At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 2
The Start of my Greatest Weekend

As I arrived at the railway station I realized that I was 45 minutes early and it worried me in case I saw someone that I knew. It was the first time that I’d ever been outside my home dressed like this and I almost decided to turn around and go back. But the taxi driver who was a young Asian man was getting impatient with me as I tried to unload my luggage so in the end I gave him a 5 pound note and he sped off before I could ask him to take me home again.

I was just looking for the taxi queue to return home when I saw Jessica and four girls waving to me. She was with Molly Jo and Sally her flat mates and 2 girls from the office Vicky and Lisa. Molly Jo had dropped them all off and her and Sally came towards me smiling. Molly Jo said that I looked very nice and that she was amazed at how feminine I looked. I hadn’t made that much of an effort with make up or with my hair but since I’d opted for one of my sisters favorite jackets and really bright colored scarf I did look a lot like my sister. Also it was a bit chilly so I’d worn some gloves as well.

I was flushed with embarrassment when Jessica eventually came over. She made it obvious to everybody that she was my boss and made some remarks about my incompetence and how I was so scatterbrained and that I was sure to have left something behind. She wasn’t really keen on my joining the party since I was likely to embarrass them. But Vicky told me that she’d been outvoted and I know that Anne had stood up for me. Vicky had said as a colleague I had a right to be there as Christine and she’d offered to help by persuading me to dress up for the hen night. Jessica had relented but it was only on the basis that I spent the whole weekend as Christine and that I had to be properly dressed.

By now I felt like the whole taxi queue were watching us and then another taxi arrived with Jane who was getting married the following week with Liz, her chief bridesmaid, and Anne. But Helen was missing so Jessica told us that she’d decided that Sally could join us and she was packed ready to go. Mary Jo left to drive home and then Jessica explained that Helen had called her and wasn’t able to come with us because of stomach cramps. We found out later it was boyfriend trouble but in any case I liked Sally and she agreed that she would double with me since we knew each other.

Anne had already booked 8 tickets on the internet as weekend special fares that we then collected and lucky for us they were in Special First so it would be comfortable and spacious. It meant we couldn’t share tables side by side but we didn’t mind. Anyway the idea was to start the celebrations by having a brunch on the way down and so Liz had brought 2 bottles of Cava and some champagne flutes and she and Helen had popped into Sainsbury’s to buy some smoked salmon and other goodies. I felt awful since I hadn’t brought anything so I went into the station supermarket shop to buy some sandwiches and chocolates.

I did then realize that I should have borrowed a bag and purse so I had somewhere to store things including my mobile phone. They were tucked inside one of my jacket pockets. Sally was looking to the sky and shaking her head saying, “Men”. So she produced a spare bag from her suitcase and we agreed we’d buy a purse first chance we could. Jessica turned her nose up at this suggestion and walked off.

By now I’d decided to ignore her because I was feeling more and more comfortable. I wished I’d had the courage before and thought of the opportunities I’d missed with my mum away regularly and my sisters wardrobe available anytime I wanted to explore my feminine side. Then as we walked through towards the platform Helen decided we should have a photo and she stopped us all whilst she arranged for a platform attendant to take it for us. I could have died since it was someone I used to go to school with. Luckily he didn’t see me very well since he was distracted by Helen and Liz fussing around him. I just I tried to hide as much as I could and wished I could sink into the earth. At one time he did seem to look me in the eye and I was sure he was going to say something.

The journey to Birmingham was fun. I enjoyed the joking and the laughter and the stories that were told. Jessica had many stories from her days in the Supermarket but mostly about how she was taking charge of situations. I realized that she was always looking for praise and admiration but she had in fact been very brave and had confronted shoplifters, dealt with customers collapsing, angry customers, difficult sales staff and all manner of people. I was beginning to realize I could never reach the standard she expected and she considered me over qualified and a bit of a wimp. I could see why she had been selected as the office Manager.

I sat in a seat of four with Sally and across us were Helen and Liz. They were crazy and started the Cava before we left the station. Helen was only 23 years of age so I felt she was very young to get married but she seemed to have fallen madly in love. She seemed to always accept me as one of the girls and treated me like a close friend. She was aware that Jessica liked to bully me and said she’d like to punch her on the nose.

After a while I needed to visit the loo and Sally insisted to come with me so we went into the handicap toilet for more space. I’d never thought I’d ever go to the loo with a girl but she was so casual about it. She just dropped her jeans and used the loo without any concern that I was standing there and I then I burst out laughing. I just giggled with her for ages until of course it was my turn and then I obviously had a shocked expression. She was very polite and just turned away whilst I dropped my jeans and sat down on the seat. It seemed natural and I could hardly stand whilst dressed like this.

After we washed our hands she then helped me to adjust my hair and applied some mascara and a little lip gloss. It did seem to finish things off and I felt even more feminine. I just hoped that my sister never found out I’d worn her clothes and yet I was pleased. I looked just like her and I wish she could have been with us since I missed her a lot.

But here I was on a great weekend trip dressed in her clothes and wearing her ankle boots. I loved the feeling of tights under the jeans and even though the extra layer made going to the loo a bit more difficult I realised this was something we girls had to accept.

Helen and Liz were much louder when we arrived back at our seats. They joked about us being lesbians having spent so much time in the loo together so loud in fact that the whole of the carriage could hear. Liz had such a high pitched laugh that everybody turned around. She was still great fun and never seemed to stop talking.

They chatted up the guard who was very embarrassed and he hardly seemed to check our tickets and were constantly up and down singing and playing tricks on sally and I. By the time we reached Birmingham we were all quite merry and ready for some fun.
Jessica took charge as usual and divided us into 2 groups of four for the taxi ride to the hotel. Naturally she opted for the other taxi that did upset me a little bit. Anyway in our taxi the taxi driver was younger. He seemed to look at me and I was petrified as I thought that he’d realized I was not female but Sally hit my arm and whispered not to worry as he just fancied me. I said she shouldn’t be so stupid.

It was sunny and much warmer than we expected so I removed my jacket. Sally said I needed to pad up my bust and suggested we should buy some inserts for the weekend during the afternoon when we went shopping for my bag and purse. I then put my jacket back on as I was a little concerned that I would be considered on the small side.

We ended up chatting about Sally’s ex boyfriend who had beaten her up that had put her off boys for a while. She said she’d felt safer around me and liked me even more as Christine than as Chris. She clung to me and we linked arms. I liked Sally a lot by now and was glad that Jessica had put us together in the same room. How different they were in personality.

When we arrived at the hotel some bell boys picked up our bags and carried them inside. It was nice to be treated like a lady as we entered the hotel and a kind gentleman held the door open for us. We all checked in and I used my credit card as security for our room. Somehow I felt it was my responsibility and luckily the card was issued as C Taylor so it didn’t seem to trouble the desk clerk.

I was taken aback to find a king size double bed in the room rather than 2 singles but Sally just laughed and said she didn’t mind if I slept on the floor. She was joking of course and selected the side furthest from the door in case anybody broke in to rob us She was giggling so I said they would come in through the window to make her think twice.

We unpacked quickly and Sally inspected my choice of clothes and whilst the nightdress and underwear passed her audit check she was not impressed with the trousers and top that I’d brought along that she said were too staid. She insisted we’d go to a shopping to find a dress and some shoes and rang Jessica to tell her we were going out.

The girls had been thinking about a sauna and a swim and that’s what they decided. Jessica said that and would meet us later when we got back so we took a taxi to a shopping mall. I was trying to keep up with Sally as she searched for something more dressy and eventually we ended up in Next Retail because she felt we could buy all I needed there so not to delay us. I was in dreamland! As we looked at the racks of clothes it was like a paradise. I’d often wanted to wonder freely in a ladies shop and here I was with Sally offering suggestions.

We took about 5 items into the changing room and she pushed me hard through the doorway and into a cubicle. I hadn’t padded out my bust so she placed some tissues in my bra that was enough to see the effect of each item. We settled on an animal print long sleeve mid thigh dress in Jersey material that I really liked but I couldn’t resist to also buy another short sleeve dress and leggings. We bought a pair of black square toe court shoes with a high heel and some flat shoes to go with the leggings.

We then purchased 2 bra and pant sets and some really expensive silky shear dark tights and of course a black patent shoulder bag, make-up kit and a soft leather purse.

Then Sally spotted some bust enhancers and so our mission was finally accomplished. Total bill was twice what I expected to spend but luckily my credit card was good for it. We hugged and then decided to call it a day and go into Starbucks. I was really on a high by now. I settled for tea in fact since I had struggled a little when trying on the clothes and so I felt I needed to take more care. Sally rang Jessica and she said they’d be waiting in the bar for an early bird drink since it was 2 for 1 Happy Hour.

We got back to the hotel bar around 5pm and everybody wanted to see my purchases. It was so strange to be the centre of so much attention that I never experience as Chris. I was conscious that I was stealing the limelight from Helen so we focused on the cocktails and I tried to divert attention each time someone wanted to look in my backs. Jessica had a very jealous expression on her face and I realized I should have gone straight to our room instead of meeting them in the bar. .

Luckily it was soon 6pm and time to prepare for the evening. Since Sally and I had not showered we left the others and they decided to take one more drink. Really I was so excited that I wanted to look at my new purchases. I gave Sally a very special hug as we closed the door and thanked her for this wonderful support. She kissed me lightly on the lips and whispered that I was very welcome.

To be continued…

up
162 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 2

Like how they treated you.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Seems to be going well so far...

...but Jessica, who's already proved herself to be a Class A _itch at work has the potential to be a fly in the proverbial ointment.

Oh well, only one thing for it - read on!

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Chris is a brave, brave girl...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Not only to join the girls as a girl but to expose himself to Jessica's unkind ministrations. I hope it comes back to bite her in the butt!

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!