Catwalk Confidence - Part 37

Printer-friendly version
Catwalk Confidence

By Connie Alexander

You spend your entire life thinking you’re just like any other boy, when you suddenly find out you aren’t, trying to adjust can be difficult.

 


 
 
Part 37
 
 
We park the car and get out. I can't get over the view. Off to the left is the Golden Gate Bridge, straight ahead across the bay is Sausalito, there's Angel Island and off to the right is Alcatraz.

There are all sorts of boats out on the bay, everything from small sail boats to motor boats clear up to some huge Navy ships.

Mom's impressed too. "Ms. Kelly must do alright to be able to afford this view. These houses are so cute and not cheap."

We go up to the door and ring the bell. It's soon answered by a very tall slender woman of about fifty. She kinda looks like that singer Mom likes; I think her name is Anne Lennox. Anyway, she's fairly attractive with extremely short grey hair and she's wearing slacks and a silk short sleeved top.

"P.J. Kelly? I'm Sharon Conners."

"Yes, come in, come in."

"Thank you for taking the time to meet with us. This is my daughter Alex and her friend Robbyn."

"Pleased to meet you all let's go up to my office so we can discuss things."

After we all get seated P.J. says, "Ok first off you may call me either PJ or Kelly, there's no Miss, Ms or Mrs. I have to say I'm intrigued by you Alex. Ramona speaks very highly of you. That's why I agreed to this meeting."

Mom says, "Thank you again PJ, you may call me Sharon and we really appreciate your time. Did Ramona get into any detail about why we may need your services?"

"She did. She mentioned that after seeing young Alex here do her supergirl run, Nike has expressed an interest in using her for a commercial."

I say, "Ma'am, it's not a supergirl run, it's called Parkour. If you'd like, I made a copy of the film we did for you, if you'd like to see it that is."

"Please, call me PJ, "ma'am" makes me feel too old and I have seen it Alex, Ramona sent me a copy and to me, you do look like supergirl. Quite frankly I'm not sure how you did some of the moves you managed in it.

Now to get down to business, I've already taken the liberty of putting out some feelers to see how strong Nike's interest is. What I've heard back seems to indicate that they are very interested but there is a limited time window for them. They want to use you while your popularity is still up."

Mom says, "Will you be able to represent Alex?"

"I can if we reach an agreement. Currently I'm extremely busy and really wasn't looking to bring on any new talent, but I will for Ramona's sake.

As to the agreement between us; normally for a commercial shoot such as this one, an agent would take ten percent of what you earn for a project. If you do this commercial, this is how it will pay out. First there will be a flat fee payment of $567.10 per performance, plus any overtime or extra allowances for wardrobe, travel or adverse conditions. Given what you'd be doing, I think we can easily get adverse conditions added to the contract.

Now this fee is one that's a negotiated flat fee by SAG, that's the Screen Actor's Guild. If you end up doing the commercial, we'll need to get enrolled in SAG. It may not seem like much but the payoff is in the earnings you'll receive from residual payments.

In other words, every time your commercial airs, you get paid a small fee. This is where I earn my bread and butter. Depending on the market, actors are paid anywhere from a few cents to more than $400 per play. This can add up to several thousand dollars, even millions, particularly for national commercials that run on network and cable stations across the country. A commercial TV actor can make anywhere from $10,000 to $60,000 for standard use of a national television commercial. Regional commercials can earn an actor several thousands of dollars as well, depending on market size and the number of times it airs. The more a commercial airs the higher potential an actor has to make a large sum of money.

From what I have been able to gather, Nike wants to use California as its regional test market. That's a good sized region for a test market. If the commercial is received well, they'll expand. If the commercial does very well, they'll want to make more.

With me so far?"

We all nod our heads.

"Good, now as I said, normally an agent only gets ten percent, I'll want twenty for this commercial. As I said I'm extremely busy but I'm willing to do it. Twenty percent is what I'll need to make it worth my while. If you end up getting more commercial work, then we can start lowering that percentage.

Now what you'll get is this, I'll negotiate with Nike. The better I do the more money I make so you can be sure I'll do a good job. I'll also put together a portfolio for you. Since you currently don't have one, I'll arrange some studio time to get some still and video samples of you. Additionally I work directly with several tracking companies. What they do is keep track of where and how many times your commercial airs. If I didn't do this, you'd have to do it and that isn't easy. I pay them out of my percentage and as I may have mentioned, I don't get paid until you do. How does that sound?"

At this point Mom steps in and as good as I'm sure PJ is in negotiations, Mom is no slouch either. The end result is PJ's percentage is fifteen percent for the first commercial and ten for any further work. There's a bit more detail to it than that but that's what it all boils down to.

When all of that is done, we're just talking. Robbyn and I noticed all the photos she has around of her with all sorts of famous people and we're asking about them. At one point PJ turns to Robbyn and says. "So are you going to do acting or modeling too?"

"Me? No way. I'll just live vicariously through Alex here."

"You aught to think about it, you have the 'California girl' look and that is always in demand, you're very pretty and if you can act, you could get the work."

"Oh I don't know about that."

"Tell you what, if you go with Alex for when she gets her photos done, I'll have them shoot a few of you as well. I'll keep them on file and if anything comes up, we'll give you and your folks a call, deal?"

I immediately say, "Deal."

"Alex! What if I don't want to?"

"Then you don't have to take the job. Listen, you're always talking me into things, now it's my turn to talk you into this. You're doing it. She'll do it."

Mom and PJ are chuckling at us. We soon head out with PJ promising to get the contract over to Mom and to follow up with the guy from Nike. Apparently she's dealt with him before. As soon as she knows anything, she or someone from her office will be in touch with us.

* * *

On the drive back home we're all chattering away about our meeting with PJ and all that will be going on. It isn't until we're back home and Mom is off in her office and Robbyn is on the phone with her folks, 'cause they called just as we walked in the door, that I begin to realize just what has happened to me.

I'm just sitting in the dark in the family room when Mom finds me.

"Hey sweetheart, what are you doing here in the dark? Is everything ok?"

"Everything's ok. I guess I'm just a bit overwhelmed is all."

"What's wrong honey?"

"I don't know. I guess I thought Nike would call, I'd go do a run and that would be it. Instead, I have an agent, I'm going to not only get photos taken I'm going to get a video taken as well. This whole thing has kind of take on a life of its own. I'm scared I guess."

Mom comes and sits down and puts her arm around me.

"Oh honey, you don't have to do this you know. I can give PJ a call right now and stop everything."

"I know and believe me there is a part of me that wants you to do just that. It's just, well, if I quit I'll always wonder you know? I'll always say to myself 'what if?' That plus an awful lot of people have gone to a bunch of trouble already and it wouldn't be fair to them if I just quit now. And then, well I still don't know what I want to do with my life. Look at Ellen, she's always known she was going to design clothes for the rich and famous and then there's Robbyn who's going to be a famous physicist. Me? I've never felt that strong about anything you can make a living at. Maybe this will be it. I don't know but I'm a bit scared."

"What's so scary?"

"People. There are a lot of people who will be focusing their attention on me and that's terrifying. Just being around strangers is scary enough, but to have their attention on me? Brrrr, it sends shivers up my spine every time I think about it."

"Oh honey. I think you'll do fine. I know you've always been shy, but I've seen a huge improvement in you and how well you deal with it. At you brother's banquet you were superb."

"Mom, I was scared to death. I thought I was going to throw up."

"But you didn't and on top of it all, you didn't even show one single hint that it bothered you. Despite being so shy, you have a natural way with people. They take to you right away and you put them at their ease. Especially with young children.

I know this bothers you honey but I think you'll be fine. I'll be with you and if at any time you want to stop, then we'll stop. Ok?"

Giving Mom a huge hug, I say "Ok, thanks Mom."

You're welcome sweetheart. Now, you want to help me with dinner?"

"Sure."

* * *

Journal Entry: June 4th

Ok, where do I start? Things have been going so crazy since I last wrote in this thing.

