Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 5 - You want me

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
"How can I be a 12 year old girl?"

Not that I mind, it gives me a chance to be a proper girl.

"Well it seems that you transformed when I wanted to help you in the shadow realm."

"Oh."

"Well it seems that to repair you, it took the closet source of complete human to help in the reconstruction process."

"You mean, you."

"Yes, I lost half my blood supply and some bone marrow too as well."

"Ouch, I though 2010 was good on medical technology, it must have improved now that I am in 2995."

"You're taking this 985 year jump rather well."

"Always wanted to see what the future is, plus you have the only thing I have worth living for here, Duel Monsters."

"That can't be the only thing you lived for."

"I was an outcast back in 2010; I was a guy who was not sure that they were a guy or a girl."

"At least you get to be a girl now."

"Yeah, but who is going to be looking after a 12 year old girl, that their only comfort in life is Duel Monsters?"

"Well you know I just told you what happened to me, when I wished to help you in anyway possible?"

"Yeah, my memory is not that bad you know."

"Well it seems with the use of my blood and bone marrow, in rebuilding you, you have become my daughter."

"You sure on that?"

"Well they haven’t done complete workup yet of your blood. But if I'm correct you're now technically your own daughter, with your male DNA being the father."

"That is cool."

"Why are you so cool with that?"

"I am in the body I wanted, I always wanted to be a girl."

"Wait, you mean you're transgender of some form?"

"Yeah."

"Well, seeing as you are my daughter by all rights, do you want to live with me?"

"Yeah, seeing as you play Duel Monsters." I point to her deck and the 3 laid out Blue-Eyes.

"I do dabble in the card game."

"You more than dabble." I point towards the duel disk.

"Ah, I see you noticed that."

"Yeah."

"Well that’s the first duel disk to be created."

"Oh, you only have duel arenas?"

"Yeah, but those were developed by me and a friend of mine."

"Who is this friend of yours?"

"Maxine Pegasus, CEO of Industrial Illusions."

"Wait, you mean someone has become a real-life version of Pegasus from the anime/manga?"

"Well, a female version."

"Wait, is there a version of Seto Kaiba here? And also Kaiba Corp?"

"Yes, there is."

"Wait."

"Yeah, what is on your mind?"

"You have just said to me, your friend is Maxine Pegasus. And the fact you helped in building the duel arena's. Must mean you're the head of Kaiba Corp."

"I am, and to formally introduced myself, I am Selina Kaiba — CEO of Kaiba Corp. Also, it seems, genetically your mother."

"Yeah, well I was Sean Weston, but I think that would not be any use anymore."

"Yeah, so you have a name you want now?"

"Well I think Tanya would suit me."

"Tanya, Tanya Kaiba — nice to meet you."

Doctor Franton turns up in the room.

"Ah, I see she's awake."

"I have chosen a name, doc."

"Oh, what is it?"

"Tanya, Tanya Kaiba — I want Selina to be my adopted mum — I feel getting me as her natural daughter would be difficult to explain."

"Selina, you feel you're ready to be a mum?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Well, the stage 3 tests are done. It's as we thought, Tanya's genetically 100% female and is expected to live a full, natural female life."

"You mean full female bodily functions, Doc?"

"Yes, I expect puberty to start soon."

"Cool, so when can I get out of this place and getting up to speed with 30th Century Technology?"

"Well now, really."

"Well before I get out of here can I get some clothes?"

"Miss Kaiba, I have already gotten some mufti clothes ordered."

"EVA, sometimes it's scary what you do."

"I know."

"Wait, you have AI’s?"

"Yep, this one is unique though."

"Well, Miss Kaiba and Tanya I'll be leaving you to your business, you can both reach me via the Kaiba Corp. communications network."

So Doctor Franton leaves. Then there is a knock at the door.

"Come in."

"Miss Kaiba, package of clothes here for the young girl."

I get up, and go over and get the package from one of the security people and then he leaves.

"Well, you think you'll be able to change your clothes, Tanya?"

"Yeah."

I bring the clothes package over to the bed, pick up all of my deck and duel disk.

"Well I have everything, if you need any help — just say 'call Selina' — and the system will call me up."

"Nice."

I leave the room and head back up to my place.

"Well lets get myself into some stuff then."

I get changed into the clothes which had been ordered by the AI — EVA, they fit rather nicely. No shoes though but there are socks. So once I have gotten everything on:

"EVA?"

"Yes, Tanya."

"Well, I am changed, were do I go now?"

"Well, if you wait a moment I have the lift next to the suite down here ready for you. Have not got all the systems updated with you on there yet."

"Thank You, EVA."

"Pleasure to help, Miss Kaiba."

"Can you call me Tanya, so no confusion happens between me and Selina?"

"Noted, Tanya. The lift is now down and ready for you."

"Okay."

I leave the suite, and head to the elevator which is next door. Then I enter it, and the doors then close.

"Tanya I have activated the elevator to go to the Penthouse — Arrival in 5 Seconds."

It arrives quickly and the doors open, it's a massive penthouse and I see Selina come out of what I suppose to be her room, with one difference — a deck holder on her belt

I step out. Then she gestures to the sofa and we both sit down.

"Tanya, you managed to get up here fine."

"Yeah, I notice you carry your deck with you."

"Yeah, makes me feel safe."

"Cool, so what now?"

"Well I have to get EVA to finish registering you as my adoptive daughter, fit a room here to be yours, get you your duel deck here in 2995 and also get you registered for the first year of Duel Academy which is starting this year."

"Wait, I'll be going to Duel Academy?"

"Yeah, and it's like in the anime, separated into dorms."

"So you want me to go there as a student."

"Yep, and you'll be an Obelisk Blue and you don't have to do the entrance exam seeing as you know duel monsters."

"True, so with you only just building the duel disks, you holding the entrance exams at the Kaiba dome which you own."

"Yeah."

"I still want to do the exam."

"Wait, why?"

"So I know that I am capable of passing."

"So you want it as an exhibition match, but not for the tester to know?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, that works."

"How long before the entrance exam?"

"3 Weeks. That should give me enough time to produce enough duel disks."

"So when will I be getting mine?"

"Well, about 10 hours or so."

"Cool, so it'll be a similar one to yours or what the dual academy ones are going to be?"

"Like mine, in every aspect."

"Cool."

"Miss Kaiba, Miss Pegasus is about 5 minutes away."

"Thank you, EVA."

"Wait, she's coming here Selina?"

"Yeah, I need to get her approval for the duel disks and she's bringing something along for you."

"Cool."

"So you feel up to meeting another CEO?"

"So you want me to meet the head of Industrial Illusions? Oh, yes I do."


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!

For the Definate Card Database of the cards in this story — well the ones which are real and not made up by me

http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 6 — 3 Gods

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 5

Wil be fun to see how good of a Duelist Tanya is.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Duel academy

You know it would be really interesting if Tanya started out at slifer dorm just like Jaden and it would be really funny if Tanya was late for her exam just like Jaden beat the head master and still got put in slifer.

Well Shes gonna be in

Well

Shes gonna be in Obalisk Blue, But the Exhibition match she be having, no one will know apart from the princple that shes a Kaiba, plus the tester wont know its a exhibition match

I feel like if u start Tanya

I feel like if u start Tanya out at obelisk she will be looked down upon and only got in because of her mother

The Problem is

The Problem is that she has to be Obelisk Blue - cause it would be expected a Kaiba to be excellent at dueling

Awesome stuff

Drakira's picture

I've watched most of the anime, and I am enjoying this spin. Keep up the good work! I wonder what kind of deck she wants. It's also tempting me to write for this universe now.

Drakira

Drakira

You should try it I'm a big

You should try it I'm a big yugioh fanatic and the yugioh verse is turning out. Well

Hmm...

Drakira's picture

Well, let's see. It's looking like most of the card database is in play, duel disks are just coming out. Synchro and Turbo duels haven't come up yet.

Shouldn't be too hard to craft something. Depends on how much leg room into the mystical I have to work with.

Drakira

Drakira

Well

Well, you can do anything which i havent covered already - but not on the principle of duel acadamy or involving the 3 Egyptian God Cards