Halloween

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Having paid little attention to the fact that Halloween and the company party was looming, Chris asks his wife to arrange a costume...

Story:

 © Oct 2006 — Nick B - All rights reserved

Chapter 1

The thing with Halloween is that it’s unpredictable; predictably so.

Last year for instance, was not what Chris Burton would have expected even if he had been told it would happen beforehand.

Chris owned and ran a software company and business was a little down at that particular time. He had started the company in October of 1999, just when everyone was panicking about the Millennium Bug. You know, it was just prior to that time when all computers were supposed to go ‘phut’ and keel over onto their metaphoric backs, leaving big business in the brown, smelly stuff.

Thus Millennium Software (unimaginatively named it’s true, but what the hey?) was born on the back of the switch to Y2K. He was contracting through an agency going around to different companies and sorting out their PC’s. He was good with the customers, which meant business through referral. The work came in faster than he could deal with it and he found that his services were becoming more sought after, requiring him to take on staff.

One, James Healey or Jamie, was a real whiz and between them, they managed to keep the company going well beyond Y2K and now, he is the Technical Director of Millennium Software, which in turn, is now a respectable software house, employing one hundred and forty staff, in their own building and okay, it’s not big, but then neither was Microsoft to begin with.

Chris initially took Jamie on as an employee on the 31st — Halloween and since that was really the start of the company, it was decided that they’d throw a party each year to celebrate and being Halloween, it gave them an excuse to make the ‘party’ fancy dress. No-one really had trouble finding something to dress up as; well no-one except Chris that was, who regularly ‘forgot’ with the excuse that there were other more pressing things on his mind.

On this particular occasion, Chris was feeling down in the dumps. As mentioned earlier, the company was facing something of a slump and he and his wife, Jess, found it a pretty trying time. He was waiting to meet with a representative from a big company, SolTech and the project that promised (if it ever got off the ground) would be worth millions to Millennium Software. As far as Chris was concerned, it would also mean hitting the big time.

As a result, Chris’s mind spent too much time worrying about the SolTech account and not enough on the present; the present being Thursday the thirty-first of October - Halloween. Needless to say, he had once again given no thought to a costume and was only reminded by Jamie that afternoon.

“What are you coming as?” He asked.

“What?”

“Tonight; what are you going to be? A werewolf, vampire or are you going to be that stupid ghost again?”

“Shit!” said Chris. “I haven’t got anything.”

“You ARE kidding aren’t you?” said Jamie shaking his head. “Not again. Trust you.” Chris mouthed something unrepeatable at Jamie.

“I’ll have something by this evening, don’t worry.” he said, wishing he’d paid more attention. He’d have to get Jess to help him out. He phoned her immediately and when he broached the subject, she was not impressed.

“You want me to do what?”

“Well, I forgot, what with the up and coming SolTech project and all. Can’t you whip something up for me?”

“And just when am I supposed to do that?”

“Please Jess. I’ve got to have something.”

“Chris, you always leave it to me to fix these things for you and then you won’t wear what I get for you. Last time you ruined one of my best sheets for that stupid ghost costume.”

“Aw, Come on Jess. I won’t this time, I promise.”

“Yeah, we’ve been through this before and you always wimp out.”

“I promise, what else can I say? I won’t ‘wimp out’ Jess. I can’t let the side down.”
“Perhaps there’s something I could do.” she said and then paused. “Hmm, I Do have one idea.”

“What have you got in mind, Jess?” he asked, recognising a scheme of some sort brewing in his wife’s mind.

“Trust me. Well, you’ll have to, won’t you? You don’t have much choice” There was another short pause. “Alright, I’ll give it a go, but only if you promise to wear what I get you, because I’ll never forgive you if you don’t. I’m going to have to go some to get it together as it is.”

“It’s a deal.” he said, feeling quite smug that he’d finally talked her into it. “You’re an angel!”

He got home later that afternoon and there was no sign of Jess. He was pretty worried since, as guests of honour so to speak, they were expected to be there, but it was nearing five o’clock and he was nervous as hell. The longer he was at home on his own, the longer he had to think about what Jess might have been planning and the more nervous he became, wondering whether giving her carte-blanche was such a good idea.

The intervening minutes between his arrival and Jess’s seemed more like hours and he was nearly in a sweat by the time he heard her key turning in the lock.

“You’re back!” he said, sounding extremely relieved and nervously excited.

“Of course I am! Did you think I wouldn’t be?” she asked slightly amused.

“Well, we’re supposed to be there at eight, I thought it might be cutting it a bit fine.” he reasoned.

“Don’t worry. There’s plenty of time. We can get ready together. I have it all under control.” she assured.

“Speaking of which, what have you got for me?” he asked.

“It’s a surprise. In the meantime, go upstairs and have a shower after you’ve used this.” She handed him a bottle. “Then once you’ve showered, rub this all over where… oh, just rub it all over and come back downstairs. Now be quick, we haven’t much time.” He took the second bottle and looked at the two of them, not really taking any notice of the brightly coloured labels.

“What am I supposed to do with these?” he asked.

“Just follow the instructions you idiot. It’s not rocket science.”

He wandered off upstairs, grumbling about the fact that when he mentioned the fact they didn’t have much time, it was all under control, then suddenly, less than five minutes later, they didn’t have enough. He sat on the toilet to read the instructions on the bottle.

“Er, Jess?” he shouted downstairs.

“What now?” she responded in a fairly bored tone.

“This stuff is hair removal cream.”

“I know. That’s why I bought it.”

“So why have I got to use it?”

“You have hairy legs. They’ll show through the costume. Just use it, it won’t hurt.”

“Won’t hurt?” he thought. They weren’t her legs were they?

“Don’t forget to do your arms, chest, tummy and underarms as well.” she shouted and he nearly had an apoplectic fit.

“But…” he started.

“You’re not going to wimp out on me are you?” she asked sounding very dangerous. “You promised.”

He did what he was told. He had learnt years ago not to argue back, it can get very messy very quickly, so he started to apply the foul-smelling pink gloop to his body.

He just applied it liberally from the neck down and stood statue-like for the requisite fifteen or so minutes wrinkling his nose at the distasteful odour. It started to sting a bit around the jollicals, but he was soon under the shower, scraping the gunk off with much relief.

Once he had showered, he applied the moisturiser from the second bottle and was more than a little surprised by the sensation and appearance. He felt like a schoolboy again. He shaved his face, pulled on his dressing gown and headed downstairs, the hem of which brushed against his thigh as he moved and with no hair, it felt quite different than it had before.

In fact, he started to notice all of the hairless areas and was getting quite ‘distracted’ in more ways than one however his ardour was soon squashed by what Jess had in store for him.

He was handed a bunch of lingerie items including stockings and suspenders, which was enough to get him asking questions; serious questions.

“You said you weren’t going to wimp out on me.” she said pouting slightly. “And besides, you never mind me wearing them.”

“Yes, but they’re FOR women. That’s why YOU get to wear them.”

“That’s not very fair for a start and anyway, they’re part of your costume.”

“No wonder you wouldn’t tell me what I was wearing.” he said.

“Are you backing out?” she asked, that danger returning to her tone and he remembered the conversation earlier. He had promised and now he wished he’d thought a bit more before jumping in quite so readily.

“No Jess.” he said looking at the floor in front of his feet and resigning himself to his fate. He gathered up the lingerie she had put together and went to go upstairs.

“Where are you going?”

“Upstairs to get dressed.” he said.

“Oh no you don’t. I’m not risking you laddering [putting a run in] those stockings. I know you know how to get them off me well enough, but it’s a whole other ball-game putting them on.”

A few minutes later, he was stood in a pair of glossy black nylons and suspenders, black silk knickers [panties] and he had to admit, he could see the attraction; they felt really nice, especially against his hairless skin.

He wasn’t sure what Jess had in mind for the top half and then she advanced on him with an aerosol and squirted him on either side of his chest before sticking a large rubber ‘breast’ on his left side, telling him to hold it there, while she pressed another to his other side, telling him to hold that one as well.

“Hey! What’s this?” he shouted, shocked at having the large prosthetics glued to him.

“It’s just more realistic if they’re glued on and not just dumped into the bra cups. We can add makeup and blend them in. They’ll look like they’re yours and you’ll be able to show some cleavage.”

He felt quite odd as they weren’t light and when she said he could let go, he removed his hands and was completely dumbfounded by their realism. They hung there like the real thing, complete with raised nipples.

She spent a few minutes adding foundation type stuff around the edges and in the end, you couldn’t see where he ended and they began.

“Put this on — if you can — before you get locked up for exposing yourself.” she said, tossing him a black half-cup bra/girdle combination. This was tight and not the easiest thing in the world to do up, but he wasn’t going to be beaten and within a few moments, he was complete and looking surprisingly feminine, the girdle pulling in his stomach and accentuating the boobs-waist-hips effect.

“I can hardly breathe.” he said.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it. Just be thankful I didn’t go for the lace-up version. Now, there’s a dress on the bed, go and put that on. I’ll go have a shower and we can finish off after that.” she said and dutifully, he went upstairs.

On the bed was a midnight blue velvet dress that looked as though it had come out of the eighteenth century with a pair of leather ankle-boots on top. He gingerly stepped into the dress then tried to pull the zip up the back and when after much struggling, he got it all the way to the top, he looked in the full length mirror and was quite stunned. He stepped into the boots and as ‘low’ a heel as they had (probably no more than two inches), it still felt as though he was walking on stilts.

“God alone knows how women walk in the higher ones!” he thought.

Aside from the lack of makeup and his hair, everything else looked quite a bit more convincing than he would have thought possible. The bodice was quite low-cut showing cleavage, which the rubber boobies provided, looking very realistic indeed. The skirt was made to accentuate the hips, coming down about his ankles, so even without a real ‘hourglass’ figure, he wound up very feminine looking.

He made his way carefully down to the lounge, negotiating the stairs in a long skirt and heels for the first time and aware after the second step that falling was a distinct possibility. In the lounge, he couldn’t help looking at himself in the mirror over the fireplace, taking in the vision before him.

“I could get used to this.” he thought then blushed at the thought of that thought.
Jess was soon down from her ablutions.

“Well now, don’t you just look a picture?” she said, seeing him standing there in the deep blue velvet dress. He blushed and without even trying, looked very demure.

Chris had made drinks and they were ready to attack the war-paint, which was an application of layers and layers that seemed to go on for ever, taking his normally olive skin tone to almost white, adding several shades of colour to the eyes and at least two to the lips. He was really glad he had Jess to do it for him or they’d probably never have got out of the house at all — leastways, not without him looking like Coco the clown or worse.

By the time she’d finished, Chris was gone and in his place was a very pale gothic beauty with deep plum lips, fingernails to match and heavily darkened eyes that had just a touch of devilishness about them. The crowning glory was a blonde wig that Jess had brought. They each had one and both were very in keeping with the period of the dresses, making them look like a couple of high-borne young ladies of the eighteenth century.

With the false fangs (good ones too, not those things that look like they’ve come out of a Christmas cracker) and the dots on their necks (made of rubber solution and makeup and looking like they were healed up holes), they were ready to hit the party as a couple of lesbian vampires.

They entered the taxi and giggled when the driver asked “where can I drop you ladies” and Chris had to salute Jess’s ingenuity for coming up with the idea at such short notice. He couldn’t say he had ever thought of his wife in the way she was portraying herself and wondered more about what possessed her to think that he would ever go for this. Had he not promised, he definitely wouldn’t have, but there he was, getting fully into character and loving every minute of it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once at Millennium Software, he became scared old Chris and almost had a full-blown panic attack in the foyer [lobby] before going through into the canteen, where the party was being held. It took some fairly strong words from Jess to get him in. He managed it eventually though (thanks to Jess’s ‘cattle-prod’ tongue) and was really surprised (and not just a little disappointed) that no-one seemed to recognise or even notice him.

Well, wasn’t that basically the idea?

It did take some time and he and Jess stood having a couple of drinks while people sat or mingled in groups. They watched the crowd and realised that Jess was right, they were the best there. They certainly had more complete costumes and he had to wonder why it was that he was dolled up from the inside out, when it was clear that others had not tried nearly so hard and no-one could see what was underneath anyway.

Jamie was on his way to the toilets dressed quite convincingly as a scarecrow when he noticed Chris and Jess standing watching the party.

“Good eve…” his jaw dropped open. “Bloody hell!”

“What’s the matter?” Chris asked innocently. “Haven’t you ever seen a couple lesbian vampires before?”

“No, I mean, fuck, that’s brilliant!”

“Why thank you Master James.” he said with an inclination of the head and smiling slightly. “I can only curtsey in deepest respect to my good lady wife and admit that I had nothing to do with it. It was all her idea.” he said curtseying and almost touching the floor, looking as demure as he could then smiling wickedly and showing the fangs.

“Well, it’s… It’s astonishing!” Jamie said, his eyes going wide at the level they had taken it to this year, clearly impressed. “Got to run, back in a moment.” he added clutching his crotch and dashed out of the door.

The DJ played a fairly slow number and Jess asked Chris to dance. He wasn’t particularly keen on the idea as he was still learning to walk in the heels, not that it mattered as Jess wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

The couple of drinks that he’d had loosened him up and coupled with the fact that he was so chuffed that the costume was a success that he forgot himself and strolled (I use the term loosely) out onto the dance floor.

“You look lovely.” said Jess.

“You look even better.” he replied.

“Why thank you ma-am.” she said and glued her lips to his.

It was probably due to the way he was dressed, but the kiss took on a whole new meaning as they swayed to the beat of the music, their breasts mashing together in the embrace, Jess holding him close in the dimly-lit room.

The three or four minutes of the tracks duration felt like an eternity and the passion certainly rose the longer it lasted. Chris was transported to another place as they danced. He’d never been a dancer, preferring instead to proclaim having two left feet, but now, he didn’t want the song to end, even though there was no way he knew what it was.

By the end of it, he and Jess were quite breathless and made their way back to the side, noticing for the first time that a great many of the party-goers had actually been watching their antics on the floor. They both looked somewhat sheepish at the expressions on the faces of the watchers. There were a lot of very slack jaws amongst them and neither would have been surprised if many of those weren’t experiencing a rise in their pulse-rate or at the very least, temperature judging by the flushed faces.

“What’s the matter? Haven’t you ever seen a couple dancing together before?” Chris asked in a loud voice, showing his fangs and that kind of broke the ice.

From then on, it was a gentle but constant stream of people all bringing compliments for the costumes and saying that it wasn’t until they looked carefully that they realised who he was, then really gushing at Jess for having done such a brilliant job. Between them, he thought their egos were about as bolstered as much as was feasible in such a comparatively short space of time, but it seemed that all too soon, it was time to leave.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That was SUPPOSED to be the end of it, the finish of a really good and successful evening, but it wasn’t.

The reason why Jess had him in the stockings and suspender belt, bra and realistic fake boobs kit, was soon to become apparent. He closed the door behind them after paying the taxi driver and went to head upstairs.

“And just where do you think you’re going?” she asked.

“Upstairs to take this lot off.” he responded.

“Uh-huh, no you don’t. You don’t think that I went to all the trouble to get you dressed up like that to have you take it all off without me do you?”

“W-What…?” he stammered.

“I thought since you’d given me carte-blanche, I’d make full use of it. You didn’t think I’d give up the chance to have a ‘lesbian’ fling with my husband, did you?”

“Well, I hadn’t thought about it that way.” he said his mind racing. Then all became clear. The underwear for the costume was something Jess added for her own benefit.

Well, well, well.

She took him by the hand and pulled him to her, kissing him tenderly.

“I’ve wanted to see you like this for ages.” she said huskily into his ear.

“I hope I haven’t disappointed then.” he said almost in a gasp. Jess smiled, kissing him again, the costume, the makeup and everything else crashed in all at once, nearly causing his legs to buckle.

“I see you’re enjoying this too; excellent! Shall we continue this somewhere more comfortable?” Chris didn’t answer. He was having enough trouble coordinating as it was. That last kiss along with everything else knocked the stuffing and apparently, the stuffiness out of him.

She took him by the hand and led him upstairs to the bedroom. He felt extremely vulnerable, a bit like it was his first time, but then he supposed in one way, it was. He didn’t think he could feel quite this nervous in front of his own wife, but there you go.

She helped him off with the dress, leaving him stood in his underwear, getting more nervous by the second. Then she started to stroke his body; running her hands up his sides and below his breasts, back down and over his silken buttocks to the top of his stockings, threading her fingers through the garters that held the stockings in place, while kissing his neck, his face and oh my goodness... He was trembling like he was stood on jelly [you lot call it Jello apparently where ‘jelly’ is what we call jam or preserve].

He helped her off with her dress and moments later, they were stood in two puddles of clothes both of them, gently running their hands over each others bodies, kissing various places and it was all very subdued, neither of them speaking.

It didn’t take long before they were just down to stockings and on the bed, continuing the caressing, the nibbling and the stroking as if discovering each other’s bodies for the very first time, sliding against each other, each of them revelling in the smoothness of the others body against theirs.

It was the single most sensuous and erotic time he had ever had the fortune to be involved in. There was no rush and no race to get to any particular point by any particular time. They just let it flow until both of them had expired, waking the next morning nylon sheathed legs curled around and against one another, breasts crushed between their bodies, bed clothes strewn asunder.

The two of them were a little sheepish. He thought Jess was nervous because he had found out that she had lesbian fantasies and he certainly was because she now knew that he enjoyed being dressed as a woman and being treated as such. They both agreed though that it was probably… hell DEFINITELY and without a shadow of doubt, the best sex either of them had had — ever.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 2

It all kind of fizzled out when they realised that as nice as it would be to have another go, both of them had to go to work and it was with no small measure of regret that Chris rolled his stockings down his legs and off, placing them with his suspender belt and wishing that he could just call in sick or something.

Stood in front of the mirror, he tried to remove the breast forms and try as he might, he couldn’t. They were firmly stuck in place and wouldn’t budge, except to take the real bits of him with them.

“JESS!” he yelled.

“What!?” she yelled back.

“How do I get these bloody tits off?”

“Oh shit!” she said.

“What ‘Oh Shit’?” he asked.

“I didn’t bring the bloody solvent with the forms and the glue.”

“Well that was smart. You’ll have to go and get it then won’t you?”

“I can’t. Mum’s not going to be home until tonight, maybe tomorrow. I’m afraid you’ll have to live with them for another day.”

“You’re mad. I can’t do that. I have a meeting with Bill from SolTech today.” he said, beginning to panic. “I’m doomed.” he said morosely, sinking to the floor.

Jess stood in silence thinking while he sat there on the bathroom floor in a state of shock.

“Has he met you before?” she asked finally.

“No. Why?”

“Then you’re not doomed. Just go as a woman, rather than Chris. He’ll never know will he?”

“I can’t do it, Jess.” he said.

“You did it last night and no-one knew who you were even, never mind that you weren’t really a woman.”

“Yeah, but this is different. For a start, there’s no subdued lighting and no alcohol. It’s going to be a brightly-lit office with a totally sober customer.”

“Then we’d better make you convincing then hadn’t we?”

She was all business from that moment on. First she went back into the bedroom and rifled through her wardrobe, pulling out things here and there, then she brought tights, panties, the boots and girdle that he’d worn the night before, but it was the makeup job that sold it, topped off with a brunette bob wig that may have been old, but it fitted nicely and actually looked better than the blonde one he wore the night before. By the end of her ministrations, Chris looked about as girly as anyone could.

“It’s a bloody good job you’re a similar size to me. Now, speak to me.” she said.

“What?”

“Speak to me.”

“What do you want me to say?” he asked.

“Soften your voice. We haven’t got time for coaching so just speak softly. That should do it.”

“This is not going to work. What will the others think?”

“Well if you keep up with that kind of negativity, it definitely won’t work. As far as what the others think, you’re making the best of a bad job. You don’t want your company going down hill or even under thanks to a stupid mistake and you’re doing your best to make sure that doesn’t happen. Anyway, I doubt anyone will recognise you.”

He wasn’t happy. A joke’s a joke, but this was possibly pushing things a little further than most people would feel comfortable with and he was one of them.

He left the house petrified, the broad daylight of the morning coating everything with stark clarity. He was dressed in a charcoal-grey two-piece business suit; the skirt falling to just below the knee, black sheer tights and boots, oh and don’t forget the wig. Under the short jacket, he wore a plain white blouse and a white bra, but underneath all of that, he was convinced the whole street could see him; were all actively looking and pointing fingers.

He didn’t feel comfortable at all as he walked across the short paved area to the drive and his car, the heels of his boots (he did like them and found them oddly comfortable), striking staccato ‘cracks’ that he felt sure threatened to waken everyone who wasn’t awake already and draw them to their windows. Their curtains [drapes] were already twitching in his minds eye.

Aside from the feeling of being watched by all and sundry, there were two things that he REALLY felt uncomfortable with: one was the handbag and the other was the change to the undercarriage. It wasn’t that the handbag was horrible (in the hands of a woman perhaps), but it was a handbag for God’s sake and carrying it made him feel a complete Nancy-boy [queer, cup-cake].

The change to the undercarriage was down to the fact that he was wearing a fairly tight skirt and that meant he had to wear fairly tight panties. He had argued that his own pants would be fine, but Jess pointed out that they were too thick and would show — VPL of boxers or ‘Y’ fronts was inappropriate.

