The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 2 Summer Vacation Ch. 34

Printer-friendly version

The Summer Vacation
Chapter 34

Written by rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman


horses-in-field01.jpg
Canadian-forest.jpg
Aurora-Canadian.jpg


We look down and see our landing area in front of Lord Eralian’s Castle. We see people have gathered around cheering us when we appear. We are greeted by Lord Eralian and his wife and a group of dignitaries around them. King Tierion and Lord Eralian do the exchange of familiar words in greeting each other as I heard with Lord Granthnel.

The castle here is higher than the town below us. It takes less than a quarter-mark to reach the town by horse back and cart. If you decide to walk to the castle, it is a quarter-mark walk. They do have a training field nearby. It is located on another hill rise next to the castle. That is where the dorms, barracks, forge, storage buildings and dining halls are located for the knights and dwarf warriors.

There is a major waterfall to the northwest of the castle. The source of this water is from the main mountain range. The river from it has carved out a deep valley to the north side of the town and it is flowing to the east. There is a well-made stone bridge spanning the fifty-foot deep gorge there. There are several cave entrances in the nearest mountain spur from the main range. One of the caves leads to the dwarf Under Kingdom of King Thranton’s network of tunnels. There are several dwarf enclaves near there. In the main mountain range are some caves that some dragons have their nests. This is the central and northern clan region for them. They overlook the skies to the northern part of the kingdom as well. Several leagues to the North, the chain of fire mountains begins toward the coastline and several island volcanoes in the cold waters to the North.

In the town below the castle, it has a strong population of five thousand. There are two other major towns in the fiefdom. There are about two dozen villages scattered throughout the fiefdom. In the town below the castle are three inns. One of them is operated by the dwarves’ community.

After their greetings, they begin to talk in earnest.

“My knights will escort your military escort to the training fields. They have their own stables there. You can keep your royal carriages here next to the royal stables here at the castle.”

“Thank you very much. It will take some time to get our thoughts sorted out and calmed down after that storm this morning.”

“I heard about it from Lord Granthnel this morning. We didn’t get any of that severe wind damage here, just the usual rain and lightning.”

“That’s good. Now that we have clear skies, the weather will be easier until the next storm front next week.”

“Castle Commander Sir Norstrom, please escort their men to your training fields.”

“Yes, my Lord. Please follow me.” He mounts his horse. He leads them down a worn path inside the castle to the left. They exit a gate there already open. It takes about five minutes to arrive at their training fields on the south side of the castle.

“You can arrange your campsite there next to our barracks, Sir Trenton. We have plenty of room for your horses in our stables. They get filled when our Northern Arena gets filled for the midsummer festival. The arena is located near our eastern most town in our fiefdom.”

“Thank you very much, Sir Norstrom.” When they get in the clearing and near the barracks they start to arrange the campsite as before. The horses are directed into the stables and given an empty stall. I take off the saddle and bridle and put them on the railing inside the stall. Again I see the stall already filled with food and water for the horses.

It looks like they thought of everything this time, Swiftwind.

Yes they did, Richard. At least this time we have a solid roof above us. We will sleep well tonight.

We hear some of the stable hands make an announcement.

“We will put your horses out into the training fields at mid-afternoon for their romp and to eat some grass. We’ll take good care of them.”

“We’ll put blankets on them for tonight. It will be cool in the air after this rain storm we had this morning.”

“Thank you very much.”

Sir Halgren and I leave the stables together. Amber and Cobalt are sitting on my shoulders as before. We are carrying both of our satchels with us. We arrive back in the castle grounds and see the royalty still talking together. They turn to us as we approach them.

“We have rooms for you two here. You will have your own rooms with a joining door between the two.”

“Thank you, Lord Eralian. If I remember right the last time we spoke, some of your horses were skittish from the fear attack. Are they still nervous?”

“Thank you for remembering, Richard. There are some in both stables here. The centaurs here have tried their hardest to calm them down, but they can’t.”

“I’ll see what I can do help, Lord Eralian.”

“Thank you, Richard. Come, it is time for the noon repast.”

We all walk into the castle. I see a different main hall layout than the one I saw with Lord Granthnel’s castle. The groups that are coming with us are the town and village leaders with dwarf representatives from the town below. This includes our dwarf ambassadors, royalty and their children, Renard, Trianna, Drenan, Praxor, our commanders as well. When the doors are open to the dining room, we see a larger dining room than Lord Granthnel’s dining room. This one can hold two hundred easily.

We take our seats as directed by their chamberlain. We have our noon repast after the giving of thanks by their wizard. The meal was typical that I had elsewhere. They do serve their own style of spices, vegetables and fruits in their fiefdom here.

The rest of the day is spent with meetings and settling into the rooms. I spoke to the horses and try to help them understand what happened after visiting our rooms. Some of them were skeptical that I am the Omega Unicorn. The reason is that I still look like a man. Then an idea came to me.

Let me try this for you, Rush. Let me know if you see twelve unicorn images come out from me.

If can you do that, then I will believe you, Richard.

I stretch my arms and put my hands out to the side. Then all of a sudden twelve unicorns appear. Six appear on each side of me. All of the horses neigh at the sight with surprise. Sir Halgren, Amber and Cobalt are amazed at what they see. When I put my hands down to my side, the images return to me.

I believe you now, Richard. You are the Omega Unicorn!

I’m still learning what this means to me. You can also check my body. You should sense two fairy heart beats in me. I just became pregnant with them.

Rush and the other horses check me out. Soon they are neighing and shaking their heads up and down.

Yes, you are pregnant with fairies. You are just like the other male unicorns here.

I am, Rush. However, I was born dual gender back on my world before I came here. So, imagine my surprise that I am chosen for this great blessing from the Maker.

You are right, Omega. Your life did change very much.

I know I have been chosen to do some great things on Earth. I will have to be careful who I reveal myself to, Rush.

Yes you will, Omega. I hear you have a drop of Eingana’s blood in you.

I do, Rush. She told me the other animals and sea life will be aware of me now. They will probably protect me now.

That very well could happen, Omega.

This morning there was a terrible storm at Lord Granthnel’s castle. All of the horses screamed in my head, warning me of the danger approaching.

Were you overwhelmed?

I was, Rush. I was able to warn the men before I passed out. They were able to get everyone to safety before the storm came. Nobody got hurt, except some buildings in the town when some trees were uprooted and crashed into them.

That’s good, Omega. Okay, I am at ease now. So are the other horses here. We will sleep better tonight. Thank you very much for saving Twainor.

You’re welcome, Rush. Will I be needed over at the other stables in the training fields?

There are some there as well Omega who is still skittish. They will need some reassurance and belief you are the Omega Unicorn.

Okay, then I’ll be there. Take care now, Rush.

I turn around and see some astonished faces on Sir Halgren, Amber and Cobalt. I smile at them.

“What just happened, Richard?”

“Rush didn’t believe I was the Omega Unicorn. I had to come up with something to prove that I am the Omega Unicorn. They also sensed the two fairies in my womb.”

“Well, it sure did work, Richard. You have me believing now.”

“Come, let’s go to the other stables. There are some who are skittish and unbelieving as well.”

“Yes, let’s take care of this before the day ends.”

We walk back to the training fields. We see the horses doing their romp in the fields and eating some grass.

Swiftwind and Thunder! Please come here!

We hear you, Richard. We’re coming.

Swiftwind and Thunder coming running up to us, they stop before they reach us to catch their breath.

Are you enjoying the fresh air, Swiftwind and Thunder?

We are, Richard.

That’s good. I just met Rush over by the royal stables. I was able to convince him and some other horses there who were skeptical that I’m the Omega Unicorn. They soon accepted after I did a demonstration for them.

So you need to know if there are more in this stable who are still skittish and unbelieving, Omega.

That’s right, Thunder.

They are still in the stables, Richard. They refuse to come out. There are ten of them in there. We have tried to calm them down, but they refuse to.

Okay, let’s go in and find out what their problems are.

Yes, Richard. We’ll follow you in. I’m done for the day.

So am I, Omega.

“They are coming with us. There are ten horses in the stables here who refuse to come out. They are still nervous and unbelieving, even after our horses have tried talk to them.”

“That is a problem, Richard. Let’s go in and ease their minds.”

We walk into the stables. I walk up to one of the stable hands that is cleaning some buckets. He turns to me when he sees me.

“Greetings, Richard. What can I do for you? My name is Colsen.”

“Greetings, Colsen. I heard there are ten horses here who refuse to come out. They are also still jittery from the fear attack from the Nefelim.”

“That is true, Richard. That is they down there at the end of the stables. I don’t know what else is wrong with them.”

“I just had a talk with Rush in the Royal Stables. The other reason is this, they don’t believe I’m the Omega Unicorn because I’m still a man.”

“I see. That makes sense, Richard.”

“I did a demonstration for the Royal horses a little awhile ago. They believe now. They are much calmer and more relaxed now.”

“I would like to see and hear what you did, Richard.”

“You can watch. Get one of the centaurs here as well for confirmation.”

“That’s good advice. I’ll call him now. He is out in the fields with the other horses running around.”

“Okay.”

Colsen steps out to the training fields and calls for Gavri the centaur. He comes running to the stables. Colsen explains what is about to happen. He agrees to it whole heartedly to watch the interaction.

I walk down the aisle until I get between them all. They don’t pay attention to me.

“Hello, everyone. My name is Richard. I don’t know if you have heard. I was blessed to be the Omega Unicorn.”

They continue eating some sweet grain and still ignore me.

“Okay. Let’s try this tactic.”

Hello, horses of Lord Eralian!

All of the horses give a startled look at me now and stop what they are doing.
Gavri smiles and chuckles to himself. Swiftwind and Thunder give a slight whinny that sounds like laughter. Gavri whispers to the rest of them.

“Richard just spoke to their minds to wake them up.”

The others begin to smile and understand what is going on.

So, you can hear me.

What? You can talk to us like horses?

Yes, I can. This is a new experience for me as well.

How can yo u prove to us you’re the Omega Unicorn?

Yes, I want to know Richard.

I just did a demonstration for Rush and the other horses in the Royal stables. They all believe in me now.

I find that hard to believe.

Yes, let’s see this proof.

I extend my arms and hands to the side of me. Then all of a sudden twelve images of the unicorns appear, six on either side of me.

Everyone has a startled look who hasn’t seen the display. The ten horses neigh with excitement.

You are the Omega Unicorn!

Yes you are, Richard. You have part of their spirits from them.

Yes I do, friends. Not only that, use your horse sense and sense my stomach. You should detect something familiar.

They look at my stomach. Soon they sense two small fairy heartbeats in Richard’s womb.

You are pregnant like the male unicorns. How did this happen, Richard?

Yes, how did this happen?

First of all, I was born dual gender back on Earth. I didn’t know about it until several moons ago on my world. It was hidden from me for years from me. Imagine my surprise in being chosen to be the Outside Helper before I knew that.

Then forgive us for not believing you.

Yes, forgive us Omega Unicorn.

I forgive you all.

I walk up to each one and touch the side of their heads or touch their necks. They whinny slightly and nod their heads up and down.

Thank you, Omega.

Yes, thank you, Omega.

Now, are any of you still jittery and nervous from the fear attack by the Nefelim?

The ten horses look at each other to check each other out.

I guess we are not, Omega. It looks like we were hiding our disbelief in you with that fear. Gavri helped us over come it before you came here.

You’re a bunch of silly horses. You have had your riders and Lord Eralian all concerned by doing that. You need to make up with them as well.

We will, Omega. Thank you very much.

You’re welcome. I turn to the others at the other end of the stables. “Swiftwind and Thunder, come here and talk some horse sense to them. They should be more friendly now.”

Swiftwind and Thunder come walking down the aisle to greet them. Soon they are talking to each other and sharing the latest news from what each has seen and done. I walk back to the others. Gavri is smiling widely and almost laughing.

“What happened, Richard?”

“It seems it all stems from me and their wondering if I’m the Omega Unicorn, Colsen. They were using the fear attack from the Nefelim as an excuse to deny my existence, despite Gavri’s success to ease their fears from that fear attack.”

Then everyone begins to chuckle and giggle when they hear that.

“That is great, Richard. What do they need to do now, Richard?”

“They need to apologize to their riders and Lord Eralian for their deception and denial Colsen and Gavri. Once their apologies are accepted and forgiven, everything should be all right.”

“Thank you, Richard. I’ll be glad to interpret for them and speak out what they are saying.”

All of the knights and Lord Eralian come by when they hear they are needed in the stables. They stand there and listen to Gavri what Richard discovered that was happening. Then the ten knights walk up to their own horse. The horses nuzzle the sides of their rider’s faces. Gavri speaks for the horses so the others know what they are saying.

“You’re forgiven, my friend. You had us worried over nothing.” The knights hug their necks tightly.

Then the knights’ start to hear word phrases from the horses in their minds “Thank you” many times over. The knights touch the side of their heads while they smile at them. The horses whinny as they nod their heads up and down.

