story. It is a work of fiction containing some gay, lesbian and transgendered themes as well as adult language and some violence. Permission is granted to post by me, the author. All persons who are depicted here, living or dead are purely by accident.

This is intended to be a love story about two peoples whose lives bridge together and find them together.

I’d love to thank Michelle B for her invaluable assistance.

Bailey Summers.


Chapter 1: Sam.

I woke up with a jolt as my nightmares came to a crescendo. My hand's what did it. The kick of the gun as I fired back killing in my nightmare it's like a phantom limb effect as it twitched with the remembered kick of my Browning 9mm. It's scary, and I stare at that hand once my brain figures out where I'm at. I can still sort of see the face of one of the Afghani Taliban members who had tried to kill me while I was traveling in a convoy with a unit of US soldiers. The wind had come up and blown away his face scarf. He was twelve, thirteen, fourteen years or so at the oldest. I killed a kid. It was a bad ambush and it was self defense …but I still killed a kid.

Two years later I’m still afraid, having nightmares and flashbacks. I’m more myself than ever now, I’m a transgendered girl. All the hormones running through my body really slam me with the feelings I’ve been holding back.

I roll or sort of crawl out of bed and tiredly walk to the bathroom. I start washing my face trying to wake up. It’s about four AM. I take a shower, washing my face just didn’t help much. It wakes me up, well actually washing my breasts usually wakes me up. They’re still new enough to me it’s like a reality check every time, no…not every time just a lot of the times I do.

I encounter enough stubble to give myself a frown. I hated shaving as a guy even though I’m actually shaving more now. Armpits, legs. “Ouch, shit.” I’m still new to the shaving regularly thing and I still cut myself, the soap stings, like lemon juice on a paper cut.

I dry off and stare at my torso in the mirror. Not so much at my chest but at the two roundish scars from where I was shot in the ambush.

I shake my head clear and go through the rest of my rituals. Lotion because I get dry skin sometimes. Teeth, hair nothing fancy. I’m still learning all of this and can’t really pull off fancy.

I live in my parent’s old house in Bridgeview, British Columbia about two hours drive up the coast from Vancouver. My parents are both dead. My mom, who was one of my personal heroes, died from breast cancer while I was in training. She was a RCMP officer who joined quite young and was one of the youngest women to actually make Lieutenant. She was awesome. Even as a young boy I wanted to be like my mom.

Dad was a fireman. He died while I was recovering in a NATO hospital in Germany from nearly getting killed in Afghanistan. It was then, in hospital having nearly died, I finally made the decision to transition. The fire department held a nice service for him. I couldn’t make it home for the service, but thanks to one of the fire fighter’s sons, there was a live feed set up for me to watch. My dad was an awesome guy. He died in the line of duty getting three panicked kids out of a burning group home. I still keep his spare firefighting gear out on the sun porch like he’d still be waiting to grab it when he was on call as a first responder. It’s the first thing you see when you come in my house. God it feels weird to even think that.

I go downstairs frowning at the groans and creaks of the place. I own the house but there hadn’t been a lot of cash in being a firefighter or a mountie , still I’m getting a check from being a military nurse and having been honorably discharged. I’m still kinda on psyche leave, and I’m still learning to be the me that I’ve locked up deeply and held hidden. I’m dealing with my trauma, trying to get through the loss of my dad and coming home to an empty house. I’m a bit thrown off my mental stride in a way; I’m transitioning and not having to explain it to him, not having him find out that his pride and joy, his little guy was well on her way to becoming his daughter. Messed up doesn’t cover half of me.

“I need coffee.”

I make myself some coffee, I use Tim Horton’s from the actual shop grind instead of the same labeled stuff from the grocery store. It’s all dad would have in the house. It’s brewing when the lights of the paper guy’s car come up the lane. I step outside to meet him rather than have him biff it. He passes me the paper staring at me. My hair’s in a pony tail, I’m wearing an old ratty Def-Leopard t-shirt and pajama bottoms.

It’s a small town. They know who and what I am. Word got around after I told off some asshole of a realtor who called the RCMP on me. He tried to get me evicted as a squatter because he hadn’t recognized me. After showing my Id’s and paperwork, he and maybe even the officer started telling people. I’ve had lots of grief from people who are just too?

I don’t know, threatened to understand me.