Well, if I try to enter everything that's happened, I'll be here forever, instead I'll just hit the highlights.

The biggest and the best thing that's happened is Robbyn is out here!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? I was absolutely stunned. Even better, she's here for the rest of the summer. {break for the Happy Dance}

Things have gotten even better between us. She's the best friend anyone could ever have. I'm not sure I'm going to get into too much detail about our relationship, it's enough to say that Robbyn is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Ok, now on to other news. It looks like I'm going to do a commercial. I know! Me do a commercial? Who would have thunk it. It seems that Nike, yes that Nike, saw my rescue of Elizabeth, that's the little girl I saved, and some of my Parkour footage and they want to use me in one of their 'Just Do It!' commercials.

Mom, Robbyn and I went up to San Fran on Monday and met with an agent. She seems to know her stuff and passed Mom's muster so I'm signed on with her. Today we're going back up to San Fran for me to do a photo and video shoot. This will be for my portfolio, not for any commercial or anything.

Anyway, PJ, that's my agent, called us on Wednesday and said that she's in talks with Nike to hammer out the details of my contract. To help keep my image in the public mind and thus be able to get more out of Nike, she had me accept this radio stations request for me to hand out tickets to the people who won the contest to name the superhero (that would be me). So anyway, we went up to the radio station and did this thing and it turned out to be a pretty funny experience in an embarrassing sort of way. See the guy that actually won the tickets, oh how do I say this without sounding mean. Ok, I don't mean this in a mean sort of way, this guy is your typical nerd type. Don't get me wrong, He and his brother are nice, just high-water pants, white socks, loafers, horn-rimmed glasses, the works. Your stereo-typical nerds. On top of that and from their reaction to me, I don't think they interact with girls much.

So we're up there, Mom, Robbyn and I, and even the local TV station is there. I'm on the air with the radio guy and they bring in the winner and his brother. When they see me they get the goofiest looks on their face, they can barely speak, and you can tell they're really nervous. It was actually kinda sweet in a bazaar sort of way.

So over in the corner, Mom is trying to not smile and it's all Robbyn can do not to start to roll on the ground laughing and I'm not sure what made me do it, but when I gave this Larry kid his tickets, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, and he damn near passed out. Then we took some publicity shots. I swear at that point I think I could have asked these guys to go play marbles on the freeway and they would have. I've seen puppies with the same sort of look.

I didn't really understand their reaction and we were talking about it on the ride back home. Mom says that this is the power women have of guys, especially pretty women. I'm beginning to see that and it's kinda spooky. What I mean is, I've seen how guys go gaga over say Mom or Ellen and especially how they react to seeing Robbyn. It's just I guess I'm not used to having that type of reaction directed towards me.

Anyway, the next few days went by quietly. Robbyn and I lazed about the pool mostly. We kept trying to catch Ellen so we could wheedle her into taking us to the mall, but she's never home anymore. Apparently Ellen has a new boyfriend and if she isn't running up to her school, she's out with this mystery guy.

I went with Mom to the club on Thursday for the next intense cardio class, oh yea, I did the first one on Monday and it's brutal. Well the first wasn't a fluke, this one was just as bad. The only good thing about it is I seem to be the only one so far that can do the class without stopping. Everyone else has to pause during it to recover a bit. I still feel like a rung out dish rag but I can do it. Mom can almost do it all the way but no one else can even come close.

Well I'm going to finish this up for now, I need to get ready to go up to my photo/video shoot and before that, I need to get Robbyn out of bed. I swear, I thought I was bad some mornings but this girl only knows about sunrises from what she's read about them in a book, I don't think she's ever seen one. The sleepy head. She is awfully cute when she's sleeping though.

Ok, bye now.

End Journal Entry

* * *

Shutting down my computer I go and crawl back into bed. I decided not to run this morning as I want to be as fresh as I can be for this photo shoot thingy. Robbyn is sleeping on her side so I slide in facing her. When I gently run my finger along her cheek, she smiles in her sleep making me smile in return. It's so nice to just lay here watching her and think about how much I care for her.

The next thing I know I feel someone (it has to be Robbyn) giving me a light kiss on my lips.