Lord Eralian does the same thing to confirm his understanding to each of the horses there in the knight’s stable and the Royal stable. Rush apologized several times before he relented and accepted Lord Eralian’s forgiveness.

The rest of the time spent in the fiefdom proved to be typical to what we did in Lord Granthnel’s fiefdom. However, when the sunset came, they all gather in the town’s central park at the center of town. It turned out to be a festive atmosphere. They don’t get tired of it each day. They thanked me and Sir Halgren for helping to save Twainor. Sir Halgren and I get a small bag of silver and gold coins from Lord Eralian as well.

Thomas taught a few lessons to some of our knights who tore their clothes again. Afterwards, they were more careful and observant when they had to do their own sewing. King Tierion and Sir Trenton approved of the tactic to teach them a lesson. We had another splendid evening repast in Lord Eralian’s castle. He served up 2,000 meals to the invited guests gathered. Several ribbon awards were given out to some of the people who stayed behind during the fear attack. Two of the knights are given the commendation and promotion to corporal for their heroism. They saved several people when the wild herds rumbled through a town and destroyed the store fronts.

We left their fiefdom at the third mark tomorrow morning to arrive in Lord Hershson’s fiefdom. It took us two marks on the main road to arrive at his castle. We get a great ovation from the people gathered there. These northern lands have a different landscape and geology. It is more rolling hills and flatter throughout the fiefdom, except the western part where land rises up to the mountain range. I can see at least two volcanoes smoldering in the distance. The forests here are more durable to withstand the winters. Some of the trees remind me of the evergreen trees we have on earth.

We did find out that there are several hot springs in the rolling plains below the mountain range. There are some villages and one town built near them to take advantage of thermal springs and create some business with the geological formation.

On the morning of the full day in the fiefdom, we get a surprise visit from Eirecann Kingdom. Four ships come sailing into the main port in the fiefdom. We find an entourage of several dignitaries, royalty and Evrat himself.

I walk down the docks to greet him. We give each other a big hug.

“What are you doing here, Evrat?”

“Lord Hershson and Praxor contacted us when you finished your first Lord’s meeting after the fear attack. Instead of coming to us, we decided to come to you once we heard your schedule here. We have on board here several kinds of fruit trees and vegetables that are made for survival in the northern climate.”

“That’s great. Thank you very much. Come, let’s celebrate this day.”

Evrat smiles at me, “There is another reason to come. I just received word from my home world. I’m needed back there after the regional festival here. Our defensive line of deep space sensors came back with a positive lock on a huge armada coming our way.”

“That does sound serious, Evrat. Will you have help with your nearby allies?”

“We will, Richard. First, we have to determine their intentions, armament and how fast they are moving toward us. With that knowledge we can determine which weapon we need to disarm them.”

“Well you have our good thoughts and prayers that your world is successful.”

“Thank you, Richard. Come, let us see to the celebrations today.”

We walk down the boardwalk of the port to the center of the town. We see the men unload their gifts for Lord Hershson. About one hundred and twenty potted fruit trees and an assortment of vegetables get unloaded from the ships. King Loran and his wife came also to greet King Tierion and give him the word personally of what is being brought here.

We gather in the town square of the port. The port and town name is Coveland. The name comes from the large arm of land on the West side of the port. It stretches a natural large curve into the north sea. The arm has a string of large hills. Near the end of the arm is a tall crystal light house signaling the entrance to the cove.

We gather in the town square to hear what is being said. Lord Hershson and wife are standing in the center. One side is King Tierion, Queen Shiranna and their group of dignitaries. On the other side is King Loran and his entourage.

“Thank you, King Loran, for these precious gifts from your kingdom. Our farmers here will handle them with great care. We hope in a few years time, the fruit crops will be bountiful and overflowing. We know the vegetables will provide immediate income for next years planting and harvest.”

“You’re welcome, Lord Hershson. Our conditions are very similar to each other, even though we are a bit further north of here. Use these fruit trees wisely in the years to come. Eventually they should be able to replace what you lost during the last several frost seasons. These fruit trees will blossom and produce fruit faster before the first cold blast comes in late fall.”

Everyone in the crowd claps and cheers to the good news they just heard. The rest of the morning has everyone excited about the harvests in the future. All of the invited guests gather together for the noon repast at one of the local inns. King Loran and his entourage appreciates the invitation.

“I’m sorry I won’t be attending your evening repast at your castle, Lord Hershson. We have to be back to continue making preparations for our own midsummer festival. We had some serious damages in our main town near our largest arena. A lot of people are displaced and are living in the inns. So, until the apartments are rebuilt to move them back in, we are at a standstill. Those inns will be filled quickly when they are open back up for business. Also, we are building some new inns when we host some of the regional festival events as well.”

“Yes, you are very busy now King Loran. I really appreciate the gifts today. That is more than enough for us. We’ll keep the potted fruit plants safe in our storage buildings. We’ll plant them at the beginning of next year just when the last cold wave from winter leaves.”

“Yes, that is a good time to plant them. Leave only one fruit on the tree for three years. In the fourth year you can have the tree bear its full crop.”

“Yes, we are familiar with that advice. Thank you for the reminder, King Loran.”

They gather in one of the largest inns that can seat the two hundred guests for the noon repast. The inn’s master chef asks for Chef Beharn’s help with the extra number of people. He gladly accepts the request. He recommends to him to serve up their signature seafood dishes.

“I will need some additional fish and vegetables from the local markets here, Chef Beharn.”

“That is no problem. Tell me how much more you need, I’ll purchase the items and bring them here.”

“Thank you very much, Beharn. Since we have a mark and half to go until noon, we have time to do it right.”

“That’s right.”

The inn’s chef and Beharn check the storage areas and shows him what they have. Beharn writes down the extra items needed to serve two hundred people that showed up unexpectedly.

“This is great. I’ll be back in one-quarter mark with the items. Start doing the prep work for the courses. It only takes a half-mark to cook fish properly in the pots and on the grills. We’ll do your two styles that you have here. One will be the fish stew, and the other one will be grilled with some vegetables.”

“I was able to make your grilled spice groups here. But it does have an additional spice for our region here.”

“That’s good. I’ll taste test it when I get back.” Chef Beharn leaves the inn and looks for King Tierion. He explains what he needs to do to purchase extra food for the noon repast. King Tierion agrees to the extra purchase. Chef Beharn then leaves and brings two squires and a cart with him to help carry the additional items back to the inn.

Beharn first task is to find the markets here in Coveland. There are five fish markets here. Each one basically have the same types of fish from the waters here. However, he finds two of them stock some of the more northern varieties that Eirecann usually carries in their markets. He picks out and purchases five varieties of fish for the stew and two different ones that will be grilled. He also purchases what is available for vegetables in the area. He is surprised to see some southern vegetables shipped in to make a broader selection to choose from. He then checks the list and sees he needs some additional basic spice items. This is to replace what the inn’s chef will use for the noon repast. He finds two stores in town that have everything he needs for the inn. Once the list is checked off, the squires push and roll the cart back to the inn.

The inn’s chef sees that Beharn did an excellent selection for the noon repast. The squires unload the items to the kitchen and restock the cold and dry rooms. The squires don full body aprons to assist the clean up as the fish is gutted and fileted by the inn’s cooks. All of the food is prepared by the half-mark. Then begins the cooking of the stew, the grilling, finishing the salad plates and the fruit dishes.

Everyone gathers in the inn at noon time. After the giving of thanks by the local wizard, the meal is served to everyone. Everybody enjoys the repast immensely. They give great praise, clapping and cheering for serving up a wonderful meal.

After the noon repast, Evrat and I have a private audience with King Tierion and King Loran before he leaves at a table near the corner of the inn. The rest of the people who came with King Loran do some shopping at the local shops and get some supplies for the return trip.

“King Tierion, I was just informed by Evrat that he will be leaving after the regional festival here. He said there is a situation that requires his attention.”

“I do have to go back early, Kings. I was just informed three days ago there is a large armada of one hundred space ships coming our way. Our deep space sensors warned us of their approach. Right now we and our neighboring allies are watching what they are doing. First we need to know their intentions, their own weapon status and time of arrival. Then we’ll be able to devise our defense and what weapon we need to disarm them.”

“Evrat mentioned this to me before we came here, King Tierion. We’ll need to inform the rest of our Outside Helpers about this before they go home. It’s possible everyone will be going home right after the regional festival.”

“Then my stay here for a year is a mute point, King Tierion and King Loran. Even though Earth doesn’t have the capability yet for a space defense. Our rockets only reach our upper atmosphere to satellite orbits and to our moon easily. Our moon base has no real defensive or offensive options at this time. It is only five years old. Right now it is used as a communication outpost while we learn deep space travel to our local planets. We have been to our fourth planet and did an actual manned survey for a six-month period once. It took five years of planning to do that survey when the planets were lined up right.”

