Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 15

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 15

"You and Lisa set out together..."

----------

There is really no question in your mind, and you readily agree to her joining you. After all, she is far more likely to know where to go than you are anyhow.

"Right, then. We have horses waiting for us, come on!"

You follow her down to the stables, where there are two fully loaded riding horses already prepared. It has been years since you last rode a horse, and never as a girl to be sure, but you do your best to keep that from being too obvious as you awkwardly mount your ride and adjust your robe about you.

"So, where to?" You ask, leaving the directions up to your new partner in adventure.

"The other knights told me that there had been reports of the mage's forces raiding villages out past the Swamp of Icky But Actually Quite Harmless Things, so I thought we should check that out. On the other hand, the king and queen have asked me to seek help from the gnome tribes -- that's in a different direction."

"And you need to practice your chosen profession," the good wizard Fortran says, stepping out from around the stable doors. "The best place to do that is to the north, in the Dark Keep."

"Whatever you decide is best," Lisa says, with a smile.

What do you do?

---South, to the villages on the other side of the swamps
---West, to the gnome tribes
---North, to the Dark Keep

----------
Voting begins... NOW!

NOTES: Sorry this one is up so late! I know, I know, I suck... anyhow, I'll leave this one up until 6pm CST before closing voting to make up for it, so you've got time!

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

North to the Dark Keep. You

North to the Dark Keep. You can practice spelling on the way. Or spells, or whatever. You need to become an adept user of the staff and the book.
CaroL

CaroL

My first idea

Was to go North, to the Dark Keep. However, we also need to take into account the enemy is raiding the villages, so at the very least we need someone to cover that direction. Why not ask some allies?

So, I go west, to the gnomes.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

North to the Dark Keep

terrynaut's picture

Where else?

And a wizard named Fortran? Cute. I've programmed in Fortran. :p

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

South!

No particular reason, it just sounds good (and warm)! Brrrrrr!

Wren

What to Do?

If the king and queen direct Lisa to head west and negotiate with the gnomes, for her to go anywhere else sounds hazardous to her health -- and to ours, if she's doing so on our account. Sure, we're the Chosen One, so we're unlikely to be tortured or executed as a consequence, but why annoy the rulers before we even get started?

That doesn't mean we have to go along with her. I'd rather hang around and ask Fortran for training, but that wasn't one of your options. If he'd be willing to replace Lisa and head to the Keep, I'd definitely do that. If not, I guess we're joining Lisa in heading toward the gnomes.

Eric

Data Data

RAMI

The King and Queen only asked, so it is not an Order.

There are only reports, not confirmation of the Mage's forces attacking, so there is no compelling reason to go there.

So go find something to keep you busy up north. But better beware this wizard may be behind the times, He must really old if he's named Fortran.

RAMI

RAMI

Keep this story moving

On to the Dark Keep. Got to parctice those moves. Hugs,Wendy Marie

Wendy Marie