Throw Me Away

Printer-friendly version
Throw Me Away
by Saless

I can't help you,
I can't help me.
Now go along,
and get away from me.

There's nothing here,
don't look at me,
you're so much better off,
far away from me.

I'm a ticking time bomb,
don't wait and see,
do yourself a favor,
and see the back of me.

I'll go away,
as far as I dare,
don't follow along,
and suffer with me.

When the end comes,
and I'm finally gone,
don't be sad,
don't remember me.

You need to go,
you need to leave.
You need to forget,
you ever knew me.

You can't help me,
you can't save me.
Don't weigh yourself down,
trying to rescue me.

Don't feel guilty,
don't feel sad.
Just move on,
and forget me.

I'm a ten ton weight,
around your neck.
Don't let me wear you down,
discard me.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This touched my heart

Andrea Lena's picture

Thank you for this today.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Is everything alright?

And a hint - you weight a lot? Become helium - it floats! ;)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

You make me worried

This poem is touching, but it also scares me. Please don't make anything ill-wise, that you would regret later. I might know you only from your stories, but you write them really well. And I know from my own life, you never have enough of good friends, so don't shed them aside. Please, don't follow Darlas fate.
So cheer little up and "Always look on the bright side of Life".
Robin

I'm not sure I understand Robin

Frank's picture

what do you mean by don't follow Darla's fate?? (PM) me if that is better...

As for the poem at least Saless posted a blog as a sort of warning and it wasn't written today :)

Still sad though :(

{{Hugs}}

Frank

Hugs

Frank

Throw Me Away

Is very disturbing in it's appeal for help. I am glad that Saless posted it, because this poem tells us that she has overcome grief.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Good Lord!

That sounds like you are seriously depressed!

Run, don't walk to your favorite counselor, psychologist or (maybe better) psychiatrist!

Okay, for better understanding

The explanatory blog entry about this verse that will allay some fears.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Better

That makes it a bit better, but I've come WAY too close to pulling the trigger on myself to not take this sort of thing seriously.

There are many in our community that

have these sad and depressing thoughts. I have had them on occasion. The sad truth to this piece though is that a lot of promising tg's take their own lives thinking there is no hope for them to be complete. My therapist once told me that even if I never have the money for my surgeries I can at least live as me. That is all that counts. She told me this when I was very young.

First and foremost we must know who we are. Second, we must summon the courage to be who we are openly. And third, once we know who we are, we will have the strength to continue to be who we are without worry. I have been told I have all three of these qualities, but I insist that I am just a stubborn wench. LOL.

You can be female even though you have a male body. All you have to do is live as that female, and be her whereever you go and act as her in whatever you do. There will always be people that will say that we are freaks, queers, faggots, dangerous sexual predators, but never let anybody tell you who you are. When they call you these names, just hold your head high shoulders straight and walk proudly as the woman you are. NEVER GIVE UP, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE A VERY SAD TRAGEDY IF YOU DO. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thank You!

Thank you everyone, and sorry for the worry. For some reason it never occurred to me to link to my blog entry on this, as Faraway did (Thanks Faraway!). Let me assure you all that I am in no danger of doing anything foolish (well, not anymore foolish than usual, anyway... ;).

I tend to have trouble seeing anything of value in myself, and being depressed really brings that out, as you can see. In fact, I spent most of my high school years convinced my family only put up with me out of a sense of responsibility because, after all, nobody could possibly love someone as worthless as me! Oh the joys of hiding yourself from everyone and being ridiculed whenever you let any of your true self show...

I would have responded to these comments sooner, but as the previous paragraph shows, this poem tends to get me all emotional. That, and I've been really busy lately. I'm really hoping August is not as busy as the rest of this year has been, I could use the rest!

Thanks again for all the kind comments! :)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I know

I have felt this way. Lately more often then not.