The paper guy’s like fifty or so and staring at me, at my body and my chest like he’s trying to decide, is it a boy or a girl. “I’m both right now, but as soon as I can..” I smile at him as he blanches. Yeah I’m poking the lion but after what I’ve survived I’m not scared of these people as I would have been a couple of years ago.

I give him a bright smile. “Thank you!, Have a good morning,” If I was any more snarky this morning I’d have throw in a wiggle.

I’ve always kind of been a girl in the back of my head. I’m not like some of the TG people you hear about in online stories. I was actually kind of an average guy. I didn’t cross-dress unless it was at Halloween or Sadie Hawkins day dances. I twice had girlfriends in high school, but only for a few months each time.

I did track for a year in 10th grade and was in the army cadets in junior high until I wanted to have long hair and you couldn’t have that as a cadet back then. I was an average guy I thought. Actually I thought for awhile I might be gay or bisexual.

Nothing gelled for me until I was in the army as a combat medic. I went to Bangkok, Thailand for my very first leave from Afghanistan. I met a young well spoken lady boi there called Kym and we became lovers. After a week with her, as she showed me the sights and her life, there was that Holy shit…this is me moment. I agonized over it for my whole first year and with Kym in my corner so to speak, I put in the paperwork and slowly started transitioning.

That was almost four and a half years ago. I’m five ft, nine inches, and about 150-160 lbs. Since starting to transition I’ve dropped about 25-30 lbs since then mostly in muscle mass. I was fine featured for a guy but make, I guess, a pretty average girl. My shoulders are a bit too wide and strong for many girls, and my feet are a bit big at a ladies size ten. And I’m not sure if I’ll ever be satisfied in the whole hip, waist and butt area. I guess that makes me just like a lot of girls out there. There‘s a happy thought, me just like every other girl.

The thing is, I feel so much better now in so many ways. I really didn’t know what was wrong with me. It’s like living with pain, you get so used to it and the stresses that come from it and then once you’re pain free it’s like you’re in a new world.

Probably the hardest thing I’m ever going to do is be true to who I need to be inside but I can’t go back.

I miss Kym. She was a legal secretary and part time model. She wasn’t a street walker lady boi but had five or six of the street types as friends. I was with her when we met up with them at a night club. She was killed while I was on duty, beaten to death by a tourist homophobe who tried to pick her up and didn’t like what she was. He was put into jail where he got stabbed by someone who was friends with Kym or one of her friends.

I take a deep inhale of the coffee smell and smile. I think I’m weird, I drink like maybe one coffee a day but even though I’m more of a tea drinker, I love the smell of it brewing. I love the smell of a pipe or a cigar on occasion even if I’m a non-smoker, and popcorn, I really love the smell of popcorn.

The coffee is good and I read the Bridgeview Banner, one of the two local newspapers. It’s a more artsy and liberal paper and more my speed of writing and stories and things. The other is the Bastion and it’s more conservative and old school. I got the great joy of having my perverted return to town plastered all over the editorial section from people in town who were, and still are, offended by me coming home as Sam Chase the girl instead of Samaritan Chase the returning war hero. There were even a few people who tried to get me lumped in with the likes of the sex offenders. Yeah my first year home’s been great fun. I actually get the most grief from the people in town that I had gone to school with.

I didn’t come straight home after Germany either. I stayed there for a few months in the TG community in Berlin. It wasn’t really my scene with some really weird people there and too artsy and very over the top as well. Not all of them, but enough that the place got old fast. It’s where I met Marc though. A very nice French guy and the first man I was ever with sexually. There was a lot of relief that I was straight? It wasn’t gay sex to me.

I moved to Toronto and the Danforth area and again it was just too rainbow oriented to be comfortable to me. I had a girlfriend there much to my surprise and it was mostly a lesbian relationship. Tanya couldn’t handle me though, with my nightmares and still having male bits, but mostly it was her friends in the lesbian community. If it wasn’t me not being a real woman, or at least by their definition it was the fact I was in the military. I was a warmongering baby killing freak. Yeah there were nice people there but it was the few people who were really hateful towards me that sent me home.

Trying to stay alive while the convoy you were in got taken out by a roadside bomb and ambush, and killing two young teenagers, then coming home…getting called a baby killer. My nightmares were still too fresh. After two weeks in a nice soft place after suffering a PTSD breakdown, I left Toronto for home.

I’ve pretty much been a homebody, a bit of a shut in since getting home.

