Nobody Doesn't Like

Printer-friendly version

Sarah and Lee live a life of quiet desperation until Sarah decides to take over. Her first step is demanding that Lee buy her a lipstick.

Nobody Doesn't Like
by Angela Rasch

Sarah first decided to exert her control over me in Osco Drug.

I had filled my cart with shaving cream, mouthwash, razor blades, and a dozen other necessities when she directed us to the cosmetics department.

“I’ve been looking for just exactly that shade of lipstick,” she begged.

“What?” I asked with astonishment.

Sarah had always been a lot more boy than girl. She never had been so pushy in a public place.

She pouted a bit before I relented.

The black and gold tube looked horribly out of place amongst all my things.

“Did you find everything?” the lady at the counter asked.

Normally her question wouldn’t have meant a thing to me, but it caused me to fumble, as I struggled to pull the right bills out of my wallet.

***

I knew if I could get Lee to buy me something — anything — I could take our little relationship to the next level. He obviously thought about me all the time, but he never seemed to do anything about it.

When we got home, I couldn’t wait to see if my new lipstick turned him on.

He watched me, seemingly taking great pleasure in how pleased I was with the sweet, deep-cherry coloring. “Sarah, you’re beautiful.”

I thought for a moment as he caressed me that he would take me where we stood, but eventually, we ended up in his bed. We made love as one.

Of course, I knew exactly what to do to give him the most pleasure.

***

Immediately after we had sex, everything I hated about her came rushing back.

She’s totally wrong in my life. It would be an absolute disaster if people found out or even suspected.

I had enjoyed what we did, but I could never do it again.

***

It nearly broke my heart when Lee told me how he felt. I know what I want for us. He just doesn’t realize how really good things can be.

Nearly a month crawled by before I had another opportunity to urge Lee, into another store. Luckily, I spotted just the right nightie, within only a few seconds, in the lingerie department. Lee liked it, mainly because I found it so quickly. But I went crazy for its darling soft-yellow fabric and the lovely feminine details that would float across my breasts.

He wouldn’t have lasted shopping much longer. I thought Lee would jump out of his skin when the saleslady asked to see his driver’s license to verify his credit card. He obviously didn’t want people to know about us. Can’t he see that I have every right in the world to own something as cute as that nightie?<

***

When we got home Sarah put her nightgown in a drawer in my bedroom, as if she lives here. God, what can she be thinking about? Someone could find it. I live alone. What if my mother or even my cleaning lady. . ..

I asked her to be more careful.

Later, when we went to bed for the night, the soft, sleek material drove us wild. I played with her erect breasts through the silk for what seemed like hours, before getting down to business. In the end, she had multiple orgasms before I got any sleep.

***

The night was an utter disaster. Admittedly, I had worked hard on Lee to take me out for Halloween. I had never been to his bar and wanted to meet his friends. I wore my nicest outfit and had worked for hours to be sure my make-up and hair were perfect.

At first, his friends acted friendly enough. But as the night went on they started saying nasty things and making weird faces. Lee put on a tough guy act. But they wouldn’t back off.

We finally just left.

When we got home, he went a little berserk. He got out a garbage bag and went through my drawers throwing everything into it. Good golly! It had been his friends who had been jerks -- but he blamed it all on me. Lee wanted everything of mine out of his house and didn’t care if he ruined it in the process.

I tried to reason with him. But then I sat in a corner and did my best to disappear.

Through his tears, he vowed never to see me again.

He told me not to come back -- but I knew he couldn’t mean it. How would we live without each other? He said I can’t be a part of his life, but I know better.

Today, less than three weeks later, Lee bought me a whole new wardrobe and all the make-up I wanted -- to replace what he had destroyed. Not once, during our shopping trip, did he seem anything but determined to put our relationship back to where it had been, before Halloween.

***

I couldn’t live with Sarah -- and I couldn’t live without her. My plan was to remain celibate, but once she got dressed and sprayed on her new perfume, all my good intentions meant nothing.

You could call it lust, but maybe it was my acceptance of what had to be.

***

Before we got into bed, I made Lee promise to be as kind and sweet toward me after we made love, as he had been before.

At first, he got all, “What do you mean?” but I didn’t let him get away with that silly nonsense.

After we made love, I could tell Lee had a hard time keeping his promise -- but I held him to it.

After a few weeks of my new “after-glow” rule, our relationship became less sex-based -- and more about being true to our self.

***

I took Sarah home to Mom and Dad yesterday to break the big news to them about my future.

They expected me -- But seemed shocked to meet Sarah.

Mom got teary, as if she feared losing me to Sarah. Then she realized she would be gaining a new girlfriend.

Dad tried his best. But as we stood in his front doorway, on my way out, he lost it. “You’re a damned fool.”

“Dad, please. . ..” I had a hard time maintaining my composure.

“Have you thought everything through?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Bullshit.”

He turned his back and then shut the door in my face.

Sarah cried all the way home.

***

Sarah?” Dr. Reardon stared and then shined one of those miniature flashlights into my eyes.

I tried to move -- but spun in a world of pain and confusion. “Uhhhhhh.”

“Everything went perfectly, Sarah.”

“Please Doctor,” I said, coming out of a post-operation fog, “call me Sarah Lee. I want to keep that small part of my past."

The End

If you’ve enjoyed this story, please leave a kudos and a comment. They mean a lot to me.

Thanks to Gabi for the review and help.

I have donated a group of stories to BC to help generate revenue for this site. Erin has said that these stories have raised tens of thousands of dollars in revenue for BC. I don’t receive any of that revenue.

If you buy a book from this list, you’re supporting this site.

Stories available through Doppler Press on Amazon:
Shannon’s Course
Peaches
Sky
The Novitiate
Ma Cherie Amour
Molly
Texas Two-Step
All Those Things You Always Pined For
Uncivil
Swifter, Higher, Stronger
Basketball Is Life
Baseball Annie
The Girl Who Saved Aunt T’s
Her
She Like Me
How You Play the Game
Hair Soup
Perfectionists
Imperfect Futures
The Handshake That Hides the Snake

up
146 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gifted writer

Dee Sylvan's picture

I want to thank you for donating your proceeds to BC! I think I have read every book on Kindle. I don't know if I have a favorite but I do know that I have read through them all and thoroughly enjoyed them. I would probably suggest starting with Shannon's Course because I think I have read and reread that one the most. Thank you for all of your stories Angela!

DeeDee

It's a disconnect so many of us feel we need to make.

It's easier if it's a fetish. A fetish can be hid.

It's easier if it's something you don't admit you want. Something you don't want can be discarded.

It's easier if it stays private. So long as it's private it can't hurt people's image of you.

But in the end it's easier by far, on our hearts, on our sense of self, to embrace who we are and do what's necessary to fulfill that need to be *us.*

*hugs*

Melanie E.

Just want to make sure I

KateElizabethSuhr13's picture

Just want to make sure I understand it all better. The whole time it was one person like a certain movie about fighting in a club (can't say more cause of the first rule) except his other half was female. And he tried to throw away "her" clothes because he wanted to "be a man" but couldn't help but "her" again. At the bar his friends were nice at first but teased him about being girly and then at the end he told his mom but he really told her how he is trans and so after the initial shock she was happy to have a daughter to bond with but the dad was angry by it.

Sorry if that was all obvious but I had to ask for sure.

Before My Time Here

joannebarbarella's picture

Which is my excuse/reason for not having read it before.

Who amongst us could not share the mixed emotions and confusion of Sarah and Lee.

Everybody doesn't like somethin'

Andrea Lena's picture

...but I simply adore this story....

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

It's Easy

Except when it isn't.

Then you need friends.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Yes

You got it right.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Short and sweet

I do enjoy your stories, this one was a delight in that it presents from both sides. The ending was delightful

Jill Micayla
May you have a wonderful today and a better tomorrow

Jill Micayla
Be kinder than necessary,Because everyone you meet
Is fighting some kind of battle.

A familiar story

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Dear Angela,

I won't say I didn't fooresee the end almost as I started. The theme is a little too close to be at all surprizing. The details are different but this story likely falls very near many of us readers. And though the various parts were not labeled, it was easy to tell who the narrator was in each part.

Well written and a nice character.

Thank you.

with love,

HER

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

nice view points

The shifting view points were very well done. Sometimes simpler is better and the more left unsaid the clearer it becomes. Well done.
grover-

a lovely vision

a lovely vision of choices, even if the last couple scenes were not about the most difficult of changes and the story had ended with "I went out the next day and bought a new dress for the holidays".

Thank you for the view from your mind's eye.

Okay, So I'm Gullible

I happily surrendered to the story, glad to read it literally. I guess I wasn't shocked by the end, but I still thought the story was a really fun way to present the conflict in a lot of people's lives.

Hmm, I'm a little slow

kristina l s's picture
It took me to par 4 to realise what exactly was happening. A nice exploration of duality amidst subtle glimpses of the surrounding reality. Simply, very well done. Kristina

We only laugh when it hurts

Sweet and swift. Very good. Thanks.

-- Donna Lamb, Flack

-- Donna Lamb, ex-Flack

Some of my books and stories are sold through DopplerPress to help support BigCloset. -- Donna