“That is a problem, Richard, if you get an invasion at this time. Let’s hope we can turn them away and give them second thoughts about approaching our Local Group.”

“Then that is what we must hope for Evrat. We’ll bring this up at the Regional Festival when we all gather there.”

“I agree, King Loran.”

“King Loran and King Tierion, there is something I must tell you both. When I met Avel in the woods, I was shown a remarkable and incredible sight there. It all started when the First Ones arrived here the first day. The dwarves who came had seeds in their pockets from our trees on Earth.”

“What?!” Exclaim King Tierion, King Loran and Evrat.

“It’s true. However, the centaurs and the fairies have kept their numbers to a minium to keep the species alive. It is possible these seeds, if brought back to Earth, will help Earth become a beautiful green garden like you have here.”

“I remember you saying there are problems on Earth with the forests being destroyed.”

“That’s right King Tierion. We need to ask the other unicorns if they have any of these trees hidden in your forests on Twainor. Each one will be a different group for a different area on Earth.”

“I see. We do need to ask them. We’ll have them bring the seeds to the Regional Festival so you can take them home. It will have to be done in secret so no one becomes alarmed when they see an old strain come back to life.”

“It is also possible these old seeds will be resistant to the insects and blights that has caused us problems for centuries. The seeds have been here for thousands of years in this soil and atmospheric conditions.”

“I agree, Richard. That is a good thought to have.”

“It has also been written in several old text books that one thousand years from now on Earth, there will be a new heaven and a new Earth. I was thinking it is because we finally learned how to take care of the land better and have the depleted forests and deserts bloom again during that time.”

“That is a hopeful sign, Richard.” King Tierion looks at King Loran. “The Emissaries also told Richard that one hundred years will pass here while one thousand years will pass on Earth. Richard will live throughout that time watching and guiding Earth along the way. He also has to prepare Earth for the arrival of the Emissaries as well.”

“You do have a lot of work to do, Richard.”

“I know, Evrat. I also figured out I will give birth to about 1,600 fairies during that time. My wife will give us children as well. The boys will be dual gender as well and give birth to their own fairies. I think when it is all said and done a thousand years from now, everyone will have two fairies on their shoulders when peace finally comes to Earth. But it is also written that several more wars and battles will take place on Earth before that comes. There is one battle in particular that will get the world’s and the universe’s attention. For a lack of a better title, it is called the Ultimate Last Battle that determines the fate of us all.”

“Have you heard of that story on your world, Evrat?”

“I have, King Loran. We often wondered how far reaching this last battle will be. I’ll have to double check our historical records to verify it. Then we must ensure our Local Group is well fortified and protected as we admit new worlds to our Group.”

“Yes, their technology must progress so that we can all help each other.”

“Okay, we’ll make it one of the agendas to discuss at the Regional Festival.”

“I have a question before you leave, King Loran and Evrat.”

“What is it, Richard?”

“How far along are the dwarves in discovering the 92 basic elements, Evrat?”

“I visited some of the designer and builder enclaves on Eirecann, Richard. They have discovered some of the radioactive elements, Richard. The organization is just like our charts now. I think there are one or two left they haven’t found yet.”

“Now, I’m really impressed with that Evrat. That is a lot faster than it took on my world. At the turn of the last century, our science leapt forward very fast once the basic understanding how the elements are built was understood properly.”

“We had the same insight explosion in technology as well Richard, once we understood it.”

“Well, we can talk some more at the Regional Festival. I need to get back for our evening repast.”

“Thank you for the surprise visit, King Loran. I was planning a two-week visit to each of the kingdoms while Richard is here for a year. It looks like I will have to scrap that plan now.”

“That would have been great gesture King Tierion. But we need the time to get ready for the Regional Festival and our midsummer festival.”

“That’s true. Well, take care my friend, until we meet again.”

They both stand up and put their right hand onto their left shoulder. They smile to each other. I do the same with Evrat.

“You can always tap in at one our arenas if you like, King Loran. I’m hoping Richard will participate in some of the contests.”

“We’ll probably do that.”

“Which ones will you do, Richard?”

“Probably some of the running races with the centaurs, Evrat. I think my endurance is better than theirs.”

“That would be a sight to see.”

We break apart and leave the inn together. We are then escorted by several knights down to the docks. We see everyone has gathered together to see them off. Once they boarded the ships, they set sail to return Eirecann Kingdom.

We go about the tasks we need to do today. Another meeting takes place at Lord Hershson’s castle to make sure the gifts that were brought are well protected until next year’s planting month. They go over the plans for the improvements will happen in the fiefdom. The wild herds in this region head south before winter comes, this will give them time to put up the stone walls around some of the villages and towns who need them when they come back at the beginning of spring.

The evening repast at Lord Hershson’s castle turned out to be a grand gathering. The main hall can hold 1,500. He also used the knight’s dining halls to hold an additional 1,000. Everybody had several representatives from each of the towns, villages and ports in the fiefdom. It was a very festive atmosphere. Lord Hershson gave twenty-four ribbons out for the people. Most of the people didn’t go to the mountains for protection. The wild herds did a lot of destruction in the towns and villages buildings and store fronts. The local mystic order and healers are still busy in helping the people to calm down their minds from the fear attack. Renard, Trianna and our mystic order and healers helped out where they could to ease their burden and to help themselves recover as well. Lord Hershson promoted six knights to corporal for showing their bravery in assisting the people. He also promoted three corporals to sergeant for helping and keeping the knights focused in helping others. They did a great job of exhorting them to stand firm and be strong for the fiefdom. They had the fewest number of knights that couldn’t stand up during the fear attack.

I did another musical number with some of the local musicians while the colorful lights came through the courtyard. By now, most of Twainor understands why Amber, Cobalt and I have a golden glow about us when it happens. The local fairies and centaurs appreciated our presence when we arrived. It helped them see that everyone cares for each other when trouble comes.

After the evening light show, Sir Halgren, Amber, Cobalt and I go to our rooms in Lord Hershson’s castle. We get a good night’s sleep to continue our tour. We still have five more fiefdoms to visit.

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 2 Summer Vacation Ch. 34

They need to be careful about believing in Richard, s that can detract from Belief in the Maker and Richard needs to refrain from thinking to highly of himself as Pride goeth before the fall. And what about the Giants star ships? Can't they be used aainst the invading fleet?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

That is one of the reasons for going home early

Hello Stanman,

But this is where time and space play havoc on the plans. While one hundred years will pass on Twainor, almost one thousand years will pass on Earth before this great collision in the future.

Richard will get tested many times during that time. All of the players involved have not been told what will happen while some might have to check their own world's historical records. Even they will be tested as well. This armada that Evrat's home world detected is one of the twists and turns in time and apace. There is a phrase that is needed here. It was stated in a previous comment in Chapter 21.

The statement from the film "Cool Hand Luke" said so convincingly by Strother Martin. "What we have here is failure to communicate". Thank you Janice Lynn.

So, now everybody must communicate to know what is going on. Richard still has to find a way to help Earth prepare. There has to be some sort of progress to achieve a means to the end.

Have a great week everyone.
Rachel

If a hundred years on

If a hundred years on Twainor is equal to a 1,000 on Earth; will the people waiting on Earth for Richard's return be waiting 10 years, and won't they have gotten tired of waiting by now? It does seem to be the percentage breakdown of 1=10. Just wondering I guess.

Good observation about the time and space problem

Hello Janice Lynn,

I have thought about this problem for a long time. I even did problems with it back in college with the physics classes I had. Back then (1989) it was stated we can't go faster than the speed of light. Then it was proven in the lab, the electron can travel faster than the speed of light in an electric conduit. (2007 or so)

What that tells me, that is fine for the electron level. But for humans to travel faster than the speed of light, it has not been discovered yet. Maybe our real UFO visitors know something about that. They are watching how we are progressing through life.

Richard's first time on Twainor is an almost one to one correlation. Richard saw the stars streaking past him with the magic that brought him there. Therefore he traveled faster than the speed of light. The second trip is a different correlation. Richard will spend about three months on Twainor while he is gone from Earth for about one hour.

Right now, the realm of traveling faster than the speed of light is regulated to the science fiction and fantasy. Who knows when that will happen in the future. But we do know that dealing with space, time, distance and the speed of light is still not fully understood in a physical sense. So for now we can only speculate what is happening in the lab and the theorists.

I'll leave you with these choice lines from certain actors and a genius.

"Scotty, can we get to warp factor 8?"
"She is a bucklin, Capt'n. I given it her all she's got."

For Einstein, everything is relative.

Have a great week everyone.
Rachel