The School of Change Part 01 - Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Michael was never happy with his lot in life, even though he got to attend the same school with his best friend since childhood Sara Alexis Mangia. He always felt that he should have been born a girl and it kept him constantly depressed, he hid it very well. However, he was extremely jealous and bitter over the fact that the girls got to wear gold bracelets, have long hair and wear pretty clothes and flirt, while he was forced to wear silver ones like the rest of the boys.

Sara could tell something was bothering him because she knew him so well and as the weeks leading up to the homecoming dance wound down, she invited him over to her house to talk. “I will get him to tell me what is wrong,” she told herself.

I was very nervous as I waited outside her door, then I worked up the courage and knocked. She answered it almost instantly and I was surprised by the serious expression on her face. She grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs to her room, she pushed me onto her bed then turned and locked her door.

Her room had a four poster bed with a pink canopy, a large make-up table, a walk-in closet with a set of full length mirrors, a computer, and a bunch of stuffed animals on her bed, the room obviously belonged to a girl and he had always been jealous of it.

She turned back to him, “now you will tell me what it is that is bothering you,” she said. Looking at her, my eyes filled with tears and I said, “I’ve always felt I should have been born a girl,” then I broke down. Stunned she stared at him and then she felt a wave of pity for him, ‘no wonder he has been so depressed,’ she thought. Then she rushed to my side and held me as I wept.

After I calmed down, she asked me if I wanted to see what I looked like. I said “yes” and hugged her tight. “Calm down,” she said, when I finally got my emotions under my control, I noticed her going through her closet and placing clothes on her bed.

Here try these on, she turned her back and I slipped on the panties and jeans she tossed at me. She helped me with the bra and then the blouse, and then she sat me down at her makeup table and helped me to brush my shoulder length hair into a ponytail.

She applied some lip gloss, some eye shadow, a pair of clip on earrings, then finally spritzing me with her perfume. She told me I could look and I was blown away. I was gorgeous, it was like a dream come true, sensing my emotional state, she told me not to cry or I would ruin my makeup.

I hugged her and cried anyway, sighing she held me until I got all of my tears out. Then she redid my makeup and said lets go out. I was scared, sensing this she said not to worry anyone would notice. Knowing she would never lie to me about something like this I trusted her.

She handed me a pair of high-heeled sandals that fit my feet surprisingly well and after handing me purse that matched my outfit, she took her keys and pulled me along to her car. I was nervous and excited looking forward to what I would experience today.

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The School of Change Part 01 - Prologue

Short, sweet, to the point. Waiting for more.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I had to get that out there

I had to get that out there so I could focus on my homework :), I have an outline for the rest already done.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Nice Start

Jaden,

This is well written for a short intro. One thing that will help is not changing from 1st to 3rd perspective along with past and present tense in your writing. Yes this is hard to do and is way to easy to fall into. You have a decent start on your character development, the pace is fairly decent and does not seemed rushed.

I eagerly await your next chapter.

Jayme Ann
The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

Good story

Good start so what happen to part two? January 30 of 2011 this was posted is there any hope? Please say yes...

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg