Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

The rain storm came out of nowhere, catching you completely unprepared. What do you do?

----------

Instuctions:

Alright, so here's the low down on how this is gonna work. I'm going to give you a somewhat standard choose your own adventure type opening, and a handful of choices for what happens next. As part of a comment, tell me which choice you would like the character to take. The choice that gets the most votes is the one that will be taken! I'll set an arbitrary limit of only tallying votes until noon on the day after posting, so get your votes in quick! Each successive "page" will have its own choices for what you can do next, and the voting will start over, again, closing at noon the following day, though I might extend the time by as much as a day if less than ten total votes have come in. Also, this story is going to be MtF, at least to start with, a fact that I felt needed mentioning primarily because the entire thing will be written in the second person.

Sound interesting? Alright, let's do this!

----------

Pickles

Page 1

The rain storm came out of nowhere, catching you completely unprepared. What had started as a simple walk to the supermarket has now transformed into a miserable trudge through perilous streets that oddly seem completely unfamiliar to you.

A nearby building with a convenient awning provides you with a much needed respite from the storm. After about ten more minutes of torrential downpour, it finally lets up. Unfortunately, it's replaced by a thick haze.

There you stand: soaked, tired and far from home. What do you do?

---Examine the store front
---Sit against the wall, waiting for the haze to dissipate
---Head out into the haze

----------

The voting begins... NOW! ("page 1" posted on 1/17/2011, voting set to close at noon on 1/18/2011)

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

or option d

Angharad's picture

I go and read Princess For Hire hint, hint.

Angharad :)

Angharad

I'm workin' on it :P

I'm working on it, Angie. The second book's going slower than the first not only because I want to have it all written before I start posting it, but also because I'm having to be a lot more careful as I write it. I'm not making up the characters as I go along anymore; they all have established personalities, quirks and behaviors that I need to take into account while still trying to move the story forward, an issue I'm sure you're familiar with from your own writing. My initial expected arrival date is probably still gonna hold strong, for at least the end of March before the first chapter is posted. But I promise, it's coming.

Now... how about a REAL choice this time? :D

Melanie E.

I went and wrote

Angharad's picture

an interminable tale after getting soaked, but for the character here - head out into the haze after examining the store front.

Angharad :P

Angharad

Into the haze

...for a hazing?

R

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

---Examine the store front

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I reckon this is a choice

Head out into the haze. Thats where it has to get serious.

i agree

---Head out into the haze

Dittto

Head out into the mist for be eaten by giant spider---sorry, wrong story

Yay, an adventure :)

Umm.. It's cold, and I feel miserable, so I don't think I'd like to gaze at any store fronts, however interesting they may be. Hmmm, but!? Who knows, maybe it's a store with bodysuits? Or an SRU? That would be a shame. :)

However. Sitting and waiting isn't also quite _me_ , so I guess it's 'Head out into the haze'.

Is it some kind of mist? I find those quite romantic, it's a little eerie and somewhat cottony quiet in mist, but it's also a little adventurous with unknown peril hidden by that grey blanket. There's that whole mysterious kind of quiet when you're walking in a thick foggy cloud of anonymity, and just a few yards away you could pass the most amazing horror or beauty and never know about it. But your senses might. Just on the border of your surroundings there's something tickling. Very very lightly...

Yeah, definitely into the haze. Who knows, I can get home quickly and warm my clammy bones at a cozy warm fire blazing in the fireplace.

Ooh, I'm giddy with anticipation. What's next?

Jo-Anne

I'll Vote For...

...examining the store front.

Eric

(BTW, is that noon Pacific time?)

Hmm, what a choice...

There's the window presenting numerous different kinds of options, but everyone knows the real stuff happens in the haze! Bring our AFGNCAAP into it!

Examine the store front

It's been a long time since I read the Choose your own adventure series. This sounds like it could be an interesting project.

I vote for Examining the storefront.

