Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 17

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 17

"You study the book of magic..."

----------

At first reading while riding a horse is quite difficult, the bouncing and jarring making the text dance before your eyes. Luckily, one of the earliest spells in the book allows you to set the tome afloat before you, greatly reducing the strain.

"You seem to be picking up the magic arts quite quickly," a smiling Lisa says from her horse beside you. "You have a natural talent."

"Well, it's not like where I come from I'd have much chance to find out."

"Why not?"

"We don't have magic where I come from."

Lisa laughs, a ringing sound. "Of course you do! How do you think you managed to come here?"

You ponder this as the Dark Keep rises into view, a cancerous mass growing upon the perfect rolling hills of...

"Where are we?"

Lisa sweeps her arms around her. "A belated welcome to the land... of Highwind."

A cavern lies between you and the Keep, a place you are no longer so sure you wish to access.

What do you do?

---Take the decrepit bridge.
---Travel down, into the cavern, and hope to climb out the other side.
---Use your magic to find a way.

----------
Voting begins... NOW!

NOTES: Okay, as ya'll can probably tell, I'm more concerned with making this a fun, interactive adventure than an absolutely true to form Choose Your Own Adventure. I hope that's okay with everyone?

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Go down, into the tunnel

Any6thing else is a waste of your time (Well, maybe not the bridge-wait, what bridge?) so get your guts together and go!

Wren

Three Questions

Don't you have to answer three questions before you can cross the bridge?

Michelle B

yes

---Use your magic to find a way.

Use your magic and see if

Use your magic and see if there is a better way. Maybe the staff can help if you ask it nicely.

Did you perhaps intend to say crevasse (a deep fissure in the earth or ice) rather than cavern (a large cave which may or maynot have another exit)?

CaroL

CaroL

Yes.

Please, all future readers read "cavern" as "canyon." Thank you.

Melanie E.

Magic

terrynaut's picture

I vote for using magic to find your way.

I like the nature of this adventure. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

use magic

why not?

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Option 3

Use the magic. Why not, you are mage in need of practice.

Robin

Use magic

It's the schmot way! ;)

In particular, why not try and dispell illusions possibly belying the state of things. Oh, and don't worry too much - you have a knight in shining armor by your side! ;p

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Magic!

Magic tome, in my hand,
Find the safest way through this land!

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!