If that wasn’t bad enough, she showed him in the mirror what even a flaccid penis looked like under the skirt. From that point on, it was tight panties and ‘Willy’ was tucked back between his legs — an incredibly weird sensation if one hasn’t tried it before, although it DID make the front of his skirt look a lot more flattering.

He had been accosted by so much to remember, so many things not to do and equally, so many things TO do, none of which were apparent during the party.

The main reason for that was the fact that the heavy velvet dress he wore hid everything. You could have had several people under that skirt without anyone noticing. He wasn’t supposed to be a girl when he was wearing it either; he was supposed to be a man in drag for a party and therefore, didn’t have the finer nuances to remember about being female. This time, the opposite was true and it was just fortunate that the previous night’s excursion into the realm of womanhood was realistic enough to make today possible.

He got into the car and rummaged through the small number of things that Jess had added to the handbag; things he would need through the day like mobile phone, card-key for work, lipstick, hairbrush, tissues, a couple of tampons (why?), keys and money. It was like he was a little kid going off to school with a lunchbox that had teddy-bears on the outside rather than Superman or Spiderman.

His nails had been left painted, and he looked at them as he put the key in the ignition.

What the hell was he doing? Jess’s voice rang in his head “…if you keep up with that kind of negativity, it definitely won’t work…” echoing like an over-enthusiastic recording engineer’s work after he had just discovered the reverb knob.

He turned the key and the engine growled into life. He tried to arrange his feet on the pedals as he normally did, but in the boots, it all felt so alien. Christ, he could barely walk in the buggers, now he was going to have to start getting dexterous.

He was a bit jerky driving down the road for the first time in those heels. However, by about the half way point in his journey, he was getting the hang of it, but boy did it feel strange. By the time he pulled into the car park, he had neither lost his temper nor hit anything and if he had, he was wearing clean underwear, albeit Jess’s.

He nearly fell off his heels twice as he attempted the walk across the car park between his car and the building, but those slips were the least of his problems. His main concern was how he was supposed to get past reception? Mary was sure to know who he was and he would within five minutes, be the laughing stock of the company. He stopped, pulled his mobile out of the purse and phoned Jamie.

“Can you come downstairs and let me in the building?”

“What? Can’t you get in yourself?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“I think you need to see this for yourself.” he said. “And promise you won’t laugh.”

“Laugh?”

“Yeah, you know; it’s that thing you do when you hear a joke, or see something funny. Just get down here.”

“Okay. I promise. See you in a minute.”

It was a very bemused looking Jamie who left the building some five minutes later. Chris had gone back to his car. It was cold and as nice as women’s clothes may look, they are generally thin and not much use against the cold, never mind the draught that was blowing up the skirt and through the rather insubstantial panties.

He tried a casual walk across the car park, slipped off his heel and tried a casual ‘limp’ instead.

Jamie looked across the rows of parked cars and turned back.

“Jamie!” shouted Chris. Once again Jamie scanned through the rows of vehicles and looked right through him, past him or something, but he didn’t rest his gaze on him, Fortunately Chris was nearing. Jamie’s bemused look turned to a frown.

“Jamie!” Chris called again and the frown deepened as Jamie stared at him, his ‘breasts’ wobbling up and down inside his jacket as he limped towards the confused young man, causing something of a hypnotic trance to set in on the face of the hapless Jamie.

“It’s me - Chris.” He said from about fifteen feet and Jamie’s jaw nearly hit the ground.

“What the hell are you doing here looking like that?”

“I had a bit of a problem.”

“No shit, Sherlock.”

“Jess forgot to bring the solvent for the glue that holds these on, er, my eyes are up here?” said Chris pointing at his face.

“What? Oh, yes, sorry.”

“Look, I wouldn’t have come in at all had it not been for the meeting later.”

“Bill will be surprised.”

“Not half as much as I was, I’m sure.”

“Or me.” Jamie started to laugh.

“Er, Jamie.” Chris prompted. “You promised.”

“Yes, sorry. I forgot myself for a moment.” he said and burst into fits of giggles. He coughed and cleared his throat and Chris could see tears starting from the corners of his eyes, but bless him, he did hold it together long enough to get into the building.

Chris needn’t have worried about reception, as Mary hadn’t arrived anyway, but being escorted in by Jamie, certainly prevented people from asking questions and causing more embarrassment.

Upstairs, Jamie was starting to lose it again as Chris followed him into his office, closing the door behind them.

“The shock is Chris; you actually look quite stunning. You’re a bit slim round the arse [butt] perhaps, but apart from that, it’s pretty good and I like the hair.”

“Thanks.” he said smiling a bit coyly and fluttering his mascara coated eyelashes.

“That’s not going to help.” said Jamie and both of them burst out laughing.

“Who is this Bill anyway?”

“Don’t know. They just said “their representative”.”

“Have you met him?”

“No.”

“Well we’ll just have to wait and see I suppose.”

The big question of course, was what they were going to tell others. It was alright to try and hoodwink Bill, out of necessity of course, but what of the others at work?

Jamie suggested that Chris should be his sister.

“I suppose it might work.” said Chris. “It’s risky though, don’t you think?”

“No worse than you dressing up like that to come to work.” Chris had to agree.

“What’s my name?”

“Chris.”

“Not MY name, dumb-dumb, my sister’s.”

“How about Pippa, short for Philippa?”

[Authors note: Pippa is a very English name and not some sort of joke. You probably know it better as Phyllis, but I’m English and Phyllis is probably as rare over here as Pippa is to you]

“Do I really look like a Philippa? It’s a bit ‘horsy’ don’t you think?”

“Not really I suppose, but then does anyone? I mean look like their names?” That was a point. Take Moon Unit Zappa for example.

“Okay. It’ll do.”

“Best you get back to your office and calm down, Bill will be here about ten.”

Chris sat in his office and got more and more nervous. He took a breath as Jess’s words once again imposed themselves on his mind “…if you keep up with that kind of negativity, it definitely won’t work…” which made him steel his resolve somewhat.

He had good reason to be nervous though, when one of the secretaries, Wendy, wandered in, took one look at him and excused herself again. Seconds later, her head poked round the door.

“Er, I’m sorry, but who are you?”

“I’m Philippa, Chris’s sister? Call me Pippa.” Chris lied trying to soften his voice like Jess had told him, smoothing the hair of the wig.

“I can see the resemblance.” she said. “You could almost be twins.”

“Identical twins at that.” thought Chris smiling inwardly, unable to tell whether she ‘read’ him or was just being kind. All he knew was that she seemed quite happy and he was just about to let out a “phew!” after she left the office, when she poked her head back round the door and asked if he wanted coffee.

“Please. Two sugars, white please.” he said.

“Like Chris!” the secretary smiled and once the door was closed behind her, he could feel a flush creeping up his face. He just hoped it would have dissipated by the time she came back. He continued to browse the documentation regarding the up coming project when she came back in.

“It’s nice to have another woman in here.” she said, placing the coffee down on a coaster on the desk.

“Oh?”

“I didn’t mean anything by it. It’s just nice to see a woman in a position that normally seems to be exclusive for men, if you know what I mean.”

“I do, but don’t get too used to it. I won’t be here that long. I’m just covering for Chris while he’s away.”

“Shame. Never mind. Enjoy it while it lasts then.”

“How ever short a time it lasts, it’d be too long.” Chris thought. Still, it was nice to pass for one of the girls. In fact, that thought probably reduced his nerves more than anything else.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The phone rang and it was Mary on reception.

“There’s a visitor for you and Mr. Healey, Mr. Burton” she said.

“Thanks.” he said. “By the way. It’s Ms. Burton.”

“Who?”

“I’m sorry, we weren’t introduced. I’m Philippa, but I prefer Pippa. I’m Chris Burton’s sister.”

“Well it was nice of your brother or Jamie to let me know.” she said sourly.

“I’m sorry, but you weren’t there this morning or I’d have done it myself.”

“I’m sorry too Pippa. It’s just it happens all the time.”

“I know how you feel. I seem to be getting things sprung on me at the last minute as well at the moment. Would you mind asking him to wait?”

“Him?”

“It IS ‘Bill’ who’s arrived isn’t it? We’re expecting a Bill, from SolTech.”

“Yes, that’s her.”

“Her?” Chris spluttered. “The buggers! They’ve done it again. Would you mind asking her to wait?”

“Certainly Pippa.”

Chris headed downstairs. Bill was a woman? He wasn’t prepared for that at all.

He arrived in reception and smiled at Mary.

“You must be Pippa.” she said with a warm smile. Odd; Chris never got one of those.

“Bill?” he said to the visitor.

“Hi.” she said. “Belinda Dempsey, but everyone calls me Bill. I know. You were expecting a William. SolTech does that. It kind of puts people off guard.” she laughed a warm, rich laugh, but it didn’t take away Chris’s increasing nervousness.

Chris took Bill to his office and sat her down, asking if she’d like a coffee.

“Yes please, it’s a long slog through the traffic.” she replied. Chris went to find Wendy. Whilst waiting for their coffees, they started going over some of the technical points for the project.

“Thanks Wendy.” said Chris when the coffees were brought in.

“You’re most welcome” she grinned. This was getting very confusing for Chris. Wasn’t that the woman who only last week told him to “get his own bloody coffee”?

Anyway, back to the plot. It transpired that SolTech were an engineering company and wanted a software company to take charge of the firmware and software applications for their project. This meant working with them rather than being solely in control. This would be a new one for Millennium.

It was nearing two when Chris suggested they broke for lunch. He took Bill to the Bird in Hand.

They arrived at the pub and were greeted by Tina, the barmaid.

“You must be Pippa.” she said brightly, looking Chris up and down, though Chris could see nothing in her expression that said she knew he was anything other than Pippa. “I can see the resemblance.” Chris smiled and Tina passed him and Bill a menu each.

“So how long have you been at Millennium?” Bill asked.

“It’s my first day today. I’m really only filling in for my brother who’s one of the directors. He’s away today and asked whether I could help. He said this needed to be dealt with professionally and needed someone who could give it their full attention. Jamie couldn’t as he has other commitments.”

“I see.” she said. “In that case, you have surprised me with your level of knowledge.”

“Chris brought me up to speed, well more or less anyway, but it has been a bit of a slog. It’s a shame really I was quite getting into it, but this might be my last day.”

“But you’ve only just got here.” said Bill looking somewhat shocked. Chris smiled and shrugged.

“I was only asked to help out.”

“What happened to giving the project your full attention?” Bill clearly wasn’t happy. She almost felt as though she had been duped, palmed off with someone who wasn’t going to be with the company as if it didn’t matter.

“I’ll be honest with you Pippa. I like what I’ve seen of you so far. The staff you come into contact with have respect for you despite the fact that you’ve only been there for a day, even less and at SolTech, we like continuity. I don’t think we can offer a contract to a company that has no regard for the continuity of a project.”

This was a blow and something that in the heat of trying to fathom out how to take the meeting, Chris had neglected to consider. He shouldn’t have said anything about how long ‘Pippa’ was going to be there, he should not have said that.

“Would you excuse me for a moment?” he asked and disappeared to the toilets, nearly going into the gents, but the clicking of his heels reminded him that he was not really appropriately attired for such a move. He found a stall and took out his mobile.

“Jamie? It’s Chris.” he whispered. “I’m afraid I may have cooked our goose here. I told Bill that I was only here to take care of the meeting while Chris was away. Now she thinks they’ll be unwilling to hand us the project unless they have a little more continuity.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“Meet us in reception and announce that you’re glad you caught us as you were just going out. Say that Chris is going to be longer than he had expected. Say that if I would like to stay on, you’d be pleased to keep me there for the duration.”

“Are you sure?”

“If it means that we get the contract, then what else can I do?”

“It’s not going to be easy. You’ll probably end up in drag more often than not, at least to begin with.”

“I know. I don’t know how Jess will react either. It’s a big step.”

“Look, I’ll do it, but I don’t like it. It’s deception and it might come back to bite us in the arse. Afterwards, we’ll just play it by ear okay?”

“See you back there then after lunch.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They arrived at reception and as soon as Mary saw them approaching, she picked up the phone. Jamie was down in reception almost before they had gone through.

“Pippa.” he said looking relieved. “I’m glad I caught you. I was about to go out.”

So far so good.

“I’ve just had a phone call from your brother. I’m afraid he thinks he’s going to be away for longer than he first thought and wonders if you’d be prepared to stay on.” Chris feigned surprise, while at the same time, thanking his lucky stars that Jamie didn’t stuff his lines.

“I’d be happy to.” said Chris.

“That’s the best move you two boys have made since I’ve been here.” said Mary. “It’s about time we had a woman’s touch about the place.” Both Chris and Jamie looked at the receptionist, eyes wide.

“Congratulations.” said Bill when they had returned to the office. “It certainly makes me feel better about suggesting that SolTech award the contract to Millennium.”

“Thank you. Yes, I’m quite surprised and over the moon. It’s not easy to get a technical job as a woman.”

“I know how you feel. You’re always treated like you can’t do the job or something.” said Bill. “I think you’ll be perfect to look after the project from this end. Of course, I’ll have to clear it with the brass back at base, but I don’t see any problems.”

After Chris had escorted Bill to reception and said his goodbyes, Mary once again congratulated Pippa on her continuation at Millennium.

“Thanks Mary. I think it’s going to be hard work though.”

“Yes. Those two boys are quite high maintenance!”

“I’ll bear that in mind.” Chris said dryly and went back to his office, probably to have a nervous breakdown.

A few moments later, Jamie came in.

“How did it go?”

“Splendidly. I think we got the contract.” said Chris. “They’re going to let us know.”

“Well done.”

“Thanks, but if you don’t mind, I’m going home. It’s been a long day.”

“See you Monday, or rather, see you Pippa.” Jamie chuckled.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chris was worried all the way home with whether he’d made the right choice. He kept going over and over it in his mind. Pulling into the driveway, he locked the car and went to the house. He called out after he unlocked.

“Hello?” he shouted.

Nothing.

He took off his jacket and folded it over his arm, his intention being to go upstairs and change into something more suitable, but instead, he flopped back onto the sofa, trying hard to reconcile the decision he’d made, trying to hypothesise how Jess would feel and as he sat there, he slipped into sleep.

Who knows how long he’d been there before his dreams became intertwined with the sound of someone calling his name. He was starting to resurface as he felt Jess’s soft lips against his forehead, barely touching as she kissed him. The kisses traced down to his neck and he felt her undoing buttons on his blouse.

A hand snaked inside, brushing the skin of his chest, reaching below the bra and cupping the firm globe within the cup. Kisses recommenced from below his ear, down his neck as the collar of the blouse was gently pulled aside and the kisses moved to his collarbone, all the while, he could feel the breasts being massaged, his skin under them moving sympathetically.

His fuzzy brain was clearing as he felt Jess’s hot breath on his skin, more buttons were being undone and her hand snaked round his back to fumble with the clasp when suddenly, the bra sprang free and was lifted clear of the mounds beneath. His breathing was becoming more urgent as the thought of what was being done sank in.

“God, I wish those were real.” he thought, or did he? Was it something he said in his head, or was it vocalised for as if his words were a cue, the head on his chest issued a low moan, taking one of the realistically formed nipples and suckling it. He could feel every minute movement, though it offered no stimulation physically. He WAS getting turned on though, but from his own thoughts not the feelings that albeit small, were filtering through the heavy rubber prostheses to his own body underneath.

Stimulation though WAS coming from a hand that had found its way up from the hem of the skirt, alighting upon the flat area of flesh above the crotch, the area which would have been occupied by his tool, presently uncomfortably trapped between his legs, trying valiantly to free itself from its nylon restraint.

He stroked Jess’s hair as she continued to play with his breasts, pulling at his tights and feeling the bare skin underneath, moaning or rather purring as she did. He raised his hips and quickly, Jess began removing his tights, but without removing herself from his breasts, alternating from one to the other as Chris’s turgid member became more and more like an iron rod, aching for release.

With his tights around his knees, Jess soon got what she was after, rubbing the area of panty at the point where Chris’s thighs met, stroking through the silky material. Chris could feel them becoming damp with the slick clear liquid oozing from the tip of his manhood, soaking into the gusset of the knickers.

“I can’t take any more of this.” said Jess, breathlessly and she took him by the hand, leading him from the lounge and up the stairs, not even pausing in her attempt to get him out of the clothes he was wearing, kissing him as he was trying to remove hers at the same time.

They reached the bedroom, though how was a minor miracle, as Chris had his tights round his ankles and his skirt was making its way down his legs as they ascended the mountain of stairs to the bedroom. They had barely crossed the threshold when Chris entering backwards, his lips glued to Jess’s, was pushed onto the bed. His tights hit the floor only milliseconds after his second boot, followed by the skirt and panties, his relief at freeing off his tool was almost enough to send him over the edge.

Unlike the previous night, this was taking on a note of much more urgency and Chris took control, pushing Jess back on the bed and almost ripping her panties from her, kissing her from neck to navel and beyond, her body hot with the anticipation of what was to come.

He didn’t want to take it too fast as the preamble in the lounge had almost been enough for him on its own and he made sure that Jess was looked after, enjoying flicking his tongue over and round her breasts and nipples, moving slowly down to the area that was currently radiating heat like a blast furnace.

It was some time later that the two of them staggered breathless from the bedroom and made the journey back down through scattered debris of clothing to the lounge where Chris fixed them both a drink.

Jess nestled in beside him on the sofa.

“How did your day go?” she asked.

“Better than we expected I think, but Bill being a girl caught me off guard.”

“A girl?”

“Yeah, her name’s Belinda.”

“What about the rest of the day though? I’ve being dying to find out how it went.”

“Well it wasn’t too bad actually, once I got over the initial shock. I seem to have been accepted as Pippa, Chris’s sister. That was Jamie’s idea.” he said, taking another sip from his glass. “But it’s got a little complicated.”

“Oh? How so?”

“The only way SolTech is prepared to award us the contract is if Pippa stays on.”

“Is that usual?”

“I don’t know about usual, I mean people come and go from companies much more regularly nowadays, but SolTech seem to feel that employees should last more than a day. It’s my own fault. I told Bill that I was there to ensure that the meeting was given full attention, since Jamie couldn’t be there and neither could Chris. As soon as I told her that I wouldn’t be staying with the company, she said that she liked what she’d seen of me and the way I got respect from the staff, despite having been there for such a short time and if I wasn’t going to be there to offer continuity, she said that SolTech probably wouldn’t be interested.”

“Oh.”

“Yes. I had to do some pretty fast talking on the phone with Jamie to tell me in front of Bill that Chris was going to be away on extended leave and that he wanted me to stay on.”

“Oh my.”

“I’m really confused, Jess.” he said downing the rest of his drink and getting up for a refill, his dressing gown falling open slightly and exposing most of his breasts, a fact that was missed by Chris, but not by Jess. “I got things from the staff today I never expected, like Wendy making the coffee for one and not once, but twice.”

“Blimey!”

“Yeah and even Mary on reception said it was nice to see a woman there. She told me to be careful as the two ‘boys’ were high maintenance!”

“You have got yourself into a pickle haven’t you?”

“I’m not so worried about that, but I’m worried about you. I mean I know you’ve enjoyed the last couple of days as we are, but to make it full time, at least for the foreseeable future, well, I’m a bit scared.”

“Come here.” she said quietly and he went to the sofa, handed her the refill and cuddled in beside her. “It’s not permanent and it’s been fun. Let’s just see what happens eh?”

Chris was surprised by her apparent nonchalance.

“I must admit, I wasn’t expecting you to be quite so cool about it.”

“I’m surprised too, but when I think about it, I’m at least half-way responsible so I can’t really complain.”

“Thanks Jess. Thanks for being so understanding.”

“There is one thing though.” she said. “But I expect this is not a good time to ask.”

“Go on. What’s bothering you?”

“Oh, it’s not a bother, more of a question.”

“So?!” he asked, the tension getting to him.

“Did you mean what you said earlier?”

“What was that?”

“You wishing your breasts were real?”

“Well at the time I suppose I did, but that’s just because I don’t get much out of having them played with. Of course now, you know, without the stimulation and tension, it sounds silly.”

“Oh.”

Was that a note of disappointment or was it understanding?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 3

The next day, Chris woke to find the bed beside him empty. He sat up and let his eyes become accustomed to the light. He’d not been there for long before Jess came in.

“So you finally decided to join us?”

“I was tired.”

“Well don’t lie there all morning, we’ve got shopping to do.”

“Shopping?”

“Look, I’m willing to admit that I got you into this mess, but I’m not prepared to let you ruin all my clothes getting you back out of it.”

“I'm sorry. I hadn’t thought about that.”

“I didn’t think so. I wonder how you keep that company going without a thought invading your head.”

“Luck and charm, I guess Jess!” She poked her tongue out at him.

“Just get up! I’ve put you out some stuff for the trip.” she said.

Once breakfast was over with, Chris sat in a short denim skirt (above the knee anyway) and a t-shirt that came to just above the navel. Again, he wore the ankle boots and wig, but had made a choice that shoes were going to be on the list as he didn’t think the boots were appropriate for all occasions. Of course Jess didn’t see fit to point out that he would happily wear the same shoes for months or even until they wore out completely in his masculine guise.

“If I’m going out like this, you’ll have to pay and we’ll sort the finances out afterwards.”

“What’s wrong with yours?”

“It says here “Mr C Burton”. Don’t you think that might be a problem?”

“Ah. Fair do’s.”

The first shop they went into was for what Jess termed as the staples. The thought of little bits of bent wire amused Chris, but he kept it to himself. Now staples were work panties, tights, and bras. The panties were generally simple and could be any colour, providing they weren’t visible through the material of the outerwear. One pack of colourful panties was bought, along with a pack of white ones.

Next were tights, which was simple, being a ‘one size fits all’ kind of affair and were bought in tan and black.

Thirdly came the bras and sports bras according to Jess were best for work. They weren’t so obvious through semi-transparent blouses and were above all, supportive and comfortable. Chris tried one on and agreed. On and off over the head and no stiff bits to pinch.

It only seemed fair that Jess should have some new bits and pieces too and Chris nearly had heart failure when it was all totted up, but Jess paid it and Chris had to keep the good of the project in the forefront of his mind as they wandered on to the next shop for some outerwear.

“You’ll need a couple of suits like mine, some skirts, blouses, jumpers [sweaters], cardies and we’ll steer clear of trousers.”

“Why?”

“Well, unless we get you one of those gaff things, however well you think you’ve hidden your bits, they’ll be noticeable. Plus you’re not really the right shape.”

“What’s a gaff?”

“Panty type things, to keep you flat in the nether regions.” Chris blushed.

“Like a girdle you mean?”

“That sort of thing only thinner and it’s designed to hide thingies. For now though, stick to skirts.”

A number of skirts were bought and it angered Chris to think that he bought four skirts for the same price as one pair of his trousers (which didn’t even fit that well). Anyway, he nearly had another coronary when along with some more stuff for Jess (of course) the cost was measured in astrological terms as far as he was concerned.

Next came cosmetics and that very nearly gave him a nervous breakdown. There was exfoliating cream, foundation, blush, eye liner, mascara, lipstick, lip gloss, pads for removal and moisturiser for before and after, brushes for application, hair gel, mousse, tools, such as tweezers, nail files and buffers, nail conditioner, nail polish remover and several colours of polish and that was just to get him started.

It didn’t stop there though. Jess had stopped at the perfume counter and was spraying various different scents around and sniffing.

“Try this.” she said. Chris sniffed the air, but could discern one from the others she had sprayed. She sprayed the smallest amount on the underside of his wrist and told him to rub it on his other. He rubbed and sniffed (like scratch and sniff, only softer). It was a spicy, flowery scent that he found most intoxicating.

“You like?” she asked.

“Yes I think it suits you.”

“It’s not for me, idiot, it’s for you.”

“Me?”

“Of course! Don’t you want to smell nice as well as look nice?”

“Well, I suppose, but I’ve got stuff for that at home.”

“You have underarm spray and some Paco Rabanne, neither of which is particularly appropriate for a woman.”

“But I’m not a …” he stopped short as the fact he was wearing a skirt, stiletto-heeled ankle boots, a bobbed wig and breasts hit him in the soft bits. “Ah!”

“Exactly!” she said nodding and the perfume joined the other purchases.

He was as white as a sheet when he left and was struggling with most of the baggage too.

They visited a couple more shops on the way to get some shoes, apparently to get some ‘weekend wear’ as Jess put it. Once in the shop, he knew exactly what she meant. He actually had to handle the goods and he spent the next half hour or so in an almost constant flush, suffering an aching groin!

On the way to the shoe shop, Jess had Chris go into a jeweller’s to get his ears pierced.

“Isn’t this going a bit far?”

“Not if you want to look the part.”

“I do, but I didn’t think that extended to poking holes in me.”

“Trust me it won’t hurt and you’ll be out in no time.” Out of earshot, Jess spoke to the girl behind the counter and asked whether the navel could be pierced too while he was there. There didn’t seem to be a problem and within five minutes, Chris had three holes two of which were filled with small gold studs with aquamarine inserts (his birthstone) and one crescent-shaped stud through his navel, which he wasn’t expecting and was actually quite angry about. When he stood up however, he had to concede that it did look in keeping with the image he was trying to portray, though just how many times he was going to expose his midriff at work hadn’t crossed his mind.

Shoes next and he had just about had it. He was well and truly knackered [tired out, all in]. It was all he could do to summon up the enthusiasm to go in to the shop at all and then when he saw the plethora of styles, colours, heel-heights, boots, shoes, sandals, mules and Lord alone knows what else, he didn’t know whether he could be bothered.

“It’s so much easier buying men’s shoes.” he said. “There are only about a dozen to choose from and two-thirds of those are brown.”

Three pairs of shoes (one pair with nearly four-inch heels), one pair of sandals with a somewhat more modest heel and one pair of knee-length boots later (not to mention Jess's 'extras'), they left the shop, but this time, the goods were a little more evenly distributed between them.

They got home and Chris was all in. He flopped on the sofa and gasped.

“You did really well.” said Jess encouragingly. “You got some real bargains.”

“Doesn’t feel like it.” he grumbled. “It cost a bloody fortune and my belly-button’s sore.”

“Yes, but now you’re set for most any occasion aren’t you?”

“And more besides, probably. I need a drink.”

“Oh don’t be so stuffy. I want to see what you look like in some of your new things.”

“Must I?”

“It is customary.” she said and dragged him upstairs to the bedroom, telling him to bring his bags along too.

He’d never played ‘dress-up’ like this before and with the exception of the party costume (over which he had little or no control) the things he’d done over the last three days, were kind-of out of necessity. He had no time to actually enjoy what he was doing, always keeping the objective in view, not the journey to it.

He watched transfixed while Jess emptied the bags of his new purchases onto the bed, not stopping her running commentary as she picked up blouses or cardigans and expressing her opinion as to what she thought that would go with what.

“Here.” she said. “Put these on and let’s have a look.”

He took off his clothes down to his underwear and slipped the skirt she handed him on, followed by a roll-neck cotton knitted jumper.

He liked the feel; liked the freedom around the legs and the way it flared slightly. He twirled and Jess smiled.

He WAS getting the hang of this, she thought.

They spent the rest of the afternoon and up till about seven in the evening playing ‘dress-up’. This consisted of both of them taking it in turns to try on a new outfit. Now and outfit, is a collection of clothes. Whether they were bought to go with one another is beside the point, so there was a lot of pulling off and putting on and some things were put on again and again depending upon the other stuff that was there to go with it.

Chris had to admit that this was something very new for him. For a start, he'd never had so many new clothes at once and only ever thought of his clothes as either work or best. Crappy stuff for gardening or doing work on the car didn't count. It was something to do with the position he held on the corporate ladder. Many men get it when they reach the giddy heights of directorship and employ staff. It seems that their dress sense dribbles out of their ears and they become blind to fashionable clothing, heading instead straight to the suits and Farrah trousers!

The 'dressing up' continued a-pace and culminated at about six, with a display of Chris’s new weekend wear, the last being something he didn’t even know was there. Chris had no idea how she did it, but Jess had managed to buy a few things he didn’t see probably while he was otherwise engaged. It was a red and black half-cup bra and panty set with a suspender belt that doubled as a waist cincher, but the panties and bra were sheer aside from some red detailing in places other than where it would hide anything, making everything inside perfectly visible.

He picked them up and could feel his ‘interests’ rising. He was actually trembling as he looked at his very smug-looking wife.

“Wow!” he croaked.

“I got you these to go with.” she said looking even more pleased with herself and handing some stockings to him, telling him to be careful when he put them on.

“I’ll put them on in the bathroom then come in. That way it’ll be more of a surprise.”

“Oh goody!” she chirped, bouncing up and down clapping her hands together. “I LOVE surprises.”

He disappeared before his trembling turned into the shakes and sat on the toilet to put his new lingerie on and despite his trembling, he was okay with the bra, which incidentally, WAS as sheer as the panties and though it covered the nipples (just barely), they were perfectly visible.

He sucked in his tummy, pulled on the suspenders and did them up, all the while, more ‘interest’ was being shown which would make getting the panties on with all of him inside them, without them looking like a tent, nearly impossible.

He pondered that for a moment, trying hard to think of things like ‘lead time’ or ‘programme procedures’ or ‘Classes and functions’, perhaps changing a wheel on the car, but all of it was useless, his manhood was actually winking at him as it swayed and throbbed in time with his heartbeat.

What was he to do?

“Er, Jess?” he called.

“Trouble?”

“Well not exactly…” he said, but she was there at the door before he could finish.

“We need to do something about that. It’ll never fit in those.” she said, “But can’t you put the stockings on first, she said picking them up and pulling one out to its full length, displaying the fact it was a fishnet. With more of a sensory overload, his thing was actually getting painful and he fervently wished that she hadn’t picked up that stocking.

“I don’t think I can wait that long.” he said blushing beetroot.

“Ah!” she said understanding completely and started running her hands softly down the length of his iron-hard tool as his head started to swim and his legs went to mush.

Seconds later, he had dropped to his knees, his shoulders shaking, his breathing ragged. Jess’s eyes went very wide indeed as she had to quickly move to one side, while moving ‘it’ to one side too for obvious reasons.

“Wow. That was fairly immediate.” she said as she wiped the floor. Chris coughed uncomfortably and started to giggle, setting Jess off in the process. He shoed Jess out of the bathroom so that he could finish with his ‘surprise’.

“You mean it gets more surprising than that?”

“Possibly not, but…” he said shrugging and pushing her out of the bathroom.

A few minutes later, he entered the bedroom.

“Oh my.” she said as he advanced, taking her in his arms and kissing her. She ran her hands up and down his stocking-clad leg, up past the panties, feeling the silky texture of the bra and the cheeky way the nipples stood proud through the translucent material.

She stroked across his tummy, tracing around and over the little piercing that stood from his navel, her blood-pressure rising and her heart pounding out a beat that could be measured on the Richter scale!

He stroked Jess, sliding his hands under her jumper, feeling the satin of her new bra, sliding his hands down and into the top of her skirt, to find her thong, tracing round the tiny ‘V’ that protruded from the cleft of her buttocks, finally allowing his finger-tips to follow the narrow piece of material down between.

She gasped as she felt his fingers so tantalisingly close to her womanhood and she pushed him back onto the bed in amongst all the clothes that wound up being cast aside as they got down to the business at hand.

It surprised Chris that even so soon after having ‘finished’ on his knees in the bathroom, he was still able to regain the ‘interest’ and at seven, they looked awfully mussed and otherwise dishevelled as they descended the stairs to the lounge.

“That was a surprise!” she said.

“You’re not kidding.” he replied and they sat on the sofa like a couple of giggling schoolgirls.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday, was a long and at times very tense lesson in makeup application, but by the end of it, he was definitely making progress. It was getting used to actually poking things almost into his eyes that gave him the most trouble and at times, he felt like throwing it all up in the air and walking away.

He needed to learn though. There was no guarantee that he wasn’t going to have to do this for some time and there was equally no guarantee that Jess was going to be there or able to do it for him everyday either.

He was only learning the basics of daytime wear currently. The more advanced evening look would have to be covered later and as and when there was more time.

“You have to do much of it by feel.” she said as he was trying without much success, to squint out of the eye he was trying to put the shadow on.

“It’s impossible!” he exclaimed and tears started to leak from the corners of his eyes. “I’ll never get this.”

“Yes you WILL!” she assured him.

“It’d be easier if I was a real woman.” he said.

“Why?”

“Well, I’d have learned from an early age and this wouldn’t be necessary.”

“That doesn’t mean it was any easier to learn though.” He thought about that and had to concede that no, it probably wasn’t at that.

At the end of her lesson, Jess decided to give him a real sultry and vamp look, to go with his new lingerie, accentuating the makeup round his eyes and darkening his lips. At the end, she couldn’t resist planting a big kiss on them.

Chris responded and soon, what few clothes were being worn, were flying hither and thither as the two of them writhed and squirmed on the bed, Jess making a point of concentrating on his breasts again.

As if that was a hint, Chris paid attention to hers and all the time through, his head was the thought that maybe one day he would be able to experience what it was like to have his own breasts and not the rubber forms that were currently glued to his chest.

The thought scared him and he didn’t know whether that was a case of him getting caught up in the moment, or it was a real cry to take this whole cross dressing thing one stage further.

“Play it by ear” Jamie had said and that’s just what Chris planned to do. There was no sense in rushing anything as if he did decide to go ahead the procedure was likely to impact on more than just his breasts. He didn’t think from what he’d seen and experienced that there would be much in the way of opposition from Jess…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He couldn’t sleep that night.

He had now had the party, the entire weekend and a day at work as a woman and the short space of time he had been en-femme, didn’t seem to upset him; far from it. He actually seemed to be fitting into the persona of Pippa and was having a whale of a time with the sex side of it.

He’d been shopping in a short denim skirt, which made him feel like one of the girls he would ogle, had his ears and his navel pierced (that was still a bit sore), bought more pairs of women’s footwear than he owned in men’s including his trainers and had almost as many women’s clothes as he had men’s, not to mention half a shops-worth of makeup.

It all seemed rather a lot since the project wasn’t actually finalised yet and he didn’t know whether all this was really necessary. All that aside, he was already contemplating breasts — real breasts and that would at least require hormone therapy and probably a very understanding doctor. On top of that, he was also turning over the thought of having his body hair zapped with a laser to save him having to shave or use that awful-smelling cream — all in less than a week!

He got up, put on his dressing gown and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

Jess joined him sometime later and asked what was wrong.

“I think I’m starting to lose myself.”

“You’re here now.”

“Yes, but which ‘me’.”

“There’s only one.”

“Ah, now that’s what I thought, but it seems that I was wrong.”

“Huh?”

“Chris gets treated differently to Pippa.”

“That’s because one’s a woman and one’s a company director.”

“Not to you.”

“I don’t treat you any differently whatever you look like.”

“You didn’t ask Chris to play dress-up did you? You didn’t play with Chris’s nipples the way you play with Pippa’s did you? Would you have got Chris to get a navel piercing or pierced ears?” Jess looked a bit embarrassed.

“No.” she said quietly.

“That’s what I thought.” Tears started to roll from Chris’s eyes. “I really like the way I’m being treated at the moment. I like the way we are together when I’m Pippa and I don’t know whether I want it to stop, but it doesn’t end there.”

“Why not?” Chris took a deep breath.

“Because, when I’m Pippa, I want to be Pippa and not a facsimile. I think about having my facial hair zapped by laser so I don’t have to shave again and admit that I have thought about the rest of my body in the same way. I think about having real breasts and about having a real woman’s body.”

“Wow.”

“Now the only way I can keep Chris real and Pippa fictitious is to keep the fact that at the moment it’s all novel (no pun intended); a bit like having a new toy, but sooner or later the novelty is going to wear off. By doing that, I know that sooner or later, I’m going to be plain old Chris again and it helps not to get too carried away. The problem of course is that the longer I’m Pippa, the further away Chris seems to get and the more I want Pippa’s personality and her body.”

“There isn’t THAT much difference.”

“There is; well, there’s enough difference to make you treat me differently.”

“I didn’t realise. This is serious isn’t it?”

“Moderately so, yes. I may just be over-reacting, but I’m scared of losing the contract, of my staff hating me because I’m different and most of all, I’m scared to death of losing you.”

“You won’t lose me. I won’t leave you, whoever you want to be.”

“You might if Pippa took over completely. ‘She’ might want to go further than just breasts and want to be a whole woman.”

“I see.” she said, her brow furrowed in the thought of the seriousness of the matter. “Is that what you want?”

“No, but the longer I stay like this, the less I seem to see Chris in me. I can’t seem to help it. I see you having more fun with Pippa than with Chris, but I’m not sure it will last. That doesn’t stop me clinging to it while it IS there though. I definitely don’t want to lose you or what we have because of getting too involved with the fantasy.”

“I don’t want to lose us either. Now come back to bed, I get lonely without you there.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 4

Jess snuggled up to Chris hearing his breathing change as he drifted off to sleep.

It was a sticky situation, no doubt about it. She had jumped on the situation without a thought for what it would do. She thought it was just a bit of fun. She knew he enjoyed it, but she never once considered that it would ever be anything more than that.

The fates, situation, whatever, conspired to make it more involved, more difficult than a bit of fun. She really hadn’t meant to forget the solvent and was probably a bit harsh expecting him to go to work in the guise of a woman. She hadn’t realised the implications of these actions, the ramifications with regards to the up coming meeting and what influence that would have on him.

He had gone through with it only because the company needed him to and then had wound up deeper in it when he was held over a barrel with the customer wanting to deal with Pippa rather than being passed onto others who may not have the knowledge and the feel that she had.

She felt terrible for taking advantage of the situation. She had indulged a fantasy with Chris, playing with his breasts, pretending he was a woman, feeling the soft, smooth skin, clad in nylon, being turned on by the thought that underneath it all was her man, but what was left of that man and how long could he continue to be one all the time she was treating him like he was anything but that man?

Pippa was different. As much as she didn’t want to admit it, he was right and she got on much better with Pippa than Chris, especially where the sex was concerned. She didn’t know what it was about how Chris did things as opposed to how Pippa did them; it was just that with Pippa, she got the best of both worlds, getting sex with both a man and a woman without having to cheat on her man to do it.

Chris’s admission that he was starting to get lost in the whole fantasy/reality situation was something that now she came to think about it, was probably inevitable the way things were going. He was showing more than a healthy interest in being treated as, as well as acting the part of a woman and Jess knew that she wasn’t doing anything to discourage that, in fact it would be true to say that she was actively ENCOURAGING it.

This was a definite turning point. It seemed that while Chris was willing to make the sacrifice to fulfil the requirements of the customer with regards to being Pippa, it was having a confusing effect on him. For her part, she was probably willing to go back to the way things were, but she had to admit that it wasn’t nearly as much fun before Pippa and she didn’t see any likelihood that that would change.

Jess’s head was becoming crowded with all the things going on, but after more or less facing the fact that she was going to have to accept that while it was fun while it lasted, Chris was going to have to make the decision of what to do about Pippa. She hoped that Pippa would stay, but whatever happened, she didn’t want to give Chris up even if he wound up as Pippa with only overtones of Chris remaining.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday morning, Chris got up and felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. The issues had not gone away, but he now felt that now that Jess understood that he was nervous and scared of what was going to happen, he didn’t feel so alone in those fears.

Jess was still asleep and he dressed in a jumper and skirt, brushing out the wig in front of the mirror in the bathroom after he’d had a shave and applied moisturiser, ready to apply makeup himself for the first time.

When he’d finished, he was satisfied that Coco wasn’t staring back at him and he went downstairs to make a couple of cups of tea.

He returned to the bedroom and placed the tea on the bedside table.

“Jess?” he said shaking his wife gently.

“Huh?” she said sleepily. “Morning gorgeous.” she said, pulling his head towards her and kissing him soundly on the lips, snaking her tongue into his mouth and grinning wickedly when he stood up.

“Now, now, there’s no time for that. It’s time to get up.”

“Spoilsport!”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He got to work and was surprised how many people actually greeted Pippa, saying how nice it was to see her again and it set his mind to wondering just what he’d been like before. He got to know more of the staff as Pippa than he ever did as Chris and by Wednesday, he was sure that there were fewer people there that he didn’t know than those he did.

Wendy appeared shortly after his arrival.

“I didn’t think you’d be staying.” she said.

“Yes. Chris is going to be away for a while longer yet.” he replied.

“So you don’t mind coming to work like that?”

“Come in Wendy and close the door.” he asked. She had a slight smile on her face and sat in front of Chris. “You know?”

“What? You think I’m blind?”

“The others?”

“I don’t think some people pay attention, but mostly, yes.”

“Alright. Do you know why I’m doing this?”

“Yes.”

“How did you find out?”

“I could already see what was going on, but Jamie confirmed it.”

“What?!” Chris was gob smacked. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I like you better like that. You’re easier to get on with.”

“I don’t believe this.”

“I shouldn’t worry about it. I don’t think anyone’s going to give you any stick about it. You’re the boss after all.”

“If you knew, do you think Bill will have spotted it too?”

“Probably.”

“Oh God, I’m doomed. We’re all doomed.”

He felt as though the world had just dropped out of his bottom (sorry, I think that SHOULD have been the other way round). He thought that no-one noticed and took his explanation that he was his sister, but it appears that he couldn’t see the wood for the trees. His whole plan had backfired.

For the rest of the day, he stayed in his office. He had plenty of work to be getting on with and had little or no reason to speak to anyone outside. He just couldn’t wait to get home. He waited until everyone else had gone before he left the office.

He was rolling drunk by the time Jess got home, sitting in his dressing gown, wig askew and needless to say, she was angry before she even knew what had happened.

“What the fuck’s going on?” she hissed.

“I’s had a bit of a jink.” he said, one eye in the pot and the other up the chimney.

“I can see that. Why.”

“Why not?” he said, raising his glass and grinning. She took the glass away from him and put it on the side.

“What happened?” she said with that tone that implied that she knew something had happened and doubtless she wasn’t going to like it.

“They know.”

“Who knows what?”

“Know I’s Chris.”

“Oh shit.”

“’S funny. Thash what I said.”

“What’s going to happen?”

“I sink I’s goin’ a burp.” he said, belching loudly, then keeled over sideways and proceeded to snore almost immediately.

“Oh bugger.” said Jess.

It was about eight when he resurfaced, head pounding like Phil Collis’s kick drum. The wig hair was plastered over his damp face; ironic, since only a short time before, he was the one that was plastered. Jess was on the phone and it sounded like it was to Jamie. She wasn’t happy and by the tone of the conversation, neither was Jamie.

Chris couldn’t listen anymore, not that he could hear much. He could only hear what Jess was saying to Jamie about the state he was currently in. Anyway, he had other more pressing things to do, like calling God on the great white telephone.

He arrived back downstairs looking extremely green and dishevelled.

“How are you feeling honey?”

“Like someone else has been using my brain and not put it back right.”

“It doesn’t solve anything, you know, drinking.”

“Thanks. I’ll bear that in mind.”

“Jamie told me all about it.”

“So what happened?”

“Seems they all know and why too, more or less.”

“Yes. I got that from Wendy. I feel like crap.”

“I told you drinking wouldn’t solve anything.”

“Not from the drinking; from work.”

“It’s not over yet. You don’t know what’s going to happen there do you.”

“No, but if everyone at work could see through the disguise, then it’s likely that Bill did too and I don’t think it’s going to sit too well.”

“Try not to think about it yet. Let’s go to bed and perhaps you can sort it out in the morning.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The next day, Chris was up at the crack of dawn using the solvent to remove the breasts from his chest and getting ready for work. When Jess joined him downstairs, he was in a business suit and looking like Pippa never happened.

“Don’t worry, Chris. Just take it as it comes.” she said. He smiled back at her wanly.

He arrived at work and went to his office. Some time later, a very shamefaced Jamie entered his office.

“I know you’re not happy with me, but it looked like so many already knew something was going on, I felt it was their right to know what it was.”

“I know. I was angry yesterday, but today I’m not. I was silly to think that I could pull the wool over everyone’s eyes. I must have looked stupid.”

“No. I didn’t know it was you until you said who you were, or that you were anything other than female. I think here was just too close to home perhaps. Maybe Bill won’t have guessed.”

“I’m putting Bill straight today.”

“Don’t. If we lose the contract, we lose the contract, but don’t go putting your foot in it any further than it already is. Some of the people that have spoken to me, feel that if you’ve got to go to those lengths, then it isn’t worth it.”

“Yes, but do they know their jobs are at stake if we don’t get this contract?”

“Er, no. I was a little selective about how much I told them.”

“Probably wise.”

No-one said anything about seeing the boss there as the boss and the rest of the day passed as though nothing had ever happened. Chris went home no lighter across the shoulders than he arrived. He was hoping to find out one way or the other, but obviously, SolTech were at liberty to consider all their options for as long as they wanted and anyway, Millennium had failed to get contracts before, what was the difference with this one?

They desperately needed it. That was the difference.

There was more on Chris’s mind than the possibility of losing the contract for whatever reason. The fact was, that despite the short period of time he had been Pippa, he missed her, or rather missed being her.

The morning had been almost solemn between him and Jess and he rued that. He missed the closeness Jess had with Pippa already, missed the fact that they told each other things that they didn’t as Chris and Jess and they shared so much more that wasn’t said.

It felt like from the moment he expressed his feelings to Jess, everything changed. He probably didn’t do the situation any favours with getting rat-arsed, but it felt appropriate somehow although afterwards, he wished he hadn’t. He knew that Jess felt at least partially responsible for the fix he found himself in and she was probably feeling just as bad as he was.

The rest of the week went steadily down hill from that point. He was so wrapped up in his own problems that he failed to see that Jess was having a bad time too. She was hoping that he would be able to pull himself together, hoping that he would be able to draw from his experience as Pippa and bring that into his male self, although she didn’t know how that would work.

It was only a few days but it felt like an eternity. It was so difficult being with someone, but not at the same time. It seemed as though in taking off the breast forms, Chris also took off Pippa and not a trace of her remained. Sleeping with Chris didn’t even feel the same anymore.

Chris was having the same issues. He had taken off the clothes and the falsies and with them went the personality. He tried to be what he thought was the same with Jess, but it just didn’t work. The snappy comments came out as though they were delivered with a machete in stead of a wry smile and he didn’t know how he could change that.

They say that clothes maketh the man, but in this case they were right. Well it made the girl, so they were nearly right.

By Thursday, Jess and Chris weren’t even speaking to one another. Being close in bed was a complete joke. They were both using mental guy ropes to keep from falling off the respective edges of the bed, leaving a space about the size of a football pitch in between them. Neither of them knew why and neither of them had the nerve to ask.

Friday morning, they didn’t speak and he went into the office feeling like the last man alive. He felt lonelier now than he had ever done in his life. After his outpouring of emotion and admissions the other night, he felt that he had pushed Jess away. He knew she liked him as Pippa. He guessed that if she could keep her instead of him, she would and it hurt. The fact that the two people were one and the same (well, sort of), didn’t figure for either of them.

It was like the way an actor can turn on the personality of someone else for a part and not even think about how they do it, but then afterwards, they take off the costume and the character disappears with it. Even if they can get the voice or the look, the costume does more to them than cover them with a disguise; it implants the character deep into the soul of the actor, making it believable. Who would have thought that Han Solo could be played by a man who when off the set could be the complete opposite to the character he was playing on it. It’s the costume.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was now Friday and Chris felt awful. He hated the suit he was wearing, even though before Pippa, it was his favourite. He hated the shirt, hated the shoes and he hated even more the underwear and socks, which felt like they had been made for a scarecrow. As for the tie, well don’t even go there.

By ten o’clock, he was ready to call it a day. Jamie had been in a couple of times and could see he was distracted, though that really wasn’t the right word and Jamie wasn’t the only one who’d noticed. Everyone had acknowledged the fact that the ‘Boss’ was back even though they knew he was never really away. The person who had been in his place was lively and lovely and Wendy wasn’t the only one who found Pippa easier to get along with than the person who was the current incumbent of that office. It was kind of like K-Pax — “Who’s that” they all asked.

“I’m sorry Jamie. Perhaps I’ll be more together when we find out about SolTech.”

“Yes. That’s probably what it is.” replied Jamie, knowing full well that whatever had happened to Chris, had nothing to do with SolTech and probably had everything to do with Pippa.

At midday, the phone rang.

“Hi Bill.” he said.

“Can I speak to Pippa?” she asked.

“No, I’m sorry, but Pippa’s not here.” he said, dreading what was coming.

“When will she be back?” He knew she’d ask that question and he felt like this was it, that time when it all goes Pete Tong [pear-shaped, tits up].

“I don’t think she’ll be coming back.” he said, a note of resignation in his voice. Hearing that last sentence coming out of his own mouth cut him to the quick. It sounded so final, so much like he was referring to a now deceased friend or family pet.

“That is Chris isn’t it?”

“Yes.”

“I thought so. You miss her, don’t you?”

“More than you could imagine; more than I thought possible.”

“Oh I can imagine alright. I can remember when William first did just what you’re doing now.”

“What?”

“Didn’t you know? Of course you wouldn’t.” she said with a chuckle. “I was William once. That’s why I pushed so hard for Pippa. It had nothing to do with continuity. Christ, people come and go from jobs all the time. You can’t guarantee that anyone’s going to be there the next day, let alone in six months or a year’s time.”

“You knew too?”

“Well, obviously.”

“I don’t believe this. Everyone knew and said nothing. I feel a complete dick.”

“Well don’t. I think you did really well, you seemed so natural. Anyway, that’s not really why I called. I’d like to make it at least semi official and tell you that SolTech would like to offer your company the opportunity of taking the project on — with or without Pippa, but I really hope to see her again.”

He didn’t know what to say. He’d never have guessed that Bill used to be a Bill, rather William. He looked out of the office door. The office was all but empty, typical for a Friday afternoon. No-one would be back until Monday now, but this weekend was going to be fan-bloody-tastic!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Almost unable to contain his elation, Chris left his office and headed home.

He was starting to giggle in the car, so many things going through his mind as he drove the twenty minute journey from work, images of him and Jess flooding his consciousness. At one point he nearly lost it completely, but he pulled himself together as he neared his house.

He went inside and was so caught up in the phone call and the thought of everyone knowing that he was Pippa and not only apparently not being overly bothered, but actually expressing a preference for the feminine persona, that he didn’t know what to do.

In the bathroom as he was taking off his work clothes, he noticed the bottle of hair removal cream and he started to become excited as an idea formed.

He disrobed and got the first stage of the idea in motion — hair removal. It was cold and he wished that he’d turned the central heating up before he started as he stood for the required time for the cream to do its work, then showered and applied the moisturiser.

Next, he selected the clothes he wanted for the next stage. He brushed his hair back and fixed the wig in place before applying his makeup. It felt so good to be doing it again. It felt right, it made him smile and again he was accosted by a fit of the giggles as he thought about what he was doing, what had happened and what he planned to do.

Once he was composed, he completed the application of the makeup and then went downstairs to the phone.

“Hi, yes… I’d like a delivery of a big bouquet… Too late? Oh dear is there no way you can make an exception? I’m prepared to pay for the service… You will? Yes please, can you say it’s with love from Pippa?” He concluded with a credit card number and hung up.

He just couldn’t stop giggling. Most of it he knew was as a result of getting the contract, but some of it was definitely due to Bill’s words when suddenly all became clear. Anyway, stages one, two and three were now complete. Next?

Chris got a chill run up and down his spine as he approached the front door, he wasn’t sure he could go through with it. He checked himself in the mirror, looking for even the most minute of flaws, but he’d done as good a job on his appearance as he could, it wasn’t going to get any better than that.

He made his way across to his car and headed out. Next stop was the town centre.

Returning to his car with surprises, candles, champagne and yet more flowers, he drove home with a self-satisfied look on his face. It wouldn’t have happened at all if he hadn’t remembered to withdraw some money from the hole in the wall [ATM] before he hit the shops.

He was quite a different person this time at the shops than he had been on Saturday with Jess and he was able to look about him, seeing the looks on the faces of the people that passed and even the teenage girls didn’t give him a second glance. He felt empowered; felt good. God, he felt good.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back home and the stage was set for a night of seduction and probably one or two apologies too, but the main thing was the seducing bit. First he changed into some nightwear Jess had expressed an interest in. Well actually, she couldn’t keep her hands to herself when he wore it — perfect!

Jess arrived back at home at her normal time and the house was in total darkness. Chris’s car was in the drive, but there didn’t seem to be any sound from the lounge and normally he would have said something when he heard the door open. She placed the huge bouquet that had been delivered to her place of work on the foot of the stairs while she hung her coat on the peg and opened the lounge door.

