Without a Trace - Part 12

Printer-friendly version

Robert realised some thing was different and his mental conditioning took over and his screaming started to ease. He looked and saw above him instead of the ceiling of the place where he had been, he saw open sky. He looked at the two women and he saw they were dressed in street clothes not in nurses uniforms and he finally worked out he was away from those women that had been robbing him of his will and body. His work with martial arts brought him back to himself with a perceptible
shift.
“wh....wher.....where am I?” he managed to stumble out.

Now the story continues...

The two detectives upon hearing their package delivery speaking what was obviously an adult tone decided to try and help him out of the restrictive garments he was dressed in. The fastenings although appearing to of a standard nature Proved to be particularly difficult to release. With a soft growl Jan removed from her purse an item that I can assure you most women do not carry in their purse and it resembled a pair of pliers and was Army knife combined. Using the knife blade she located a seam and release a quick clinical movement separated the two sides of the fabric. Joanie Watched her partner and then with a slightly surprised look on her face helped the young man out of his bindings.
Under the bunting the only thing the man was dressed in was a clean adult disposable diaper and the two detectives took him back into the HQ. Fitting him out with a set of exercise sweats they settled into the interview room and got themselves comfortable. Robert looked at the two women and noticed their badges and as they sat in silence a young girl peered around the door. He saw that she was dressed in a rather preppy school uniform and a smile on her face.
“Sis mom needs to see you in the office once you have finished here” Kylie told her older sister.
“ okay Kylie, now Sir we do not know your name but I am detective Roberts" Joanie introduced herself.

Robert looked at the two police officers and frown crossing his face, he took a deep breath through his nose and noticed that the smells that had assailed him for over three weeks were missing. He also strained his hearing and all it could hear was the usual bustle of the Metropolitan police headquarters. As they sat in silence for a few minutes a male police officer entered the interview room and laid a dossier of papers on the desk in front of the two detectives. Jan opened the manila folder and was looking at the information in the face of a man sat across from.
"Well Joanie, it seems we have a little bit of a pickle." Jan said with soft voice. She pushed the folder over to her partner and left her finger marking the name and nodded. Joanie raised her eyebrows at the information held on the sheet of paper in front of her, without saying a word she turned the folder around and placed it in front of Robert.

At the observation window Kylie and her mum were watching the interchange in the interview room. Mrs Roberts looked at her new daughter and then at the window leading through into the interview room and saw and heard the interchange although one-sided. When Joanie turned to the folder around and Showed the person they were interviewing she pursed her lips wondering exactly what was held in a folder. Kylie also watched wondered just who this person was and why it seemed the information on that piece of paper halted the interview mid flow. Without another thought and holding her teddy bear by a paw and ignoring the red light above the interview room door entered the room. She walked behind the man sat facing her sister and with a slightly cheeky grin looked over his shoulder.
"Oh my God!" Kylie couldn't help herself as she saw just exactly what was listed.

Kylie read the information, and head jaw dropped. Sat facing her sister was someone that even she would respect. Robert Grantham also known as agent Grantham was from the Central intelligence agency, he was a specialist in locating targets who had gone missing. Although he was 24 he had done for years with the Navy Seals and was recruited from them for the CIA. So far on the file he had been responsible in the year that he had worked for the agency in bringing three kidnapping rings to justice. His looks made it possible for people to under estimate him and his capabilities, he held a second dan black belt. He had also trained and maintained a level of fitness that would have shamed at the Olympic athlete.

Robert looked up at the exclamation turning his head and he saw the schoolgirl that had delivered the message at the start of the interview. He examined her face and there was a maturity about her eyes that took him back. Being slightly old-fashioned he stood and offered his hand and introduction.
"Miss, I am Robert Grantham as you have just read I am in law enforcement." He introduced himself.
"Agent Grantham, I am detective Kylie Roberts, Joanie is my sister and that his her partner Jan." Kylie replied.

Robert sat back down and relaxed, he looked at the three women and with a slightly sardonic smile motioned for them to sit. Kylie peaked her head back into the main office where her mother was still stood and with a smile reached to the desk just by the door and picked up a folder. She then re-entered the interview room and sat down placing this thick folder in front of Robert. Robert without waiting to be invited to started reading through the information. As he read through all the data that was held in this folder he started to grind his teeth, half way through he stood up and walked to a blank wall. Without any word of warning he went on to the balls of his feet and launched a kick at the breeze block wall of the interview room.

