Catwalk Confidence - Part 41

Printer-friendly version


Catwalk Confidence

By Connie Alexander

You spend your entire life thinking you’re just like any other boy, when you suddenly find out you aren’t, trying to adjust can be difficult.

Part 41

The rest of the weekend is just plain fun. After getting back to the hotel from seeing the Tonight Show, we all go back to the hotel, change, grab some dinner then go down the pier to play in the arcade and do some of the rides again.

Since Dad has to work the next day, Mom, Ellen, Robbyn and I decide to just take it easy. We walk up and down the beach, play in the surf or just lounge by the pool. Since we're leaving first thing in the morning, we decide to do the pier one last time and this time both Mom and Dad join us.

We go over in the afternoon and have a blast. We play games in the arcade; we even get in a friendly competition with some other kids that are there. After doing some more rides and dinner, we go back to the hotel and watch a movie. All three of us fall asleep on the couch before it ends.

The next morning comes all too soon for me. I wake up to Mom knocking on our door and me about to fall off the bed. Robbyn is almost turned sideways in the bed and it won't take much more to send me to the floor.

I'm not sure how I got to bed last night. I assume that Dad carried all three of us as we're all still dressed and lying on top of the covers.

Since Ellen is moving but doing it slowly, I dash into the bathroom ahead of her to take care of business first, and then pass Ellen as I leave.

"Morning sis."

"Morning Alex."

Robbyn is now sleeping on her belly, her face hidden by her hair.

"Robbyn, time to get up."

Nothing.

Louder I again say, "Robbyn, get up!"

This only gets her to turn on her side.

Giving her butt a nice swat, I practically yell "Robbyn!"

"What! Hey, you slapped my tushie."

"And a fine tushie it is too. It's time to get up."

"Ugh, five more minutes ok?" She then lies back down.

"No way girlfriend" and I go to smack her butt again. "You need to get up now."

Seeing me coming, Robbyn jumps back up. "No smacking the tush. You could have bruised me for life you know."

Laughing, I reply, "I'll kiss and make it feel better later, now get up."

"Promise?"

From the bathroom doorway Ellen says, "You guys are terrible."

Giggling, I finish brushing my hair while Robbyn goes into the bathroom. With my hair done, I finish packing my suitcase.

An hour and a half later we're on our way to the helipad for our trip home. The ride back in the helicopter is just as exciting as ever. I'm convinced that this is the only way to travel.

Journal Entry: June 13th

Ok, a ton o' stuff has happened. Let's see, what to tell you about first. Ok, how about Brandon? Yes, him again.

See, while at the club there was this whole big misunderstanding about Brandon and my sister and his girlfriend and well, I ended up pushing him in the pool. So you are probably totally confused by now so let me take it from the top.

The other day I saw Ellen leave with her boyfriend but I didn't get a good look at who her BF was, I just got to see a bit of his profile. Then I'm at the club with Mom and I see Brandon with this blonde kissing. Brandon and Ellen's boyfriend look to have the same profile so using my astounding deductive powers I immediately jump to the wrong conclusion and think that Brandon is the BF. I go over and promptly push him in the pool.

I'm feeling real smug at this point until I see Ellen walk in with her real BF, Brandon's brother Jack.

Exit me, stage left in tears and utterly humiliated.

Well it didn't turn out too bad. Ellen forgave me and we were laughing about the whole thing, 'cause a dripping wet Brandon is really funny, when the doorbell rings and lo and behold there's Brandon, now dry but still real mad.

It seems like his girlfriend Brandy, you heard me right, it's Brandon and Brandy. Excuse me while I heave a bit. Anyway it seems that Brandy is just a tiny bit jealous and thought that Brandon was cheating on her with both me and Ellen, as if. So Brandon wanted us to go out to explain to her the truth.

Well my notes here say that Brandy is a, humm, let's see, oh yea a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, and she is. She didn't believe me when I told her there was nothing between Brandon and myself. Apparently anyone would want him 'cause as she says, he's loaded, um I mean loads of fun. Like I said, B.I.T.C.H.

My final attempt to convince her was to give Robbyn a kiss that left no doubt that my interest laid elsewhere. If she still doesn't believe me then tough cookies.

You know, I really don't know what it is about Brandon that makes me want to push his buttons so much but I do. I guess everyone should have a hobby. (giggle)

Now to the fun stuff, the trip to L.A. and the Tonight Show. The trip was a total blast. We all had a great time and for me, it was probably the best trip I've ever taken.

The Tonight Show was amazing. No wait, it wasn't, the Tonight Show was a lot of fun, Sara Carerra was amazing. Her CD will be coming out next month and it's so on my 'to get' list and if she ever does a concert, I'm going. Period, the end.

The next day we all just hung out around the hotel. We walked along the beach and then went to the pier to play games and eat. A fun time was had by all as they say.

Anyhow, I wanted to get this all down before I forgot, Mom's calling so later.

End Journal Entry

"Hey Mom, what's up?"

"I was going through the messages and on Wednesday, we have an appointment with the school. We'll be meeting with the headmistress and take a tour of the campus. Hopefully we'll know right away if you'll be accepted. But tomorrow, we're going up to meet with PJ and Phillip and pick up your portfolio and comp cards."

"Whee hoo sis. You turning professional on us?" Ellen is grinning at me.

"I think people are going a bit overboard on this whole thing. I mean, why can't we just pick up the portfolio or better yet, they could just mail it. Why the meeting with PJ and Phillip?

"Well PJ said she has some news about the Nike commercial she wants to discuss with us and according to her, Phillip said and I quote, 'Phillip Chow reviews his masterpieces with all clients and this portfolio put all others to shame.' He's a funny man."

"Mom, who did you just say?" asks Ellen.

"Who, PJ or Phillip honey?"

"Phillip, you said Phillip Chow?"

"Yes."

"Phillip Chow the photographer."

"Of course. Why . . ."

"Argh!" and Ellen starts to bang her head on the counter.

"Ellen, what on earth are you carrying on about, and stop hitting your head."

Ellen turns to me and asks, "You had Phillip Chow take the pictures for your portfolio?"

"Ah, yea."

Burying her face in her hands Ellen starts moaning.

"Did you bring your clothes or use his?"

"Both, but mostly my own."

"Oh, I can't' believe this."

"Ellen, stop this right now and tell your sister and I what this is all about."

"Mom, you guys don't know who Phillip Chow is? My god, he's just one of the top fashion photographers in the world is all!"

At our looks she adds, "If I had been around, I could have had Alex wear some of my stuff! That type of exposure would have been priceless, heck the thought of begging copies of the photos with Alex wearing my stuff, well I'd just have the best portfolio of anyone in my class is all. Oh I can't believe that I missed this opportunity."

"Well." I say, "why don't you come up with us? You'd at least get the chance to meet him. Who knows what could happen."

"You'd do that? I can? Oh Alex . . "

"Now hold on Ellen," says Mom, "This is for Alex. I don't see any reason why you can't go but you will not, I repeat you will not pester Phillip and hurt any opportunities for Alex. Do I make myself clear?"

"Oh perfectly Mom, thank you Alex. Oh thanks you two, thank you." With that Ellen heads off downstairs, practically bouncing off the walls as she goes.

As Ellen leaves, I ask Mom, "Where's Robbyn?"

"She's calling her parents. She'll be out in a bit."

No sooner has Mom said that when a very excited Robbyn comes rushing into the kitchen.

"Mrs. C, Mrs. C, Mom wants to talk with you."

Robbyn hands the phone to Mom and comes over and grabs my arm. She's bouncing up and down and has a huge smile on her face.

Pulling her out of the kitchen so Mom can talk, I ask, "Robbyn, what is it?"

"It's Mom and Daddy, they're going to be coming out here!"

