Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1271.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1271
by Angharad

Copyright © 2011 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

The party continued, and after a few bits and pieces from the buffet, the dancing started. Of course Stella and Gareth had to start it and they made a lovely couple gliding round the room. Gareth is quite a good dancer and Stella was no slouch either. Eventually, I let Simon talk me into it and under guidance, we sort of waltzed round without disembowelling any other dancers or me crushing too many of his toes. I was relieved when he let me off to give Julie a turn. I hadn’t even got a chance to sit down when Tom dragged me back onto the dance floor.

Tom’s generation can really dance and he twirled me round the place in a quickstep and slower waltz, I almost felt I knew what I was doing. Henry was dancing with Trish and Livvie and Gareth was giving Julie a twirl. I sat and got my breath back, then Henry insisted I dance with him, and not unexpectedly, he’s a slick mover. We did a couple of turns, and he explained that Monica was looking at a property in Portugal.

“You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress,” he told me escorting me back to the table we had nabbed. On the way back we watched Billie strutting her stuff with Leon to some rock music, least I suppose that’s how Status Quo would describe themselves.

I had a drink of mineral water and a tuna roll before Trish and Mima dragged me back on the dance floor. I wasn’t quite kicking and screaming, but my legs were feeling the exercise I’d had earlier–stupid bikes.

I tried to go back for a sit down, when Livvie joined the gang and I had to dance with her as well. On the way back, Danny grabbed my arm and the look in his eyes meant I couldn’t say no. Another two dances, and my left calf was beginning to want some rest.

He took Billie for a turn and they were really having a go at jiving after watching Stella and Gareth do it. I got Simon to massage my calf as the cramp was returning and I also drank a glass of tonic water to get some quinine into my system.

At ten o’clock, I told the younger children they could have fifteen more minutes and then it was bedtime. They grumbled but I held firm. They got me on the dance floor again and for fifteen minutes I shook it all about with the best of them, giving the younger girls the chance to pretend jive, where they twirl under the arm of their male partner–Billie showed them what to do and they quickly caught on, I just raised my arm, let them dance underneath and kept them upright while they spun and giggled.

It was good fun and I sent them all to thank Stella for inviting them. They all gave her a hug and a kiss and they then did the same to half the people in the room which meant it was nearly half past ten before I managed to steer them away from the party.

The hotel has a baby-sitting service, so Jenny had had quite an easy evening. She did check on baby C and Puddin’ every hour, but the hotel staff are very good. The girls were like a bottle of pop and took quite a while to calm down enough to sleep. They all wanted to take dance lessons and even Danny thought that might be a good idea. If they did, I’d have to do so as well, although I don’t dance very often, but it would be a useful skill. I have done the odd lesson but I can’t say I learned very much. I suppose it depends upon the motivation for leaning and the skill of the teacher. It was something to think about.

I got back down to the party at eleven and on walking back to our table saw Jenny having a good time with some bloke who turned out to be a friend of Gareth’s. The way they were dancing together, neither of them were going to get much sleep.

I finished my drink of tonic water and Simon insisted I dance again–so I did. By now the music was slowing down and he held me very close to him and kissed me on the neck. “You look so sexy in that dress, I’m having difficulty controlling my urges.”

“If you like it that much we could always get one in your size,” I teased before rubbing myself against him.

“Very funny.” He kissed me on the neck again. “You are one sexy woman, Lady Cameron.”

“Why thank you, kind sir. I’ll tell my husband, he tends to neglect me–you know, old married couples and all that.”

“Maybe I could help supplement that, you know, if he’s not seeing to your needs.” Simon whispered.

“I’ll give you the key to my suite, be very quiet when you come in, I have ninety three children camped about the place.”

“Yes, I saw them earlier, you’ve managed to keep your figure despite so many children.”

“Yes, I developed a good way of doing that.”

“Oh yes, if you told me, I could perhaps pass it on to my wife.”

“I let some other woman have ‘em, then borrow them on long term lease.”

“Sounds very clever, and you get to see what they look like first.”

“Absolutely.” I agreed, “So when d’you wanna go and make babies?”

“I’m so glad you asked me that, you see, my wife doesn’t understand me.”