After doing that he sat back down and his face was calmer, he seemed more in control of himself after that brief outburst. This person was completely different from who had just been picked up from outside headquarters and the two detectives who had brought him in watched closely. Robert settled back down and continued to read, without saying a word Kylie placed a pen and pad of paper next to Robert's right-hand. Robert started to trace out copious amounts of nights going back over information that he was unsure of. After 10 minutes of this he stood and stretched and seemed to come back into the room from form of trance.
"Well ladies it seems that we do have a very large problem on our hands, the question is are you ready to deal with it" Robert looked at all three in turn.
"Agent Grantham I can assure you we are well prepared to deal with this threat" Joanie replied a hint of steel in her voice.
"Detective Roberts there were sure you feel that you are well prepared, but I have actually in at the hands of these shall we say scientists."
"I wouldn't go as far as to call them scientists more like a pervert's" Jan growled and closed both files with a thump.

Robert then started to explain exactly what had happened to him, he lightly touched on some conditioning techniques they used and also described what he remembered. The three listened as he continued, Kylie taking a deep interest in what was said. When he started to elaborate further on the conditioning tools used by those of the Hall Mrs Roberts looked at him closely and remained silent. After he finished Kylie went on to explain that she was to be the bait to try and trap those responsible for the disappearance of young people in the city. Robert looked at this slip of a girl and wondered if she was up to the task in hand, she looked soft as if the only thing she ever had to worry about was hang nail.

Kylie could tell that this agent was concerned that she was putting himself in harm's way and also would not survive any encounter. She placed the teddy bear on the table in the interview room, took off the school blazer she was wearing and without a word started doing push-ups in front of table. Robert watched this happen and wondered what the hell she was up to, Kylie was counting out after three minutes she reached a count of 120 push-ups and was not even out of breath. She then stood up and really and adjusted her hair and rolled up the sleeves of the blouse.
"Well Mister agent you can see the tiny and what you might call a physical jerk, there are a few other things you need to know" Kylie said with a smile.
"Well miss schoolgirl," Robert almost purred, "you may be able to do a humongous amount of push-ups but when it comes down to getting down and fighting dirty, can you do that?"

Kylie felt that this particular agent was challenging and she wasn't one to back down from challenge. Going to a clear space in the interview room and standing in a relaxed stance on the soft play mat that was there, she took up the ready stance her hands relaxed in front of her ready to defend. Robert seven going to take a ready stance facing her, and without warning launched a blow towards her head. Kylie deflected it easily all the while smiling as she did so, she then returned to the ready stance and waited. Robert was slightly impressed, he had not telegraphed the move will given her any indication on the direction the blow was to come from.

After a few seconds rest Robert started to launch into a complex set of blows, each time he went to punch or kick he was blocked. He decided to step up the pace a slight amount and increased pace of his blows and kicks. Each time he did say he was blocked, this girl wasn't even breathing heavily so again increased pace. Kylie matched him move for move, and as he started to react to the exertion she started to launch her attacks. She was then the one in control, and she increases pace her hands and feet were moving so quickly and so precisely that Robert was finding it hard to block attacks.

They continued this way for a further 10 minutes, Kylie only stopped when she could see that her opponent was getting increasingly tired. She ceased her attacks, and was breathing heavily and she bowed deeply. Robert returned the gesture and concentrated on getting his breathing under control. They then returned to the office and sitting around the conference table started to plan their attack and roles. Robert was shown the tracker that Kylie now wore under the range of monitoring equipment that were available to the team. He agreed that Kylie needed somehow to either be inserted into the group of the Hall or to be made a visible target.

The story continues in chapter 13.......

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

without a trace part 12

OK, with two ninjas to deal with, the Hall will go down, HARD.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

continuan

so glad to see more of this story. read all chapters today. looking foward to more. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

watch this s[ace part 13

watch this s[ace part 13 already in the workds but remember the war isnt over yet :)

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

Well Allie E

I'm still here, fascinated by your story. It's good and different.

But! And I trust my comments are helpful?

The editing is terrible, spoiling the reading of your story.

Also calling the CIA guy Robert, and Mums name is Roberts, confuses the story also?

This Karate/Ninja stuff is very handy in close combat when the other guy doesn’t have a gun. A gun is faster, cheaper and deadly!

Having to prove herself to Robert with push ups and a karate demonstration is not the way to impress anybody. Remember Harrison Ford facing the Sabre expert, bang! you’re dead!

I think martial arts are better left for visual effects in movies, to be honest with you - but then again your story packs a punch!!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

lol always looks better in

lol always looks better in word then unds up like this on the web oh well, as for the name there is a reason apart from lazyness but keep them peeled.
As for guns there hasnt been any used apart from by the police in this so keep watching only 7 more chapters to go

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

I have just re read your story.

And my badly worded comments!

I didn't mean to be as critical, sorry if it came out that way.

I do like your story and am enjoying it.

Lots of Love
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Ninja Kylie...

WebDeb's picture

...doing her martial arts demo in her school uniform brings to mind the Japanese school girl in Kill Bill vol 1.

No mercy for her foes when she finds herself in the infamous "Hall!"

Eager to see how this plot unfolds.

A curious WebDeb.