A Special Time in a Boy's Life - Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

A Special Time in a Boy's Life - Chapter 1
by Anastasio Luminos

--^--
This is a story about what it might be like if the world was a bit different and if something that's often considered shameful or embarrassing is treated as more of a rite of passage to be celebrated.
--v--

Tingles were still skittering up and down my arms as I slowly opened my eyes. The dream had felt so real. I could still almost smell the bag of buttery popcorn Lynn and I had held between us.

I smiled to myself as I thought about the way she had been trying to act so nonchalant when she draped her arm across my shoulders. I had barely noticed when she had slipped her arm behind my back. But when she slid her hand under my arm and ... and ...

My face started feeling warm when I remembered what had happened next. Of course, nothing like that could have happened in reality. For one thing, my parents wouldn't let me go to the movies alone with a girl. For another thing, Lynn Taylor was one of the most popular girls in the seventh grade and already had a very pretty boyfriend.

I had turned over with a sigh, hoping I'd be able to return to my dream, when I noticed a strange sensation between my legs. My heart was pounding as I rolled out of bed and checked my sheets and covers.

After a brief search, I decided everything looked okay and allowed myself to relax a little, then slowly lifted the hem of my nightgown. I gasped and dropped it when I found a small damp spot on the crotch of my panties.

It had finally happened.

I looked up to my night stand and saw by the glowing hands of my alarm clock that it would be morning in few hours. Dad would probably still be asleep. Still, he *had* told me it'd be okay to come to him when this happened.

I turned to my little brothers bed and smiled when I saw him cuddled up with his plush unicorn. Suddenly, feeling all grown up and paternal, I gently pulled his covers up to his neck, then kissed his forehead before tiptoeing out the door.

I almost changed my mind when I reached my parent's bedroom. Their door was open, but I was having trouble getting up the nerve to walk in. I had probably been standing on the threshold for several minutes before I heard my father whisper, "Carlie, are you okay?"

I mutely nodded, then switched to shaking my head, before saying, "I guess I'm okay. I mean, nothing bad happened, but ... ummm ... ."

I could just barely see a small smile on his face by the light coming from the hallway. He slowly climbed out of bed, being careful to not wake up Mom, then silently walked across to me and rested his hands on my shoulders as he quietly said, "So, has your time come?"

My heart had climbed up into my throat, making it impossible to speak, so I just nodded.

"Oh honey," my dad said as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close, "congratulations."

I heard sniffling and looked up. Dad was smiling down at me, and a shiny line was sliding down his cheek. "Are you all right?" I asked as the lump in my throat dropped into my stomach."

His smile grew as he said, "I'm fine, sweetheart. I was just thinking about the first time I held you in my arms. And now ..."

Mom chose that moment to groan in her sleep as she rolled over in bed. We both watched her settle back down into a deeper sleep, then Dad led me by the hand to the bathroom.

Once the light was on and the door was closed, my dad rested his hands on my shoulders again and said, "Did you wear a liner tonight?"

I hung my head and sighed. "I'm sorry. I know you said I should start wearing them, but I was really tired tonight, and forgot." I cringed a bit when he lifted my chin, until I worked up the nerve to look at his face and realized he was still smiling.

"It's okay," he said as he brushed my bangs aside. "I'd forgotten to do the same thing more than once when I was your age. Do you remember the way I showed you to clean your panties if you have an accident?"

I blushed when I thought back to some of the things he had told me when he gave me the Some Things Are Going To Be Happening To Your Body Soon speech. "Yeah, I remember."

I must have been making a face, because I could tell Dad was trying very hard not to laugh. Instead, he kissed me on top of my head and said, "Okay, while you're cleaning up, I'll go find you some new panties."

Once I was alone, I pulled off my panties and put them on the toilet seat. While the spot I'd left on them was noticeable, it wasn't as big as I'd expected. I turned my attention to the sink and ran the water until it was warm, then began cleaning up.

Dad must have been listening for the water to stop running, because almost as soon as I had finished wringing out my panties and tossed them into the hamper, he was knocking on the door. As he handed the fresh panties to me he asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I don't know. I don't really feel any different from yesterday. But ... something does feel different."

"Do you feel more grown up?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe a little."

Dad pulled me into a fierce hug, and I could hear his voice cracking as he said, "Just don't try growing up too fast."

I just nodded into his chest as I hugged him back. Asking him about going to the movies alone with a girl could wait for another time.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Different

That was definitely a little different. Not sure if it is a good different or a bad different, but definitely different.

Your writing style is good, though, so would like to see some more of what you have to offer.



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage

Great Story

I enjoy the switch in your story and hope you write more.A boy and his first period so exciting RICHIE2

Escuse... Prima mestruazione?

Andrea Lena's picture

E' notturna emissioni pericolose? Buona storia, grazie!



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Sensitive and calm, but realistic

Very nice. Dad apparently accepts his cross dressing without problems. He also seems very ready to help his son with his feelings about puberty, a time when many children are very easy to embarass, and his Father is handling it quite well. I really wish my parents had been of more help with my very difficult puberty. Ah well, it was a long time ago, and I guess I turned out kind of all right, though I didn't feel that way at the time, and still wish it had been much more "normal".

Wren

Thank you!

I was really surprised to see comments on my story so soon. Thank you! I guess this is a bit of a different story. It started off with me reading another story a while ago where the main character was having her first period and how the others in the story rallied around her and had a little celebration. I was wondering if that was a realistic reaction to a basic bodily function, then I started wondering if something similar could be written about something that happens with a boy. I just hope it doesn't come out as too weird or something like that.

not weird at all!

a sweet little story - and a fun idea.

DogSig.png

Too Sweet

Too sweet if you ask me.
It must be the city water.

A Little Dramatic

Nah. Kinky behavior would explain it better.

Good start.

This is a good start to a story. It has so many directions it can go.

I wonder if you're going to take it further?

If Carlie is a son and has her periods I am curious to know how babies are born. I hope this isn't just a semantic juxtaposition story.

Nice read. keep writing.

Beverly.

Growing old disgracefully.

bev_1.jpg

Enjoyed

I liked the start to the story too. To me it seems like a role-reversal society where the girls take charge and the boys are the softer, gentler types.

I think Carlie just had his first "wet-dream" rather than a period. But I may be wrong.

I like the style and hope to see more.

Catherine

Yes,

Based upon the description of the text, and the author's response, it would seem that the first wet dream is being linked as a boys rite of passage like first menses was a rite of passage for girls in the story that gave the author the idea.



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage

Semantic juxtaposition?

I'm not completely certain what a semantic juxtaposition story would be, so I don't think I could say for certain if this is that kind of story. I can say this is a story where a number of things have been switched between what is expected from people in both genders. While Carlie isn't having a period, his first experience with a wet dream is treated in a way similar to what I'd seen having a first period was treated in another story.

I've been considering continuing this story, but I really don't have any specific direction to go with it, except maybe to further explore the world that blossomed in my head as I was putting together what I've written so far. If I do post more, I hope nobody will get upset if I run out of ideas and can't add any more.

A Special Time in a Boy's Life

So,, is this boy on the way to become a daughter?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

TG or Not TG That is the Question

RAMI

Regarding this story is it "TG or Not TG That is the Question".
It appears that Carlie is a boy, and has had his first ejaculation during a wet dream. The questions I guess is Carlie a nickname for Carl, or his his name actually Carlie, which in our society is a girl's name. The 2nd question, is why are both father and son wearing panties? Is this common in the society being written about, or some sort of family thing?

I think the story is well written and an interestin start to what might lead to future stories.

RAMI

RAMI

About Carlie

Carlie is a boy who lives in a world where males are expected to act the way that, in our world, females are usually expected to act. He isn't becoming a daughter. He's just acting the way that feels normal to him. Sorry for the confusion with his name. I hadn't realized Carlie was a girls name. For anyone who's interested, his full name is Carlisle. The reason why both he and his father are wearing panties is because that's considered normal in their world. I hope the fact that the way they're acting is normal in their world doesn't mean this doesn't count as a transgender story. If I need to change the labels attached to this story so it doesn't say transgender, please let me know and I'll take care of it right away.

Love to read more

Anastasio

I am intrigued by the implied role reversal ideas this story conjures up and I, for one, would love to see it developed further. The only other stories I have read that are anything like this are Slothrop's "Alternate Players" and "Convergence".

Please continue with this :)

Catherine