“Heartless bitch,” I replied, rubbing against him again, “Come with me, I’ll show you a good time.”

“What about your husband?”

“He’s a banker, so he’ll be counting his money.”

“You did say, banker?”

“Yeah, unless he’s an undercover secret agent or something–more like an undercover insurance agent.”

“Never mind, dear lady, after I’ve done with you, he’ll be a distant memory.”

“Who will?”

“Your husband,” said Simon.

“Oh him, yeah wossisname.”

“You appear to have short term memory loss,” he teased.

“Yeah, but that can work to his advantage–I can never remember if we did it or not.”

“That memorable was it?” he sounded a bit hurt and I wondered if I’d over done the pretence.

“What?” I asked feigning total amnesia.

We eventually went off to bed after thanking Stella and Gareth for a lovely night. Julie and Leon, both slightly inebriated, were still hanging on to each other and walking round in circles on the dance floor–staggering might have been more apt.

I did suggest they called it a night and before I could say anything they dashed off towards the lift. Julie was staying in single room next to our suite. Simon didn’t want to intervene–“It’s not as if she could get pregnant, is it?”

“No, but she’s only just seventeen.”

“Yeah, well what d’you expect. C’mon, time’s a-wastin’ and I need a pee.”

“Oh, so that’s what that is, I thought you were excited by me?” I pouted.

“Just give me the friggin’ key before I wet myself,” he said squirming.

I poked about in my handbag, a tiny little thing barely big enough for more than a lipstick. “Oh dear, I can’t seem to find it.”

“Hurry up will you?” he was now dancing his own variation of a highland fling.

Finally, I swiped the card across the lock and he flew through the door nearly falling over a suitcase as he went. I giggled as I closed and locked the door, so he was susceptible to my playing the femme fatal was he? I sexily strutted my way to the bedroom as he came out of the loo.

“Jesus, Cathy, you look sooooooo,” his voice squeaked a little as I scraped my long nails across the front of his trousers–then we shut the bedroom door.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Am I imagining things...

...or have they managed to have a party at the hotel without anything untoward happening? I may be tempting fate, but it looks as though they may have finally beaten the Southsea Curse.

Then there's Cathy and Si's conversation - absolutely bonkers!

However, there may be tension tomorrow (storyline time) when Cathy and Danny attend Mr. Whitehead's funeral, as there's a possibility that his former boss may turn up...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Me thinks....

Me thinks the authors had fun with this one...

Cathy couldn't be THAT bad a dancer, if Tom & Henry could take her around... She recognized their leads and was able to follow through. That said... These days, far to many ladies end up having to "lead" their gents if they want to do more than snuggle while vertical...

Cathy and Simon's repartee reminded me of a song by Paul Noel Stokey, about a Virtual Party.

Thanks,
Anne

Wot, No Gunmen?

For once, things worked out for the two. For a while there, I was wondering if Cathy was Angelina Jollie's sister or something? I'd very much like to see her getting her blessing in that totally romantic Castle though.

Very nice

Khadijah

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1271

Who knows, maybe two gunmen got lucky and jenny and Cathy are pregnant, along with Stella. I julie is, that'd be a bit much.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Enjoyable

It sounds as if the party-goers had an enjoyable time, and this was certainly an enjoyable Bikesode. I really like reading Simon and Cathy's witticisms and ripostes.

Thanks A+B: I have this sense of the calm before the storm. I wonder if we're going to get Cathy v. Aubrey at the funeral.

Persiflage Supreme


Bike Resources

So sweet and cute that Cathy

So sweet and cute that Cathy and Simon really had a truly loving moment of just fun banter between the two of them. They really are made for each other, and it just takes times like this one for them to realize it. Hopefully, this will assist Cathy in getting past what ever issues arise at the funeral the next day, with Simon and children at her side.

it would suprize me very much if

the headmaster didnt show up at the funeral. That would have been a long term relationship Long b4 Cathy & long after. And that many years I just cant imagine he wouldnt.

And a fun night

was had by all!

Dancing and booze, great combination

You don't wonder what Leon and Julia are up to ? What an answer, 'she can't get pregnant can she.'
Nice to see Simon paid attention to.

Cefin