"What?"

"Daddy's done meeting with all the people he was going to meet with and they decided to come out here to finish up their vacation. They're going to stop off at home then come here. They should be here by the fourth of July! Isn't that the greatest? I'm so excited."

"That's so great Robbyn." And I give her a big hug, but inside my stomach feels like I just had a sudden drop in an elevator. Soon, Robbyn will be going back home.

* * *

Looking at the glowing numbers on the alarm clock slowly change, I realize that there's no way I'm going to get back to sleep so I get up, use the bathroom and dress for a run. Maybe running will help clear my head.

Going downstairs, I find Mom in the kitchen fixing herself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning sweetheart, you're up early this morning."

"Morning Mom. I just wanted to get a run in before the day started. I haven't been running much lately and I think I need to start again."

"Well don't forget that we need to go up and meet with PJ and Phillip this morning."

"I won't Mom. Back in a bit."

My route today takes me along the same route that Ellen and I took ages ago when I saved Elizabeth. I wonder how she's doing and if she thinks of me.

Resolving to send her an e-mail today, I kick up my pace until I reach the harbor. Standing near the pier, I look across the fence to the boats tied up, then across the water to what I think is San Lorenzo.

The breeze feels nice against my skin as it cools me. Unfortunately it isn't doing anything for my emotions. I can't even describe them, everything just seems so jumbled right now.

Thinking that I need to get back, I turn and head home. A few more miles behind me and I come back into the house and head to the kitchen for a quick drink.

Mom's still there and Ellen is up and having breakfast at the counter.

"Morning Ellen."

Ellen gives me a pinky wave around a mouth full of Chex.

Mom asks, "How was your run sweetie?"

"Not too bad. I'm going to run up and shower and I'll be right back down."

"Ok honey, get Robbyn up too, we'll need to leave in a bit."

"Ok Mom."

Back in my room Robbyn is still out cold. I strip out of my running clothes and before going in to take my shower I go over to wake her up.

Nuzzling up to her I say, "Robbyn, time to get up. Rooobbyyyyn, wakie wakie."

Pulling back a bit I see her smile.

"Come on sleepy head, you need to get up and get ready. We need to go up to San Fran this morning, remember?"

Robbyn opens her eyes and seeing me smiles some more and says, "ooh, you're naked. Me like."

"Oh no you don't, none of that. We need to get moving."

"Party pooper."

Laughing at her I say, "Don't stick that lower lip out at me or I'll bite it, maybe later. Now come on and get up."

At that I go and get into the shower. As I'm rinsing the shampoo out of my hair I feel a slight draft then a pair of arms reach around me and start to run up and down my body.

"You are so bad. I told you maybe later."

An almost evil chuckle is all I get in reply then . . . . Oh my!

* * *

In the car on the drive up, Robbyn and I are in the back seat and Ellen is up front with Mom. Ellen is turned half way talking with us when she says to me, "Alex, what happened to your lip?"

"Oh, um I accidently bit it."

Robbyn starts to giggle.

"You're looking very Angelina Jolie this morning, not that you don't already have a bit of that pouty lower lip thing going anyway, just more so this morning."

"Great, I look like I'm pouting."

"Hey, it's a good look for you. Drives the guys wild I bet." And she gives Robbyn a wink.

Robbyn giggles some more and I just roll my eyes at the both of them.

Shortly we're pulling into the parking garage next to Phillip's studio. The last time I was in this garage I could barely walk and as soon as I got into the car I passed out.

We quickly make our way up to the studio and Lisa is in the reception area.

"Hey there Lisa."

'Hi Alex, hello Mrs. Conners, Robbyn."

"Oh sorry, this is my sister Ellen."

"Hello Ellen. You all will be in the conference room right through that door. As soon as PJ gets here, she and Phillip will join you. Would any of you like something to drink?"

We all tell her we're fine and we're ushered into the conference room to wait.

A few minutes later the door opens and in comes PJ and Phillip.