"Mmmm." And I kiss back.

"Rise and shine sleepy head."

I was right, it's Robbyn. Keeping my eyes closed I reach up and pull her head back down for another kiss.

After another quick kiss she says, "no, no, no, no time for that. You need to get up now. We need to get ready for the photo shoot."

At this reminder, my eyes fly open.

"Oh my god, I fell back asleep. What time is it?"

"Easy, we've got time but not enough if we stay in bed too much longer."

"Oh jeeze, I know but there's so much to do."

I get up and start getting my things together.

"You don't know what I did with that list that PJ sent do you? I need to make sure I've got everything I'll need and you're going to help me with my makeup right? Ok, I'm just going to dash into the shower, can you check with Mom to see if she has that list? Thanks. Oh jeeze why did I go back to bed?"

Laughing, Robbyn says, "Take it easy will you. The list is right here and we got everything together last night. Go take your shower and yes I'll help with your makeup. I'll be right in there because I need to shower too, now scoot."

I don't know why but I'm getting extremely flustered and nervous about this whole photo shoot. So much so that when Robbyn joins me in the shower, I'm hardly tempted to mess around. Hardly that is, I am able to restrain myself and with a quick kiss, I get out and leave her to finish while I dry off and start to work on my hair.

About this time Mom comes in to check on us.

"You girls doing ok?"

"Fine Mom."

"Fine Mrs. C."

"Great"

"Mom, why are we doing this? I mean Nike has already said they want me right? Isn't a portfolio for someone who's looking to get new work?"

As Mom starts helping me with my hair she says, "Well, for the same reason that PJ both came down on her commercial commission and is paying for the studio time. She doesn't think that this is going to be a one time thing. She thinks you have a great deal of potential. The way I see it, it wont hurt to have this done and to have the direction of one of the top agents in the country setting things up, well you'd be hard pressed to put a price on that.

You might not ever use this portfolio but then again you might. That goes for you to Robbyn; I think she was quite taken by you too."

"I just can't figure why I'm so nervous about all of this."

"Well you're a fairly private and shy person, I suspect that's part of it. There may also be a part of you that wants to do this. But I think the main reason is because you're a very competitive person and you always try to do your best. Suddenly you're in a new situation where you don't know all the rules and how to be the best. As you gain confidence you'll lose your jitters."

"You think?"

"Yes honey I do. There, how does that look?"

"It's great Mom, thanks."

"Ok then, you girls need to hurry. I've got breakfast ready so don't dawdle. Oh and remember, no makeup, you’ll have it put on at the studio."

“Oh jeeze, I completely forgot. Thanks Mom.”

Thank god we set out what I was going to wear today or I never would have made it. I don’t know if what Mom said is true or not, the one thing I do know is I can’t remember when I’ve been this jittery before.

Slipping on my skinny jeans, a white untucked tuxedo blouse with the sleeves rolled up and my silver chain belt cinching it in, plus my black snake skinned pumps and I'm ready. They’re not really snake skin but they look it.

Looking in the mirror I see a girl looking back that isn’t at all sure that what she is doing is the right thing. I also notice that I don’t’ care what they say, I at least needed some lip gloss. After applying it I look moderately better. Still uncertain, but better.

Turning to Robbyn who is chuckling I ask, “What’s so funny?”

“You are. You’re acting like you’re about to run off and get married or something. I’ve never seen you look so, oh I don’t know, unsure. Even when you first started dressing like a girl you looked scared but not like this. It’s kinda funny seeing you like this.”

“Gee, thanks tons.”

“Hey, you’ll be fine, really. Now come here.”

Robbyn pulls me to her and gives me a hug, then a nice kiss.

“Umm, strawberry. Feel better?”

“A bit, a very tiny bit. Thanks and thanks for coming with me.”

* * *

After a breakfast that I don't even remember eating, we pack up the car and head up to the city. Both Robbyn and I have two large suitcases each plus Robbyn's none too small makeup case.

