Wednesday Inanity!

Printer-friendly version

CalLiE and HobbEs


GeE? WhaT iF???

  

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I Loved That Strip

littlerocksilver's picture

My daughter gave the complete three volume set to me a few years ago. I still laugh until I hurt when I read some of the episodes. Hobbs, named after a philosopher if I remember correctly, is actually alive, but only when no one else can see him. I don't believe he was imaginary. He was far too wise. He was Calvin's muse and mentor; a bit like Nicklaus in The Tales of Hoffman. Bill Watterson was a remarkable cartoonist.

Portia

Portia

Calvin and Hobbes

Both Calvin and Hobbes were named after philosophers, who disagreed on the existence of "free will" vs. "predestination" and that argument is a big part of the strip. Hobbes the tiger turns back into a stuffed toy when anyone but Calvin sees him. I liked it because I was the kind of kid who would have had that kind of discussion with an imaginary friend.

Thanks for the chuckle 'Drea.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Wednesday Inanity!

Thanks for the chuckle.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You're Funny

eom

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Yes Drea

Gee what if? Thank you for the thought provoking giggle.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

That would be

one mischevious little girl! Or would that be "twisted"?

Calvin was famous for his snowmen and snow art" . I wonder what she could do in this medium?

Thanks, Andrea!

Hugs
Carla Ann

Psychologist

Calvin to Parents at the Doctor's Office: The psycho wanted to wear the fancy white coat with all the straps.

And presto...

...I have a new desktop background! Thanks for the laugh!

My Favourite Strip

joannebarbarella's picture

What poetic justice! Remember Calvin was President-For-Life of GROSS.

Love it!

Joanne

Yes, but Calvina is also President-for-LIfe

Andrea Lena's picture
Get.Rid. Of. Superfluous. OrganS.


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena