Oh Where Oh Where Could My Baby Be

Printer-friendly version
Oh Where Oh Where Could My Baby Be
The Cost

By Stanman63

Edited By JennaFl and Nora Adrienne


Synopsis: When a young man falls in love with a Trans-Girl, A Transphobic pastor begins a hate campaign that ends in tragedy and triumph as death leads to a new life.

My name is Lars Micheal Anderson and am about to graduate from Sanford University with a PhD. in Psychology. I will be working with the Transgendered Community to honor my dead girlfriend Katrina Leona Stewart who's Love for me led to my redemption and return to God.

[-][+][-]

I met Katrina after she had transitioned. She was an only child whose parents had passed away, leaving her to live with Pastor Franklin Rhodes, her uncle. He used to pastor the Gate City Baptist Church until he reached retirement age, leaving him longing to continue in his calling.

When he found that Katrina needed fostering, he gladly accepted, not knowing her transgendered status. Back then, she was Karl Leonard Stewart and had yet to begin transition.

When Katrina met her uncle, she knew that he was like he was like her parents who when they discovered her, tried their best to cure her, being devout Baptist, only to make her all the more resilient against brainwashing. In the end, she won, but at great cost.

She endured having to act like a boy and hide her true self except in the school's play, band and choir where she could at last be herself and was blessed with a small, hairless body thanks to her Native American and Irish heritage that gave her flaming red hair and a natural tan tat kept her from sunburning.

For years, she continued to be the dutiful nephew until she graduated and went on a mission trip to Hong Kong where she had her surgery done. She had arranged everything via the internet and had the cover story of her being confused for another patient to quell any objections to her new gender.

When news of her new self reached home, her uncle went ballistic and even though he believed that it was accidental, refused to let an abomination into his house.

[-][+][-]

That's when she moved into the apartment across from me. I was in my third year of becoming a pediatrician at Midtown University and was looking for some simple fun after finals when she moved into the apartment nest to mine.

I was living in a one bedroom duplex on Students Road where those of us who eschewed fraternities and sororities stayed if you had the money.

Katrina chose to continue her study of the Bible and become a Minister. She had heard that there were many non-denominational Churches willing to call women pastors as well as those who had a sex-change. I for one was happy that she was my neighbor because of the atmosphere at the university.

[-][+][-]

Otherwise, you went to the Midtown University Student Housing Complex of apartments built to house the Japanese immigrant farmers back before World War 2.

After the war, the buildings were repaired and sold as cheap, reliable housing to the university, But with the rise in popularity in frats and sisterhoods, the complex was not maintained and was subleased out to anybody willing to pay rent which brought in drugs and prostitution until the complex was bought by the Church and cleaned up.

After that, the Midtown University Student Housing Complex became a haven for both poor students and unwed mothers who needed a place to stay until they could get back on their feet.

[-][+][-]

When I first met her, she was wearing a green tunic and brown leggings with moccasins, making her look like Peter Pan. I went over to where she was busy unloading her Jeep.

"Well, you like what you see?" she asked as she finished unloading it.

"Sorry, but that Jeep just doesn't fit you," I smiled as I lifter her bags.

"Oh? And what should I be driving? And why are you accosting my luggage?"

"My name is Lars. I live in the apartment next to yours is why I am helping, and you seem to be more the V.W. Beetle type."

"Katrina here and this car were given to me, thank you very much," she huffed.

"I apologize."

"That's alright. I'd rather have an AMC Gremlin, though."

"Why?"

"It's what Momma drove until it she died with Daddy," she sighed.

"Oh? Who modified it?" I asked as I carried her stuff to her front porch.

"It was done for my Uncle Franklin Rhodes, Pastor Emeritus of the Gate City Baptist Church. They gave it to him when he retired and he gave it to me when he told me to move out," she sighed as she unlocked the door. For some reason, I feel safe with him. It's as if I am meting my Prince Charming.

"Why did he do that?"

"I went on a Mission Trip where I was operated on and became who you see," she smiled as she led me into the living room. Why am I so trusting in him?

"I take it that you wanted the operation from your smile." She is ALL WOMAN to me.

"I did. I was able to arrange things so that it looked like an accident so that I wouldn't be ostracized. But he sees me as an abomination, even though he still believes that it was accidental."

I looked at her in wonder and amazement. Here was a woman who'd overcome all obstacles to become the women that she was. How could I not love her? "Katrina, I think that I am falling in Love with you."

"And I, you. But can you really Love a woman who was born a male?"

"Yes, but can you LOVE a man who has turned away from God?"

"Tell me why, please."

"I was heading HOME for Christmas with my parents only to find that their new neighbors had taken advantage of their trusting nature to rob and kill them," I said in a faraway voice as I relived the nightmare.

She hugged me as tears fell from her eyes, No wonder you hate God! But please listen to me and let go of your anger!"

"I'm not mad at God; I just can't WORSHIP Him as I should."

"And you refuse to lie to yourself or Him," she replied with the understanding that came from experience.

Suddenly, my HEART let go of the resentment as her LOVE flowed like a gentle, rain that restored the barren field of my SOUL with the fresh green of new HOPE.

She held me as I cried my bitter tears that became tears of JOY as I heard the Lord say to me, "WELCOME HOME, MY SON."

[-][+][-]

After that, we became inseparable as we lived our lives. We never had sex because we both wanted to save ourselves for our marriage after I earned my degree. Because of my finances, I have no debt and would be able to set up my practice in my parent’s home.

After their deaths, I was able to keep the house since it was fully paid for. Using my parents quite substantial resources, I had the house modernized with new windows and doors and drapes and blinds that kept the weather out as well as redoing the plumbing and wiring.

Now, the house is super comfy with all of the modern conveniences, including those for the physically challenged. Best of all, with the new security systems, anybody in the house would be safe from harm.

As the time for our wedding drew near, Katrina's uncle returned. When he learned that Katrina was about to wed me, he blew his stack and nearly killed her in his rage. Only the fact that he missed with his shots saved her.

[-][+][-]

He was in prison for attempted murder when he got his wish and she died. We'd chosen to go out to dinner on a rainy night when we came upon a stalled car in the middle of the road. I tried to stop, but the rain slick tarmac wouldn't let me.

I held her as she died that night and wanted to die with her, but as I sat in the Chapel, God came to me in a dream.

My child, you are grieving for your TRUE LOVE. Be at PEACE.

"HOW? SHE IS DEAD!"

My child, she is no longer dead. She now lives and is a complete woman.

"YOU MEAN?"

My child, bee fruitful and multiply.

We were wed soon after and we did as the LORD commanded. We are now the proud parents of twins.

[-][+][-]

Oh where oh were could my baby be
The lord took her away from me
She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good
So I can see my baby when I'll leave this world

We were out on a date in my daddy's car
We hadn't driven very far
There in the road
Straight ahead
A car was stalled the engine was dead
I couldn't stop
So I swerved to the right
I'll never forget the sound that night
The screaming tires
The busting glass
The Painful scream that I heard last.

Oh where oh were could my baby be
The lord took her away from me
She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good
So I can see my baby when I'll leave this world

When I woke up
The rain was pouring down
There were people standing all around
Something warm falling into my eyes
But some how I found my baby that night
I lifted her head
she looked at me and said
Hold me darling just a little while
I held her close
I kissed her our last kiss
I found the love I knew I had missed
but now she's gone
even though I hold her tight
I lost my love, my life that night

Oh where oh were could my baby be
The lord took her away from me
She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good
So I can see my baby when I leave this world

ooooooooooooooooo
oooooo oooooooooo
ooooooooooooo

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOO OOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOO

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Finally

Finally someone has put a story to the song that has been rattling around in my head the last fwe days driving me crazy. The other one was the one that starts out with
"I can see clearly now the rain has gone."

Is that "Bright sun shiny day" ?

I think my muse has returned from walkabout.

Bill