Without a Trace - Part 9

Printer-friendly version

Without a trace part 9:operation flytrap:

JR waited until his mother had managed to get through the crowds of officers that surrounded him as he came off the podium. He wondered how he would be able to live up to the expectations that the police officers seemed to have of him. The chief seemed to feel that he was the saving grace of breaking this case of the disappearances around the community. He found that although he was dressed in a school uniform he wasn't that self conscious and the feeling of the skirt of the uniform dress was gentle against his knees. There was a feeling of freedom for him as he settled into the appearance of his own soul and Kylie came more to the forefront of feelings.

The chief watched as JR stepped down from the podium and noticed how easily he had taken on the role and appearance of a teen aged girl and the ease that he stepped down. In her mind no one could mistake him for anything other than a girl. The appearance that was shown to the outside world was that of a girl just coming into the first bloom of womanhood. The chief had visions of it being her own daughter stood there and she smiled as she had fond memories of the now Gothic styled young woman. Jan stood close to JR's shoulder just in case the crowd of officers were overwhelming for the newest recruit. As she looked over the young man/woman she could see no sign of any fear on his her face. In fact there seemed to be a serenity as JR looked around and took in the faces surrounding them.

Suddenly there came a shout from the back of the group and a young female police officer leapt forward over the crowd and bowled JR over. The young woman had her face marred by a look of sheer hatred and JR seemed to curl up in a protective manner. Then suddenly without warning he struck out a fist and connected squarely with the jaw of the officer knocking her flat onto the ground. Jan and his sister looked on with a look of shock at how quickly he had reacted to protect himself from attack and wondered where he had learned martial arts. There were a few things he did keep from his family and the one was the bullying he had suffered at the hands of others in school so during gym he has learned karate. He was glad that he had as he had been able to pull his punches and he knew that the damage he had inflicted would be very minimal.

A crowd formed around the fallen officer and the chief looked at JR in a new light and with a renewed respect not only was this young man so passable but also so able to look after himself. She vowed that if he succeeded in operation flytrap he would be taken on by the force. The officer started to come back around and her attitude was totally different. She was apologetic about the sudden madness that seemed to come over her. JR seemed to see the change in her and he was gentle as he leaned down to help her to her feet and his strength seemed to shock his family and the chief as he almost lifted the woman to her feet. He wasn't out to prove how strong he was or anything but only reacted naturally. As the crowd after that attack thinned JR thought it was the best time to make his escape from the group and to collect his thoughts and he also felt Kylie was starting to take over a bit as he stood there.

He stepped out of the briefing hall and found a quiet spot and slowed his breathing to calm himself down. He went into himself to examine his feelings over his identity etc. he could feel Kylie poking at the edges of his thoughts and he wondered if this duality was the early signs of a developing insanity. He cursed the fact that his intelligence seemed to force him to examine everything; there was the feeling in him that over time he had to let Kylie take over but he worried how his family would feel if he did. His sister found him after ten minutes of searching and as he looked into her face she saw the conflict raging in him. Without a word she enveloped him in a close hug something she hadn't done since he was ten years old. She was starting to worry that she had pushed things to hard and that he wasn't ready to get involved in the investigation. She gently led him from the corner he had hid himself in brought him to where his mother and Jan had just stopped looking for him.

“JR what happened?” His mother asked a shrill not of worry in her voice.

“Nothing mom don't worry please” He almost pleaded.

His mother looking at him was close to the point that she was going to tell him and his sister to drop his involvement in the case and then she remembered how insistent he was. She looked at JR and his sister and after holding a mental dialogue with herself agreed that he should be included. As a psychologist though she was worried that she could lose her son and new found daughter as she recognized the duality in his head. Slowly she heard curses from under JR's breath and she looked closely at her son and his face relaxed as she was starting again to worry JR looked straight into her eyes and smiled.

“Mom you can keep the padded room there is someone I would like you to meet” His voice was gentle and feminine....

“Hi Mom we never really met I kind of hid away behind my big brother, I'm Kylie and I would murder for a coke” the last was said with an impish grin and the three women could not help but laugh.

The four headed out of the headquarters and JR and his mother got into her SUV and they set off without saying much. Both lost very much in their own thoughts one in conflict with herself over the best way now to approach this medically and one wondering if he will lose part of himself. The drive was a quiet one when they pulled into the parking lot of a local play ground settling the SUV into park Mrs. Roberts looked at her new found daughter. There was a deep relaxation to the face that had been missing for a long time.

“Kylie?...” Mrs. Roberts looked at the small form in the passenger seat and could see the feminine movements that came naturally as she thought on how her son always reacted and these were markers to her.

“Yes mom?” the replying voice was soft and gentle and the small tongue flicked over the lips.

“Honey are you sure that this is what you want to do?”

“Mom we can’t allow these people to keep on with what they are doing ruining a life is totally wrong and same as you mom we have to do whatever we can.”

Operation flytrap will be continued……..

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Without a Trace - Part 9

Who has the abilty to cause such an attack? is it hypnosis, or what?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Keeping me hanging on

just enough info to want more

2 out of 5 boxes of tissue and 4 gold starsDesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Can't wait

I had forgotten about this story. I liked it from the start. I hope the next episode comes quickly. I am dying of curiosity.

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpg

Hilltopper

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpgHilltopper

to those following this sage

to those following this sage it is due to continue and well the next part will be there just after christmas with part 11 to follow a week after that
so keep them peeled

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time