Elmo and Zoe and GenderMagic

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Elmo and Zoe and GenderMagic

Me...Cookie Monster...Me happy to see you. You come here a lot…I bet. Sunny days…sleeping the cares away. Me got story for you…My friend Elma

You see, Elma born a boy, ‘member? Yesssss…….Elmo…that right! You got it!

He was unhappy….Children’s Workshop not cut him in on franchise action. Me take ‘em to court…made separate settlement…keep me and great grandchildren in cookies for lotta time.

Anyway…he unhappy ‘cause he don’t feel like a boy…his momma let him dress up like girl muppet (nice yarn wig and colored lips no make him happy). His daddy run off with Lady Aberlin from Mr. Rogers….she one hot cookie…if I may coin expresshun?

Well, he dressed like girl muppet and he get confused…go into boys’ bathroom anyway…guess who he run into? No…not Big Bird…No…not Ernie….Ernie and Bert gone to Massachusetts …got tired of waiting for Mayor Boombox or whatever his name is. That other guy on TV now promise a lot but have to quit…

No…not Grover…he busy writing stories and spending time as SuperGrover on BCTS ….trans-grover? No…just like spandex, me think.

He run into Oscar the Grouch coming out of boys’ bath room. Oscar very mean…say nasty things about Elma’s wig. Like he doing review on that other website. Too sad.

Anyway…Elma is sad and lonely….but guess what?

Him find out Zoe swing both ways…So Elma ask Abby Cadaby if she help him become a her and she say yes…certainly. (Elma still like girl…not stereotypical t-girl, you know…don’t like tofu or Discovery Channel, but still watch New Yankee Workshop with that Norm guy.)

Anyway…Elma have to go tell Momma and step-dad. Her momma is second cousin to Lambchop and step-dad is (don’t tell anyone I told you.. Rowlf the Dog…It supposed to be big secret since her momma never got married to her dad, and Rowlf is real father…World Weekly Review online)!

Momma say…oooohhhh…I always want girl…someone to wear pantyhose with…never have anyone to go shopping after sad day.

Elma’s grandma died and her Momma spent entire week at Macy’s!

Rowlf say welcome to family, kitten. Why he call her kitten me not know, but most of us used pet phrases…like squirrely and Puppykins….Muppets odd that way!

Elma glad to have acceptance so immediately…not like most kids that way…too bad…Me feel sorry for girls and boys who get stuck with recalcitrant family member. Like when Guy Smiley try to transition and family ostru…ostra…kick him out.

Not worry about other TV people. Diane Sawyer do big interview with Elma just before Abby do magic thing. Shake blond head in sympathy like good interviewer. Elma just happy to have someone who care and nice girl to go home to. Zoe cute that way...

President of PBS all surprised but happy for Elma…give her own special Prime Time before Nova!

“Gender-Muppets — A Study in Transgender Puppetry” Me no understand that…Paula Kerger talk with big words, but have nice assortment of cookies in office!

Elma now studying to become lawyer after she finish her degree in dental hygiene. She very smart girl. Zoe writing novel and guest hosting on The View next week for Joy Behar.

Elma say she very happy to be girl…finally girl within. Actually that true in real life. The person who have her hand up Elma is Gina Policastro; a Muppet-teer and part time voice over for Cymbalta commercial.

Me let you in on secret. Lots of us want to be the girls we are. Maybe you hope and pray for us?

Oh…got any macaroons?

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

*cackle*

Zoe Taylor's picture

she one hot cookie…if I may coin expresshun?

Drea, this whole thing was absolutely precious. :-D

* * *

"Zoe, you are definitely the Queen of Sweetness with these Robin stories!"
~ Tychonaut

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

Thank you 'Drea,

ALISON

'Christmas 2009 I bought an Elmo for my the almost 3 year old grand daughter which was as big as her.She immediately
put Elmo into a pink dress despite her sisters telling her that he was a boy and he remains in the dress to this day
and she still loves Elmo,the girl!

ALISON

Hi Gram...

I really can't believe you did it and pulled it off (so to speak) so beautifully! This is such a giggle and just the perfect thing for today.

Always Your...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrat

Snort

Cookie monsters can say 'recak...' 'recalls...' 'wresk all sus trans'...difficult?

Elma?

"Me let you in on secret. Lots of us want to be the girls we are. Maybe you hope and pray for us?"

And for us who watched as well?

Nice, funny little story.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Sad that in this day & age

laika's picture

...gendermuppets are still struggling to gain acceptance. I thought all that was settled after Mr. Piggy transitioned.
Lots of quirky laughs here tho', in his own garbled way Cookie Monster is a fine storyteller...

.
The closest approximation to what it's like in my brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08E7c-FRbU&t=4s

Elmo and Zoe and GenderMagic

Well, Grover is HERE as an author. How many will join him\her?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

And I'll bet that no child

And I'll bet that no child who is of an age to watch and interact with the Muppet characters, would even think anything was wrong if Elmo or another of the Muppets started coming out in "drag"; UNLESS their parents made a big deal or fuss over it.

Witty

RAMI

What a wonderful story to wake up to and read before starting the day. How Andrea continues to think these stories up is truly amazing.

RAMI

RAMI

Mr. Piggy

joannebarbarella's picture

Still has that annoying affectation...."Moi?" but spends his days trying to avoid the affections of Kermita, who he doesn't find at all attractive,

Joanne