A Very Eventful Summer Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version
A Very Eventful Summer
Chapter 8

by Freya

Maria winced, "I'm sorry."

Rick reassured her, "No apologies are necessary." He continued, "Are you ready for you ride milady? Your chaffeur awaits you?"

She nodded and he lifted her into his arms and carried her through the door.

Bobby had found both what looked a shower room and a room with food set out buffet style. They all agreed that nobody should try the shower because it was likely altered by the same crazed pervert who had done the toilets.

"I hope we can trust the food, I'm starving." Maria said from Rick's arms. He was making good on his promise to carry her.

"I guess one of us should try it and see if it affects them in any way," Rick replied.

"Already done," Bobby announced holding up an empty bowl.

"Are you okay, Bobby?" Rhonda asked looking him over.

"Sure," he answered laconically.

Rick looked over the foods available, all but one in a catering tray with a burning can of sterno underneath to keep it hot. There was a meaty chili that smelled good, cheese covered Enchiladas, a three bean salad, Refried beans, Yellow rice with bits of something red sprinkled on it, and last a tray of nachos covered in shredded pork, tomatoes, jalapenos, shredded cheese, sour cream, and guacamole. He turned to Maria, "Do you sense a theme here?"

She smiled, "I think I do but fortunately I've always liked Tex Mex."

"So what would you like to start with?" he asked wondering how they'd eat while she was in his arms but reluctant to put her down.

"Well I think what we do to start is ask Rhonda to make up a big plate with enough for both of us and then I feed us or you can put me down on the floor and I'll feed myself."

Rick grinned, "How could I pass up a chance to have to you feed me?"

"Good because the floor in here doesn't look clean enough that I'd want to sit on it naked," She replied and looked at Rhonda.

"I hear and obey, O Mistress of the World," she bowed with her hands out front palms down. "Your wish is my command." Then she stuck out her tongue and grabbed a plate to start filling it up.

Soon we were all eating and talking, "If he is going by the Classical Elements there should only be one more." Maria observed between bites of chili.

"If he's using the Eastern version there will be five," Rick replied.

"What are the five Eastern ones?" Rhonda asked.

"Water, Earth, and Fire are the three common to both and we've already seen all of those. The remaining two are Metal and Wood. If he's staying Classical then it's got to be Air next."

"That fits," Bobby added in, "The other door was like airlock. I hope it's not vacuum on the other side. We're pretty tough but we still need to breath." He was frowning in thought.

Soon all but Maria were finished eating. As an energizer who had expended nearly all her reserves she soaked up calories like a sponge until the table was bare. On the plus side her metabolism was fast enough for her to be standing on her own two feet and feeling much better by the end of her nosh.

"Well I guess there is no reason not to see what is behind that last door," Rick says and the others nod.

Maria agrees, "It's time to finish this."

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sorry it's so short. I

Sorry it's so short.
I wanted to break it before they started the next challenge but I thought all this would make too long an addition to the previous chapter.
The next chapter should be full length.
Thank you for reading.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NoraAdrienne's picture

a room that is like an air lock... and they are fueling up on BEANS... That is going to cause gas which is volatile... and smelly.

If one of them has already

If one of them has already turned water into its base elements, oxygen isn't going to be a problem.

I don't think they're making as much use of their talents as they could - I wonder if this is conscious effort not to give away some of their secrets?

Nice writing

If you could get the chapter size up to a couple thousand words it would be better though.

Much peace

Khadijah

Longer chapters

Well I'll try that for Chapter 10 but the Next chapter will be about the same length as this one.

A Very Eventful Summer Chapter 8

Wondering what perversion is next.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine