Gazelle

Printer-friendly version
Gazelle
Started by Zoonatic
Finished by Paul Calhoun

Dear reader: Up to the first break, it's Zoonatic and from there on it's all me. This is something of his I felt could be extended. It's some of my earliest work in furry fandom. About four years now, I think. Not really up to the same standard as the Unplanned Adventures, but in a similar vein and I figured why not? There are plenty of things in this that could be considered prototypes for later development in the UA, and it isn't half bad, although it could be improved. Then again, a year after writing anything I believe that.

It had never crossed Marco’s mind that he was a furry. Sure, he liked animals, but he had never desired to look like one. That is until he saw the costume that his sister was to wear in the theatrical production of the Lion King and I.
He had helped her rehearse her lines several times for the play and she had seemed excited about the costumes that the troupe was ordering. He figured that they would be lame, open faced, stylized suits so as “not to hide the actors features”. When Marco went to a production, he was there to see the characters, not the actors. Marco liked the theatre but did not participate much with it. He had tried in the past but was overly shy and unsuccessful. Tonight was going to be different though. The first time his sister had donned the gazelle costume and had practiced her lines in it with him, he knew that he wanted an opportunity to wear it. Luckily, the chance had come as his parents had gone out and his sister was on a date.
Marco crept into his sisters room and opened up the closet. There, hanging on a rack, was the lean and gracefully feminine gazelle bodysuit. The top shelf space just above the costume was occupied by a headstand, upon which was stretched the fur covered latex mask of a beautiful anthropomorphic gazelle. He grinned as he looked around to make sure he was truly alone before he removed the bodysuit from the rack.
The body was slender and graceful, a runners body. He admired the furry suit, the white underbelly and chest, the tan fur with the black lines along the side. The hands and hooves were attached to the suit, the hands had tiny black tips on the ends of the fingers, and the feet were fully cleft hooves. They were dainty and were pretty hard to stand in, so his sister had said, but he was soon going to find out for himself.
He gently probed the black line of fur that ran from the outer thigh of the suit to the underarm. Carefully, he fished out the zipper tab and pulled it slowly down the side from under the arm to the side of the rump. He set the suit aside, realizing the need to feminize his body some more. Luckily, his sister had a corset for a role she played in a Victorian era play that was probably agonizing enough to give him the same hourglass figure she had. He slipped into the corset and zipped it up the middle, he was glad it wasn’t laced. He also borrowed one of his sister’s bras and padded it expertly with some of her cotton batting she used for her sewing projects. Once he was satisfied with his general shape, he once more took up the bodysuit.
Holding it down, he carefully stepped into the side of the costume and let the silky, cool interior transmit the sensual sensations through his skin as he slid his leg into the gazelle girl’s leg. His right leg disappeared into the sleeve of her trim appendage, and his toes fit perfectly into the box shoe hidden within the cleft of the hoof. He stood up on his tip-toe as he then slipped the second leg in. Soon, he pulled the suit up to his waist and was situating it so that the padded hips looked just right.
He reached his right arm down and slipped it into the slick sleeve of what would become his new arm. He watched as his hand slid down her arm and filled it in from the inside out. He wiggled his fingers into hers, missing the little finger a couple of times, the suit was so tight, but managed to get the glove to fit. He grabbed the neck hole and straightened the bodysuit up, popping his head through the neck hole and drawing his other arm into the suit and then filling out her left arm.
He grinned as he went for the mask next. She looked at him with her mouth slightly agape, her chocolate brown eyes bright and cheerful but with a sense of underlying emptiness. The black horns on her head were twisted into delicate spirals and one of her ears still had a golden hoop through it that his sister had added as part of her costume for the play. He liked the way his sister did these little extra things to bring her characters to life.
He opened up the back of the mask and ducked his head down into the interior as he straightened up and pulled it into place. He adjusted the articulated jaw to match his own mouth movements and made sure that the ear and nose tubes were fit securely. He tucked the mask flaps down under the neck and the gazelle girl admired herself in the mirror. Just one more thing to do….
With a broad toothed grin, the new gazelle took hold of the zipper tab on her side and slowly drew it up to the place under her arm that it would be hidden. The suit became tighter as it was zipped closed and Marco was aware of the scent of his sisters favorite perfume inside the mask where she had worn it before. Soon, Marco was completely encased and the gazelle girl admired herself in the mirror. He bemused sense of awe and joy suddenly turned to that of embarrassment when he caught a glimpse of his raven haired sister, Rebecca, standing behind him. The gazelle girl whirled around to face her….”I can explain….”, she began.
Rebecca smiled and held up a finger to shush the gazelle. “The first rule of any suit performer is not to ruin the illusion….”
With Rebecca’s guidance, voice coaching, and even some female training, Marco was soon able to pull a convincing role while costumed as the gazelle. Rebecca even arranged it so that he would be performing in her stead at least two performances per week, of course the troupe just thought it was Rebecca inside the costume. After all, Rebecca liked acting, but she really wanted to direct…..
--SEPARATOR--
Marco lay back on the wood chips, his eyes closed and mind wandering. Rebecca dangled with her legs bent at the knees from a hanging bar. The playground wasn't exactly an appropriate place for them to hang out, but over the years they'd never found a better one. Rebecca swung slightly and finally said, "you're still thinking about it."
Marco opened his eyes, "to my lasting annoyance and regret, yes." He'd long since stopped trying to figure out how his sister could hang from the bar like that. They'd both been through gymnastics class as kids, but he'd never been able to duplicate such a feat.
Rebecca righted herself and sat with the bar running between her legs. "I hope you're not mad at me for returning it."
Marco smiled, "of course not. It was worth more than we made combined on that play to 'lose' it. I'm glad they paid you."
Rebecca laughed, "any play that can budget for a skintight fursuit can afford to pay the actors. Can you imagine the quality that must have been required for it to fit so close?"
Marco closed his eyes again and Rebecca could see him trying to control his breathing. "Don't remind me."
Rebecca looked down at her brother. She sighed and said, "couldn't you get a job? With what you made on the nights you replaced me, you must be-"
Marco shook his head, "I'm not old enough to get a job, remember? I'd have to at least get papers from school, and that would mean questions. I'm not that great a liar."
Rebecca grinned, "what about when you wore the gazelle?"
Marco snorted, "I never said anything. One word would have given me away, then as now. It's only because I'm fifteen that I could fit into that costume. Give me a couple more years and that'll be the end. I can't get a job discreetly until it's too late."
Rebecca shrugged, almost letting go of the bar, "maybe you won't grow anymore. It happens." When her brother didn't say anymore, she decided to give him the choice. "How much would you do for another suit?"
Marco opened his eyes, "I hate it when conversations go this way. My response: what do you want me to do?"
Rebecca grinned, "well, if you pooled your play money with mine, and I added some of my own savings, I might be able to work something out. You'll have to sign a contract with me for a return service."
Marco looked dubious, "what return service?"
Rebecca grinned, "can't I have a bit of fun?"
Marco gave her a hard look, "not if it entails me enfemme and fur taking one of your pathetic geek friends on a date."
Rebecca snorted, "please. That wouldn't be nearly enough. No, I have a friend who wants to write her own 'private moments' play. Like the Vagina Monologues but with a different topic. If you'd be willing to be interviewed by her and act as the star, I think we could come to an arrangement about keeping the suit afterwards. She told me I could direct if I could find her a leading mammal."
Marco considered. That wasn't as bad as he'd expected, and since he'd already done one play, why not another? He said, "would I have to remove the mask or be listed by name?"
Rebecca shrugged, "it would add verisimilitude. A greater reality to the play. Why not?"
Marco laughed, "and be known far and wide as a transgendered furry? Pass."
Rebecca was starting to get into the idea and tried to be convincing. "Where else will you get such a good deal? Mom and dad don't have to know. We hid your involvement in the last play, didn't we? This is an off-off-off-off Broadway back alley piece. No one you know will be there. Heck, I'll even pay you, minus the cost of the suit. If we make more in profit than that suit cost, you'll get ten percent for being the main character."
Marco took a deep breath, "fine. I'll do it. Wait. What kind of creature is this?"
Rebecca leapt down, "I'll ask April what she thinks. For the realism, she may go with what you want, so think about it now. I'll be back later to tell you when she wants to see you."

