Two drabbles

Printer-friendly version

Two Drabbles

Waking up:

Child : “Mom! Mom! I had the most horrible dream!

Everything was.... different! My room, my clothes, even my body! And....and I was stuck like that for like, the rest of my life!

Mother: It was just a dream honey. You are safe, and everything is back to normal, right?

Child: I guess, but why in heaven would I dream of having to live life as a BOY?

Excerpt from a Lost Pilot for Star Trek:

Survivor: “you see, captain, when this ship crashed, I was the only survivor, and I was only fourteen years old.

The aliens here had never seen a human before, so they used the image in my mind to repair me.

so... they made me look like this.

And believe me, everything works.

Please, stay with me, and see how much better things are like this!

Captain: “Well, I have enjoyed it. I will stay, and we will be girls together!”

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Two drabbles

I liked the Star Trek one the best.But then, I am a Trekkie.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Dear Stanman, I respectfully(!)...

... offer my divergent opinion: Considering the nature of this blog, it seems to me that the punch line in the first drabble has considerable oomph. It receives my nod. (I expect to be chortling till bedtime.)

Besides you didn't divulge which Startrek captain you might envisage here in Dorothy's imagination: Janeway, Kirk or Picard. (Yes, I know there were others, but a Trekkie I ain't.) I'd have to score you incomplete.

Says pilot to Star Trek, and

Says pilot to Star Trek, and everyone knows that the captain at that point was Capt Christopher Pike, who showed up later in a trial for Spock. So obviously this is about Capt Pike.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy
http://i-know-i-know-but.net/

From "The Menagerie"

To elaborate: from what I remember of the double episode "The Menagerie" (the one where they recycled parts of the rejected pilot, and the one where Pike appears) there was this woman who had crashed on the planet as a kid -- she was horribly deformed, but within the mental "playground" virtual reality the aliens offered her, she was healthy and beautiful. The aliens offer Pike, who was totally paralyzed, the choice of living like her within the mental "menagerie" as a healthy man, loving that woman. So that second drabble makes A LOT of sense... if you have seen the episode.

These are humorous.

In the first one, somebody asked me when I was younger, what it felt like to have the best of both worlds. I looked at him with a blank stare because I only know one way to live and that is female. In the Star Trek one, wouldn't it be fascinating if they had actually had Captain Kirk turn into a female for like several episodes while the federation scientists worked on a antidote? That would have been so precious.

Thank you for sharing and Happy New Year.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."