Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 6 - 3 Gods

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
"So, you think she'll like me? Miss Pegasus I mean?"

"Well she should, I would like to see the look on her face when you match her on knowledge of the card game though."

"That would be funny to see. So if Miss Pegasus is the head of Industrial Illusions and is based upon the Pegasus I know from the card game — does she have the portable card making machine?"

"She does, and she is bringing it here. That is what I was referring to as something for you — plus some other things too. But I don't know what she could be bringing along with her."

"Okay, I assume she has her deck with her though?"

"Yeah, I think you might know what type, too."

"Toons."

"Yeah, although I don't like the fact she has a Toon version of my Blue-Eyes white dragon." I pout.

"Well, she's gonna have 2 Toon version's of cards in my old deck, Toon Dark Magician Girl and Toon Gemini Elf."

"So you remember what was in your deck?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Miss Kaiba, Miss Pegasus has arrived. She is taking the express elevator up to the penthouse."

"Thank you, EVA."

We turn around to look at the doors, then they open and out steps a 32 year old women , with black hair, wearing a t-shirt and jeans, trainers and carrying 2 cases.

She comes over to the seating area and sits down in the single seat, placing the cases on the table in front of her.

"Ah, Selina. Nice to be invited once more to Kaiba Corp."

"Nice to have you over Maxine."

Maxine turns to face Tanya.

"Ah, who's this young girl, is she one of the employee's daughters who has escaped their parents and has ended up here with the CEO?"

"No, Tanya here is something which requires a bit of explaining but for now I can say she's gonna be my daughter."

"Wait, you decided to adopt this young girl?"

"Yeah, I was getting broody."

"Ah, so Tanya how's your day been?"

"Crazy, but I have met on the same day, the 2 people who are the controlling interests in Duel Monsters."

"Yes, that is true."

Then 3 noises comes out from one of the cases, powerful sounding noises.

"Did anyone hear that noise?"

"Yes/Yes."

"It's different from the Blue-Eyes call I heard earlier."

"Wait, you heard my 3 Blue-Eyes calling out?"

"Yeah I did, Selina."

"Wait, this is unprecedented."

"Well Maxine, the Shadow Realm is real."

"It is?"

"Yeah, I rescued Tanya from there. A Shadow Realm appeared in the Kaiba Dome about 3 hours ago."

"Oh."

"Well I had to do a Shadow game though, luckily," I pick up my duel disk. "I had this with me."

"Ah, you finished the prototype Duel Disk."

"Yeah."

The noise comes out again from one of the boxes.

"Maxine what have you brought along with you?"

"Ah, the extra surprise."

"Well I have managed to create the 3 strongest Duel Monsters in the history of the anime, in reality."

"Wait, Miss Pegasus, you have not made the 3 Egyptian God Cards, have you?"

"You can call me Maxine dear Tanya, and yes I have."

She opens the smaller of the 2 boxes and takes out another box which is big enough to have 3 cards side by side.

"Bear in mind, these are going to be the only 3 in existence."

"Ah, you decided to take the same precaution the anime Pegasus did."

"Yes."

Maxine then puts both of the bigger boxes on the floor and then opens the Egyptian God Card box, then we all hear the 3 cries of the Egyptian God Cards.

"That sounds so beautiful."

"Yeah it does."

"Well, Tanya, what do you think should be done with these 3?"

"Hmm, well if they are going to be like they should be, they should only be used by someone with the right spirit."

"My thoughts exactly. The reason I have brought the god cards with me is that I made a promise to Selina that I would show any new cards to her first."

"But I think Selina is not the right holder of these cards."

"Yes, but what about you?"

"You want someone you only just met to hold the 3 most powerful cards in all Duel Monsters?"

"Yes, I can tell you have the right attitude."

Then I walk over to the cards.

Slifer the Sky Dragon, Obelisk the Tormentor and The Winged Dragon of Ra — the most powerful cards in all of duel monsters, and if I was correct these guys are not just the cards but also focuses for the real versions of these cards.

"I'll take them, but only on one condition."

