Jamie and the Peach - 16

Printer-friendly version
jatptitle.jpg

 
This is a new occasional series that takes its basis and some of its storyline from the cancelled Tokyopop Manga, Yubisaki Milk Tea by Tomochika Miyano. It’s a great series and well worth looking out, it’s a mystery why they cancelled it. For my version I’ve changed the setting from Japan to England and of course the names, then I’ve added some new characters and situations to produce Jamie and the Peach. The original series was cancelled before completion but I intend to take my version somewhat further!

Maddy Bell, September 2010

Jamie and the Peach

Chapter 16

by Maddy Bell
Copyright © 2010 Maddy Bell
All Rights Reserved.

 

Available in E-Download PDF and Paperback formats!
Paperback
E-Download
Lulu_Now_hw_pink.gif

 
 
Chapter *16*
 

"What time?"

I repeated the question to mum.

"Half six, we'll pick her up."

"I heard." Karen mentioned in the other ear, "see you later Peaches."

Just what have I let myself in for now?

"Yeah, laters." I ended the call.

"That wasn't so bad was it?"

"I guess not."

"You can wear your new dress." mum enthused.

Oh yeah, you missed that bit, not only does my mum get to interrogate my girlfriend but I have to go as Peaches. Well what could I do? She said yes on proviso that my alter ego went and given how I’m currently dressed I could hardly demure could I?

"You okay Hun?"

"Eh? Oh sorry, I was miles away."

"We’ll be home in a minute."

Oh goody - another chance for the neighbours to see Peaches.

I thought I’d made it.

"Hi Peaches, hi Mrs Farmer"

"Hi Sally, how's your Dad?"

"Okay I guess. So where's Jamie?"

"Isn’t he at home?" Mum thankfully was playing dumb.

"Not seen him."

"And Peaches has made a special trip to see him too haven't you?"

"Um yes Mu-rs Farmer"

"So what are you up to Sally?"

"Nothing much, I was going to see if Jamie could help me with my maths homework, hey you don't know about long division Peaches?"

"Er I guess so."

"Could you help pretty please?"

I looked hopefully at mum.

"I’m sure she will eh Peaches? I’ll take your shopping inside and I’ll let you know when Jamie gets here."

Sunk.

"No problem." I allowed, forcing a smile to my face.

"Kewl!" Sal shrieked.

Just what is mum playing at?

"So if you bring that down." I’m certainly not the greatest mathematician but this much I can manage.

"Ah I’ve got it now."

"Hasn’t Karen done this with you?"

"She did but I wasn't really paying attention."

There was a knock on the door then Mum poked her head inside.

"Hi kids."

"Is Jamie back?" Sal enthused.

"He just rang, he's over at Jonno's and won't be back till late."

Mu-um!

"I was wondering if you girls fancy going out to eat?"

"Yes please!" Sal bubbled.

"I was going to meet Karen?"

"She can come too, keep an old lady company eh?"

Its not like I’ve got a choice is it?

"I did get a new dress earlier." I half-heartedly agreed.

"Kewl!" Sal cheered.

"Outside in half an hour then Sally, you can use our shower Peaches."

"Um thanks."

I think Mum has lost the plot - either that or I have.

"Why’d you invite Sal?" I enquired once we were back in our house.

"Why not? It must get very lonely for her with just her dad for company.

"She has got friends you know."

"I just thought it'd be nice, anyway Peaches you'd best go get yourself ready and go easy on the makeup?"

"Yes Mum."

"Its Mrs Farmer With Sally around remember."

Unless I want my cover blown.

“Ooh Peaches, you look scrumptious!”

“Um thanks, you look pretty nice yourself.” It wasn’t a lie, she did in that way pre teen girls do, not much in the way of figure but I’m hardly Dolly Parton myself — not that I want to be.

“Come on girls, Karen’ll be waiting.”

“Karen’s coming?” Sal queried.

“Uh huh.”

“That son of mine doesn’t know what he’s missing, all these pretty girls.” Was Mum giggling?

Karen was waiting at the end of her driveway when we arrived.

“Peaches?”

“Uh huh.” I agreed.

“Hello Karen,” Mum offered through the open passenger door window, “I’m Jamie’s Mum, hop in.”

“Hiya Karen!” Sal greeted her tutor as my girlfriend slid into the back seat.

“Hi Sal, so um what’s the occasion?”

“In the absence of my son I thought I’d get to know some of his friends a bit better.” Mum supplied as she set the car back into motion.

As Sal was safely in the front seat and chattering away to Mum, Karen and I managed a covert exchange.

‘What’s going on?’ Karen mouthed.

I shrugged in reply, ‘your guess…’

‘Why the dress?’

‘Sal saw me earlier.’

“What are you two muttering about?” Sal interrupted.

“I was just admiring Pea’s dress.” Karen bluffed.

“It really suits her.” Sal agreed.

Just what I need, a Peaches fan club.

Mum had decided to take us to 'The Strung Fox', a pub cum restaurant over in Nether Pinkton about five miles from town.

"Weird name." i noted.

"There's the 'Butchers Knee' in town," Karen mentioned, "now thats a weird name."

"Come on you two." Mum smirked.

I felt a bit self conscious when we finally navigated our way into the building, the place wasn't overly busy and all eyes turned to look at thge new arrivals.

"Table fer four ladies?"

"Please."mum confirmed.

"This way." our host, a lad in his late teens, slid out from behind the bar and led us to a table in the middle of the sparsely populated dining room.

He slipped menus in front of each of us when we were seated, "drinks ladies?"

"Can we have a moment." Mum smoothly requested.

He headed off to the bar leaving us to check out the options.

"I need to powder my nose." Karen told us as she stood again. "Peaches?"

I was engrossed in the menu, "'kay."

"Peaches!" Karen hissed, making 'come with me' motions with her eyes.

I don't need the loo.

"Its alright Peaches luv, we'll hold the fort." Mum stated, even my dim brain got the message now.

"So whats the crack Pea, i thought Jamie was coming tonight, not that i'm bothered."

"I told you, Sal saw me."

The ladies wasn't the most salubrious place but it was cleaner than the gents.

"Theres more to it than that so spill."

i gave her the two minute version of the day's events.

"That is just so funny."

"To you maybe." i grumped.

"Your Mum seems to like having a second daughter."

"A bit too much, we should get back."

"There you are girls, we thought you'd run off with the barman didn't we Sal?"

"You were gone ages." Sal confirmed.

Before either of us could reply said barman was stood at my elbow.

"One Coke," he placed a glass by Sally,"and dry white for the rest of the ladies."

I gave Mum a querying look.

"Are you ready to order yet?"

"Another minute." Mum's tone brooked no dissent.

"What's with the wine?" Karen hissed in my ear.

"No idea, just drink it." i'm certainly not gonna look a gift horse in the choppers.

"So, what are we eating?" mum enthused.

I spent the meal taking my cues from Mum and Karen, Sal was doing the same for different reasons! I fancied a burger, Jamie would've had one but i went with poached salmon the same as Karen and foresook the dessert options too. The wine wasn't something i was used to, but its something i could get to like. i tried to keep up with the conversation but didn't take much part as Mum subtley pumped Karen for information. If Kaz realised she didn't let on.

"Well that went well." Mum stated once we were back inside the house.

Maddy Bell 28.09.10

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What's Mom up to?

Jezzi Stewart's picture

Can't wait for the next chapter! ... but how about some more Sam An Tha, too.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Jamie and the Peach - 16

Mum must be wanting some mum & daughter time.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

new story

I could really get used to reading this on a regular basis. I love the characters and can hardly wait for the next chapter. Hope Mom is going to stay on Peaches side. Can't wait to see where our girl goes now.

new story

I could really get used to reading this on a regular basis. I love the characters and can hardly wait for the next chapter. Hope Mom is going to stay on Peaches side. Can't wait to see where our girl goes now.