God I hate mornings like this! I hate living in my head so much!

I stop even trying to read the paper and go and sit on the old sofa in the living room and finally have a good cry, my knees pulled to my chest.

A few hours later I feel lanced inside and make myself some toast with apple pie filling and chopped banana on it with a microwave scrambled egg.

I get changed into my camouflage track suit and grab my backpack. I always carry a few must haves. I live five miles from town and yes there are bears on occasion, so there’s bear spray and an air horn as well as some nylon rope, two bottles of water, a compass and a multi-tool as well as a good knife and two MRE’s and a small first aid and camping survival kit. I hike a lot and bike a lot as well as jog. I’m still enough of an army girl that I feel better having it than not. I fasten my arm and leg weights on and head out for a jog up the road away from town.

I love running in the early morning and stuff. It’s a hold over from being in the army. A good breakfast and morning base run and calisthenics. It’s an old habit. I use the endorphins help me fight off the depression and the blahs. I take my pills, my hormones and my women’s blend vitamins and some ginseng and ginkgo what’s it too oh an my anti-depression med too.

I love running. The way my more correct body moves, the sway of everything from my butt to hips to ponytail. I feel right in minutes and just concentrate on eating up the road, mile after mile soaking myself in sweat. I haven’t got a single drop of Native in me but I always think of it as a sweat lodge thing, like I’m getting all the negativity out of myself as I run. Not to mention that it’s healing just by virtue of where I am; jogging up the road way passed my house heading out of town. The woods around me smell of evergreens and off to my left the mountains rise up barely an hours ride away by bicycle. As I gain elevation I can see the Pacific ocean away on my right. Sometimes the world can be so beautiful I can actually feel at peace with my place in it. I get to feel better and free, more like myself.

I’m good, my day’s getting better as I turn around and head for home. Today I’ve gone about five miles each way. Sometimes I do more, sometimes I do less, It depends on how much stress I’ve got built up. So I was thinking. I’m doing good today, right up until I get home, sweaty and tired, just before lunch. Then I see it. The grass in my front yard was all torn up from someone doing doughnuts. My mom’s little white picket planters that line the driveway are broken and the words ‘LEAVE FAGGIT’ are sprayed over the side of my house in florescent orange spray paint, the kind that‘s used all over here for tagging lumber and trees.

I’m just pissed and a bit disgusted by the whole thing. I take out my cell phone and call the Mounties.

I’m sitting in the cab of my dad’s old truck drinking one of my waters. I see a bunch of vehicles pull into the old Ferguson farmstead across the road. A flat bed truck with two cars on it, old antique 70’s muscle cars. Two more trucks with rail/shipping box containers. There’s five or six bikers with them and funny enough the RCMP are following right behind them.

I’m a little pissed, they’re obviously here more for the bikers than my call. I walk to the end of my driveway where they parked watching my new biker neighbors. I knock on the window making the two mounties jump. One rolls down the passenger window. “Jesus, what the hell did you do that for!”

“The vandalism I called about twenty minutes ago is this way guys or is there another car coming to handle it.” My arms pointing up the driveway and I’ve got every ounce of female scorn I can manage running through my body right now.

They give me a dirty look. They both know about me and aren’t fans but they nod. “Yeah okay show us what they did Mr. Chase.” I could push my legal status but it’d just cause more grief that I don’t need and push the investigation back a bit further. They take some pictures and walk around until I see another RCMP officer come up the lane.

I don’t recognize her, she’s higher ranking, a sergeant. She’s got a box kit and passes it to one of the corporals. “I want photos, tire tread casts and paint scrapings.” She opens a pad and reads some notes before walking up to me. “Sorry that I’m late Ms. Chase, I’m new here and I’ve been going over your file and complaints from the other instances.”

“Uhm thanks, I’m not really used to getting…”

“Yeah the proper treatment.”

“Uhm..” I’m a little more than blown away by being treated like a decent human being.

“We’re supposed to be Mounties and we are supposed to treat everyone with the same rights and respect under the law no matter what.” Her voice raised on that first supposed as she stared at one of the mumbling and complaining corporals.

“Uhm, thanks,” I wipe off my sweaty hand and offer it in a handshake. “Sam, Sam Chase.”

“Hi, I’m Cass Cavanaugh,” she shook my hand in a decent strong woman with nothing to prove grip.

I liked her immediately. Really liked her, with a seldom felt stirring. A woman in uniform, vest, belt, and capable….Yay?

Cass, uhm Sergeant Cavanaugh, went over and began to run the investigation. She made sure they did everything by the book and didn’t let them slack off. I took some time to watch them do their thing then watched the bikers acrossed the road.

They’re a rough looking bunch and now there’s a pick-up truck with a U-haul and three native guys there. They all seem to be backslapping and warrior arm clasping one guy. Big, long dark hair, leather biker jacket and jeans, heavy boots. He’s got a pair of sunglasses on. I’m a little nervous of them, these guys could be nasty neighbors if they find out about me. I slip inside and bring the Mounties out some fresh made coffee.

As I was making it I heard the corporals giving Cass the low down and dirty about me in hushed tones. I was putting the cups on the tray with some pre-packaged doughnuts when I hear her whispering to them angry like. “Look you assholes, I know you guys get to a new town and try to get in good with some of the locals. I get it. It makes life and the job easier. But you gotta lay the fuck off of her.”

“Why sergeant like the sign says…?”

“Why? Because she’s one of us. Her mom was one of us, a Lt. It don’t matter what she has turned out like she’s a cop’s kid. What would you do if people were fucking with one of your kids? Thompson? Don’t you got a boy with Downs syndrome? What if the spray paint was on your house and said ‘Retard’ instead?”

There was a few minutes of quiet and I had to recover from my own embarrassment. I take out the coffee as they’re getting done.

“Hey guys uhm there’s coffee. I’m really sorry for blowing up at you guys like that. It’s just after everything since I’ve come home it kinda gets to you.”

We make some small talk for awhile and the two other RCMP seem to thaw a bit towards me. I actually get to shake the hands of all three of them before they leave. They thank me for the coffee and Cass gives me her card. “If you get any more problems call me, my home phone’s on the back.” She smiled as she got into the truck and left.

I’m cleaning up the dishes when I notice the big biker guy in my yard looking around. Nervously I walk out.

“Can I uhm help you?”

He looks up at me. He’s…hot?

Six foot even and broad shouldered with about 240 lbs on him. Yeah he’s carrying a bit extra but nobody’s perfect. Lot’s of muscle too, it makes his jacket tight in some places around his shoulders. Long dark brown hair, tanned, black t-shirt with a red plaid shirt on over that under the jacket and those old faded blue jeans that are like a second skin…he’s uhm well uhm..blessed in the manhood region.

He looks like the dangerous biker type. He was surveying the damage until I spoke up.

“Looks like you had some trouble?”

“Uhm…” My god I’m doing that a lot lately.

“Look” he takes off his sunglasses and rubs his eyes a second before putting on a pair of nice looking normal glasses. Geek, biker?

“Look, miss, I’m just moving into the neighborhood and I’m fixing my place up so I just though I’d offer to fix some of this up for you, seeing like I’m just doing the same over home.”

He’s looking at the message spray painted on the side of my house. I swallow my fear and decide to tell him up front now that I’m good with the RCMP I think.

“Yeah you might want to reconsider that..”

If I don’t tell him and warn him off then he finds out later he’ll be really pissed. Guys don’t like being tricked, Hell It’s not really any of anyone’s business who I am unless we’re dating…

“Why?”

I stare at him just more than a little scared. He’s more than strong enough to snap me in half. He just verbally stepped in, interrupting me, throwing me off my mental stride.

“Well It’s just I’m really not all that well thought of…”

“Brandon, Brandon Page.”

He did it again…that pushy so and so. Alright buster here, let’s see how you like a dose of the truth about the town freak.

“Yeah, okay look, I’m a transgendered girl, so you might want to uhm not want to be seen over here and stuff, you know people might get the wrong idea.” He’s walking towards me, staring at me intensely and I’m back to being scared in a rush all over again. I back away just a bit and I’m reaching inside the sun porch for one of my dad’s old golf clubs. He stops about six feet away and looks me up and down.

“Hmn, good choice.”

WTF, did he just say? No he couldn’t can’t…can he, could he?

“Are you gay!?” oh dear god open mouth insert foot, leg.

“Nope.”

“Uhm what?”

“You say that a lot.”

Instant blush, he smiles teasing me. “I’ll be over in an hour or so to get this stuff fixed up.”

He leaves walking down my driveway and lane.

“It was nice meeting you miss!”

“”Sam!, my name’s Sam!”

Wow…what just happened?

He’s not gay. He didn’t freak out and try to kill me.

He’s very hot in this really different way…my nipples are aching enough to make me cover my chest with my arms.

“Oh god, he said an hour and I’m all sweaty and groddy and stuff.” Yes I said it out loud even though I’m the only one here in the house. I talk to myself all the time. I babble to myself when I’m nervous. I’m also a bad nail chewer and a pacer too.

* Chapter two will be Brandon’s introduction. I hope you all liked this.

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What a great story

Andrea Lena's picture

The thing is, I feel so much better now in so many ways. I really didn’t know what was wrong with me. It’s like living with pain, you get so used to it and the stresses that come from it and then once you’re pain free it’s like you’re in a new world.

A new world indeed, beginning to fill up with new and wonderful things and people. Thank you for this excellent tale, dear heart.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Good start,Bailey.

ALISON

You seem to have a good grip on PTSD,not personal I hope.I enjoyed the story
and look forward to your next post.

ALISON

Great Start!

Hey Bailey!

Thanks for the story, I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next chapter. Nice to see fellow Canadians writing here. Your use of language and dialog felt very natural to me and the characters are interesting.

Good luck with the writing, you're off to a good start!

I agree..

A very nice start indeed! Loved how you captured the look and feel of the BC coast. :)

PB ('anudder Canadian who sometimes scribbles)

Major Anticipation

Great beginning, Bailey. This promises to be one wonderful tale. And I recognize the feeling. His head is shaved,he is 6'4" his shoulders are 2x as wide as his waist and he is a buff ex-marine Security Officer , very stern but so incredibly kind to me. If I ever change my mind, He is definitely on my "short list"

Joani

Really awesome story

Great beginning to the story, Bailey! Look forward to more!

Elizabeth Marie

Bridges-1

Sam is a sweet young woman who has had a ruff life. I'd like to see her story continue ecause you have given us plenty of interesting characters to think about.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Enjoyed it

I look forward to the next chapter. Since I have never been picked on or discriminated against, I can't really relate. I know it happens and I am glad you are writing about it. Good job.
Hilltopper

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpgHilltopper

Bridges

Good start. My interest has been caught. I look fowrward to the next chapter.

Thank you for this excellent story.

Kaptin Nibbles

Great Start!

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter!

A question, though. I'm not sure if I read this sentence correctly.

"My hand phantom twitched with the remembered kick of my Browning 9mm."

On first read, I took that to mean she is missing a hand, now I'm not so sure, since it isn't referred to in any way.

So which way should I have read that?

Sean_face_0_0.jpg

Abby

Battery.jpg

I'm sorry

I should of kind of written it a bit differently. I was trying for that feeling that if you were dreaming about something that happened in your life like the gun going off. I'm not sure the best way to describe it but like the feeling of doing it again and it making your hand spasm like you shot a gun you didn't have.

Does that make any sense? It the gun that's the phantom but shooting it again is causing the twitch.

Bailey Summers

Phantom Limb Syndrome

That's a great start, Bailey, I really enjoyed it and look forward to the next chapter.

I guess the reason the use of "phantom" confused us is because of the term "Phantom Limb Syndrome". It's usually defined as "The perception of sensations, usually including pain, in an arm or leg after the limb has been amputated". So using the word in the context you did made our thoughts go in that direction.

Kris

Kris

{I leave a trail of Kudos as I browse the site. Be careful where you step!}

I was

kind of going for that. It's was supposed to be something akin to it. This so visceral memory of shooting a gun and killing with those shots it makes the memory or the dream make you or in this case Sam's hand actually twitch with the kick of the gun.

If anyone knows a better term for it I'd love to know.

Bailey Summers

It's called having a go at explaining your feelings!

I didn't have any trouble understanding what you were trying to say in your own way.

Having killed anybody in action close up, and a young boy at that, would give anybody who cares about these things bad dreams and nightmares including phantoms and demons from the moment you pulled the trigger!

Take care?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I Thought So Too

Theide, or Abby, as did the remark that the person telling the story was "with the US Army in Afghanistan. Do Canadians join the US Military? Why would any of them do a crazy thing like that? I'm sure the Author will explain both things now we ask, "(Will you please?)"

I agree with everyone, this was a good start and it really got inside the character so that one understood how they felt.

I like the bit about the nice polite and helpful Biker. In my own personal experience, contrary to their 'Big Bad Wolf' reputation, all the Bikers I have met have been really kind and helpful people. There may well be some bad ones but there are some bad policemen, some bad polits (most in fact!), some bad journalists, some bad estate agents, bankers, lawyers, even clergymen. The solid truth about People is that nearly all of them are nice, but if you go around looking like you expect them to jump out and rape you, that may well be what happens to you, if you smile and are friendly towards people, they are (except for the very rare psychopath) instinctively programmed to be friendly and to smile back.

Bless,

Briar

Briar

Briar

I think this might clear up something

Andrea Lena's picture

The character doesn't say that he served in the U.S. Army, only that he was in a convoy with U.S. Soldiers. NATO forces frequently work together, i.e. A Danish platoon might be deployed with Canadians. What's so crazy about a Canadian joining the U.S. Military anyway, other than that Canada has it's owned armed services? I agree with you that nearly all people are nice, but rape is something that finds you, whether or not you are looking for it. As much as good people do exist in the world, so do evil people as well.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Canadians in Afganistan

Our troops frequently operate with NATO forces in our sector of responsiblity as well as engaging in combat operations with other NATO troops and/or the Afgan Army or police. Being a soldier in Afganistan does not equate to US military service, by any means.

PB

A bit of

an explanation. Sam was in a convoy after getting rescued by US troops and the full story will come later. But there are Canadian troops over in in Afghanistan and we work very closely with those troops assigned by the US and overlap everyday in many ways.

Although thinking about it there were a few Canadians who went south for the USA to fight in Vietnam. Not many but a few did or so I heard from one of my history teachers years ago.

Bailey Summers

Actually, I know 2 Canadians

Actually, I know 2 Canadians who joined the US military. One served in Vietnam (I think it was an adventure for him), the other one ended up in Iraq I believe. I'm not sure why she joined up, it might of been for the US citizenship. I know that I thought she was looking for direction around the time she joined up.

I'm going to

write on it a bit later in the story but Sam was part of the Canadian troops that have been over in Afghanistan. She was part of a Helicopter team as one of the emergency medical people often deployed in field. They respond to calls from a lot of different situations even to help US troops, especially if they're closest. Well long story short Sam's Chopper gets shot down by Taliban and they get rescued by US troops who were the closest help. That convoy get's hit later on as they're heading back. So Sam was with US troops but not as one of their soldiers.
I know that could've been clearer for people when I wrote it but It's right now a narrative through Sam, so she wouldn't really think of that part.
As for me.
Oops? 1rst story?

Bailey Summers

Can I Own You?

joannebarbarella's picture

A recent blog of mine asked if I could own a Canadian. With a start like this I'm putting in an offer for you.

A brilliant start with the exposition of the TG experience and feelings, from a protagonist at once tough and vulnerable, confronted with a sympathetic cop and a sympathetic bikie of different genders. Which one will win her heart?

I like the story very much. Please keep going,

Joanne

I'm not available to own

as of yet but I do come with nice rental and lease options. The Bailey Summers rent boy has lots of options like being an amazing cook for one and enjoying many, many relationshipesque activities like slow dancing, massages, washing your hair, or running a lady her bath. Yes, yes all for the bargain price of ninety nine, ninety nine, ninety nine!
Shipping and manhandling charges are not included.

Bailey Summers

3 X 99's

Make it $300 + 15% tip, $345.00 and its a deal!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Sorry

It's kind of a weird geek quote. There was a show called re-boot and yes it was a kid show but one of the first really good cgi one's. Anyway there's a TV droid called Mike the TV, He's a reporter but does info-mercials through the series.
Everything he sells or advertises is "Ninety-Nine, ninty-nine, ninety-nine!"
If you ever get to see it, it's actually kind of funny.

Bailey Summers

Ninegy ninegy ninegy!

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

I’ve heard of Reboot, now I’ll have to give it a look. I have a similar reaction to this “fool the public” sort of commercialism. Gas/Petrol stations here go that extra step and price motor fuel at US$x.xx and 9/10ths. Back in the 1960’s and 70’s, there was a health food café in our town called “The Feed Bag,” which satirized this nonsense by pricing every single item on their menu at $x.x9. Even a cup of coffee was 9 cents instead of the dime it sold for everywhere else. Nice to know I’m not the only one who finds it irritating enough to ridicule.