What accosted her eyes at that moment brought tears to her eyes.

The room was dark, well, subdued, lit only by a host of candles all around the room and directly in front of her stood Pippa. Jess was nearly in tears as Pippa came forward and took another large bouquet from behind her and ‘presented’ them to her.

Jess’s hands were shaking as she took them, tears already streaming down her face.

“What’s all this?”

“For you.” said Pippa smiling and shrugging. “I figure you went through just as much as Chris did this week and well, you know…” she said blushing.

“You sent the others to work?”

“Yes.”

“I had so much explaining to do. Everyone wanted to know who Pippa was.”

“Yes, well I got some good news today and some rather enlightening news, but that can wait. I’ve run you a bath that should still be a nice temperature and I think you should go and relax. Maybe afterwards, you could slip into something er, more suitable?”

“Okay, but first…” said Jess pulling Pippa towards her and taking her in her arms. “I’ve missed you.” she said, the tears still rolling down her cheeks, but now the smile was more apparent. They hugged for a few moments, before Pippa initiated a kiss.

Pippa could feel Jess tremble. She could feel the knees buckling as they kissed and it just made her take it a step further, increasing the pressure and the va-va-voom, squeezing Jess hard against her breasts and moving up the passion scale by a factor of about ten.

“Holy…” whispered Jess, as they broke away from one another. Pippa smiled and waved her away. Jess didn’t know what had hit her. Part of her wanted to stay and get into Pippa’s panties and the other part wanted the whole scene to play out. In the end with a little sigh, she went upstairs to the bedroom.

On the bed, Pippa had laid out several ‘outfits’ and any lingerie that needed to go with it.
“My goodness!” she gasped. “This is something new.” She chose one and put the rest away then went into the bathroom which had been bedecked with flowers and candles. The water was perfect, topped off with deep, sweet-smelling foam.

Pippa was downstairs and in due course, Jess entered and nearly took Pippa’s breath away. The ‘outfit’ was nightwear and all but transparent, even in the half-light produced by the candles. She nearly lost control there and then and the champagne cork went off unexpectedly, making both of them jump, then laugh.

“Drink?” asked Pippa.

“Love one.”

The two lovers sat side by side on the sofa and sipped their champagne, the talk was soft and both of them more or less reaffirmed their vows, promising not to ever go to bed angry like they did the night before.

“So what was the news?” asked Jess.

“We got the contract.” said Pippa, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

“Oh, I’m so pleased. I told you not to worry. What was the other news?”

“Oh just that Bill was Bill before she was Bill.”

“?”

“William was Bill or rather Bill was William before, something like that. She said that she recognised what I was going through and that’s why she thought Pippa should stay. It’s weird, but he went through something similar a kind of discovery, but tried to switch it off. I guess sometimes if you turn something on, you can’t turn it back off again.”

“So there’s no need for Pippa to be at work anymore?”

“Oh yes there is. I don’t feel right as Chris. However short a space of time it has been, I don’t want to go back. Pippa’s here to stay. If you don’t mind that is.”

“Mind?!” she said grabbing Pippa and drawing her close, laughing with more tears coursing their way down her face. “I wished you would, I just didn’t want to make it difficult for you.” said Jess emphatically.

“Thank you.” said Pippa.

From then on, she couldn’t keep her hands to herself, reaching a slightly trembling hand towards her wife, Jess taking a slight sharp intake of breath as Pippa’s fingertips gently traced a line from her chin, down her lovely neck and over her nipples; Jess’s trembling returning as she reached forward to touch Pippa in a similar fashion.

Within seconds, they were in each others arms and hands were sliding up and down the silky material of the clothing both were wearing, Jess snaking her hand up under the hem of Pippa’s gossamer gown, up towards that area of silken gauze that covered her nether regions.

It was Pippa’s turn to gasp as fingers stroked and probed at her most sensitive area. She returned the favour, brushing across Jess’s barely covered flesh, sliding her hand languidly from there to her breasts over her already heaving chest, finding those dark pink nubs and tracing her fingers tantalisingly over the top of them.

Jess’s breathing became ragged, her trembling more pronounced as Pippa traced her fingertips back down towards Jess’s stomach and onwards to the secrets below.

It wasn’t long before Pippa took Jess’s hand and led her upstairs to the bedroom where things progressed slowly, sensuously, neither wanting the moment to end and all the while, it felt like it was the first time, everything so new, so intoxicating and so right.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like I said at the beginning, this was last year and Chris is no longer seen. He now lives full time as Pippa, has already started a course of hormones and his breasts are currently driving him up the wall, being at that sensitive stage where they are neither one thing nor the other and the slightest movement causes him to hit the ceiling. That aside, he and Jess are both looking forward to the time when the breast forms can be discarded for good, which they both hope, will be soon.

As for the rest of the transformation, they’re not too sure about that. Pippa is not uncomfortable with still having ‘manhood’ and Jess isn’t sure she wants to lose that aspect either, although with their sex play, sometimes she wonders what it would be like and after all, there are some wonderfully realistic replicas on the market nowadays.

THE END

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
78 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Fun story

Just one thought, why wouldn't he have just gone and purchased the solvent himself? Anyway, great job

Happy

Thank you Happy

Thanks for the feedback. Always nice to get a note from a reader <3

I don't suppose he thought of that. Perhaps he couldn't see the wood for the trees? I don't know.

The story would probably have been a lot shorter though.

Halloween

This was well written and I liked the wife putting her foot down. There are many stories about being stuck after the party, but I enjoyed this one right to the end. nice

I haven't even finished the s

I haven't even finished the story, but I just *had* to make a comment (before I forget?)

> He was trembling like he was stood on jelly [you lot call it Jello apparently where ‘jelly’ is what we call jam or preserve].

Not really. "Jello" is actually a name brand for a flavoured gellatin desert, which has become a generic term, just like "Kleenex". Jelly, Jam, and Preserves are all fruit-based spreads, made to slightly different specifications. Preserves have the most obvious fruit content, with quite visible chucks of fruit. In Jam, the sugar content is allowed to be higher, and typically the fruit is thoroughly pureed. Jelly has even higher sugar content, plus it contains a substantial amount of pectin (to make it "jell").

Now back to reading ...

Deni

Jello

Sorry Deni,

I get so much stick because I'm English and therefore write in English and don't use American terms, so I decided where I knew of a suitable alternative (like jumper becoming sweater, curtains become drapes etc), I'd put it in.

I guess I can't get them all right!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest.

Nick B

Dearest Nick

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

I think I can call you that after my earlier comment, which ironically will be below this one.

You can take your appologies and shove them somewhere where the sun doesn't shine!!!!!!!!!!

Write your stories YOUR way and let the readers ASK if they don't understand something. Most of your explanitory asides were redundant anyway as the meaning was quite clear in context. I will admit that "jumper" is one British term I still find confusing, but that is MY problem - NOT yours.

I'm Canadian and with the steamroller effect of US cultural language being forced on us by Hollywood and US television, it is difficult to maintain canadian English. We, I think, still have a little more of the British influence than 'down south'.

US authors don't appologize for their language; the grammar I have seen in some stories, indicates that English is a foreign language to some. Therefore I see no reason for anyone else to feel a need to appologize for what really only amounts to a dialect or figures of speech.

There are enough British authors that write TG fiction to have at least explained many of the slight differences already.

To use a term from historic woodworking, "Hew to the line and let the chips fall where they may."

Thank you for your stories - I am VERY much enjoying them.

with love,

Hope Eternal Reigns

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Dear Nick, I really was

Dear Nick,

I really wasn't trying to "give you stick"; I just wanted to share information that would clarify. I'm quite sorry that you took it otherwise.

As far as writing in "English", I wouldn't expect otherwise, if the setting is the UK and/or the characters are from there. On those, progressively fewer, occasions that I wonder about terms being used, I go to www.english2american.com and I get squared away. No problem.

[Imagine if you will, though, the plight of an American 8-year-old who, reading "Five Go To Smugglers Top" comes away wondering what manner of "torch" uses batteries. And why are the _boys_ wearing ~jumpers~? Thus began - 50 years past - my passion for learning the marvelous language that divides our nations. :) ]

Best Regards,
Deni

Oh well, I will just have to resign myself

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

To another favourite author. Damn - that makes 502 now. (Or something like that.)

Lovely story, great characters, happy ending; what's not to love?

Thank you.

with love,

HER

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Nice stuff, Nick!

I enjoyed this story when I first read it, although I didn't have time to finish it then. I reread it in it's entirety last night (actually early this morning) and enjoyed it even more.

I agree, use the terms you are comfortable with, and if you are concerned about the difference between UK English and American English, just make it plain where the story takes place. Then we can make the mental adjustments when we read it.

I did see one discontinuity. I think something got left out here.

Chris took Bill to his office and sat her down, asking if she’d like a coffee.

“Yes please, it’s a long slog through the traffic.” she replied. Chris went to find Wendy. In the meantime, they started going over some of the technical points for the project.

(Discontinuity)

“Thanks Wendy.” said Chris.

“You’re most welcome” she grinned. This was getting very confusing for Chris. Wasn’t that the woman who only last week told him to “get his own bloody coffee”?

I've done the same thing myself, so I thought you'd like to know.

Thanks for the fun story!

Hugs!
Karen J.

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Love Your Character's Name!

Nice story, too. Well-written, with good character development and all.

Not much to add to the comments, I'm afraid. Too much effusive praise might go to your head, and I'd like you to keep trying harder for purely selfish reasons. I really enjoyed this.

Meanwhile, I had hopes of being one of the first to introduce the name to readers here, but that's clearly not to be. Hope you don't think I'm being a copycat if I ever do get around to it, though.

Thanks for the story. Looking forward to whatever you write next!

Love Your Character's Name! 2

Ba Ba But you Got rid of me (cry)

Why couldn't you call me Christina (grins) just kidding!

"Ditto," On what Pippa wrote!

"We" are amused!

So, let it be written

So, let it Be Done!!
(Yul Brynner)

Konichiwa

Great Writing, wonderful story.

You could do what others have done, authors like Karen Page and a few others, Maddy Bell for another. When it comes to using USA-language (notice I didn't say English, giggle, giggle) they asked a typical American writer (sometimes several, to go over the story for them looking for just sorts of problems.

That works out pretty well, unless you have a character living in Philly, talking like a character from the Bronx. Giggle, giggle.

I loved the story!

Huggles Nick
Angel

Be yourself, so easy to say, so hard to live.

You can find my stories by going to. http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/taxonomy/term/39

The ones I deleted from this site are here. (Well, most of them anyway.)

http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/weblink/go

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

Good Story

Nicely done. You tell a good tale.

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)