Although, If it were up to me, I would force you to to write a new page for every option, since I would always go back to read what would happen in the other branches.

--Brandon Young

--Brandon Young

Always a different sort...

Beverly Colleen's picture

Only because no one has chosen it yet and I have had a miserable day and just want someone to come along and give me a big cuddles and comfort, I'll slide down miserably against the wall soaking wet, drenched to the bone. I peer out into the haze forlornly waiting for it to go away, wondering how I got here so far from home when all I wanted to do was go to the supermarket. Maybe someone will come along that I know that will give me a ride and miraculously have clean clothes and warm comfort for me....uhm wait....you're supposed to be writing this aren't you? Sorry....

Beverly Colleen

Beverly's Balcony

**********
I am a leaf on the wind, but someone turned the fan off.

Be bold!

Head out into the haze. After all, the other options are only delaying things. Unless the shop's magically appeared out of nowhere (read: SRU universe) there's not going to be much of interest, and if you wait until the haze has gone, you're going to have to introduce a critical moment at a later point.

Just be aware that if you do go for the haze option, being knocked flying by a crazy speeding motorist has been done before (albeit a smidgen over 3½ years ago) :)

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

---Examine the store front

---Examine the store front I am a bit of a gluten for curiosity and warmth. hehe

The only bad question is the one not asked.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

waiting

If I was cold, tired, disorineted and soaked and to add more was in mist? I would sit and wait, but to cut waiting short I would have to do something like examing storefront to short it for at least half minute.
Robin

I'm going to go with

I'm going to go with examining the store front. If I recognize it, I'll know where I am.

This Could Be Fun

terrynaut's picture

I vote for heading out into the haze. I'm the impulsive type.

- Terry

examine the store front

just a feeling, I guess.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

I choose...

A! Check out that storefront!

Wren

I would want to get warm and ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... dry off a little, so I'd examine the storefront ... BUT, I would not find a SRU type magic store. Perhaps it would be a consignment shop. There'd be a small amount of mens' clothes, but none my size. However from the much larger selection of women's clothes there'd surely be many things the bored salesgirls could find that would fit me, the only customer - of course, they'd be only the most fluffy ruffle feminine things. One pulls down the front window shades while the other hangs a "closed" sign in the door. :-)

BE a lady!

So far...

It appears to be a toss-up between heading into the haze (8½ votes so far) and examining the store front (9½ votes so far).

Strangely enough, nobody (apart from Bev C) seems to be interested in just slumping down and waiting for the haze to disperse...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Haze

Well, these evil mind-eating fog-beasts from Xxyzzygyx never do disperse, do they? So many Y-chromosomes to devour, so little time.

Personally

My comment comes later than yours, and I gave my reasoning to not looking at the storefront. And sitting waiting for dissipating haze would not likely go with 'let's get it over with already' attitude one might adopt after such a downpour.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Consider the following

The rain was there for ten minutes till it was replaced by a haze. I consider it time enough to sate any misplaced curiosity for examining the store front option, and hence, my reaction would have been:

"You already did it dummy!"

Hence, the option I choose is:

---Head out into the haze

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Examine the store front!

WebDeb's picture

I am soaked to the skin after all, and look at that lovely dress in the shop window.
What better excuse?
I do love to window shop under the awnings on a rainy day.

Head out into the haze

Nothing happens if one just sits there. Time for adventure. Easy to say as I sit here taking a break from work. Hugs, Wendy Marie

Wendy Marie

And the voting's closed!

It was a tie! "Storefront" vs. "Haze" both had ten votes each if I counted Angie's vote as "Store." So, I ended up using hers as a tiebreaker since she also said "haze" afterward. So, "Haze" wins by ONE VOTE (as of 12:10pm).

However, if anyone is interested, PM me and I might give someone the choice I had worked out for the "storefront" to use themselves! After all, every "choose your own adventure" book has multiple paths -- why not have them all here?

Melanie E.