OMG...

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

I'm not available to own as of yet but I do come with nice rental and lease options.

OMG, a sense of humour! I may not be “Dirty” Harry Callahan, but you’ve made my day, anyway.

Great Start!

I really enjoyed your start, Bailey!

Darn right I liked it

The language felt very natural, as did all the events. Off to a good start. You comment regularly and it's good to see your own work.

Susie

I liked it!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

An excellent start and I'll be looking forward to more! You could have fooled me that it was your first attempt at a story. I find that the characters in a story dictate whether I will be coming back for more and you've provided some interesting ones.

And I love this line: "All the hormones running through my body really slam me with the feelings I’ve been holding back." Sneaky estrogen does that!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Very good!

I'm curious how the relationships between the Mountie's daughter, the biker and the mounties work out.

Once again, a very good start!

Interesting Encounters...

Looking forward to finding out where they lead.

Eric

A T-girl gettin a fair shake?

Yikes, someone slap that man! Make him come to his senses!

When I was working as a Construction Electrician, my boss was this Harley Biker dude. It frightened me the first time I met him, but I eventually fell in love with him. Nothing ever came of it. I am still puddle up in the presence of a big tall bearded guy. Sigh!

Where was I? Gad, I hope Sam gets the best.

Much Peace

Khaduuj

Somebody say Harley?

Andrea Lena's picture

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Well, I never actually owned a Harley

I wanted to, but I am so small, one would squash me if it fell over, and if it didn't then I would have to call a wrecker to get it up. LOL

Much Peace

Khadijah Gwen

coffee and doughnuts with your planters

kristina l s's picture

Nicely done. The opening pars show very neatly(?) the harsh often disgusting reality of war. You neatly slide into the TG lead in and gently show our heroine in time and place. I could not help but smile at the figurative tweaking of the newspaper guys nose. The setup, the roller coaster of feelings and emotions, stand up or back down is well done and suddenly we have a romantic interest with it's own angsty stuff, if mostly on 'our' side. First effort? Pretty darn good so stop slacking Bailey....part two huh.

Kristina

I'm Glad

glad you like it all I'm waiting for #2 is my editor to finish going over things with me before posting it up. It's mostly going to be back story for Brandon though. I'm already nearly done #3 as well. I'd do more but I'm a write as you go kinda guy.

Bailey Summers

Your'e Right for me!

Thanks for the story so far!

It's very good!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Bailey, this is a great

Bailey, this is a great story beginning as you are really fleshing out your characters nicely. I had a close friend in the Air Force that was Canadian, in fact he had once been on the Canadian National Ski Team before he joined the USAF. He had joined to go to Vietnam, but never wanted to become a US citizen. Never did understand that, even when he tried to explain his reasoning. Jan

It was a different time back

then and as much as there were Americans leaving for Canada to avoid the draft there are many Canadians who really see us more as one country not two. This has waned over the decades since the 60's. There's a lot of stuff, we were just as anti-communist then too and then there's just the fact if you want to be a fighter pilot the USAF has the best toys. It could have been that he just wanted to fly.

Bailey Summers

First story?

Wow, this is really good for a first story! It's like you have it down to the nitty gritty too. I hope the rest of the story is so captivating.

Good job Bailey Summers. :}

catching up

I am finally catching up to this series. love the beginning.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Lovin' this...

I am so glad to see that there's a pile of chapters just waiting here for me.

This is good stuff Bailey... really good!
.

Thanks Lora:)

This was my first story, I hope you enjoy the read.
I loved getting the comment.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

The narrator's voice

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

This is a bit unusual, in that it is written the way that people actually speak. Ordinarily, grammatical/usage/mechanical errors are annoying because they prevent me from becoming immersed in the story. Strangely enough, in this part at least, they actually add to the gritty reality of a combat vet returning home, who has much more to cope with than the war experience. I can believe in this first-person narrator, because she speaks the way that someone with her experiences most likely would speak. I can see why others have wondered whether this is autobiographical, as it asks for no suspension of disbelief whatsoever. I’m already hooked.

Bridgeview, British Columbia ...

dawnfyre's picture

It is a real community, only about 2 miles from where I live.
It is an area of around 1 square mile right around the Scott road Skytrain Station, mostly on the East side of King George Blvd. [ used to be Highway ]


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.