***

"So, Marco, you're a real furry?"
Marco shifted uncomfortably, "I didn't used to think I was, but one day I just had to wear that gazelle outfit Rebecca had from the Lion King and I. I even took her place on stage several times."
April wrote something down in her notebook. "Interesting. Have you ever been interested in some way before? Going to see Cats or staring at mascots?"
"No!" Marco exclaimed. "It just happened one day. I can't explain why then, it just happened."
April nodded. "So you haven't been suiting long. The unexpectedness makes you an interesting subject. I'm going to be probing you deeply, please don't be embarrassed. Most of what you say will not be repeated, and any specific incidences will be fictionalized. Only the idea will remain."
Marco nodded and took a deep breath. "I'm ready."
April smiled. "Tell me about the first time you wore the suit. How did it feel as you slipped on the first leg? How did you prepare before you began?"

***

April looked at her notes, "OK, so I've written up a lot of the play already. What I haven't decided is what kind of fur you want to be. From what I understand, you like mammals, preferably something digitigrade. Have you thought about it? Be as complete as you want be in that answer."
Marco replied, "I thought. I've been looking around at the various people. Lupine and vulpine are common, and I admit tempting. Especially vulpine. I'm dead set against any breed of dog, but a gray striped or pure black cat might be nice. I actually did consider an equine of some sort, just so I can have something that works well on all fours. In the end, I think I'll stay traditional and go with a vixen. They can be cute and sexy."
April smiled at the comment, "I'll tell our costume designer. I don't think I ever told you what kind of play it was."
Marco shrugged, "something like the vagina monologues, she told me."
April nodded, "similar. Since you'll be the only subject, there will be more interaction with the other characters and less of you just talking to the audience. I tried to tailor it to your story, and I think it worked. With your choice of animal, I think I have enough to finish. Thank you, I'll be in touch about rehearsal, though I'm sure your sister will be more than happy to do that herself."

