Les Joyeux - Part 2

Printer-friendly version


Do You Hear Our Sisters Sing?

Do you hear our sisters sing?
and brothers a song of hope today?
It is the music of a people
Who'll be free 'ere come what may!
When the yearning of your heart
overcomes the woe and sorrow
There is a life that will begin as
Hope comes tomorrow!

Will my plea to you avail?
Who will have faith and stand with me?
Somewhere there beyond the pale
There’s a whole new you to see.

Then step into the light
None may deny the right to be free!

Do you hear our sisters sing?
and brothers a song of hope today?
It is the music of a people
Who'll be free 'ere come what may!
When the yearning of your heart
overcomes the woe and sorrow
There is a life that will begin as
Hope comes 'ere tomorrow!

Will you live all you can live?
So that our banner may proceed
Some will fall and some will live
Will you stand to see your cause succeed?
our hopes and dreams
will have been attained indeed.

Do you hear our sisters sing?
and brothers a song of hope today?
It is the music of a people
Who'll be free 'ere come what may!
When the yearning of your heart
overcomes the woe and sorrow
There is a life that will begin as
Hope comes tomorrow!


Song adapted from
Do You Hear the People Sing?
from the musical Les Miserables
words and music by
Herbert Kretzmer and
Claude-Michel Schonberg

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

a song of hope

your ability to make me "hear" the music behind your words shines through as always.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

I simply love it...

when you are so openly optimistic and hopeful in your writings. Yet another one for the personal archive!!! Brava!!!

Always Your...

Brat

Cool - you took up the challenge!

KristineRead's picture

Drea,

I guess "Ask and ye shall receive" does work... ;)

Very nicely done. Wave that banner strong!

Hugs,

Kristy

I have been saying this for years.

Even in my preadolesence I advocated that I had the right to be me, to be free and allowed to be seen, loved, accepted, and maybe partialy or wholly understood. In order for us to live what this poem says, we MUST FIRST come out of the closet. My closet was only for clothes, my coats, shoes, boots and boxes. There was no room for me, so I had no choice but to let everyone see who I really am. I guess I lucked out, and when Chrissie - Book II - Girl Interrrupted comes out, you will see how I was able to continue being me.

Being a woman isn't just clothes, hairdos, stockings, nice feminine shoes, a nice feminine name. Being a woman is a discipline, a way of life that we live 24/7 all year long, year after year. There are no coffe breaks or vacations in being a woman. For those of you who don't have the courage to show the world who you are, because you are afraid that you may be called a nasty name, beaten up, lose your family, friends, and job, just remember; do you want to be you, or live in abject misery and sorrow because you failed to take the plunge? Alright ladies, it is time that we were all "out" as the saying goes. It is time that we were proud of who we are, and have the temerity to show ourselves to the world.

I have dressed as myself ever since I was 5 years old. I even wore my friends clothes to school. I had one teacher all through grade school. In my stories I call her Miss Spencer, and she was a very understanding teacher. She was the first teacher to tell me not to let anybody tell me who I have to be.

This poem that Drea has written hits right on the money about what I am saying here. These words should ring in your mind forever, and give you the courage and pride you need to be the woman that you are.

Do you hear our sisters sing?
and brothers a song of hope today?
It is the music of a people
Who'll be free 'ere come what may!
When the yearning of your heart
overcomes the woe and sorrow
There is a life that will begin as
Hope comes tomorrow!

The song she is talking about IS ACTUALLY the music of a people. The people of the transgendered community. Just remember this line from For What It's Worth by the Buffalo Springfield.

"Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep, it starts when you're always afraid, step outta line, the man come, and take you away."

Don't let paranoia strike you in the heart and stop you from being you. I have checked all 50 states crossdressing statutes, and it is only against the law if you use crossdressing as a disguise to commit a crime. Other than that, to dress as the woman you are, and demand that you be accepted as the woman you portray yourself as, is legal. This is the message Drea was putting across in this poem. Listen to these words of wisdom that she wrote and follow them.

Drea this is a powerful poem with words of wisdom that everybody in the transgendered community should heed and follow. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

There's so many beautiful sisters

that I hear singing here. I'll add my voice to the choir and sing as your brother anytime.

This was great 'Drea.
Really great.

Bailey Summers

Les Joyeux - Part 2

A beautiful song. Thank You for posting

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine