Consequences part 4

Printer-friendly version
Consequences 4: Consequences



By Sarah S!

Synopsis: [Flashback 2/2] All actions have consequences, Kevin and Kim are about to find this out the hard way...

Kevin awoke trying to remember what happened last, just before hearing a soft knock on his door.

“Honey, Kim's here. He said you were going out to visit a friend?” his mom said through the door, respecting Kevin's privacy. This was something he asked for, so he could safely dress up in his sister's clothes, while letting his parents think it was for other more 'boyish' reasons.

Suddenly, the memories of the night before returned to him. He jumped out of bed, probably breaking a world record in getting dressed. He was going to apologize to Joshua, he needed to apologize. The guilt overt leaving Joshua there with those two homophobes was rapidly growing.

After putting on his clothes from yesterday (a pair of jeans, a simple black T-shirt and his worn out black all-stars), he sprinted downstair, going directly to the door where Kim stood, He didn't bother with getting breakfas because he was feeling so guilty that even thinking about food was making him nauseous.

“Aren't you going to have some breakfast?” his mom yelled after him when she saw him flying by towards the door, instead of the kitchen.

“Not hungr, Mom. I'll eat something for brunch when I get back!” Kevin yelled back.

“Only if you make us a brunch too.” his mom responded loudly from the kitchen.

“Ofcourse, Mom!” he said as he closd the front door.

He gave a little yelp out of surprise when he turned around to find that Kim was standing right in front of him with a big smile on his face.

“Hey, handsome,” Kim said looking straight into his eyes.

This time Kevin managed the look away before Kim could get the chance to kiss him again. Not that he didn't enjoy last night, at least not the last part. But he really wanted to go apologize to Joshua. The fact they were standing in front of his house, with his parents inside and awake, were another reason to avoid being kissed. He really didn't want his life anymore complicated than it already was.

“Hey, Kim,” Kevin said while moving towards the street, avoiding eye contact, “Come let's go apoligize, it's making me feel so guilty, I'm about to throw up.”

Kim caught up with Kevin and grabbed his shoulder, making Kevin stop for a moment, “This wasn't your fault, Kevin. If w'de stayed there to protect him, we would've gotten beat up too. And Andy and Mickey would've gotten away, leaving us to be caught by the cops. Believe me, we wouldn't want that to happen. If you need to blame someone, then blame me. I'm the one who dragged you away.” Kim said this mainly to make Kevin relax a bit.

To be honest though, he knew it was kind of his fault, that Joshua was left behind with those two guys. He really hoped that he was okay. He knew it could've been him sitting there on his knees, waiting to be bashed. But he wasn't about to let guilt eat him up. He was ready to take the full blame for whatever Joshua and his parents were going to accuse them of. Kevin needed to be left out of this.

Since that kiss last night, the feelings for Kevin which he had thought were gone, flared up big time. He was once again having a major crush on his best friend and wanted to do anything to keep him safe, from this mess he created.

[-][+][-]

Both were lost in tought as they walked towards Joshua's house, which wasn't that far from Kevin's. After a fifteen minute walk, they reached their destionation. From the outside the house looked a lot like Kevin's; A white, two floored house, with a garage and a garden large enough to hold a barbeque.

Kevin took in a deep breath, but before he could step forward to knock on the door, Kim beat him to it. Kim was going to make sure Kevin was barely involved in the conversation, thus making it easier for them to blame him for it all. This is one big mess. Kim thought to himself, shaking his head.

They didn't have to wait long before a sleepy looking woman wearing a dark blue negligee and holding a cup of coffee greeted them, “May I help you?”The mother of Joshua asked.

“Hello, we're here to see Joshua, maybe you remember us? He's Kevin,” Kim said pointing to towards the boy with long dark blonde hair hanging loose and looking like he just got out of bed. “And I'm Kim. We really need to talk to Joshua to apologize for what happened, yesterday.”

The woman's eyes shot open and she let her cup of coffee fall to the ground, shattering on the floor making both Kim and herself jump away from the extremely hot liquid. She looked at the boys again and asked rather frantically, “You know where Joshua is? Where?! Tell me where he is! What did you do?! Please let my little angel be okay!” Tears were beginning to form in her eyes.

Both boys were shocked, they thought he would've gone home after the cops arrived. Kim spoke up, “What do you mean, Miss Springer? Didn't he come home last night?”

“NO! He didn't! Now tell me what you did to my poor baby or I'll make you regret you were ever born!” she said furiously.

Kevin was startled to see Miss Springer so angry, she looked so nice and gentle at the party. Kim however, had prepared himself for accusations like this, although he tought that Joshua would be there, too. “I'm pretty sure I know where he is, but it might take a while on foot, it's at the abandoned building at the end of town, near the horse statue.”

Miss Springer's went even wider than before, if that's even possible, “Oh god no! That building-” she stopped mid sentence to run inside and yell to her husban. “Joshua's in the abondoned building! I'm taking the car with me!”

Before both boys could even blink she was outside again opening the garage door, crawling in the car and starting the engine. Her husband came outside just when his wife was driving the car on the street.

She stopped and yelled, “Get in the car! You boys too!”

They all got as quickly as they could inside. Before Kim could close the door, Miss Springer was already hitting the gas as hard as she could, making the car shriek.

“That building is going to be demolished anytime now!” She said to both Kim and Kevin.

There eyes were about to pop out of their sockets. This couldn't be true! If Joshua was still in there, then... Kevin was starting to hyperventilate. Miss Springer saw this in her rearview mirror, while maintaining the car's high speed and said to Kevin, “Breath through your nose and let it out slowly through your mouth.” Kevin did what she said and began to calm down.

“Now tell me, why do you think he is there? This isn't a joke, right?!” she said to Kim, who seemed to be in a better state to answer her questions than the other boy.

“No! Ofcourse not!” he replied.

“Then tell me what happened.” She demanded.

Kim took a deep breath, “I'm in a gang,” he said. Before Joshua's parents could comment on that, he continued, “I know, I'm stupid, an idiot, not thinking straight. One of my worst decisions ever, but even worse than that is that I wanted Kevin to join it.”

This made Kevin look up, Kim never asked him to. Kevin asked him, even pleaded when he saw that Kim wasn't so sure about it. He wanted to speak up, not letting Kim take all the blame on himself, but was stopped by Kim squeezing his arm. He would have a word with him later on, but for now he let it go, knowing that Joshua's safety is more important than who's to blame.

Meanwhile, Kim was telling them the story about how Kevin was being tested by Andy. Kevin was glad he couldn't see the faces of the parents when Kim told them what exaclty that test meant. Just before they arrived, Joshua's mom said to Kevin, “Well you did a very brave thing, standing up to that bully, but both of you should've waited for the police instead of running.” They both bowed their heads in shame. “God, please let him be alright!” She prayed out loud.

When they arrived at the scene, Mss Springer stepped with full force on the brakes, making the car shriek even louder then when she gave it gas. Leaving the car running, she opened the door and sprinted outside quickly followed by everybody.

“Stop the demolition!” She screamed as loud as she could, “Stop the demolition! My son is in there!”

One of the workers turned around hearing screams and saw a scarcely dressed woman running towards him followed by a man and two kids, “Hey ma'am, it's dangerous here! Stay behind the fences!”

“You don't understand! You need to stop this! My son is inside!” Miss Springer screamed almost in his ears.

“That's impossible, miss, we checked last evening and no one was inside.” The man responded.

“We went inside last night!” Kim spoke up, grabbing both the man's attention as well as Miss Springer's, “We broke in through the fence and ran when we heard the police coming, but we don't know if he got out!”

“I hope you're not joking, or else you're in big trouble for delaying this,” he said while having the sense to run towards the person who was going to set the explosives off. “Hey! Stop! Don't set the explosives off!”

The demolisher only heard him say the last part: set the explosives off. “Okay!” He yelled back and pushed in the ignitor...

Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing


To Be Continued...

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I think i need to read the

First 3, thought I had but so many stories in just a few weeks and trying to write a bit myself.
This was excellent and i missed the first 3
Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Well, the first 3 are also

Well, the first 3 are also on this site, so it won't be a probem to look them up :--)

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Consequences part 4

This story is filled with teen angst and coming of age. It will be facsinating to see where Sarah takes it.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I hope to God that this situation is redeemable

Andrea Lena's picture

...two boys struggling with coming to terms with their sexuality while risking undue embarrassment and shame is not 'teenage angst,' it's abject fear of rejection and maybe worse. These boys were so scared that they abandoned another child to thugs; yes partly because they were only thinking of themselves if they got caught. But also because of what those same thugs would have done to the two of them if their secret was exposed. And now the child they abandoned may be either injured or killed in the explosion. I can't wait to see how this plays out, because no matter what happens, there is a lot of reckoning these boys need to do, both with the choices they've already made, and even more so, the decisions they will be forced to make. Great story.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

thanks for the comments

thanks for the comments,

though I must sadly admit, that if you read chapter 2 you would know that the boy didn't make it out alive... these last two chapters being flashbacks to what happened after chapter one. next focus will be 'boot camp'.

though at the moment I'm having a small writers block, which often happens when I try to write bigger things than short stories ^_^'

grtz, hugs and thanks,

Sarah xxx

Not Good

The boys who ran and left another behind are to
some degree responsible to what happened to
Joshua. There is no excuse for their conduct
before or after. And the boys who stayed
behind are totally responsible if any harm
they did to the boy. As for the demolishers
not to inspect a building the day they are
to bring it down is unforgiveable. Keep out
signs and fences are no excuse.

Kaptin Nibbles

This is exciting Sarah!

Nice change of pace.

Whas happened to Joshua? Did the police manage to find him?

Looking forward to the next chapter.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Doesn't Anyone Remember Part 2?

In the immortal words of Bones McCoy, "he's dead, Jim." We've already seen Kevin at the funeral, and since this is only a two-part flashback according to the header, we're not going to hang around the demolished building for possible last words from the wreckage.

Eric

i thought it

Might Be a second chance to save the boy where they did something different than in the original time line. Maybe I was being too optimistic.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

I could be like Steve and Eydie

Andrea Lena's picture

and blame it on the Bossa Nova, but I didn't pay attention, much to my chagrin. I'm so embarrassed to be so inattentive. Especially with a story as compelling as this. I'm sorry.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena