Queen Thunder-4

Printer-friendly version
MaryMarvelhoover3.jpg
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics
Queen Thunder-4

A Metastory in the Comics Retcon Universe
by Stanman63
Thanks To JennaFL For Proofing And Nora Adrienne for editing!

Synopsis: When the Earth needs a Champion and Avatar to defend the planet, Billie Batson soon finds that she is the One.

[-][+][-]

I want to thank Lilith Langtree for creating the Comic Retcon Universe. This story is a re visioning of Captain Marvel.

Seeing him in this state, I began to wonder why he was the way that he was, "Sivana, who gave you the enhancements?"

"It was Lex Luthor! I took my formula for creating my enhanced body to him under the understanding that other men would benefit from my design. He did give me my enhancements, but he also turned me into his weapon. It was my arrogance that turned me into a monster," he sighed.

"No, you've always thought of females as nothing but slaves for your amusement and pleasure. The enhancements simply brought out your baser self," announced Diana.

Then Sivana morphed back into his other form, knocking us over, "GOOD TO SEE SO MANY SLUTS SHOWING ME THEIR PANTIES! WHO SHALL I DO FIRST?"

I hit him so hard that he rocketed into the atmosphere, "None, Sivana! How you returned,, I do not know! But I shall end your reign of terror!"

Dru got up and went over to her sister, "We must tell Mother about this so that Paradise Island will be ready."

"Then I will see you two, later?"

"I do not Know, Thunder. Only Hera does," announced Diana.

"Then, I'm off! Farewell for now."

As I rocketed after Sivana, I noticed that the islands below me faded away, leaving ocean behind. THE AMAZONS HAVE BEEN SECURED FROM MAN'S WORLD. ONLY ANOTHER AMAZON OR AMAZON MAY SEE VALKYRIES, NOW informed Hera.

"Valkyries?"

NORSE SISTERS OF AMAZONS.

"Who other than I may see Paradise Island?"

SOON, YOU SHALL MEET OTHER AMAZONS AND VALKYRIES IN YOUR FIGHT AGAINST YOUR FOE. LOOK FOR THE GREEN LIGHT.

"Valkyries? Are they not associated with Odin?"

THEY ARE THE AMAZONS SISTERS.

[-][+][-]

As I pondered what Hera told me, I saw my quarry fighting a giantess wearing a leopard skin leotard. She was holding her own against him until he hit her. She fell down and shrunk down to human size.

"AH, A SLUT RIPE FOR THE PLUCKING," he chortled as he landed by her.

"Why must you continue to be such an asshole?" I asked as I lifted him away from the sprawled form of Giganta.

"YOU SLUT! YOU SHALL NOT DENY ME MY PREY!" he exclaimed as he sent a jolt of electricity into me, sending me into a local pool.

I was getting sick and tired of him, so I rocketed into his back, sending him into Metro River.

"I won't let you hurt another! Try, just try anything!" I said as he came out of the river.

"YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN STOP ME, SLUT?"

"The name is Queen Thunder."

"THUNDER, SHMUNDER! YOU CAN NOT STOP ME!"

I saw Giganta awaken and row until she easily grasped him, "What about me?"

Try as he might, he couldn't get out of her grip, nor speak as all of the power in his suit went to life support.

"I'm Queen Thunder."

"I'm Giganta. Pleased to meet you. Have you met Jade?"

"Not yet. I've just come into my powers and have been tangling with THAT bozo. But I have read about you and Jade in Jimmy Olsen's page in the Planet and Gotham Gazette."

"Well, just wait for a bit and she'll be here."

"Okay."

[-][+][-]

While I was on Paradise Island, Jade's Ring alerted her to my presence.

ALERT! NEW META HUMAN OF INCREDIBLE POWER DETECTED

"Ring, where is this meta human?"

CURRENT POSITION, OVER ATLANTIC OCEAN, HEADING INLAND TOWARDS METROPOLIS

"Giganta is there. Can she meet the new Meta?"

ALERT! INCOMING TARGET OF POWER TARGET METROPOLIS

"Is this another Meta?"

AFFIRMATIVE

"Is it the same Meta?"

NEGATIVE. A NEW ONE WITH POWER EQUAL TO A LANTERN'S

"Is it after the other Meta?"

AFFIRMATIVE. YOU MUST MEET BOTH TO ASCERTAIN EACH ONE'S POWER

"Alena, meet me in Metropolis."

Alena's voice came back, "What's in Metropolis?"

"Two meta human. One is fighting Giganta, and she needs help."

"What about the other one?"

"Fighting the other, but we're both needed in case either or both go rogue."

"Why not call on Phoenix?"

"Only if we can't handle them."

"On my way."

Jade teleported from her ship to the Earth.

[-][+][-]

Alena was on patrol over Gotham City when Jade's Ring called out to her.
After ending the call, she saw a crook using a weird gun to open up the side of GOTHAM FEDERAL RESERVE BANK and cause the gold bars to levitate to a waiting van.

"Hey, Sparky! Those bars aren't yours! Put them back."

He turned around and fired a beam of light at Alena, "Little girl. I am Magno the Great! Master of Magnetism! I am beyond such as you!"

Alena's Ring easily reflected the light back to him, shorting out his guns, "The name is Green Lantern, Bozo."

"ARGH!" With that, he fell down, with the gold over his head.

Alena caught the gold and returned it to the bank and restored the building's wall, then flew to Metropolis.

[-][+][-]

Sivana squirmed, causing Giganta to loosen her hold, "Thunder! He's getting loose!"

"Let him go, I'll deal with him,"

She released Sivana and returned to her normal size. As she was morphing, I saw an aura around her that projected a hologram to keep the public from seeing her naked. Then as she regained her normal size, clothing reformed upon her.

Sivana headed up into the gathering storm and hurled a thunderbolt at me, "LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE LIGHTNING!"

It hit me full force, but instead of hurting me, it empowered me.

"Sivana! I am the Champion of the Earth! I am empowered by Gaea! No natural force can harm me. Here! Have your thunderbolt back!" I announced as I sent the lightning from my hands.

It hit him and shorted out his battle suit, causing him to fall until a green armor suit formed around him, "I WAS TOYING WITH YOU BEFORE! NOW I SHALL CAUSE METRO NUCLEAR TO GO CRITICAL!"

He flew out of sight, heading for Mount Metro: the world's largest man made mountain. It was begun after the Korean War as a bunker against nuclear war. But over the years, new bunkers were built atop the older bunker until a nuclear reactor was installed to handle the power needs.

Mount Metro over the Cold War years had become the center for Cadmus Research Labs. Cadmus was responsible for America's stealth technology as well as genetic research funded by Wayne Tech, Queen Enterprises and Kord Corp.

Within Cadmus was a series of labs whose contents if unleashed, would devastate the planet, not to mention the nuclear reactor that powered the facility.

Mount Metro housed a large, divers assortment of military vehicles and O.M.A.C. soldiers whose purpose was to keep Cadmus safe as well as any Cadmus Allies. Atop of Mount Metro was Metro Lake, A thousand foot deep fresh water reservoir that provided water for the reactor and personnel as well as for Metropolis, itself.

I caught up with Sivana as he started to vaporize the water, thusly using the reactor to overheat. I inhaled, then released my breath, causing the top layers to freeze solid.

"WHAT MUST I DO TO STOP YOU, BITCH?"

"Sivana, if I must die to stop your evil, I will gladly do so!"

"HAH!"

I called up all of my power, infusing myself with the raw energy of the storm, "GOODBYE, GAEA!" I said as I hit him with the full fury of a hurricane, stripping him of his armor and sending him rocketing up where he was caught by a Lex Corp jet.

Seeing his body caught by the jet, I asked, "Is it over?" then I passed out and fell onto the frozen lake cracking the ice.

[-][+][-]

I awoke as Billie Batson. As I stirred, I saw Gaea standing by me, smiling, "You have done very well, my Champion. I am well pleased."

I stood up and bowed to her, "Mother Gaea, I am humbled beyond measure. But I am not worthy of your Praise," I wept.

"Why do you say that?"

"I gave up being your Champion to stop Sivana."

She hugged me, "My Child, THAT is why you are worthy. To willingly make that sacrifice tells me that you truly love the EARTH."

"I do. Shall I return to Unca Dudley?"

"No. You are STILL my Champion. Touch your amulet."

I did and I became Queen Thunder, again, "WOW!" I exclaimed.

"Wow, indeed. Now it is time to meet other Champions."

"Gaea, why are we not speaking telepathically?"

"You were not ready. Next time. Be ready," she said as she faded away.

[-][+][-]

Then I saw three green globs heading my way, focusing on them, I saw that they were Giganta, Jade and Green Lantern, "I am Queen Thunder, Champion of Gaea. I mean no harm."

They landed and Giganta came and shook my hand, "Thanks for the assist against that villain."

"You're most welcome. And his name is Sivana."

Jade looked pensive, "Where is he?"

"A Lex Corp jet caught him. I'd have followed, but I was too tired."

SHE TELLS THE TRUTH

"Was that your Ring?"

"Yes, I am Jade. I am here because my Ring alerted me about you and Sivana. Now I need to know if you are a threat."

"Is that why Green Lantern and Giganta are here?"

"Alena is here in case I need her help if you go rogue. But Giganta is here because she likes you."

"Then will you check me out? I know that I am no threat, but you need to know."

"Alena, scan her please."

She held her ring to me and I felt its green aura.

QUEEN THUNDER IS AN ALLY OF EQUAL POTENTIAL TO ME

"I am magical, in nature, being Blessed by Gaea with power."

QUEEN THUNDER MAY FLY THROUGH THE HEAVENS, HER STRENGTH THE EQUAL OF AMERICAN DREAM

"Thank you Heart."

"Do you wish to join my team?"

"Yes."

Jade passed me a ring, "Then wear this Ring. It will let you appear as anyone and act as a translator as well as let me or the others can contact you."

"Thanks! I can't wait to tell my sister Mary."

"I know what you mean," sighed Alena.

"By the way, I am also known as Billie Batson."

"We know," said Jade as they returned to Jade's ship.

To Be Continued In Red Thunder


Finis

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting

Interesting. Reminds me of my comic book days. Those stories
were filled with action. Then puberty struck and playyboy
became the comic of choice. It's nice to know there is a
a story filled with action, and action figures, yet with a
theme an adult can enjoy. Thanks for this excellent story.

Kaptin Nibbles

Oh Yeah!

This is so much fun! I have not been reading comics for awhile, and this brings up a lot of memories.Keep 'em coming! I sense a great disturbance in the force...could this mean that there is a giant team up in the future?

Wren