"What is that Tanya?"

"I only use them when I want to. I don't want to flaunt them."

"Sensible outlook, Tanya — I also have this." she pulls out a necklace with a Duel Monster card holder on it. "This card holder will protect these cards regardless of conditions."

She hands the Necklace over to me, I put it on, but currently leave the cards in the box.

"I take it, I get the box too?"

"Yeah." I pick the box up and close it, and put it on my lap.

"Well Maxine, want to give my daughter her other present?"

"Ah, yes." She brings up the bigger case. "This case here is something which is a close secret of mine and Selina's. Also now yours."

Maxine opens the case and there is what can only be described as a miniature printing press.

"Wait, is that a portable Duel Monster card press?"

"How astute of you, Tanya."

"I was asked to bring this along as a favor to Selina."

"Well Tanya, I wanted you to have the opportunity to rebuild your Duel Monsters deck."

"Oh, cool."

"EVA, link up Holo Interface and Card Database to the IL Mini Press."

"Already done Miss Kaiba."

Then in front of me, 2 holographic screens appear, one which is a card database, the other is a deck window.

"I take it, this works with using my finger movements to move the appropriate card from the card database to the deck window?"

"Yep, and don't forget there are filter windows."

"Well this might take a while guys."

"Take all the time you need Tanya Kaiba, me and your mother Selina will be in her office discussing some important business. Oh, there is no limit on how many cards apart from I only have card stock for 400 cards here."

"Wow, I don't think I'll be building more than 2 decks anyhow."

"Well it's there if you need it. Shall we go into the office, Selina?"

"Yeah, and oh Tanya, I'll leave the door open so you can shout to me."

They get up and go to what looks like a very nice door, with her name on it and enter. At least she doesn't have to go far from home to work. I notice the door is left ajar enough.

"EVA."

"Yes, Tanya."

"Can I get some food I am rather peckish."

"What would you like to eat."

"Hmm, do you have a visual database for the kitchen?"

"We do, Tanya. I'm opening a new holo-screen now."

I look at the holo-screen which has overlaid and put the card/deck screens to the back, that's cool. I look through the database and order a pint of Coke, chips, and spicy breaded chicken.

"Order acknowledged, order will be done in 30 minutes."

"Oh EVA, can you order for Maxine and Mum their normal drinks, I assume you have this on record?"

"Yes I do, should I include a note saying you ordered this for them?"

"Yeah, that would be a good idea."

The food screen disappears and I continue building my deck. When I get to selecting the mainstay monster I imagine it in front of me. Along with the 3 Egyptian God Cards. I get a feeling of approval from their spirits.


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!

For the Definate Card Database of the cards in this story — well the ones which are real and not made up by me

http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 7 — It's Time to Duel

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 6

Are the Duel Disks used like those used in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's? and will they be using the Duel Runners?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well

Well the Duel Disks which Selina, Tanya and Maxine will have or have are Battle City ones, the Duel Academy ones are the same from GX

5D'S ones and Duel runnner are not going to be avalible yet, well not for a while - Selina has only just build Duel Disks.

So far the stories are

So far the stories are awesome keep up the good work and I'm am so excited about the part where Tanya will try to duel to get in duel academy

hmm

Well thats going to be funny, as only Tanya, Selina, Maxine and the Principle of Duel Academy know that shes already in and its a exhibition match

Beast cards

Since it's duel academy you going to talk about the beast card? Lao are you going to use the Norse god cards in your story?

Well

The only God level cards are the 3 Egyptian God Cards at the moment - Sacred Beasts may turn up

What is a muse?

What is a muse?

Writing

Term used in writing and used here on the site - To do with writing, not having inspiration

Tanya's Deck

Drakira's picture

Something tells me I can tell what will be the main style of the deck that she is going to be building. I'm thinking spellcasters, since you said Dark Magician Girl and Gemini Elf. I'm also betting the frontliner will be Dark Magician.

Drakira

Drakira

well

Well, maybe - she might build another deck too

nice story

as long it not like my dragon deck with 3 big hiter.

here im back