Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 21

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 21

"You tell the creatures of your goal to defeat the evil mage..."

----------

"Who I am doesn't matter. I'm here so that I can defeat the evil mage and go home."

"Go home? Ah, so you are a traveler of the planes then," the gargoyle says, looking at your belt with a stony expression. "And a changeling to boot."

The manticore glances at him askance. "Don't be so igneous, of course she's a changeling. She would have to be if she is the one chosen to defeat him."

The gargoyle nods. "But of course. You may pass, and enter the keep." The two creatures step to each side, allowing you free access to the iron doors behind them.

"But be warned," the manticore says, nudging you as you pass. "The keep is a dangeous place. Training here is no small matter."

You nod, and enter the doors.

Once inside, your eyes quickly adjust to the muted glow of the magical torches around you. The bluish light reveals three exits: a stairwell leading down, into what you assume is either a dungeon or a cellar; a stairwell up, leading to the second floor of the keep; and a brass door leading into a room with a label near the door reading "stores."

What do you do?

---Go upstairs.
---Go downstairs.
---Check out the store room.

----------
Voting begins... NOW!

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Plan ahead: visit the store room

Dungeons are usually damp, dark and smelly; besides only having one entrance / exit. Not a good idea.
The Keep (your eventual destination) is apparently a dangerous place to be.

So logic would dictate that before ascending the stairs, you have a look in the store room to see if there's anything that might come in useful in the training / battles ahead. Besides which, it's wise to remember the seven Ps: Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

yes

---Check out the store room.

Just like any good Dungeon

Just like any good Dungeon delver, you check out the store room. Every litter bit may be a help in your task or future tasks. Speaking of litters, what would you call a litter of manticores? Or do they even reproduce? Maybe they split like aomebas and copy themselves endlessly. Or not.

CaroL

CaroL

Check the storeroom

Also, try to figure out if anything was taken out of there and not replaced, or something that is there and isn't supposed to... :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Go Upstairs

Downstairs? No, most people don't live in the basement. Stores? No, ya don't want to be snooping into someone's storage closet-not a good way to make a first impression. Going upstairs makes the most sense.

Wren

Stores!

terrynaut's picture

There's nothing like snooping around a new place and finding stuff that might aid you on your quest. Brings back some fond memories.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

"Don't be so igneous..."

Boooo!

Anyway, Wren convinced me. Go upstairs and ask for permission to look in the storeroom. The other way may set off burglar alarms or worse. (If, for example, it immobilizes you with a magic spell, you won't be able to open the book to find a countermove.)

Eric

Raid...

the store room, then go upstairs (that of course depends on question if that evil mage know flying or levitation and don´t have arthritis)

Rumor, At Least...

...has it that the evil mage is at the other end of the country. This place was recommended by Fortran, the Crown's wizard, so its current occupant should be no worse than neutral -- unless you do something stupid like stealing from him or her.

Eric