***

Marco went through rehearsals at first with enthusiasm. Everyone seemed happy to work with him, and interested in his furriness. He'd started out shy, but quickly grew comfortable with talking about it. With time, he stopped being so gung-ho. That turned around when Rebecca announced that costumes were in. He took one look at his, ran to the costume rack and started feeling it.
The fur was a bright orange, with a deeper red and brown highlight. It darkened further as it reached the chest and belly, which were white. The colors also deepened near and on the paws. A dark red wig sat framing the expressive brown eyes and muzzle which seemed to smile at him invitingly. Even without looking inside or feeling it, he could tell there was something padding the chest, hips and buttocks. Rebecca gently pulled him away, "practice now. I'll put it in the car so you can get used to it tonight. Just you and the suit this afternoon and evening. You can even sleep in it."
Marco could hardly wait and rushed through his lines. Rebecca forgave him that, knowing that his performance would improve drastically by tomorrow. She quietly loaded the suit into the trunk of her car, careful not to damage it or get it dirty. She wished she had a suitcase, but figured she'd find one at home to bring it back in. That is, if Marco didn't just put the thing on and never take it off. She didn't like how he'd gone for it so quickly.
Marco was quiet on the way back, and took the fursuit into his room without talking to anyone. He laid it out on his bed and examined it, seeing that the mask was attached on this one and the zipper was in front, the track hidden by a flap of fur that velcroed over it. He started at the feet, finding that for true digitigrade appearance, there were clear plastic heels. Going up, he found the genitalia and anus had been worked to inert and cover his own.
He began to wonder how much this had actually set Rebecca back. She'd quoted him a number that was way too low for this kind of workmanship. He reminded himself to work extra hard on the play. He spent a long time on the tail, feeling it and trying to see how it was stuffed. Wiggling it, he felt something odd which he eventually decided must be a servo. Only putting the suit on would answer his questions there. The buttocks and breasts seemed padded with something that felt and moved just right, probably some sort of silicone.
This led him finally to the head, which had straps that looked like they would let him move the mouth and maybe even blink the fur covered eyelids. His hand explored the inside, finding the slick latex inside, as well as some odd bits in various places. In addition to the bits in the nether regions meant to house his current parts, he found two small cups opposite the breasts, and other rubber things like suction cups just above the buttocks, and several in the head. There was also an odd band about the neck, perhaps to hide his nonexistent adam's apple. He also found a much harder section of latex around the belly, so he figured a corset underneath wasn't required.
After all this, he was more than ready to try it on, but was still very careful as he sat and pulled his feet into the back paws. He stood up and got his balance on the heels, bending down to get a grip on the rest. Pulling the arms on, he noticed how the claws could be extended with a small motion of his fingers and how the arms themselves contracted to make his seem smaller. He sucked in his gut as best he could and hooked the zipper with a claw. Hoping it wouldn't pull out, he yanked and got the zipper up to his neck, pulling the breasts into place. He smoothed the velcro down and looked in the mirror. So far so good. He had an hourglass figure, slender arms and legs, which were better shown by the invisible heels. His breasts were proportional to his slim body, accentuated by the coloring. He reached back to get a hold of the head and pulled it over his own, making sure to get the scalp hair away from the seam. It overlapped some of the fur around it, something inside gripping his shoulders so it wouldn't fall off. He pried the muzzle open and fiddled with the straps until they were as tight as his clumsy fingers could make them. Closing the mouth again, he found he could open it a little with his own. He twitched his eyebrows and the ears flicked, an inspired guess as to what those suction cups were meant for. He posed in front of the mirror, a purely feminine image, and finally turned around. By flexing his buttocks, he could move his tail with remarkable precision, and he spent the next hour posing and practicing, finally being able to flick his ears on command, and move the tail to wrap around him and touch his nose.
He bounced with excitement, noting the corresponding bounce on his chest. He had to show Rebecca. Turning, he made for his door and realized before he turned the knob that their parents might be home. Opening it a crack, he tried to call her, "Re-" he choked on the first syllable. That band around his throat had vibrated when he talked and his voice came out higher pitched and feminine. He remembered one day April had asked if she could tape his voice. She must have sent it with the order to get a voice changer installed. Marco was really impressed now, but wasn't sure what to do. If his parents were home, they'd catch a strange girl in a vixen costume, if not- wait. He was not totally disguised. Why bother worrying, Rebecca would cover for him. He could say he was a friend of hers working on the new play. That was true enough. He strode brazenly to the living room, reveling in the swing of his hips and the swish of his tail. He found Rebecca alone reading, and when she looked up it was with true astonishment. "You look amazing."
Marco spun around and said, "more than just look. Did you know about this?"
Rebecca smiled, "yeah. April said it would make the audience the more surprised. 'Sure,' they'd say, 'it's just a girl in a fursuit pretending to be a guy.' Then you pull off the mask halfway through and show your face. I even worked out a movement to show the audience how the voice changer worked. I was saving it for when you got the suit so it'd be a surprise. Happy?"
Marco laughed and spun again, "amazed, enchanted, enraptured, excited! This is going to be amazing! I realized I don't even have to hide from mom and dad when we work on it here. If I wear the suit during our sessions, they won't even question that I'm someone else."
Rebecca smiled, "if that's what floats your boat."
Marco received plenty of envious looks among the actors. As well, there were those who were really happy for him, and those that wanted to stroke his fur the entire time. Someone actually went as far as to pinch his tail, which is when he discovered that the servos went both ways. The tail delivered a very pleasant sensation whenever it was touched.
His performance improved drastically now that he had the object of his labor. The weeks flew past and the day of the first actual performance arrived. As he was about to pull the mask on once more, he looked at Rebecca, "here we are finally. I hope you enjoyed these sessions as much as I have."
Rebecca punched his arm and gave his tail a quick brush, "have fun and break a leg."

Marco took a final bow to a standing ovation, any doubts about this play evaporating with the applause. He waved, blew kisses through the mask and made thanking gestures as he received a bouquet of roses. Making his way offstage, he loosened the straps and pulled his mask off, beaming. Rebecca shook his hand and clapped him on the back, "congrats, little bro. Your first starring role and you brought the house down." She saw the sweat coming off him and handed him a large water canteen with a long straw which he took gratefully. "I'll pick up a personal cooling unit at Sharper Image this weekend. Don't worry about the cost. If we get an audience like this every night, you'll be in the black within two weeks."
Even that news couldn't elate Marco any further. He had his suit, getting paid to wear it would only be a bonus to an already amazing situation. He was going back to the dressing room to put on something cooler, but Rebecca steered him to another door. "Remember the play? You promised the audience you'd be out in the lobby to talk to them when the curtain fell. Now scoot." Marco now understood the straw. Rebecca was being thoughtful in her slave driving. At least he'd be able to drink with the mask on.
There were people from the audience already waiting, some talking to other cast members. When he walked in, his tail swaying, and that cute face smiling from under one arm, he was mobbed. Rebecca held the crowd at bay and guided him to a table so he'd have something between him and his adoring public. "You can have pictures with him soon enough, there's plenty of room for everyone if you just form up in an orderly way."
Marco was glad to be able to sit down, and carefully arranged his tail to poke out between the seat and the back as he did so. Without the microphone, it was easier to talk to people without the mask on, so he put it in his lap. Questions ranged from interest in how he got the part to whether he'd ever had intercourse in the suit. Rebecca helped him with the harder or more embarassing questions and even fended off one irate bible thumper with several choice quotes from Leviticus. Marco made a note to check his copy of the Old Testament to see how many of those were on the level.
Finally the questions petered out, and he had to stand and have his pictures taken with paying audience members. Some asked him to put the mask on, others not. One boy even slipped him a card with his phone number. Rebecca laughed when she saw that. "You've got groupies, bro!"
Marco laughed at her comment and thought that maybe he'd just call that number. Why not? The boy looked nice, and maybe he'd make a good friend. Marco wasn't so far into his role that a lifetime of seminormality could be erased so easily.
The last fan was shooed away and the theater doors were locked. Marco finally had a chance to change into a T-shirt and quickly clean out the inside of the suit. He packed it into its carrying case and joined Rebecca in her car. "Wow," he said, "that was fun."
Rebecca pulled into traffic, "get ready to have even more fun. Every night and twice Saturday until school starts again, then three times on the weekend."
Marco smiled, "I like the summer, but something tells me that the coming of a cooler climate will be welcome." He gestured to the case.
Rebecca smiled, "thinking of walking around outside in it?"
Marco shrugged, "that old playground is always abandoned anyway."
Rebecca looked at Marco for a moment, quickly returning her gaze to traffic. "Promise me something, bro."
Marco looked at her, "what?"
"Promise me you won't get too carried away with this. I'd hate to see you obsess until that suit took over your life."
Marco smiled, "don't worry. I'm sure that doing nightly shows in it will quickly give me my fill. I won't stop going to school or hanging out with my friends or you just because I have a new facet of my personality."
Rebecca nodded, that would have to be enough for now.

The last month and a half had gone by like a dream for Marco. Every evening and four times on weekends he was allowed to dress up as a vixen and go on stage. On top of all that, he was being paid now. The audience had changed as well. Over the course of the last six weeks, more and more obvious furries were in the crowd. They'd started out just coming in with tails, then ears were added, then paws. Soon enough the audience averaged one person a night fully suited, though most removed their masks to hear the performance.
Rebecca had gotten instructions from their provider on how to modify the muzzle of his suit so that a microphone could be permanently added to the mask, and a speaker placed in the nose so he could speak normally while suited. The permanent microphone also interfaced with the system in the theater, so he only had to flick a switch inside to go from normal to actor mode. Rebecca had been pushing him to tell their parents, but he was adamant. "It would mean too many questions," he said, "I just can't stand the idea." He'd gone to see April once a week at her urging. She'd said she wanted him to see her as a patient instead of a partner, but the questions didn't seem to differ much. He didn't mind, and when Rebecca asked about April's opinion, he could easily tell her the truth. "April says that there's nothing inherently wrong with me. Being a furry isn't a big deal in terms of psychological problems."
"What about a female furry?" Rebecca had asked.
Marco laughed, "that was your fault, big sister. Yours was the first suit I saw. I'd point out that I've never had the chance to wear a male suit."
Rebecca had gone off after that with an expression of concern, but determination. Marco shrugged and left her at that. He wore the suit around the house on rare occasions, and his parents had never commented after the first time on the eccentricity of "Rebecca's friend." The arousal he'd once had when putting it on had left him for the most part. Now he just felt as if his problems were remote. The vixen was a star; popular, beautiful and graceful. Why shouldn't he enjoy being her. And he was still turned on when he saw himself in the mirror. It was on one of these occasions when he was in front of the mirror - practicing swishing his tail more for his own pleasure than for any need - that Rebecca knocked on the door. "Come in," he said in that amazing voice of hers.
Rebecca entered, smiling. She had a large box in her hands and as she placed it on the bed, she stopped to pet Marco's tail. Despite any protestations of his continued use of it, she couldn't help but admire the feel of that appendage which Marco now seemed capable of controlling without thought. He smiled, guessing his sister's thoughts and luxuriating in the feel the tail's sensors relayed to his skin of her touch. Rebecca looked at him, "could I see your face?"
Marco pulled the mask off, "sure sis. Just let me put this on its stand." He carefully placed the mask on its foam head and sat. Crossing his legs, he started brushing the hair absently. "What's up?"
Rebecca sat as well and said, "you know that big convention you're supposed to appear at? Well, it's a little early for your birthday, but its such a long gig that I figured you'd be glad to slip into something that won't get you mobbed by fans and autograph seekers wherever you go."
Marco laughed, "I doubt anyone will recognize me when I'm not her."
Rebecca shook her head, "don't be so sure. You take her off in front of an audience often enough. Your human face is almost as well known."
Marco looked at the box and grinned. Jumping up he said, "you bought me another?" He pulled her up and hugged her tightly, "IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou! I can't believe you actually did this for me! You have to let me pay you back at least half!"
Rebecca pushed him away, laughing. "Just get me something as big and amazing for my birthday."
Marco laughed, "you got it, sis!"
Rebecca said, "I'll leave you to try it on."
Marco was already unzipping the vixen, "I'll come out as soon as I've had a good look myself. Is it just as advanced-"
"Look for yourself!" Rebecca replied, pulling the door shut behind her.
Marco cut the box open with as much care as he could, but didn't have to worry. The suit itself was packed under several layers of insulation and inside a suit bag. He unzipped it and a mass of black greeted him. Intrigued, he pulled the bag away and found a large box underneath. He opened it and a black cat face looked up at him, its emerald eyes glinting in the light. He picked it up and found that there was a masculine cut to the white scalp hair, which came down by Marco's estimation to mid back. It had its own stand, which he placed next to the vixen's. Picking up the suit again, he examined it more closely. This one had almost no padding. He'd figured Rebecca's gift would be male, but this total lack in padding meant his own physique would do all the work. Reaching inside through the back, he found the same suction cup near the buttocks and a sheath for his genitals. Examining the outside, he saw that it was black except for the paws and tailtip which were white. The belly fur had a dusting of white hairs as well. It was all velvet soft, domesticated as opposed to the feral soft with a hint of coarse of the vixen. The face's nose stuck out, marking it as one of the shorthair breeds that still could work for a living. No lazing about on a pillow and eating fancy feast for this boy. He ate Friskies and got his fun by chasing anything that was smaller than him and moved. He could see that in the playful glint in its eye. There was something on the back, a white plastic thing with something multicolored inside. It looked like it was meant to only be used while the suit was being worn, and Marco was eager to oblige.

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gazelle

A fun start to a new series. Thanks.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine