The Boy Who Wasn`t Seen and The Girl Who Couldn`t Speak - Ch. 2

Printer-friendly version
Part 2 of Jack's adventure as Bridget at summer camp. Things have not quite been going as he had expected...
The Boy Who Wasn't Seen
and
The Girl Who Couldn't Speak

Chapter 2

by Rankan


 

Chapter 2: Boys don`t wear skirts

Jack gave careful thought as to what he was about to do. If his plan worked, he could be going home by the next afternoon.

If it didn`t, everyone in his known universe would think he was gay and his parents would most likely send him to psychotherapy.

Clearly, the odds were against dressing up. After all, boys don`t wear skirts. But..no..just….

Somewhere inside him, an insatiable curiosity built up. Just how would it feel like to be a girl? Surely, he wouldn`t have another opportunity like this.

“I can`t believe I`m going to do this…”, said Jack to himself. “It’s not like I`m even going to be dressed for long anyway.”
All he had to do was stay dressed long enough to grab a boys’ uniform, then change back and enact the rest of his plan.

He took off his pants, and removed the uniform from the closet, and found that a bikini swimsuit was behind it.

“Wha? That can`t be part of the camp uniform!”, Jack said to himself. Surely they would have one-pieces. A counselor must have left it. However, this just might work to make his disguise a bit more realistic.

Quickly, he slipped off his boxers and put on the swimsuit bottom, fitting snugly. It was just like the tighty-whitey underwear he wore as a kid, except no hole in the front.

Then, he took off his wet shirt and nervously tried to put on the bikini top. It fit tightly around his torso but loosely in the cup area, just like he thought it would.

“I hope this won`t be too itchy.” Taking paper towels from the dispenser he balled them up and nervously giggled as he put them in the empty cups.

“Better not make them too big.”,thought Jack, remembering his goal of trying to avoid attention.

He put the undershirt over the bikini top, giving the illusion of a young girl’s B cups.

As he was putting on the skirt, he noticed himself in the mirror and blushed. If the face wasn`t his own, the overall image seemed almost like something he’d seen in a dream. Not a dream of any kind of beautiful supermodel. He never had dreams like that, and he looked nothing like that.

But a dream he once had of the girlfriend he never met. A bright, yet shy young girl who would be there when he was sad and share his interests. One who would get him into things he had never tried before and would comfort in turn when she was sad. But that girl wasn`t real. She was a fantasy, an illusion that both gave him hope and made him hopeless at the same time. He both loved her and hated her more than he could ever realize.

At that moment, a tear rolled down his cheek.

“damn it..” he cursed.

”I`m such a girl.”

His own joke cheered him up a little, and he put on the overshirt and shoes, completing the disguise.
Gathering his composure, Jack opened the makeup kit, and realized he had no idea how to use it.

“errr…Wha?”

He saw all kind of odd tools. One he immediately recognized as lipstick, but others like odd brushes and vials he hadn`t the slightest clue how to use.

“I guess its best that I don`t use it anyway.” Thought Jack. A plain girl would get much less attention.

Unconsciously, he put the kit back into a different open locker. His mind was far too occupied with going outside dressed as a girl.

Slowly, he opened the door, and surveyed the area. The girls had definitely gotten there before the boys, as they were playing a few games in the ball courts and fields. Some were even swimming.

But it wasn`t the time to look at the sights. It was time to get to the boys’ cabins. Jack saw that if he stayed near the cabins, which were all but empty at this time of day, he would avoid contact with most of the people. He could sneak over to the boys’ side of camp quickly and get a uniform.

As fast as he could, Jack darted to the next cabin and felt a rush in his legs. As much as he felt it was weird to think, wearing a skirt felt light and free. He felt a breeze on his legs that he never felt wearing shorts or pants, and it was almost exhilarating as he reached the next cabin and peered from behind it.

He was nearing the center of the camp, the large circular dirt field which had the main camp office buildings. On the other side was the boys’ cabins.

The field was mostly empty, and a girl sneaking around the boys’ cabins, during touring no less, would be very suspicious even if he really was a girl. He would have to be stealthier than solid snake to get around this place, even if he felt more like raiden at the moment.

As inconspicuously as he possibly could, he went to the side of the main building and slunk around behind it. The building seemed larger in the back than in the front, and getting around was no small feat.

Quickly, he dashed from tree to tree, trying not to go too deep in the woods. As he ran past the windows, he could see the feeble “computer room” through a window. Just as he thought, it was about eight machines, unsupervised, with most likely simple parental controls to keep the boys from going on porn sites. A good sign for the future.

In time he made it around the middle of the building and now finally saw the boys’s cabins from the back. The tour groups were going around them, probably showing the boys where their uniforms were and where they would be sleeping.

“Okay, It’s best to wait for a group to go past first, then get a uniform…but if I do that, they’ll know for sure one is missing…”

Jack was annoyed at his logic. But if he was going to do this cleanly, he had to get to a cabin before the groups did.

Quietly, he watched as the boys were approaching a cabin. From earlier estimates they spent over 10 minutes inside each one at least, so he would have plenty of time to get a uniform.

He went to the back of the current cabin and it was so small that he could hear the counselor’s speech. At this moment, he became very aware of the small sounds his footsteps made in the grass, and tried to get a good balance of speed and silence to get two cabins ahead of the group.

“Heh, I`m getting some exercise after all.”

Now was the key moment, he had to get around the side and in the door without anyone seeing.

Forgetting about stealth, jack ran in as fast as he could. The cabin was small, but fairly well kept for the camp’s old fashioned feel. Surely, he could get a uniform and get out before..

“Excuse me Miss, what are you doing in here?”

Oh. Fuck.

Jack froze. He had never felt more panicked in his life, yet relieved that the counselor called him “Miss” as he was about to open a dresser.

Jack stood up straight and faced him. He had tried a falsetto before to sound funny, and it sounded nothing like a girl and everything like a boy imitating a girl’s voice. If he said a word, he was dead.

The counselor came into the cabin further and looked jack in the eye. To him, he was looking at a very scared little girl, who seemed to have a good enough shape for the boys to notice. He couldn`t let her stay there. “Can you speak, miss?”

Jack was suddenly struck with inspiration. This guy, like the camp, seemed really old-fashioned and he knew exactly what to do.

Making the biggest, saddest puppy-dog eyes he could, jack shook his head sideways slowly.

‘Oh my god, I`m sorry.”, said the counselor in shock, taking Jack’s hand. Here, let me take you to the office.

Wait… the office? No! that wasn`t what he should have done! He should have let the poor little girl….get help from the office.

“I..have…to..think..further...ahead..”, thought Jack strongly.

Jack was both relieved and saddened by what he saw as the counselor dragged him to the main building. On one hand, nobody was laughing at him as they saw him dragged by. Some of the boys said “who is she?”, but that was it. However, even though he was glad his disguise worked, he was slightly disappointed inside that no one had even said he looked a little boyish. Slightly.

“Oh, by the way, my name is Jack. Jack Willis.’, said the counselor.

Jack almost opened his mouth to say “that’s my name too!”, but quickly closed it, remembering who he was.

“I`ll get the boss to see where you`re supposed to go. You’ll be with your friends soon.”

Jack grimaced. He hated that word.

“Buuuut, he’s usually pretty busy. If you like computers you can play on one in the room over there while I get everything straightened out.”, said counselor Jack, half jokingly.

Jack made a huge grin, and Counselor Jack, satisfied, watched the young girl joyfully run off to play with the computers.

In reality, he could not have asked for a better opportunity. He had been seen as a girl now, but as soon as they checked the database and couldn`t find a mute girl, he would be screwed.

Quickly, he went online and to the camp website. In almost no time he found the camp roster and the blank spot on the boys’ list where his entry used to be.

To make this work he would have to find an absent entry on the girls’ list, and change it with new data.

“Oh god, please let there be a girl who couldn`t make it!”, thought Jack as he searched frantically. As luck would have it, one girl in cabin 6 was marked as absent.

He would have to change her name and info, everything, so that girl’s parents wouldn`t be called. But what would he choose?

Suddenly, for some reason, he thought of guilty gear and had to keep himself from laughing as he entered the data.

Name: Bridget Alden
Birthdate: 3/5/91
Interests: computers, boating
Height: 5’4’’

Etc. etc. etc.

Notes from parents: This girl is mute and quite shy. We feel it would be best if she was left alone to do her own activities, as she seems happiest that way, and given a notepad so she can communicate. Our jobs are very discreet so we cannot leave contact information, but we will miss our daughter terribly. — Mr. & Mrs. Alden. PS: Please do not coddle her. She gets nervous.

“Hehe.. perfect. “, thought Jack deviously.

Soon he would be alone and ready to have another shot at getting a uniform.

It was at that moment that counselor Jack and Dr. Ballard walked in.

“Well Miss, I think you need to step into my office.”, said Dr. Ballard sternly. Jack, or should it be called, Bridget, took his hand and followed the two of them into the Dr.’s office, which just like the rest of the camp, seemed old-fashioned and woodsy, except for the obviously recent addition of a desktop computer.

“It seems, miss, that we need to know your name so we can look you up to see what cabin you belong in, although you seem familiar, I don`t quite recall.”

Just like in his speech earlier, Dr. Ballard seemed like an okay guy, one Jack wouldn`t mind having as a teacher if this was school.

Counselor Jack handed Bridget a notepad and a pen.

In the girliest handwriting he could muster, he wrote:

My name is Bridget Alden. I was in the cabin because I was lost when the bus came in. I`m sorry if I did the wrong thing. Please forgive me.

Both men read the note and seemed embarrassed at the cute way the girl seemed to sink her head and write.

In reality, this was exactly what Jack/Bridget wanted, and he was sniggering inside.

“I see… Bridget…..Alden… there you go. I see you’re in cabin 6. Jack will show you to the cabin as well as your counselor. Try not to get lost again, okay Ms. Alden? And if you are lost, just come get a counselor.”

Bridget nodded cutely. He would be out of here soon enough.

He hoped.

End Ch2.

TBC: Ch.3 : Kind of what I expected but not really


 
To Be Continued...

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mistakes...

Seem to be an awful lot of 'jack' when Jack is intended. If this is a re-post they should be fixed IMO.

Story seems to be good, I have vague feelings of having read it before and am about to embark on part 3. :)

JC

The Legendary Lost Ninja

way to go!

the story is just wonderful and so cute! I cannot wait to see how it all plays out for Jack and his time at camp. Cool twist with him pretending to be mute!

Another Excellent Chapter Rankan

Only one minor flaw with the story, otherwise its great. It doesnt have enough food to satiate me :) (Chapters are too small and the content too good). Its like teasing me with T-Bone steak cooked well done with a full plate course and then slopping a cup of yogurt and saying thats all I get :)

Keep up this excellent piece.

Sephrena

Aw Shucks

I really have very little time to write, and I often feel that if I am writing for the sake of writing and not enjoyment, my work will turn out much worse, so that is why the chapters are short.

PS, thank you for your kind comments. It would really helps also if you said what you liked and didn`t like about it.

I did Rankan!

I dislike the short length of such a good story on a per chapter basis! You said you have a hard time writing. So I will live with whatever you dish out! :) For heaven's sake, don't force it out. Let it flow naturally even if it is slow. There are so many possibilities for your story to branch off to, as Penny had mentioned above, that you almost cannot go wrong in whatever direction you want this tale to take! Just make sure its from your heart and you wanted it to come out that way. Thats all any reader could or should expect from you as the author :) Just you bake these chapters so good.

Sephrena

Enchanting...

... well, maybe not enchanting, I haven't seen any enchantments or magic. Truly entertaining though.

An interesting story line. I like the co-ed camp in the woods, by a lake. The possibilities boggle the mind.

I have a funny feeling that Jack/Bridget won't be going home soon. I think she's going to enjoy her stay, getting to know the other girls, learning all the things that a girl needs to know. Sounds like lots of fun to me.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs & Giggles
Penny

I'm sorry...

for the review I left in chapter 1. It seems that Jack/Bridget is now one of the girls. But for how long? I kinda hope he is found out and that he has enough courage to tell the Doctor exactly why he is dressed in a girl's uniform. I would also like to see the some of the girls come to his aid and help him become Bridget full time.

One thing I learned over the years to survive was not to show any shame or confusion for who I am. Jack/Bridget shouldn't either. When he is asked why he is in a girl's uniform, he should just simply say, "because this is who I really am." And he should say it with conviction.

With super love & big as the sky hugs
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Boy Who Wasn't Seen 2

I like Jack even more. I love the way Jack decided to be mute, and that note, "Please don't coddle her. She gets nervous." is priceless. I went to a camp like that with a lake, and boys on one side and girls on the other. There was even an underwear raid - by the girls. Go figure.

Aardvark

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

No need to apologize

You were just confused, sorry if I sounded mean. that's the last thing I want to sound like. ^_^

"One thing I learned over the years to survive was not to show any shame or confusion for who I am. Jack/Bridget shouldn't either. When he is asked why he is in a girl's uniform, he should just simply say, "because this is who I really am." And he should say it with conviction."

The reason jack is in the uniform now really wasn`t his choice, he was kind of forced to by circumstance and is still very much heterosexual. Also, it is unlikely he will be found out unless he speaks since his face is quite feminine, and he has a small frame, as noted in ch.1. (Yeah, I know it's a bit cliche. But I`m not a good enough writer to make a lighthearted story where the guy dosen`t pass for a girl.)

Also, the last thing Jack has is conviction when it comes to other people. ^_^

One thing to remember is that Jack is by no means passive, he is just shy and introverted. His will is a alot stronger than he thinks it is when it comes to smething for himself.