The drive up to San Fran isn't too bad all things considered and we we’re soon pulling into the parking garage of the building where the studio is. This place isn't too far from PJ's place. It's right at the beginning of the Embarcadero near Fisherman's Warf; actually only about two or three blocks away.

After parking and dragging out our suitcases we make our way down, out, in and up to where this studio is. It looks to take up most of the top floor of this place.

On entering the small reception area, there's no one there but we do hear a small chime come from back as we enter.

Before very long a young girl of about twenty-five or so comes out.

"Hello there, may I help you?"

"Yes" replies Mom, "Alex Conners and Robbyn Anderson are here for a photo shoot."

"Oh super, you're here early. I'm Lisa and if you'll follow me I'll take you back to your staging area. I see you brought your own outfits, that's good. We'll want to get them hung up and if needed, steamed. Did you happen to bring your own makeup?"

At that Mom lifts the makeup case she's carrying.

"That's super. Ron will want to apply it but there's absolutely no way we can provide makeup for everyone who comes here so that's why we have you bring your own.

Ok, here we are. If you'll get your stuff hug up, I'll go let everyone know you're here. Can I get you all something to drink?"

Mom says, "No thank you Lisa, I think we're fine."

"Ok then, back in a flash."

"Ok girls, start unpacking. Alex, why don't you put your stuff on those two racks and Robbyn, you can use those two."

"Ok Mom."

In the room are several mobile clothes racks and Robbyn and I proceed to unpack our clothes. There are also a couple of makeup tables, some other small tables and a small sitting area.

Shortly Lisa returns.

"Ok guys, Phillip and Ron are finishing up with a last minute client and will be in here in just a minute. Phillip and please don't call him Phil, asked if you brought any swimsuits."

At our nods, she says, "Super, get them out but don't change yet, Phillip will decide if he wants to use yours or one of our stock ones."

As we're getting out our suits, we hear the chime again.

"Oh bother, ok ladies, I'll be right back. Phillip will be back here in just a sec and I'll return as soon as I can. Sorry, but our receptionist's car broke down and she's running late today."

After Lisa leaves, Robbyn and I turn to each other and at the same time say “Super” then start laughing.

Mom says, “Be nice girls.”

About twenty seconds after Lisa leaves, the door opens and in sweeps a slender well built dark-haired man dressed in a blazingly white tee-shirt and black jeans.

"Oh ladies, I so sorry I keep you waiting. Favors, favors, everyone ask poor Phillip for last minute favors. Now what's this? PJ not say that there will be three models to shoot I am sure. Ok ladies we make it work. So you here to get greatest portfolio and I will give it for you.

First ladies, strip, I need to see the canvas I have to paint with."

At Phillip's accent, manner of speaking and especially his last comment, we're all three standing there with stunned looks on our faces.

"Well what you wait for, chop, chop, we must hurry. As I say everything emergency around here."

"Phillip, I'm afraid that there's been a bit of confusion somewhere. I'm Sharon Conners, Alex's mother, and this is Robbyn Anderson. They’re both fifteen"

"Mother? You not a mother. What, you have this girl when you seven? These girls not fifteen and you not old enough to be mother. Is PJ making joke at me?"

"Well Phillip, that's quite the complement but I do assure you that I am not only a mother but her mother and they both are indeed fifteen years old."

Lisa had come back into the room at this point and Phillip turns to her.

"This is true?"

"Yes sir it is."

"This one crazy day it's going to be. Ok we start over. I am Phillip, I will shoot your pictures today and we will create a masterpiece for your portfolio, everyone who sees it will fight and die to have you work for them. But to get this masterpiece, we must work like you never work before.

Since you really fifteen? Ok, ok. Since you fifteen, we not do anything with the nudity. No one see you flower or full boobies. All we do will be very tasteful you see but you must trust Phillip.

Now first let me see what you have for the swimsuit. I have model waiting in other room we can use with this first part."

We show him the suits and he turns to me. "You have bra and panties on?"

"Um, ah y-yes, yes I do."

"Good, take off shirt and pants."

"Um, here, ah now?"

