Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 11 - Friendship Born

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
"So this medical problem, you have it often?"

"Only after some physical activity."

"Ah, well I see you're a spell caster duelist."

"Yeah, so what kind of duelist are you?"

"Beat-down."

"Ah, monsters with 1600 attack or more, and no tributes to summon them."

"Yes, how'd you know?"

"Dueling expert here."

She laughs.

"Sorry, kinda forgot."

"No problem. So, what do you think of the uniforms?"

"They're okay."

"Yeah, at least mine has already been done."

"Oh?"

"I was going to Duelist Academy anyway."

"Ah. Cause of your mother?"

"Yeah, kinda need to seeing I am being prepared for a job at Kaiba Corp. when I am old enough."

"Ah, how long have you been dueling?"

Now this is a question I have been dreading, how do I answer it?

"Well, not that long really."

"Ah, you must be really good."

"Yeah, still got lots to improve though."

"Yeah, true. Well I have to go and get measured and medical tests done."

"See you, hope we can meet sometime again."

"Yeah, I hope so too."

I see Saless walk off to the measuring area. I decide to leave them to it, due to the fact I have had already completed the necessary steps for entry to duel academy when I woke up in this new body.

I head outside the changing room and put in my Kaiba Corp. comm.

"EVA?"

"Yes Tanya?"

"Current location of my Mum."

"Current location is VIP lounge here at the Kaiba Dome."

"Thanks, EVA."

"You're welcome Tanya."

I head up to the VIP lounge. As I reach the door, I feel a pain, not unlike being burned. It seems to be all-over, I collapse to my knees. I look down and see a field of energy on my hands, which then I look to see to be covering the majority of my front. Then I feel slight breeze which makes me look up and I am not in the hallway outside the VIP lounge any more.

I get up, seeing as the pain has passed. I see surrounding me a vast white expanse, well I am not in Kansas any more.

"Is there anyone there?"

I see in front of me a glimmering shape — a purplish tinge I suppose. It begins to collate into a more solid form. I blink my eyes a couple of times, 'cause what I'm seeing can't be real.

But as the case has been with me lately, it seems to be true more than not.

It's Pharaoh Atem from Yu-Gi-Oh card game and manga.

"Tell me, I am not dreaming?"

"No, you're not."

"So, why am I here?"

"Well, do you know what happened to you when your mother rescued you from that pocket of the shadow realm?"

"Yeah, I have been told."

"Well when she wished to help in anyway she could to save you, I helped."

"In what way."

"I sensed that you have a great power residing in you, one which has not been seen since I was alive."

"Wait, you really exist?"

"Yes."

"But, wait, the manga/anime?"

"Ah, I can explain that. It was a part of a plan on my part to ensure that someone could defend the world vs. the oncoming evils of the shadow realm."

"Oh, so wait, you gave these ideas to the creator of Duel Monsters card game back in my original time, so you could make sure someone could defend the planet? Plus, I think you influenced my Mum and Maxine Pegasus to bring the defenses up to actual holograms and duel disk systems."

"Yes, how astute of you."

"So back on to how you helped."

"Well, I decided that to save you, I had to use all of my power which would not make me dissipate and transform you."

"Am I still human?"

"Yes, well you do now have duel spirit residing in you and you have the ability to control the shadow realm and its magic."

"Oh, what is the shadow realm duel spirit residing in me then?"

Then I see a pinkish aura near Atem appear. It begins to take shape, I begin to recognize it. It's Dark Magician Girl but it's not the card but it's Mana in her duel spirit form.

"Hello, Tanya."

"Hello, Mana."

"Ah, Pharaoh — she is a follower."

"Yes, she is Mana."

"So, I have Mana as my Duel Spirit?"

"Yes, you do, I have grown in power and I am comparable to the Pharaoh."

"Well, more really seeing as you never went into the shadow realm completely."

"Ah, I understand that, but why do the 3 Egyptian Gods allow me to use them?"

"Well, that's due to the fact you are technically my successor as the wielder of the 3 Egyptian Gods. Also the fact my Dark Magician Spirits also become yours as well."

"I am highly honoured, Pharaoh." "I am also glad to serve Pharaoh."

"Well I think it's time for you to wake up, Tanya — I believe that someone is trying to wake you up."

"Ah, talk to you soon Mana. I shall hope we meet again Pharaoh but not if it's life threatening I hope."

"Yes, we shall meet again."

"Tanya I talk to you when you're alone. But if you need my power all you need is to ask mentally."

"I shall."

I begin to wake up, and Saless is standing over me. I seem to be propped up against the wall outside the VIP lounge.

"Welcome back stranger."

"Saless, what are you doing here?"

"I received a call from the Kaiba Corp. security office, it was a female voice and it told me to come here to see if you're okay."

I be dammed, EVA is quite good.

"I know who helped."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, they're kinda looking out for me."

"Cool, you'll be fine now."

"Yeah, had something on my mind."

"Cool, well I need to properly introduce myself, Mira Saless."

"Ah, I am Tanya Weston Kaiba."

"Nice to meet you, so see you later?"

"Yeah."

So Saless leaves, and I get up. I felt as if I was charged. I go and knock on the VIP door.

"Come in."

I enter the room and see Mum, Maxine and Principal Sheppard chatting.

"Well Tanya, you ready to go home?"

"Yeah, I think you know why Mum and Maxine."

"What is the problem with Tanya?"

"Well Principal Sheppard, there are things which we would rather not say at the moment. But don’t worry she only gets like this when she has done certain things."

"Ah, okay."

"Well, we shall meet tomorrow, Miss Sheppard."

"I shall see you once more, Miss Sheppard."

"See you tomorrow, Principal."

Mum and Maxine get up and head up to the door and I exit and they come out after me. We head off to the limo and head back to Kaiba Corp.

"Mum, I think I have found out why I am who I am now."

"Oh?/Oh?"

I tell them what Atem and Mana talked to me about.

"Ah, that would make sense."

"So If you get a report from EVA, that is her just making sure I am okay, plus I think I have made a friend today."

"That's good."

"Yeah, her name is Mira Saless — a Beatdown Duelist."

"Oh, that is good."

"Yeah."

"I think I'm going to make some more friends."


Duelist/Character Profile has been updated

http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/fiction/22793/yu-gi-oh-duelist...

For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!

For the Definate Card Database of the cards in this story — well the ones which are real and not made up by me

http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 12 — Rising Dragons

up
49 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 11

I wonder if we meet any of the Duelists from the series.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I was never a big fan of the

I was never a big fan of the anime but I'm enjoying this story very much.

Keep up the good work.

Andrea