"Alex da'ling, so nice to see you again. Hello, who we have here?"

"Oh, Phillip, PJ this. . . ."

"Stop! Don't say it. You, come here please."

He's pointing to Ellen. Ellen looking confused goes over and he leads her to the corner and starts talking to her in a low voice.

We're all looking confused by this and Ellen is shaking her head no. Finally Phillip raises his hands in frustration and says, "I still don't believe that. Really?"

Ellen says, "Yes, she really is mine and Alex's mom."

Phillip comes over and cheek kisses Mom and says, I still think you all fooling Phillip. You more like her sister than mama."

Mom says, "Phillip, you are a doll and bless you for saying that. Hello PJ, maybe you can convince him."

"Not me, once he gets an idea in his head it's almost impossible to change his mind. How are you Sharon?"

"Very well PJ, Let me introduce you to my other daughter Ellen."

"Hello Ellen, please call me PJ. Are you a future model or actress too?"

'Oh not me, I just want to design clothes is all."

Lisa comes in carrying several large envelopes.

"Ok then," says PJ, "why don't we start with young Robbyn here. I really think that you have a very desirable look so that's why I had Phillip take some shots of you and here they are."

With that she spreads out four different shots; a head shot, a quarter shot and two full body shots.

"Oh my," I say, "Those are so great."

Everyone agrees. Robbyn looks absolutely fantastic in all the shots.

After going over all the shots, PJ says, "Ok this packet is for you. I'll keep these others on file and if anything comes up, we'll be in touch. I'm sure that we will be too."

Robbyn and I are both going over her pics admiring how nice they are when PJ clears her throat.

"Ok Alex, first we'll go over your shots and then we can discuss the Nike commercial. As you know we had Phillip take both video and still shots. If you watch the T.V. we'll show the cosmetic commercial first."

PJ hits the remote and soon I'm watching myself do a Cover Girl commercial. When it's over PJ says, "Alex, you're a natural. I'll have Phillip tell you his opinion but from watching this, I find it difficult to believe that you have never done one before. You look extremely relaxed and you have a very natural flow to your lines. Phillip?"

"You very easy to work with, a true pleasure. You learn your lines fast and as PJ say, you give a natural flow when you speak. You take very good direction which make my job so much easier. As I say at the time, you almost make me want to be that boy."

Everyone laughs and I blush.

"Ok, PJ continues, "we'll see the other video after we go over the stills."

With that we go over each shot that will be in my portfolio. All of them are stunning and in several I can hardly tell that it's me in the shot. Phillip is truly a master and Ron's makeup was superb.

We finally reach the still of me in the outfit that I did for the runway. As PJ shows it to us, we all take in a breath. Most of the comments are about how gorgeous the picture is or how I am except from Ellen. All you hear from Ellen is "A Yochi Ben, oh my." That gets us all chuckling.

The picture doesn't look at all like me I don't think. The girl, no the woman, in this picture is stunning.

"Phillip, a hundred years ago you'd be burned at the stake, 'cause this is proof you can do magic. How did you ever get me to look like this?"

"Stupid girl, that you! All I do is go click, click with my camera. I can do some things with lighting and with the camera, but that is all you. Sooner you believe that, the better!"

PJ says, "the next video is your runway performance."

The video starts and sure enough it's me walking up and down the runway. Each circuit is filmed at a different angle though. Phillip must have been running like mad to get into position for all the different shots.

Phillip starts the discussion on my performance. "You are vey aware of your body and it shows. You move very well, your posture is good and you have good movement to your arms. Lisa say your feet bleeding when we were done but you not show it in your face. You looking straight ahead and you have serene expression. Your expression and movements all go to enhance the dress and show it to it's best ability. As PJ say, you look like you do this for a long time."

We continue the critique then Phillip gives me a leather bound portfolio with large shots of all my pics and CD's of the videos. Also, I'm given a stack of comp cards that have four of the best shots on one side and my best head shot on the other along with my stats.

We wind up this part of the meeting and as Phillip is about to leave he says, "You will do well Alex, I know these things. Someday, maybe soon I can shoot you for a magazine, perhaps for your sister's clothing line?" at that he gives Ellen a wink then cheek kisses me, then Robbyn and finally Mom and Ellen. "You 'too young to be a mama' I see you too. I need to go now but PJ call me later. I have fabulous idea for you."

With that he's gone.

* * *

Ellen asks, "Is he always like that?"

"Who, Phillip?" replies PJ. "For him that’s sedate. Now Alex, We're pretty much set for Nike. I need to know if you can get down to L.A. next week, say Wednesday? Before they finalize things, they want to meet with you. How about it?"

I look over to Mom and Mom says, "that wont be a problem. Have you been able to finalize a dollar amount?"

"That's good. Yes I have and that's the other bit of news I have. If you and Nike like each other, in addition to the fee payment of $567.10, they'll pay travel and lodging as well as a $5,000.00 hazardous fee. As I mentioned in our last meeting, the residuals is where you'll earn the money. To start, the commercial will be aired as a regional right here in California. For that, you'll earn seventy-five per, if and I believe it will, it goes national, you'll earn one hundred per. For a second commercial you'd get one-twenty-five conditional and a third would be one-fifty conditional.

This is a very, very good deal and quite frankly I'm a bit surprised that they agreed to it. What all this means is if they want to do a second or a third commercial, you'll need to do it but you'll earn at least one-twenty-five and one-fifty minimum respectfully and that can be negotiated upward based upon how well the previous commercial does. This second and third option will be in effect for two years. That means that they can use you at any time within the next two years but if they don't, then we start all over again."

Ellen asks, "She'll only get seventy-five dollars for this?"

"That's for each showing." PJ replies. "Alex, on the regional alone I project at least a thousand airings, but to get that we need to move on this."

I just sat there stunned. Someone is actually going to pay me eighty thousand dollars to do Parkour. Wow.

"Alex?" says PJ.

"I'm sorry PJ. I didn't hear what you said, I'm afraid I'm a bit stunned. What did you say?"

Chuckling she says, "I said, if everything goes well on Wednesday, they'll want to shoot the commercial the following Monday on a five day schedule. How does that sound?"

"Oh, um fine I guess. I will have to check out the route they want me to use first to make sure it's ok, but if it checks out, then we can do it the following week."

"Well they'll have a stunt coordinator for this who will certify that things are as safe as they can be, you'll not have to worry about that."

"Excuse me PJ," I interrupt, "but I need to have the final say on the run and that needs to be made clear to them. I know what I can and cannot do and I've been doing this for years and know my limits. I'll certainly work with their stunt guy, but I have to have the final say."

Mom says, "That will need to be in the contract PJ, we wont take chances on Alex's safety. Oh, and I need to be allowed access on set with her too."

"That's already in the contract, especially as she's still a minor. As to the final say, I'll talk to them and see what they say to that. Would you be agreeable if you and their stunt coordinator had joint say?"

"That's fine with me. I just want to be able to say 'no way' if they want me to do something that's too dangerous."

"Ok then, I think we'll be able to work something out. So I'll go ahead and see if we can get this scheduled for Wednesday ok?"

"Great."

"Well that's it. I'll give you a call Sharon as soon as I've locked down the appointment. Alex, I'll talk to you both later."

At this point we break up the meeting and head on out.

* * *

Back in the car, Ellen joins Robbyn and I in the back seat and we go through our photos again.

Ellen says, "Oh Alex, this one is so neat. I love the makeup on this."

"That would be Ron's handiwork. You didn't get to meet him today but he's really good, isn't he Robbyn?"

"Good is too light a word. The man is great."

Ellen turns to my runway photo. "Oh Alex, you got to wear a Yochi Ben. Was it a scrumptious as it looks?"

"It's gorgeous, I just wish it had fit me better. If it had I might not have given it back. As it was, I could hardly breath in it."

"Not breathing sounds like a reasonable compromise to having an original Yochi Ben to me."

To which we all start to laugh.

"Hey, what's this?" I ask, pulling out a manila envelope from the back.

Opening it, there is a CD, two pictures and a note.

The note just said that the CD had all of the photos on it. In a hand written note at the bottom, Phillip wrote, These two photos are for you and your friend. Phillip

The photos were the same; they're one that Phillip took of me and Robbyn together in our swim suits. It must have been taken when we weren't actively posing cause we're both relaxed and laughing at each other.

"Oh Alex, Robbyn, this is a great photo of you two. If you need a title for this, just call it 'Best Friends' 'cause that's what it says to me."

"Me too." I say. Robbyn just nods her head as she and I hold hands, looking at the photo together.

* * *

Early Wednesday morning I wake up and slip out of bed. I'm not sure why I make an effort to not disturb Robbyn, I think I could jump up and down on her and she wouldn't wake, but I make the effort anyway.

Once I've taken care of my morning business, I finish dressing and go downstairs. Surprisingly Mom isn't sitting at the counter this morning. I eat a banana and have a glass of juice. After scribbling a quick note that I'm off for my morning run, I head out the door.

It's just before sunrise as I head out. Since Robbyn's announcement that her folks are coming out, I haven't been sleeping real well. Running helps clear my head and lets me work through some of my problems.

I know I'm being depressed at the prospect of her leaving but I can't seem to shake it. If I don't come to terms about it soon, I'll talk to Amanda. I know she has to go home but . . . well that's as far as I get. There isn't anything either one of can do about it. We're both way underage and live on opposite coasts.

Trying to shake out of my grey funk, I kick into a full run as I reach the park. Soon I'm climbing up and jumping off retaining walls and playground equipment and generally tumbling my way across the park.

After about an hour of this I'm at least a bit less tense, though no closer to resolving my feelings on the whole Robbyn going back home thing.

As I near the house, I've pretty much resolved myself to just take things one day at a time and to enjoy every minute of my time with Robbyn. I still feel like crap about this whole thing.

Once inside, I go straight up and take a quick shower. Clean and dressed in knee-length skirt and a nice cotton blouse, I head back downstairs for some breakfast.

I'm sitting at the counter when Mom comes in. She's obviously not just getting up as she has her coffee cup in one hand and some paperwork in the other.

"Blast, I thought I might have beaten you this morning."

Smiling at me, Mom refills her cup and says, "How was your run this morning?"

"Ok I guess."

"Is everything ok? I've noticed that your runs are getting longer each day."

"I'm fine."

Mom comes over to me and puts her arm around my shoulder. "Then why the tears."

Surprised, I realize that I do have tears running down my face. With that realization, I turn and bury my face against Mom and just quietly cry.

Mom holds me close and strokes my hair while I make a soggy mess of her blouse.

"Oh Mom, I'm going to miss her so much." And my crying is renewed.

"I kind of figured that was what was bothering you. Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry, but it's not the end of the world, even though it may feel like it right now. She's still your friend and that's not going to change and at the very least, she'll be moving here in a couple years."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well you did say she was going to be going to Stanford didn't you?"

"Yea."

"Well then . . ."

"What?

"Honey, do you know where Stanford is?"

"Not really, it's one of those Ivy League schools back East I guess."

Laughing, Mom says, "Sweetie, you know that college we pass every now and then? Haven't you seen all the signs?"

At my confused look, Mom says "That's Stanford honey."

"What? I . . . I just never paid attention to it before. Really?"

Laughing, Mom says "Really, in fact if you go to this private school, some classes are actually held at the Stanford campus. They're right next to each other."

I must have had the stupidest look on my face because Mom just can't stop laughing. After a minute to process it all, I begin to join her.

"I, I just never noticed. How could I have missed that? God, I feel like a total retard."

"Oh honey, this is just too funny."

Feeling surprisingly better, I hug Mom again.

"I'm sorry Mom, I got you all soggy."

"Don’t' worry about that honey. Are you feeling any better?"

"Yea, a little bit I guess."

"Good. I need to go change and you need to finish your breakfast and fix your face, then we need to get going, but I do want to continue our talk later ok?"

"Sure Mom."

Giving me a quick hug and a kiss on top of my head, Mom says, "I love you baby, I'll be right back."

"I love you too Mom."

up
300 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Happy New Year!

I found more time than expected and was able to squeeze in just enough between cooking, cleaning and watching the girls open their presents to finish this chapter.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and my very best wishes to you all for the new year. May the new year bring you nothing but joy and happiness.

Luv,

Connie

Right back atcha!

The same you to, Connie... only a 100-fold in return! Every chapter is like a Yule/Christmas/Hanukkah present from you!

Thank you, both for wishes

Thank you, both for wishes and great chapter. It would be also great, if Robbyn could go to new school with Alex. I think its possible especially as preparation for Stanford.
Robin

Thank you Conie

Renee_Heart2's picture

Thank you Conie for this Chapter & the well wishes. A very happy & prosperious new year to you too hun
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Catwalk Confidence - Part 41

TY

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Yay! Robin is going to be around!

I love how she didnt know where Stanford was.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

So very good!

Still we have yet to see what Alex's long distance plans are.

As always a fun story!
Hugs!
Grover

Friends moving away?

Renee_Heart2's picture

Ik Robbin is excited to see her mom & dad again, but is she going to actualy move out there, or is she going to go home at the end of the summer? I guss we will have to find out in later chapters. Elin was so busy with her boy friend that she knew nothing of Alix's photo shoot Alix wanted to tell her but she didn't have time for her at the time Alix was trying to tell her. Maybe next time Alix has a photo shoot Elin can give Alix some of her own designs.

Good story Connie I look foward to next weeks chapter
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Stanford, an Ivy League

Stanford, an Ivy League school? Nahhhh. What I used to think was funny, was when people (tourists) would come by our High School (Sequoia); and think they had arrived at Stanford because we had a huge "S" on our main entry gates. Our school was 15+/- miles from Stanford. We were in Redwood City and Stanford is in Palo Alto. As a side note, Sequoia was founded in 1895 as a Prep school for Stanford, and is the oldest High School in the San Francisco Bay area between San Francisco and San Jose; so maybe the tourists weren't all that "off base" in stopping by. Jan

Intresting

Renee_Heart2's picture

I thank you for the intresting information Jan this is a very intresting tid bit of Triva information & I personaly thank you for it.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

This story is such fun!

Perhaps Robbyn's parents would be moving to stay near their daughter? Like maybe, in the very near future?

Wren

Great story!

I have really liked the story so far and the strong feelings that come through. Alex seems to be so completely a girl now (well she is physically - but now she is that in her mind too) that while reading I tend to forget that she was a he. I do wonder, does she think about her old "himself" at all...

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

The Amazing Story Continues...

Thank you Connie for this wonderful present. I might take my sweet time getting to it every time you post, but it is certainly worth the wait.

I loved watching Alex's new world start to unfold in front of our eyes. It seems almost certain that she will be pulled into the modeling industry now that even Phillip is looking forward to doing a shoot with Ellen's designs. It seems even more inevitable with all of that going on.

Speaking of Ellen, I loved her reaction to everything that she could have already been a part of. Meeting Phillip, the Yochi Ben, even her portfolio. I bet that she is feeling a little bit of regret for not speaking with Alex earlier now. :)

Alex, too, seems to be growing up so fast. I hate to think what Robbin leaving would mean to her, but I guess we'll get the chance to see how she copes with it. I don't think Robbin has even considered what having her parents come means yet because of her excitement level at seeing them again.

Great story as always, Connie. I can't wait for more.

Hugs,
Megan