"Of course here and now. Listen, you do model work, you do this. Now your bra and panties like frilly bathing suit. They show and hide same amount. Don't you worry, you have nothing I want silly. Now please, you take off. Your momma right here, it's fine."

Taking a shuddering breath in, I start to remove my outer clothes. Robbyn is getting a big kick out of this and is trying not to laugh. Phillip helps her in this by saying, "You too. PJ want some photos of you too. Off with the clothes."

I giggle at her reaction as I finish up and stand there in my underwear.

"Girl, you need new bra, that way to small. Poor boobies can't breath. Now let's see. . . . Humm."

Phillip looks me over and starts to walk around me. "Hmmm. . . nice, you very nice. Do much with you. Let me see teeth, big smile."

I do that then say, "I feel like I'm up for auction."

"You are girl, you are. You selling YOU. This body you have is what you sell to whoever you get to buy. They want look, you give them look. You blessed, and you too girl and you too momma. You all have bodies and look that people dream of. You gonna give them a little piece of dream when they see you in a magazine or on TV or in a movie.

You have many gifts. You pretty above many and you can bring joy to others by them seeing you.

Now take this suit and put on while I look at other pretty girl."

He tosses me Robbyn's white two-piece string bikini and turns to Robbyn and proceeds to check her over.

Just as I'm looking around for somewhere to change, Lisa pulls up a mobile screen I can change behind. With a grateful look to her, I get behind it and quickly change. Damn but this is one tiny bikini.

As I come back from around the screen, Robbyn is going back to change into my blue one-piece.

Phillip is going through our clothes and is talking in some sort of short hand to Lisa about the various articles of clothes.

As Phillip finishes up that, in walks a strange man. Jeeze, doesn't anyone knock anymore?

"Ronnie, finally. Everyone, this is Ron. He the best when it comes to hair and makeup. Ronnie you take Alex here and give her very minimal look for the beach. Minimal blue to bring out her eyes. She no need much. Then you do this lovely."

Ron motions me over to one of the dressing tables. "Lisa said you brought you own make up?"

I get the case and hand it to him. He starts to go through it. “This is a great collection. Do you do makeup work?”

“Oh it’s not mine, it’s my friends. She’s addicted to the stuff.”

“Well, she’s addicted to the good stuff. This is a professional set up. Just a sec while I go through everything.”

While he’s doing that, I look him over. He looks older than Dad but still in good enough shape. Receding hairline but he keeps his hair real short so it looks fine. The interaction between him and Phillip seems to indicate more than just a professional relationship but hey, who am I to judge.

Soon Ron is working on my face, telling me to look up, to the side, down and in next to no time he finishes. Looking in the mirror I can’t see what he did at all but the effect is great. Very subtle work. Maybe he can give me some tips.

I see Robbyn checking me out and nodding her head in approval.

“Nice job.”

“Thank you. Alex tells me this is your kit.”

“It is.” And soon they’re off talking about the alchemy of makeup.

Phillip comes over and gives me an approving nod too. “Ronnie da-ling, you do same with this one only use a bit of green for the eye. Yes? Ok Alex and too young to be momma, you two with me, Ronnie will bring Robbyn when Robbie is done. Yes? Let’s go.”

Phillip leads the way down the hall to a door about half way down. Entering we’re in a large room with what looks like the worlds largest sand box with a large green screen is behind it. There are tons of lights and a young, say around nineteen or twenty year old, tall, blond, muscular guy sitting in chair in a bathrobe.

“So Alex, PJ want some video too. You can remember lines easy?”

“If I get a chance to read them a bit I can, usually that is.”

“Good, read this, remember this.” At that Lisa hands me a script.

I read through it a couple of times and think I have it pretty good and tell Phillip that I’m ready.

I look up and that guy is staring at me. I start to blush and turn my head back to Phillip.

“You remember everything? That was fast, you need more time?”

“I think I have it sir.”

“Sir, I like. Very good manners. Ok, this is what we do. First we shoot commercial then we take stills. I maybe want some stills with young Jerry there. He is new too and needs these shots as well.

Ok, second thought, Jerry lay on beach towel. Alex you will run up and sit next to him. He is boyfriend ok? You sit, tell lines, we’re done. Ok?”

Nervously I say, "Ok."

"Good. You no worry, everything is fine."

At that, Phillip starts to explain what he wants me to do.

up
313 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Schedule is all messed up

Sorry my schedule is all messed up. Between Thanksgiving, and all of the house projects I was doing over the past week, I just didn't have time to finish this.

Part 38 may be a bit late too while I finish it up try to get back on schedule.

Hope you all enjoy this latest installment.

Luv and hugs,

Connie

Catwalk Confidence

I think you've done a great job with this story!

Your ok

Renee_Heart2's picture

Hun your ok I think we understand how tings ge with the holidays. Things can get hetic so no wories. I'm going to go a bit off topic here for a bit to all of our U.S. Readers just a small reminder of what next tuesday is Pearl Harbor day Decenber 7, 1941 "A day that will live in infemy" (FDR).
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Schedule? what schedule

It's OK, I am hooked already. I just look forward to each episode when it pops up. besides who am I to complain, I have unfinished work from two years ago.

P.S. I really like the pictures you use in your teasers.

This was very nice.

Excellent actually. I like the way things are taking a life of their own. It's a great length too, I enjoyed the read very much. I like the photographer the accent or way he talks and that slightly manic quality...it added a nice something to it all.

Bailey Summers

Anything good is worth waiting for!

And you are good Connie.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Comercial

Renee_Heart2's picture

I don't think Phillip knows exactly what this comercial is for. I think he has things a bit mixed up I think he needs things explaned to him. The still photo's np but still I think he needs some things explanied to him that this if for Nike not something else.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Commercial

The commercial is being done solely for Alex's portfolio for future work. In fact the whole photo shoot is for future work. Alex questioned this with her Mom.

"Mom, why are we doing this? I mean Nike has already said they want me right? Isn't a portfolio for someone who's looking to get new work?"

As Mom starts helping me with my hair she says, "Well, for the same reason that PJ both came down on her commercial commission and is paying for the studio time. She doesn't think that this is going to be a one time thing. She thinks you have a great deal of potential. The way I see it, it wont hurt to have this done and to have the direction of one of the top agents in the country setting things up, well you'd be hard pressed to put a price on that.

You might not ever use this portfolio but then again you might. That goes for you to Robbyn; I think she was quite taken by you too."

Hugs,

Connie

Still hope Alex and Robbyn stay together

Alex needs to learn to interact with boys, sure, and this 'commercial' shot I suspect will give her a taste of it. But she and Robbyn make a great couple and should have a chance together and not have a boy be a wedge between them some day.

Kim

Catwalk Confidence - Part 37

Hope the girls don't lose themselves in the glamour of fame.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

modeling

Isn't like digging ditches, but it is hard work, as she is beginning to find out. I love his explanation of doing a shot in her underwear, although I am not sure they would do that with an underage girl.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Connie, this is another

Connie, this is another great chapter in your lovely story, and I do like how you had Alex's Mother explain the portfolio work and commerical work to Alex and even to Robbyn.
I would love to see Sharon wind up getting her photos taken and find herself with a portfolio also. Being from the Bay Area originally, the comments of Alex regarding what she, her Mom and Robbyn were seeing around the Bay was super, as it definitely brought back some cool memories. San Francisco is the city I love to visit when I can. Jan

Worth the wait.

Stories like these are worth the wait, and I'm glad I got the opportunity to read more of it. I don't care if it takes you months to write the next part, I'll be there to read it when you are done.

I really liked this chapter because it helps to show just how much Alex has changed since the story began. I think that she is more confident in herself than she thinks she is. I know she has what it takes to succeed, she just needs to see it for herself.

Thank you Connie for making my day brighter.

Hugs,
Megan

As always

it's as if we're sharing the girl's experience with them as friends rather than readers. Wonderful stuff here!

Hugs!

Grover

Wow

The rush atmosphere of the studio was done masterfully! :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

New pic!

Connie -- I absolutely love the new pic for the series! Much better than the old one.